world cup scouts my fm players

2 players in the world cup that has grabbed my attention so far that i didn't even know excisted in football despite playing FM for years. Mesut Ozil and Eijero Elia, i really enjoyed watching both players. if these players were English they would be claimed to be best in world.. IMO they certainly make so called big english players look standerd..

Has any players in the World cup made you look them up on FM..?

Gourcuff? He was poor in the Uruguay match, much like the French team as a whole.

I only noticed he did one FK in the whole game, and it was one of them 'did he mean it, was it a cross' type of FK's. ;)

Other than that, I wasn't impressed. Played much better in Ligue 1.

As I understood, there is a huge rift in the French Squad, with Anelka and some other forward player refusing to pass the ball too Gourcuff. (And the problems with Gallas, and the others)

Could be the reason why Gourcuff didn't play well for the NT, and France in general, when the other players refuse to pass the ball to the playmaker.

have to admit, i did just search Tae-Se Jong after that performance against Brazil. didnt come up on my Man City save, so i'll have to try my International one that has more players loaded.

but what about that Robinho lad, he's a bit skillful on the ball isnt he? wonder how good he is on FM

Tshabalala.

What about the N.Korean, Jong? Wonder how he's rated on FM aha.

Searched and couldn't find Joe :(

Was the first thing I did!

May need NK leagues loaded...

I can`t believe someone who`s into football and plays FM hasn`t heard of these players... :)

Maybe I`m just watching too much football from all around the world, but still... Can`t imagine not knowing Ozil? Seeing Gourcuff for the first time? Come on, CL football!

I only noticed he did one FK in the whole game, and it was one of them 'did he mean it, was it a cross' type of FK's. ;)

Other than that, I wasn't impressed. Played much better in Ligue 1.

As Hopey pointed out though, all the French were rubbish. Unsurprisingly. Domenech is mental and they have the master of dressing room unrest in their midst, Gallas.

Was commentating on the Nigeria game on OTF Radio with ssestig.

Was amazed by Vincent Enyeama. Lionel tested him, 3/4/5 times with really good efforts, he dealt with them comfortably. Even pulling off a wrong handed save, probably just for the cameras ;)

VINCENT FTW

Being a keeper my self. :D The 'wrong handed save' wasn't actually wrong handed. ;) It's far more easier to reach the ball if you use you hand which is furthest away if you attempt a save like that. :D

I was well disappointed I couldnt find either Jong the NK player or Tshabalala on my game, so I bought a South African regen to cheer myself up. Couldnt even find a North Korean regen, very disappointing!

2 players in the world cup that has grabbed my attention so far that i didn't even know excisted in football despite playing FM for years. Mesut Ozil and Eijero Elia' date=' i really enjoyed watching both players. if these players were English they would be claimed to be best in world.. IMO they certainly make so called big english players look standerd..

Has any players in the World cup made you look them up on FM..?[/quote']

I only found out about Ozil on a 5Live program last week, they were talking about who to look out for in the World Cup, and one guy recommended him. Scribbled his name down as I'd never heard of him. :D

And I was impressed by Elia too. Had never heard of him either until the Holland game.

You're right, football is more important than life. Ozil is my new god.

To be fair, Ozil has been pretty good on FM for the last 3 years, so you can quit the sarcasm! Just because you had never heard of him before doesnt mean we are all pedantic because we have!

Being a keeper my self. :D The 'wrong handed save' wasn't actually wrong handed. ;) It's far more easier to reach the ball if you use you hand which is furthest away if you attempt a save like that. :D

I'm also a goal keeper :D, but I think going for the hand closest, e.g - Left corner/left hand. Right corner/right hand - - Is probably the safest option, but yeah, there are times when you need to pop out a save with the opposite.

Archived