Funny Teams in divisions?

I'm in the 2022/2023 season, and there are many prem teams outside the premiership. Portsmouth, Stoke and Bolton are in League One and Wigan are in League Two after getting promoted from the Blue Sqaure Premier.

Would post screenshots but it takes time. may do some time in the future.

I'm in 2014. Interesting are Luton and Wrexham in League 1 and Bradford in Championship. Southampton and Notts Co in Premiership as well, but the first have a tycoon owner and I'm managing the second ;)

Darlington in either Blue Square South or North.

In the season 2020/21:

No funny teams in the Premiership for me

Northampton, Notts County, Walsall, Leyton Orient, Rotherham, Oldham, Huddersfield and Fleetwood Town in the Championship (I am playing as Fleetwood)

nothing really interesting in League 1.. apart from Blackburn Rovers sitting 24th

Nothing too interesting from league two either

Wigan have plummeted on my long term save too.

No surprise teams have come up, some of the 'sleeping giants' like Leeds, the Sheffield clubs etc have come back up but no fairytale story.

Ipswich, Leicester & Palace all in the EPL in my game (2038)

Chelsea, Bolton, Blackburn & Wigan in the CCC.

Fulham got relegated to League 1 a few seasons back, never to be seen again (I'm only running EPL and CC from England).

had a save where liverpool ended up in league 2 along with bolton, wigan and stoke. chelsea were in the championship with blackburn and yeovil and crewe made it to the premiership...other than that not much happened...no screenies as i deleted the save months ago

Hull are in League 1, but have just gained automatic promotion back up. Derby are a yo-yo club between Championship and League 1, as is West Brom. Southampton have secured promotion to the Premier League, and Leeds are putting up a case for promotion, same with Millwall and Swansea. Man Utd are in Premier League mid-table obscurity, and the top 4 are generally the same every year. All this in 2014 :).

Played through to 2034/35 on FM09, Bradford, Millwall & Cambridge Utd are in the Prem.:eek:

Man U are a yo-yo team between prem & championship.:p

Wigan are bottom of League 2 having gone bust.:(

Plymouth & Northampton challenging for BSP title.:o

No weirdo's is the EPL

Huddersfield going for promotion in the championship

Rotherham also in this league

Luton and Rushden and diamonds have reached L1 (the latter managed by me for the first three seasons so kind of unfair) both got promoted together from BSP year one and from L2 year 2 (with Rushden winning the league)

Portsmouth are also in this league

Crystal Palace currently top league 2

with Swansea 5th

Morecambe are the only other strange one currently arse end of the blue square north.

My game in 2024 has Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers and Tranmere in the the BSN/S leagues. Portsmouth, Bolton and Wigan are in League One, Burnley managed 2nd in the EPL last season but are back down to the bottom half this season. Those are the most obvious ones from a quick look around England, but most of the poorly supported Premier League clubs have dropped down at least one league.

I'm not sure about the rest of Europe/World. I know that Banfield and Velez in Argentina have been taken over and are paying massive wages and hoovering up talent. The rest of the leagues I am running there are no obvious changes, but I don't know that much about the lesser teams outside of the UK leagues.

Not much in my current game happening in England, but Scotland is interesting.

Have made the SPL an 18 team league, and last few winners have been

2013 Hearts - Rangers - Celtic

2014 Rangers - Hearts - St Mirren

2015 Hibernian - St Mirren - Celtic

2016 Falkirk - Celtic - St Mirren

To be fair though, St Mirren have been taken over by a tycoon, but Hibs and Falkirk have not.

Liverpool getting relegated to Championship and not going back (CM 03-04... almost happens again in FM2010)

Derby fighting against relegation... to Blue Square Premier (FM2008)

Oldham getting promoted from Blue Square Premier to League One in two seasons but getting relegated in the same way (FM2008)

Torquay getting continuous relegations from League One to Blue Square South (FM2010)

Charlton Athletic getting relegated to League Two but getting back to Championship quickly (FM2010)

Realizing that there is a club named Vauxhall Motors (FM2010)

I may add the fact that I have All Boys in Primera División in Argentina, but since they are very close to playoff matches in Nacional B IRL, I don't think it's so rare

I'm in 2036/37

Notts county reached the prem (but with the money on the original database)

Wrexham and Oxford are in the championship

Eastleigh are in L1

Blackpool spent 8 seasons in BSN and look like going back again

Archived