sergio aguero

hi,

am just starting a new game and i want the added realism of a) aguero not coming to a club like aston villa and b) chelsea and inter and the big guns coming in for him.

i've made him a favoured player of both inter and chelsea, AND their managers, given both clubs large enough transfer budgets to afford him and STILL there's no interest. anything else i can do?

neil

i guess i want realism. nobody bids for him which is unrealistic. he's stated in the press recently that chelsea would be his preferred destination. as it is, paying in installments and offering huge wages and a signing on bonus i can bring him to villa though i dont want to be able cos in the real world he wouldnt go to a club not already challenging for top honours - he's been quoted as saying he wouldnt join man city for those reasons. i know that inter and chelsea are likely to bid for him in the summer so i wanted that reflected in my new game

You want realism, and yet you cheat to give clubs money to buy a player? The game cannot reflect 100% realistic accuracy in the transfer markets. Don't believe everything the Sun tells you, either. They make up so many of their transfer stories, it's unreal. They do it to sell papers.

You want realism, and yet you cheat to give clubs money to buy a player? The game cannot reflect 100% realistic accuracy in the transfer markets. Don't believe everything the Sun tells you, either. They make up so many of their transfer stories, it's unreal. They do it to sell papers.

that's a bit harsh.i wouldnt call it cheating to give the moneybags teams a large transfer kitty. i just dont want the opportunity to buy him myself cos i reckon in the real world a team like villa would never seem attractive to a player like aguero

Not just that.

They need fill spaces as well, if one day nothing happends in the transfer market. They might dig out an old story or just make one up that sounds 'realistic'.

LOL! As long as one cheats, there is no such thing as realism! :D

I gave Aguero a liking of Chelsea (10 out of a possible 100) so that he would potentially move there if given the chance... Like the guys are saying about the media, i seem to remember reading sunderland were going to make a move for Italian youngster Mascio, who doesn't even exist, and features on FM09... Shows how much they know!

I think the game is pretty accurate as it is right now since Chelsea nor Inter have made bids IRL. Sure, he has been linked with Chelsea, but there has been no formal bid made, nor do I even remember Ancelotti declaring his interest in the player.

If there is another patch after the transfer market and there has been a significant amount of interest shown from either club I'm sure SI will make changes in the game accordingly.

I can see Aguero going to Real Madrid this summer, similar to how Figo joined them from Barcelona.

He has already said he will never play for Real Madrid. Well IIRC he said he will never play for any team which begins with "R", meaning Real Madrid.

going back to the cheat bit, NepentheZ, i think that was unfair. yes i tweak the database based upon current events and in my opinion the biggest teams arent given a substantial enough transfer budget to start, especially the likes of man city. remember, we all love and play the game different ways as is our perogative i dont think you should be labelling as a cheat anyone that plays it differently to you, no matter how many posts you have. SI gave us the editor so that we could edit any substantial moves or add what we class as realism to our own games. i know for a fact that Aguero wouldnt touch aston villa and i want this represented in my game. it makes it harder for me but i find this realistic. there, i've said my piece:)

going back to the cheat bit, NepentheZ, i think that was unfair. yes i tweak the database based upon current events and in my opinion the biggest teams arent given a substantial enough transfer budget to start, especially the likes of man city. remember, we all love and play the game different ways as is our perogative i dont think you should be labelling as a cheat anyone that plays it differently to you, no matter how many posts you have. SI gave us the editor so that we could edit any substantial moves or add what we class as realism to our own games. i know for a fact that Aguero wouldnt touch aston villa and i want this represented in my game. it makes it harder for me but i find this realistic. there, i've said my piece:)

I don't understand what my post count has to do with anything here. I'm not saying I'm right, and the proof is the fact I have more posts, am I? All I'm saying is this : You wanted the game to be more realistic, and so you cheated to do that. You're just completely contradicting yourself. Like, 100%. You can claim you play it how you want, and yeah, I'm all for that, but here in lies my point; You have altered the database to make managers and clubs favor a player, which in real life, they very well don't. You've also changed transfer budgets for these clubs to be able to afford a player, even though, in real life, you aren't aware of the exact figures they have to spend. You have absolutely no idea what's going through Aguero's mind at this point in time, so you can not state who he would play for in the future. He may well go to Chelsea or Inter, he may go to Barce, Real Madrid, possibly even Liverpool. (Seems like a perfect club for him, imo). Chances are he wont go to Villa, correct. They currently don't have the finances to attract a player like that. But never say never. No one ever thought Robinho would end up at Man City, no one ever thought Tevez and Mascherano would EVER go to West Ham, but strange things happen in football. You're trying so desperately hard to replicate this 1 single transfer in the game to be "realistic" - when, in reality, you have no idea who he'll sign for, or even if he'll leave the club. I ask, why don't you change other things in the database to replicate ALL realism, why is it JUST this one player. Which brings me back to my original post, and original point, that, you're trying to force 1 player to a choice of 2 teams, and to get to this conclusion, you've altered the originality of the game. (In my perspective, you've cheated, although what you've done can be seen from many different views).

Again, play the game as you wish, I really REALLY don't care. But please don't look for realism with 1 aspect of the game, while completely taking it away with another. It's just completely contradictory.

Finally, I'll add this. If you know in real life Aguero wont come to Aston Villa, and you're the manager of Aston Villa, and you want realism... then just don't bid for him. Problem solved.

i just dont see it as cheating to make the game harder by upping the transfer budgets of the big teams, who WILL spend that kind of money.

i dont WANT to bid for aguero, at least i dont want him to accept villa, so i'm trying ways to get him to sign for a big club which, in all likelihood he will.

this to me adds realism and if i need to tweak the db a little to get him moving to a big club then that adds something to the game i'm playing. as it stands i can offer him the earth and he'll come and i dont like that, that's all.

just think it was wrong calling me a cheat. i dont care where he goes but i want him to go somewhere and i want the moneybags teams to be buying up all the best players as they would - doesnt have to be chelsea or inter but i want the big boys to come in for aguero. by 2011 this issue will be sorted anyway and normally i take what comes but i wanted to make it impossible for me to buy aguero as villa manager.

though you had some valid points i just, obviously, didnt like the cheat bit. we all play the game our own ways and i dont like cheating to make it easier for myself though i will without qualms amend the db if i think my particular game can be enhanced for realism, as i see it.

I'm not sure if cheat was the right word either, but I do believe there is an easier way to fix this and it has been mentioned before: don't bid for him. Aston Villa wouldn't bid for him, and if they could offer him the Earth and he would come IRL I doubt they would since his wages would surely take a big chunk out of their finances. I don't believe adjusting the bigger international clubs to bid for him makes it any more realistic either because, as also stated before, no one knows if Aguero is even going to go anywhere this summer! In my opinion these "realistic" changes are being made on events that aren't concrete at all, at this point anyway.

Edit: Thrustking56 is spot on in regards to the budgets. They are very accurate because they have already used a majority or great deal of their initial budget on players. This is why Man. City usually get a transfer budget in the range of £120mil or so in the second season, along with most of the other big clubs' budgets being bolstered as well.

Why are you trying to force 1 player to one of two teams? How about leave him at Atletico, and let the man move where he wants, when bids come in for him.

First of all, it has nothing to do with you how he plays his game, and secondly, if you are just going to attack peoples threads and not give legitimate answers to perfectly reasonable questions then just don't post as it is called trolling.

On topic, the manager AI is not very good and big teams signing crap players seems to be the norm for long term games. Not much you can do about it apart from actually making yourself manager for the teams and signing him yourself.

First of all, it has nothing to do with you how he plays his game, and secondly, if you are just going to attack peoples threads and not give legitimate answers to perfectly reasonable questions then just don't post as it is called trolling.

On topic, the manager AI is not very good and big teams signing crap players seems to be the norm for long term games. Not much you can do about it apart from actually making yourself manager for the teams and signing him yourself.

Pot, Kettle, Black. I mean seriously.....

fwiw, I asked him a genuine question about why he was trying to force 1 player to 2 clubs, and asked him why he doesn't just leave the player at the club where he currently plays. I don't see how that's trolling. I've also not once, NOT ONCE, told him that he's playing the game wrong. I've just questioned why he's doing what he's doing. Basically, I'm having a General Discussion with him. Perhaps I missed the boat on the but at the top of the board that says "General Discussion" but means something else? I don't know, you tell me, you seem to be the man around town. So, why don't you get off that horse, because you've no right to throw a personal attack towards me, just because I questioned the guy. Wow.

ok guys:) lots here since i last saw the thread. no offence taken re. the cheating bit, really, i just dont see making the game harder being cheating, there must be another word. and some people like making the game easier, that;s up to them.

yep it's hard playing 2010 so close to the end of the season where there;s going to be a flurry of activity and i accept the larger teams will get a bigger budget in the next season but i want them challenging ME to sign the best players as it is i can play villa with a quite reasonable budget and buy aguero which i wouldnt be able to in real life.

i guess i'd like the game to allow huge budgets first time round but this, too, would be unrealistic - as has been rightly pointed out they HAVE already spent them on players in the db.

so it's a tough one.... and i think i've learned something........

Why are you trying to force 1 player to one of two teams? How about leave him at Atletico, and let the man move where he wants, when bids come in for him.

Hmmm, I think you seem to be implying how he should play the game, which in turn tells me that you're saying he is playing the game wrong, right?

I was merely pointing out that you're out of order, whilst on the same post giving the OP a perfectly legitimate answer. I did not post once to have a go at the way somebody plays the game, there is a considerable difference.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread with petty arguments but I felt you should learn the difference between our posts and why you could be considered to be trolling.

Hope this helps you. :thup:

It doesn't help, as I wasn't trolling. I wasn't implying how he should play the game. Perhaps you should read through the thread. Or even the post, again. It's quite obvious they are questions, and not implications. I'm sorry if you can't tell the difference. I don't really know where you get off, though. You're telling me, that I don't have the right to tell him how to play his game. Well, in that same breath, what on earth gives you the right to tell me what I can, and can't post? It really doesn't phase me if you think I was trolling, because it's obvious to the masses that I wasn't, and was genuinely asking the OP some questions, and then it broke out into a discussion. (Oh no.! not a discussion..!!) You make me laugh..... your posts are so ironic it's unreal.

I don't see the point in what you are doing but it is your game. If you leave it as it is Aguero doesn't usually move unless the user buys him, must have a high loyalty stat as he never seems to want a move to a bigger club. I do think it is strange that you want to force a player to move to a big club.

It's pretty naive to come into someone else's thread, call them a cheat and expect no-one to pull you up on it.

Everyone needs to calm down. Nepenthez was purely pointing out the irony (some of you may need to look that up) of the op, to achieve what he thinks is realistic he has unrealistically altered things. As it's his game he is of course welcome to do so, but he has no grounds to complain about an unrealistic scenario.

There is no way Nepenthez post could ever be classed as trolling. Have a look around these forums and you will see plenty of bona fide trolling, that was not it.

one of my mates bought him when he was managing Arsenal. think it was the 4th season and paid about £70m with no cheating - so it is possible.

His release clause means anyone with decent funds can buy him. No cheating required, but then that wasn't the point of the op anyway.

Archived