14year old want's 53k

14 year old newgen want's 53k a week and a key player roll in the team to join Liverpool from Frankfurt. Must be a bug, right? He really isn't that good.

I thought SI had sorted this out? or was this never classed as a problem or worthy of a fix?

Consider that certain young players (18-19) are on the same sort of money, it doesn't seem that unbelievable, especially if he has an incredibly high PA. Of course, it's a risky move to take...if he hits 17 and doesn't already look like a world beater, 50k will be a huge and pointless money sink.

14 year old newgen want's 53k a week and a key player roll in the team to join Liverpool from Frankfurt. Must be a bug, right? He really isn't that good.

I thought SI had sorted this out? or was this never classed as a problem or worthy of a fix?

I just take it as an indication that he doesn't really want to leave his current club and move on to one who does, i.e. has realistic wage demands.

I would suggest reporting this as a bug. A 14 year old should never be asking for that much. It's bad enough that 17/18 year olds do but for a 14 year old to be asking for that much is a little silly.

I would suggest reporting this as a bug. A 14 year old should never be asking for that much. It's bad enough that 17/18 year olds do but for a 14 year old to be asking for that much is a little silly.

He would probably take alot less i just signed a 20 year old regen from barca who's a continental wonderkid who was askin for 120k a week and he ended up signing a contract for 50k

without ss we cannot comment on that. and why? if he is worth it, he should get it

We?

Can't take a screen shot as I obviously turned him down and continued, but maybe if I offer again the same thing will happen. I'll load it up later and try.

What's his loyalty and how potentially good is he?

For the record, he isn't any where near good enough to warrant 53k and a key role in the team, but what 14 year old is?

I have no idea what his loyalty is as I'm not using FMRTE, but no matter what his loyalty is, it's still ridiculous.

I am curious if the AI is capable of making these sort of choices, is a player able to decide that he doesn't want to join the club, so he asks for astronomical wages to put off the bidding club? Surely if he doesn't want to join he will just say he isn't interested, does anybody know for sure?

Thats madness, but i guess he just doesnt like your club.
I just take it as an indication that he doesn't really want to leave his current club and move on to one who does, i.e. has realistic wage demands.

For the love of ... Why not get it working realistically instead of putting us "imagining" things?

I'll ask again as the question will go missing in the thread after screen shots.

I am curious if the AI is capable of making these sort of choices, is a player able to decide that he doesn't want to join the club, so he asks for astronomical wages to put off the bidding club? Surely if he doesn't want to join he will just say he isn't interested. Does anybody know for sure?

I'll ask again as the question will go missing in the thread after screen shots.

I am curious if the AI is capable of making these sort of choices, is a player able to decide that he doesn't want to join the club, so he asks for astronomical wages to put off the bidding club? Surely if he doesn't want to join he will just say he isn't interested, does anybody know for sure?

The regen I posted a ss of doesn't have his current club listed as a favorite, and usually when I scout someone who isn't interested in joining it says so in the report.

Even if he's got incredible stats I still think that this is far too much to pay in wages for someone that age. I'm pretty sure that since he's under 16 he wont even be able to play for the first team so its someone who should be avoided I think. Definitely a bug that should be reported.

I've had a 15 year old from Cottbuss reject my offer because he wants a "role that reflects his status"... Your a 15 year old uncapped German kid and you think that backup at Arsenal is beneath you? On your bike mate...

You gotta love those kinda people eh? I'm sure its realistic, a 14 year old asking for 53k, i'm sure!

Where did I say it was realistic?

You spend the next 20 years worrying and posting that not every single scenario in a computer game is 100% realistic (and never will be), and I'll come up with a rationalisation to explain it in my own game and move on, enjoying the game as a whole without getting frustrated over peripheral details. Oh look, there's a brilliant regen who wants £2k per week when I'd pay him five times that...

Where did I say it was realistic?

You spend the next 20 years worrying and posting that not every single scenario in a computer game is 100% realistic (and never will be), and I'll come up with a rationalisation to explain it in my own game and move on, enjoying the game as a whole without getting frustrated over peripheral details. Oh look, there's a brilliant regen who wants £2k per week when I'd pay him five times that...

That's fair enough, if that helps your enjoyment of the game.

I would however, still like to know if the AI is smart enough to come up with certain scenarios on it's own, i.e. Can a player really decided he doesn't want to join a club so he asks for ridiculous wages so it puts the approaching manager/team off?

An official answer would be nice, or an answer from somebody that knows for sure.

That's fair enough, if that helps your enjoyment of the game.

I would however, still like to know if the AI is smart enough to come up with certain scenarios on it's own, i.e. Can a player really decided he doesn't want to join a club so he asks for ridiculous wages so it puts the approaching manager/team off?

An official answer would be nice, or an answer from somebody that knows for sure.

I think it's come up before that players and coaches will ask for big money if they don't particularly want to sign for you - kind of like when a coach says "it would take a massive offer for him to consider agreeing terms", etc etc. It's not a black and white point, a player may really be lukewarm about the move, but if you make it worth his while... To really get to the bottom of this one, what does a scout report say? Does it say the player is "extremely interested", or something less enthusiastic than that? What does the scout suggest paying him?

Redmark- look at my screenshots, I doubt the OP's scenario is much different than the one I posted.

Ok - "would be interested", not "would be extremely interested". He's not fussed. Make it worth his while, or he'll stay where he is. He's not bothered.

To be honest, it's already probably a bit too easy to poach a large number of talented newgens from around the world. Perhaps a few more of them should just say "not interested", but I really don't think it's a huge problem if a few of them - or their money grabbing parents and agents - demand superstar wages to move. It's actually not even entirely unrealistic - for instance, at 19 Daniel Sturridge wanted a reported £65k per week to stay at City after scoring a handful of goals and believing the hype that he was the best young striker prospect in Europe. What's he done for Chelsea so far?

edit: yes, there's a difference between a 14 year old and a 19 year old. If anything, I think the problem is that the 14-16 year old newgens enter the game too well developed.

Don't forget that 14-16 year old's still need to go to school, maybe he asks so much because he will have to hire a private teacher.

He might also calculate that by moving away from his hometown he might not get a diploma, so asking for high wages insures his future.

I'm pretty sure that if you was managing a German team instead of Liverpool his demands wouldn't be so high.

Don't forget that 14-16 year old's still need to go to school, maybe he asks so much because he will have to hire a private teacher.

He might also calculate that by moving away from his hometown he might not get a diploma, so asking for high wages insures his future.

I'm pretty sure that if you was managing a German team instead of Liverpool his demands wouldn't be so high.

It's quite funny how people can come up with all sorts of reasons to justify flaws in the game. :D

I've had ridiculous demands from regens that play in Italy already when managing an Italian club so the moving abroad issue doesn't have an effect it seems.

I wouldn't call this a bug but I think it is just a flaw the way the engine works. No 14 year old would ever realistically ask for 50K+ a week and a first team role IRL. The fact that once these players sign a professional contract at 17 they ask for much more realistic wages shows this is a flaw in the engine. And often the players squad status is more important once professional but they still want far less wages.

If there is another patch this really needs to be addressed.

Archived