How old until you retire?

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

hahaha its stupid . every game should be unique they shoud just choose when you die its over like one time might be 76 another 81 etc etc be more realistic

How would you feel, if you just "died" - mid way through a season, because the game decided? I think it's very rare people get the managers to that age, anyway, so there really isn't an issue. The age cap is not 100 either. It's round abouts there, but I'm almost certain it's not 100

i would peer that at least its realistic. they shouldnt allow you to manager past say 75. thats still 50 years to do what you need to do..

i would peer that at least its realistic. they shouldnt allow you to manager past say 75. thats still 50 years to do what you need to do..

I suggest if you expect total realism, that you simply don't play the game. Because lets face it, how realistic is it that you would be a manager in the first place?

I think once we hit 75ish, we should get a 'in-game' bus pass, which means the club no longer has to pay for the coach to games. (Which free's up some money a week).

Please, don't take this seriously!

I would laugh if I just suddenly died in the middle of a season

I can see the headlines now:

"Legendary Betis and former Turkey manager Brian Shanahan died on his way to hospital last night. He was found by Demetrious Scandalura in bed with his wife the 20 year old super-model Nastashia Farangennia. Mr. Scandalura proceeded to shoot Mr. Shanahan in a fit of jealous rage which lead to Mr. Shanahan dieing of blood loss in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Mr. Shanahan was 82."

And the funeral:

"30,000 people turned up in Limerick today to witness the spreading of the ashes of Brian Shanahan on the River Shannon. The legendary manager who won 26 league titles, and 7 European cups with his club Real Betis, and 4 World Cups and 6 European Chamionships died last Friday in an altercation with a cuckolded husband.

Further memeorial services were held at the Manuel Ruiz de Lopera stadium in Betis and at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. In honour of his achievements for the club Betis have decided to rename their stadium Estadio del monumento de Brian Shanahan"

I would love to see it (p.s. all the titles are as yet fictional).

I can see the headlines now:

"Legendary Betis and former Turkey manager Brian Shanahan died on his way to hospital last night. He was found by Demetrious Scandalura in bed with his wife the 20 year old super-model Nastashia Farangennia. Mr. Scandalura proceeded to shoot Mr. Shanahan in a fit of jealous rage which lead to Mr. Shanahan dieing of blood loss in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Mr. Shanahan was 82."

And the funeral:

"30,000 people turned up in Limerick today to witness the spreading of the ashes of Brian Shanahan on the River Shannon. The legendary manager who won 26 league titles, and 7 European cups with his club Real Betis, and 4 World Cups and 6 European Chamionships died last Friday in an altercation with a cuckolded husband.

Further memeorial services were held at the Manuel Ruiz de Lopera stadium in Betis and at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. In honour of his achievements for the club Betis have decided to rename their stadium Estadio del monumento de Brian Shanahan"

I would love to see it (p.s. all the titles are as yet fictional).

Genius :thup:

It would be just terrible to log on and find out that you had just died.

"What? WHAT THE ****?! I'M DEAD? I SPENT 20 SEASONS ON THAT SAVE!"

And then the uproar on GD after it happends :rolleyes:

And then the uproar on GD after it happends :rolleyes:

I can see it now. Worst bug ever, most unrealistic game ever! I had just played my 120th season and I died!! Damn SI, you should burn, you are not fit to lick eidos boots.

Is that how it would go Ty? ;)

I think it would be cool if you started at say 30 years old then when you get to 50, they ask you if you want to be a chairman cos you have so much money, and you can say, yh or no. Would be well cool.

It's called football manager, not club manager.

I can see it now. Worst bug ever, most unrealistic game ever! I had just played my 120th season and I died!! Damn SI, you should burn, you are not fit to lick eidos boots.

Is that how it would go Ty? ;)

It would go nothing like that :rolleyes:..

... because the spelling and grammar in that sentence was too good :p!

I think it would be cool if you started at say 30 years old then when you get to 50, they ask you if you want to be a chairman cos you have so much money, and you can say, yh or no. Would be well cool.

oh god not this again :mad::thdn:

You could just quit and reload. That's what I do whenever I die.

Last week my son's dog, Bugle, got hit by a truck and he says "Mummy, mummy, where's the reset button?". Kids these days, they think life is a game. Well, it's not a game. It's very, very serious... Life does not have a reset button.

How would you feel, if you just "died" - mid way through a season, because the game decided? I think it's very rare people get the managers to that age, anyway, so there really isn't an issue. The age cap is not 100 either. It's round abouts there, but I'm almost certain it's not 100

i wouldnt matter if you died can just make another person

You cannot, the screen just goes all black and the game isn't playable anymore.

Surely it's linked to the situation meaning that player deaths aren't included. I think that what the OP means (in a better sense) is that the game age shouldn't stop at 100. Mind you, you would get fairly ridiculous manager ages if that were the case, though surely any manager over 70 is a bit unrealistic these days. Even Alex Ferguson isn't going to struggle to get there.

maybe even include some multiple endings depending on how much the media love you.

if they hate you then theres barely any coverage of your memorial service and funeral but if they loved you theres farewell messages sent in from individual reporters and tv images of your best moments then you end up on This is Your Life and theres a book released the Life and Times of "insert managers name here" and even a movie made about your greatest achievements starring a 50+ year old megan fox as your wife/girlfriend :D and michael cera as "insert managers name here".

A man can dream

You could always make a new manager if you are 80+ years, and let the old one retire, continueing the save with the new manager.

Anyway, as you age, the club you are hired in should be able to fire you on "Thinking your old age and health is effecting your judgement and they believe it is best to have you go".

You could always make a new manager if you are 80+ years, and let the old one retire, continueing the save with the new manager.

Anyway, as you age, the club you are hired in should be able to fire you on "Thinking your old age and health is effecting your judgement and they believe it is best to have you go".

Then you can sue them for age discrimination

If you died, in the same manner as if you retire, and create someone new, all your stats are gone. (Manager stats, that is). I'm very big on keeping the stats.... so it would pee me off no end.

Archived