Newcastle striking back too quickly?

Does anybody else think they overachieve? And really quickly? Every game i've done they've come back up straight away(not surprising) but they then seem to instantly qualify for europe in their first season and therefore within 2 seasons they are an established club because of their fan base(which brings money in). Now i'm not saying that they wouldn't do this after 5 seasons(?) in real life but it just seems its a bit easy for them? I once saw them sign Palacios from Spurs in the second season once Newcastle were promoted which seems ludicrous to me when Spurs finished in the top 4! I don't see him ever dropping to a lower level unless he had a massive crash in rep like Ronaldinho! I'm also currently into the second season of a new save and they are now challenging for the title in Dec/Jan! Thats just a couple of my examples of them, i can't remember them all. So just wondering if its just my experience or if its the same for everybody else? So...

Anybody seen Newcastle not get promoted in the first season?

Anybody seen them get relegated straight away after being promoted?

Anyone seen them signing players above what they should be?

Any other experiences you've had :)

Seen them be abit of a yo-yo club in a few of my games. In all honesty the club is set up ok to succeed what with the stadium in place and being able to more or less fill it every week. They also have decent players for the Prem so are more equipt to survive the first season and spend any money on strengthening. We'll see next season how realistic it is.

Seen them in the championship after 5 seasons once....I suppose I'm probably to blame for that for selling most their strongest players in the first season, trying to build a better team, failing horribly, getting sacked and then watching them struggle. Oops..

I wouldn't be surprised to seem them qualify for europe in a few seasons.Just look at Fulham. They just need to keep a steady ship and aim for the progress Birmingham have made. With the infrastructure they have at the club theres no reason they wont be a decent team again. Especially if they eventually get rid of mike ashley.

I only ever play as Newcastle so I cant answer the questions. However, I can testify that it is not too hard to get back into it once promoted as the funds are normally there (once Ashley leaves) and there a few decent players already at the club. I normally finish between 4th and 7th in my 1st season back in the prem. I still havent managed to win the premiership yet though and keep finishing 2nd (in my current save I finished 4th then 2nd and 2nd again)

Iam playing with Newcastle on FM09 Weggie update and I finished 4th in the championship, won playoff. First season in PL, finished 9th. Only just started 3rd season.

What i'am suprised with is the players you can i sign. In my second season i've signed Ashavin, Felliani, Mathias fernandez and ochoa

in my game they have never came out of the championship making the play-offs twice and went into administration in 2012.. just looking at there squad they have no more then 14 players in total.3 players on loan to them.

coloccini playing CM and 5 DC in the squad,one regen GK.... Despite all this they are 4th in march :p

I'm in my third season and they only came back up to the premiership this season via playoffs, I'm now into febuary in the season and they are second from bottom and look destined for the drop. (hopefully this will be the case in real life next season to!)

Wow 2nd in Premier League their first season back up! That is a little excessive....

That's just their highest position over the course of the season. That might as well have been after the first matchday and says nothing about where they actually finished.

In my first save I actually played them myself, so that doesn't count but now in my second save they were promoted immediately, went down again 3 years later and are now back up again in year 5.

Archived