*Idea* A set up a bit like windows Ie New Tab

Just an idea when searching through all the things we do on FM, like looking for staff i find it might be a good idea to be able to open a new tab i'll try explain

when your on the page for staff search, open a new tab to go to your staff, also when looking for player and i think it saves going back an forth from the page you need i also think it might give a bit more realism

• SI Staff
You might do well asking this in the Skinning forum. If there isn't already one out there, someone might look into creating it.

That would be a bit pointless when it can't be done by anyone customising the game.

Just an idea when searching through all the things we do on FM, like looking for staff i find it might be a good idea to be able to open a new tab i'll try explain

when your on the page for staff search, open a new tab to go to your staff, also when looking for player and i think it saves going back an forth from the page you need i also think it might give a bit more realism

I would really like for that to be implemented as it would save us a lot of time. :thup:

I use tabs for browsing the web but i wouldnt want to see this in FM. The amount of screens that would open would be insane. I look at so many squad/player/league pages I think id lose track and eventually miss something important.

Maybe if it was an option for those that want it?

I use tabs for browsing the web nbu i wouldnt want to see this in FM. The amount of screens that would open would be insane. I look at so many squad/player/league pages I think id lose track and eventually miss something important.

Maybe if it was an option for those that want it?

I would only wanted for when we are searching for players and staff.

The thing is that a multi-tabbed interface could tremendously speed up a few processes, like viewing multiple player screens for example - it certainly would be much more convenient to simply close a tab instead of using the back-button continuously. But as it has already been said here, not everything in the game would profit from that and some people will be inconvenienced by an additional tab-bar taking up valuable space that isn't available on smaller resolutions in the first place. If this ever gets implemented, I'd hope for a way to either a) disable multiple tabs completely or b) to auto-hide the tab-bar if only one has currently been opened.

Still, I suspect that a multi-tab interface would require the guys from SI to do a complete rewrite of the whole frontend of the game. If that's as I suspect it to be, then we won't see a completely redone interface anytime soon.

I have often found myself wishing I could open tabs when looking at a list of players in player search. It should only be available for player profiles though and all tabs should be closed when you press the continue button.

It should be pointed out to the OP that IE was the last major browser to adopt tabs though. They even claimed that tabs were pointless and that their users didn't want them.

I have often found myself wishing I could open tabs when looking at a list of players in player search. It should only be available for player profiles though and all tabs should be closed when you press the continue button.

Hell, why stop there? Customize your filter, sort by price, transfer status, age, whatever, and just drag-select the results, right click, "open all player profiles in new tabs". How cool would that be?

Well, a man can dream....

• SI Staff
Am I missing something? Hasn't Ter already created a tabbed interface? I think the latest design is near perfect, the only way I feel it could be improved more is allowing multiple windows for proper multi-tasking.

People are talking about opening player profiles etc on their own tabs similar to what you can do in internet browsers.

How odd, i was thinking about this earlier!

It would be so handy to have a fully customisable tab interface, for example I want my squad on one tab and transfers on the next tab so I can swap between the two quickly! Would love to see this added :)

Brilliant idea, I find it very frustrating and awkward trying to go back and forth between sections, especially when comparing players, I know I can do the "player comparison" for players, but I dont think there's a staff comparison, and sometimes I want to look at more than just stats, it's just a lot more convenient if I could have tabs.

More than that, I'd love if I could have proper support for dual monitors, let us have these tabs across different screens even, so I could drag one and have it on my second monitor, like a seperate window.

There's many ways it could be easier on us to navigate FM, I think these two things would help me a lot, and for the "don't want it" people, well, it's highly possible to make it an option and not a neccesity.

Archived