Fix this in FM11

Ok.. I'm really frustrated right now. Because after trying anything I could possibly do in this world this bug is destroying it.

Situation: A youngster in crappy team. I'm not a top club either but I can offer much more. He is a bright prospect (at least for my level) so I really want to sign him.

Action: I ENQUIRE how much they want. They reply - I ACCEPT. Naturally I get to offer a contract, I do that and wait. Noone else is bidding too.

Result: Player X accepts Y's offer. Y being his own club. He renews his contract.

At this point I say ok, maybe I wasn't tempting him enough. I ENQUIRE again, offer him a new contract, he signs a new one with his club. I decide to go crazy offer him KEY position in the team, highest wages.. no. He renews.

:eek: I left that player be. But now a few months later there's another one I want and the same thing happens. This time other clubs race for his signature too. But no he renews all the time. Even when I constantly spammed him to get myself on his fovourite staff list it did NOT help.

For ****'s sake if the AI is unwilling to sell I'd understand it! But I do play on their terms, why do they keep offering him a new contract if they are met with their demands?

Stupid, dumb and utterly illogical.

:thdn:

It's not stupid, dumb or illogical. What do you do when the AI offers a contract to your bright young prospects? Probably offer a new contract to keep them, no?

I imagine he wouldn't listen to their offer in the first place? The OP is talking about when they negotiate a price, indicating that they want to sell him. Then they offer him a contract, indicating that they do not want to let him go

I imagine he wouldn't listen to their offer in the first place? The OP is talking about when they negotiate a price, indicating that they want to sell him. Then they offer him a contract, indicating that they do not want to let him go

Which happens constantly in real life.

See Wayne Rooneys transfer from Everton to Manchester United for details!

Blindly defending it won't make it right. It can happen 1000 times in a row no matter what you offer. Or you want to tell me that a player would like to take 230 per week when he can get 40,000 a week in one of the best clubs in the world? He would reject that for what? In game terms his club ain't his favourite even.

So don't try to defend this bug with random examples from real life. It probably can happen.. but in the end of the day Rooney's in Man Utd. and you would be able to lure the player in question with a higher contract anyway. Not in FM.

Yeah please if you are going to respond in any meaningful way at least do the minimum effort of reading the whole post and understanding it.

Wow, that is pretty patronising.

Okay, perhaps the AI club notices in the transfer offer screen that the player says he wants to be able to discuss terms with your team, so in a bid to keep said player happy they come up with an acceptable value, then they offer their own contract and hope it's better than yours. Because if they just reject straight away then said player may be unhappy at the AI for rejecting the offer, and far less likely to accept the AI contract offer.

Blindly defending it won't make it right. It can happen 1000 times in a row no matter what you offer. Or you want to tell me that a player would like to take 230 per week when he can get 40,000 a week in one of the best clubs in the world? He would reject that for what? In game terms his club ain't his favourite even.

So don't try to defend this bug with random examples from real life. It probably can happen.. but in the end of the day Rooney's in Man Utd. and you would be able to lure the player in question with a higher contract anyway. Not in FM.

Blindly defending it? OK, more examples - Jon Obi Mikel was offered a contract but chose to move. Steven Gerrard was in advanced discussions with Chelsea but stayed at Liverpool. Manuel Fernandes basically joined Everton but was offered another late contract by Valencia and moved there. Three very different examples with differing outcomes but it all revolves around one concept.

It's called a contract and freedom of movement. It's not a bug.

It happens constantly even if you never hear about it. A club often accepts a bid and allows the player to talk to the club because since the Bosman ruling the power of contract has shifted from club to player. The club more often than not has no choice but to accept a solid bid if the player wants to listen to them.

If the selling club don't want to sell, it's fairly common for them to offer a contract extension to firm up the players status at the club if they want to stay.

It's not just football either. In business, you have "headhunters". A professional can be approached from anyone and everyone, but the company he works for can either accept a compensation package if he's poached and let him go quietly, or offer a counter-contract to keep him.

It's not unrealistic at all - it's annoying, yes, but not a bug. People are too quick to come on here yelling "BUG!" without thinking it through.

i have this with a goalkeeper regen im after who plays for Home Farm. 16 yr old. Offered contracts a plenty but he just keeps singing a youth contract with Home Farm. Im declaring interest and trying to unsettle him, then waiting till he is 17 so he can have a proper contract. He is a very good regen and im not losing out on him so being patient.

I wouldnt say its a bug. Just be persistent and patient. Im sure youll get your man. Just like I know ill get my regen keeper ;)

With the newgens coming in the youth system, I think there's an automatic "block" on most transfers because it's classed as just joining a new club, so the player is reluctant to move. I'd also assume it's a counter-mechanism to stop a human player picking up every single top newgen in the world as soon as they spawn.

i have this with a goalkeeper regen im after who plays for Home Farm. 16 yr old. Offered contracts a plenty but he just keeps singing a youth contract with Home Farm. Im declaring interest and trying to unsettle him, then waiting till he is 17 so he can have a proper contract. He is a very good regen and im not losing out on him so being patient.

I wouldnt say its a bug. Just be persistent and patient. Im sure youll get your man. Just like I know ill get my regen keeper ;)

It keeps happening to me with young Irish players as well. Like this 16 year old kid from St Pat's, he rejects £215,000 a week from me, he rejects a £10,000,000 sign on fee, £42,500, appearance bonus, yet he gratiously accepts his £325 a week at St Pat's.

With the newgens coming in the youth system, I think there's an automatic "block" on most transfers because it's classed as just joining a new club, so the player is reluctant to move. I'd also assume it's a counter-mechanism to stop a human player picking up every single top newgen in the world as soon as they spawn.

Now this is a good explanation tons ahead of the nonsense you wrote before about Gerrard and Obi Mikel. I'm sorry but these examples were really laughable. We are talking a 15-6 year old players in very very low divisions rejection teams at world level offering them the world + guaranteed football. And yes it happens on newgens only so that should be it. But it's still annoying and gamey way to prevent the player from picking too many good youngsters imho.

A lot of young players in the game tend to stay with their original clubs for a year or 2, as they do in real life, IRL the benefit is that they think they're more likely to gain first team experience and that they are settled with their current club and think they're too young to move. Not sure if/how this has been implemented in game but it is fairly realistic in some situations (Not all, just some).

Only "Big" clubs seem to be able to prise away youngsters, and I think you mentioned in the OP that you're not a "Big" or "Top" club?

With the whole club accepting the bid and offering the player a new contract thing, maybe they don't want to let him go but would be willing to for the right price, which is obviously the price they negotiated with you, so that way they can't lose, they either keep the player or get their desired value for him?

Now this is a good explanation tons ahead of the nonsense you wrote before about Gerrard and Obi Mikel. I'm sorry but these examples were really laughable. We are talking a 15-6 year old players in very very low divisions rejection teams at world level offering them the world + guaranteed football. And yes it happens on newgens only so that should be it. But it's still annoying and gamey way to prevent the player from picking too many good youngsters imho.

Both explanations amount to the same thing - an explanation of the mechanism in place, and a reason adopted from real life into the management simulation why the mechanism is in place.

A lot of young players in the game tend to stay with their original clubs for a year or 2, as they do in real life, IRL the benefit is that they think they're more likely to gain first team experience and that they are settled with their current club and think they're too young to move. Not sure if/how this has been implemented in game but it is fairly realistic in some situations (Not all, just some).

Only "Big" clubs seem to be able to prise away youngsters, and I think you mentioned in the OP that you're not a "Big" or "Top" club?

With the whole club accepting the bid and offering the player a new contract thing, maybe they don't want to let him go but would be willing to for the right price, which is obviously the price they negotiated with you, so that way they can't lose, they either keep the player or get their desired value for him?

What is a right price? Wouldn't that be the price you asked them for? After all I'm like - "Hello how much do you want for that guy?". It's not like I'm offering something they cant refuse. They give a price + 50% thats more than fair. The player has me in his fav. personnel and all but accepts their offer. As I said that's too gamey for me to believe. And yes I might not be a top world club but the same mechanism works for tope world clubs as well as eldeniro said.

Well I tried offering more money and etc. when I was Real Madrid, I'd consider them a big club. I mentioned the values I offered the player in terms of wages and bonuses and signing on fees. Now I used to play for Shelbourne under 18's, and they were better than St Pat's at the time and I don't know a single guy on that team who would've rejected any offer of that magnitude from Real Madrid. The money, the experience you would gain, etc. is all way too big to stay at a club like St. Pat's.

Both explanations amount to the same thing - an explanation of the mechanism in place, and a reason adopted from real life into the management simulation why the mechanism is in place.

Allright mr.vast football knowledge. I see you keep missing the point so let me offer you this - give me a real life examples for this:

- A player from Dumbomumbo South Africa in the age range of 15-7 rejects a move to Man United.

- Player from similar reputation club rejects a move to Man United 1257012 times in a row with an increased wage salary and key position in the team every time.

Please provide me with such examples and I shall agree with you and accept this as NOT a bug.

What is a right price? Wouldn't that be the price you asked them for? After all I'm like - "Hello how much do you want for that guy?". It's not like I'm offering something they cant refuse. They give a price + 50% thats more than fair. The player has me in his fav. personnel and all but accepts their offer. As I said that's too gamey for me to believe. And yes I might not be a top world club but the same mechanism works for tope world clubs as well as eldeniro said.

The right price is exactly what they have negotiated with you, whether that be you enquire, they declare a value and you accept it and go into contract negotiations or whether negotiations go on a bit longer? The right price is what they think the player is worth and the value that they will accept, which you are undoubtedbly offering. I didn't think there was anything unclear about that?

Well I tried offering more money and etc. when I was Real Madrid, I'd consider them a big club. I mentioned the values I offered the player in terms of wages and bonuses and signing on fees. Now I used to play for Shelbourne under 18's, and they were better than St Pat's at the time and I don't know a single guy on that team who would've rejected any offer of that magnitude from Real Madrid. The money, the experience you would gain, etc. is all way too big to stay at a club like St. Pat's.

I know what your saying, and I'm not saying I agree with the way this is implemented in game, it is something that could do with looking at. I'm just trying to provide an explanation as to why it happens and the real madrid thing is a really strange one as I know at least 99% of young players would jump at the chance to join them, but it is the case that some players won't leave their first clubs IRL until they feel the time is right, whether that be 16/17 or 19/20 years of age.

Maybe wait a season and try again, or try and arrange the transfer for a later date...ie end of the season.

As I said, I don't agree with it, but there are also some elements of realism to it, not with the frequency that it happens in game but that it does actually happen....

I can't believe there's an argument about this. It's clearly a problem in the game. There isn't any 16 year old at any Irish team who would reject a move to Real Madrid for that type of money. And fair enough it's only one example but other people have also given examples that pretty much point to it being a problem.

I know what your saying, and I'm not saying I agree with the way this is implemented in game, it is something that could do with looking at. I'm just trying to provide an explanation as to why it happens and the real madrid thing is a really strange one as I know at least 99% of young players would jump at the chance to join them, but it is the case that some players won't leave their first clubs IRL until they feel the time is right, whether that be 16/17 or 19/20 years of age.

Maybe wait a season and try again, or try and arrange the transfer for a later date...ie end of the season.

As I said, I don't agree with it, but there are also some elements of realism to it, not with the frequency that it happens in game but that it does actually happen....

Yeah I know what you're saying about why it's put in place and that, but for me it decreases the realism of the game. Part of me can understand that it's there to stop me from buying every world class regen but on the other hand that's what takes away realism in the game because it's so mechanical.

I can't believe there's an argument about this. It's clearly a problem in the game. There isn't any 16 year old at any Irish team who would reject a move to Real Madrid for that type of money. And fair enough it's only one example but other people have also given examples that pretty much point to it being a problem.

I'm not arguing about it, as I said, I don't agree with the way it's implemented but I'm trying to provide an explanation not disagree with you that a player won't leave for Real Madrid. It may well be that it's coded incorrectly in the game that a player doesn't want to leave his club until a certain point if say the likes of a Championship team comes in for him and it's the same if a team in the champions League comes in for him.

Whereas it should be that he'd reject the championship club but would move to a team in the CL?

I think I said "It's something that needs to be looked at"....

Allright mr.vast football knowledge. I see you keep missing the point so let me offer you this - give me a real life examples for this:

- A player from Dumbomumbo South Africa in the age range of 15-7 rejects a move to Man United.

- Player from similar reputation club rejects a move to Man United 1257012 times in a row with an increased wage salary and key position in the team every time.

Please provide me with such examples and I shall agree with you and accept this as NOT a bug.

You've just defeated your own point with the bold one - because it'd never happen. Too obscure. To do that even in FM10 you'd have to know about him via a third-party editor, because to have the "block" that occurs happen the player must have spawned very recently.

Let me ask you this - if you could load up a scout program, search every PA of 180 plus and sign about 20 top youngsters from all around the world without any block in place, wouldn't you consider that a bug?

In your OP, I'd say it's be wrong if you actually could sign the player as it'd make FM utterly trivial when searching for players.

Basically player search, sort by value and offer tribunal contracts to every top prospect in the world. That'd make a great game!

There's no problem with the system for this as it is. You're just ****ed off because you can't grab a player within a few weeks/months of him spawning.

I'm not arguing about it, as I said, I don't agree with the way it's implemented but I'm trying to provide an explanation not disagree with you that a player won't leave for Real Madrid. It may well be that it's coded incorrectly in the game that a player doesn't want to leave his club until a certain point if say the likes of a Championship team comes in for him and it's the same if a team in the champions League comes in for him.

Whereas it should be that he'd reject the championship club but would move to a team in the CL?

I think I said "It's something that needs to be looked at"....

I know mate, I wasn't aiming this particular comment at you ;)

I actually think your points made more sense than the others on this thread

What's that? No proof? You fail Tubby.

I don't even use any 3rd party editors or anything. This guy just appeared in my scouts radar believe it or not - and noone signed him for 2nd consecutive year.. hmm I wonder why..

But that's enough of that. I'm not angry because I can't get him, I'm angry because the situation is ridicilous and far from what I'd call realistic no matter what fantasy world you live in.

I know mate, I wasn't aiming this particular comment at you ;)

I actually think your points made more sense than the others on this thread

Didn't realise that until you'd posted afterwards but didn't want to edit my post or post again until you'd replied as there'd be a good few crossed wire going through here.

Glad to see we're on the same wavelength anyway, it's unusual to find anyone on my wavelength at half 2 in the morning coming to the end of a 10 hour shift!!! :D

You've just defeated your own point with the bold one - because it'd never happen. Too obscure. To do that even in FM10 you'd have to know about him via a third-party editor, because to have the "block" that occurs happen the player must have spawned very recently.

And to further the point, an under 18 player would not be permitted by Fifa to move to Man United from a country outside the EU. So the example is moot.

What's that? No proof? You fail Tubby.

I don't even use any 3rd party editors or anything. This guy just appeared in my scouts radar believe it or not - and noone signed him for 2nd consecutive year.. hmm I wonder why..

But that's enough of that. I'm not angry because I can't get him, I'm angry because the situation is ridicilous and far from what I'd call realistic no matter what fantasy world you live in.

Screenshot please. His career history, current contract and the reason he's rejected you on the news screen. Because by that description (second year at club), it could be a bug because generally by then the excuse of "doesn't want to leave the club he's just joined" etc. goes away. If he's a newgen in his first season, it's not a bug.

Player from similar reputation club rejects a move to Man United 1257012 times in a row with an increased wage salary and key position in the team every time.

Proof of your second point if you really need it - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool > Chelsea, similar rep, increased wage, key player role) - an example I already gave you. Which fits that criteria perfectly, apart from the fact he did it once. The amount of times is irrelevant though, because once rejected the bid wouldn't change for the next 1257011 times!

Another one actually - Steven Taylor (Newcastle > Everton, lesser rep, increased wage, key player role).

Didn't realise that until you'd posted afterwards but didn't want to edit my post or post again until you'd replied as there'd be a good few crossed wire going through here.

Glad to see we're on the same wavelength anyway, it's unusual to find anyone on my wavelength at half 2 in the morning coming to the end of a 10 hour shift!!! :D

Yeah but this thread would've been more entertaining if we kept going with all the crossed wires :D

No worries anyways ;)

Dear Tubby, I tried to be very very patient with you. I really did. You keep missing the point and talk about Gerrard and similar reputation teams for god knows what reason. This makes me sad.

Let me try one last time: give me example of (lets change location because some foolish people try to exploit that too even though it was just theoretical example) a low division irish/scottish player in the age range for 15-17 rejectin R.Madrid AS ELDENIRO SAID or any huge reputation club just to accept to renew his miserable contract.

Is that more appealing to you? Or should I say conference or blue square, or maybe I have to talk about Gerrard Liverpool and Chelsea because that seems to be the limit of your examples.

Here is the player in question:

http://i40.tinypic.com/fwu8pg.png

Negotiation: (I accept their demand)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2942waq.png

I get to offer contract: (I can offer anything it does not matter)

http://i43.tinypic.com/fxw93m.png

Result:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vnjql2.png

And before some very intelligent person to try to point out that I'm low level club - I'm in SPL true not a very reputable club but leaps and bounds above Home Farm. And to add to the point - eldeniro already said this happens even if you are Real Madrid.

So here I hope you get it now. I can't be bothered to explain these simple things over and over again just to be argued to death by some die-hard SI fans who can't accept the flaws of the game.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Dear Tubby, I tried to be very very patient with you. I really did. You keep missing the point and talk about Gerrard and similar reputation teams for god knows what reason. This makes me sad.
Player from similar reputation club rejects a move to Man United 1257012 times in a row with an increased wage salary and key position in the team every time.

Go on. Read what you asked. Then read my answer again. You condescending fool. You can't change the question whenever you see fit.

a low division irish/scottish player in the age range for 15-17 rejectin R.Madrid AS ELDENIRO SAID or any huge reputation club just to accept to renew his miserable contract.

It doesn't happen. As in, the scenario doesn't happen. A schoolkid may be picked up a la Messi from Argentina due to established club links and a scouting network which establishes the influx of players (but that's covered by the newgens spawning in the youth academy), but a teenager with zero rep in Scotland/Ireland will never find themselves tapped up by Real Madrid. The only possible example I can think of is Seamus Coleman going to Everton from Sligo Rovers after spending two seasons in Ireland. He came to the attention of the club scout after two full seasons.

But for the hell of it, I'll give you the vaguely similar example if you want. Wayne Rooney played in the Everton youth system and turned down the Liverpool youth system despite being the bigger club because he was a die-hard Evertonian. Ever considered the fact this lad is just a massive Home Farm fan?

You got the answer in two posts in this thread:

Wow, that is pretty patronising.

Okay, perhaps the AI club notices in the transfer offer screen that the player says he wants to be able to discuss terms with your team, so in a bid to keep said player happy they come up with an acceptable value, then they offer their own contract and hope it's better than yours. Because if they just reject straight away then said player may be unhappy at the AI for rejecting the offer, and far less likely to accept the AI contract offer.

Combined with:

And then combine that with the fact he's a 16-year-old kid.

If he were to sign for you, I'd consider that unrealistic quite frankly. If you were able to offer a 16-year-old kid from Home Farm £10'000 per week and he accepts every single time, and that rule applied to every youth player anywhere in the world, then FM would be a laughing stock.

There may be a reputation bug or something affecting this player or your save if it continues even when he approaches the age of 17/18, but I doubt it. I just think the game takes into account the reputation of the player, his age and his region, combined with club preference and how recently he signed a new deal, how happy he is at the club - about a 100 different factors which all combine to provide a reasonable block on his transfer.

By the way, I'm NOT a die-hard SI fan. I dislike numerous things about the game (in fact, I posted about the terrible press conferences just over an hour ago).

Anyway, I'm done. You're one of those people who post a problem and refuses to listen to replies because it doesn't fit your mindset.

Go on. Read what you asked. Then read my answer again. You condescending fool. You can't change the question whenever you see fit.

Ah love :D You read by similar reputation team I meant similar rep.team to the south african example I gave in the sentence above you misreading misunderstanding.. no.

Let me give you an example in your limited football knowledge terms: the only way you Gerrard example is relevant is if he would consider signing for MARS when, Mars actually are the intergalactic universal champions and just discovered him as a youth talent due to them having twice as long life-span as humans. You dig?

It doesn't happen. As in, the scenario doesn't happen.

And who the hell are you to say this won't happen, or this can't happen ? IF I have the option in the game to buy him then IT CAN happen. I'm sorry if It's not supposed to happen remove the option until it's possible. Either way you make no sense, you are not the one to decide what can or will happen. If I discovered him then I should be able to sign him and actually you did find yourself an example of that. Now imagine if you with the limited Bermuda triangle knowledge of Liverpool - Gerrard - Chelsea know about such an example - how many more there are in the real world :D

If he were to sign for you, I'd consider that unrealistic quite frankly. If you were able to offer a 16-year-old kid from Home Farm £10'000 per week and he accepts every single time, and that rule applied to every youth player anywhere in the world, then FM would be a laughing stock.

Oh this is going to really spoil my game knowing that you won't approve and find it unrealistic. :S Take into consideration the fact that he ain't that good at the first place. But let me ask you this - how come then that I got a youth player the very first day of the new season who was amazing and IMMEDIATELY big clubs like LIVERPOOL (WOOOHOOO) and a few others were interested and started asking me about him. Do you think he would reject their offers and accept mine every single time?????

It is a bug time for you to admit defeat and go to bed because this is really not what I have in mind with that thread. It is a problem, it is a bug when they reject the insane amounts of cash and bigger rep clubs. No matter how you are trying to role-play out of this.

I'm done as well. Have fun with you ultra realistic game :D

my 2 cents on why i think this is a real bug:

if i enquire at a club about an acceptable bid value of a player, i am asking the club "at what value would you consider it BETTER to let the player go?"

once this club states an acceptable value, they should not offer a counter offer to the player because they have just stated the price at which it would be better to let the player go!!!

I'll say it again "once this club states an acceptable value, they should not offer a counter offer to the player because they have just stated the price at which it would be better to let the player go!!!"

saying that

this is void; "... because they have just stated the price at which it would be better to let the player go!!!"

[However, if the club offer this player a contract lower than the players current contract and the player accepted, then this would be ok. This is because it would show that the player is truly commited to the club, and dosent want to leave, and would fight toot and nail for the success of the club. This in turn would automatically increase the acceptable value of a the player. FYI; the odds of this happening is VERY low]

if another club makes a bid, and the player chooses them instead of me, this is ok... the player mght like the wheather, location, friends etc... not just the larger amount of money i offer!

[FYI, i also think it is F'ing annoying that if you negotiate a salary with a player (after an acceptable transfer bid ofcourse), you cant change this - especially when another club makes an 11th hour bid! But then this post is not diretly talking about this, so i'll rant another day]

Simply Awesome:

The acceptable value is only the value the club would reluctantly accept for that player; there's no reason whatsoever that stops them offering the player a contract of their own.

But hey, whatever. If you think it's a bug - as in, a feature of the game that is unintended, a fault that needs correcting - upload your saved game to the FTP and post in the Bugs Forum and have the Techs laugh at you for wasting their time. :)

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157 - there ya go.

I don't think this is a big myself as the player has clearly decided he would rather stay with his current team. Even if they did offer a contract behind the users back, get over it. Try another target. There is not only one player you want surely?

Tubey84:

I did not say it would be wrong for the club to offer a player a contract of their own!

Yes you did xD

I'll say it again "once this club states an acceptable value, they should not offer a counter offer to the player because they have just stated the price at which it would be better to let the player go!!!"

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding you!

And nah, not a matter of life and death. It's just that the guy started insulting people since post 4 of this thread and carried on throughout. Even subtly changing my name to Tubby you'll notice. He's an internet warrior - I just come on here trying to help people. When I saw post 4, I should have realised immediately he was beyond help really!

Let's cut out the bickering and insults.

These young players may have pre-contracts which would stop any move right away. Obviously, if that's the case, then it should be made more clear in the game rather than letting you go through the entire deal.

Gotta love some people on this forum who defend the games flaws/bugs, if we were all like that the game would never improve as fast as we want, would it?

Anyway in my opinion this does sound like a bug though haven't experienced it myself.

Another thread full of GD's unique brand of 'discussion'!

Has anyone considered the fact that the youngster in question may be a bit like Jesus Navas at Sevilla and have real problems leaving his home town and therefore is happy to keep signing renewals until such a point that he feels old and wise enough to move on?

Don't think I saw that mentioned, but it was difficult to cut through all the nonsense.

Let's cut out the bickering and insults.

These young players may have pre-contracts which would stop any move right away. Obviously, if that's the case, then it should be made more clear in the game rather than letting you go through the entire deal.

As Neji has said if the player has signed a pre contract with a club they will allways reject your contract and sign a new one with their current club. The game doesn't give enough info to the player about what is happening, maybe it should just let you sign the player and then ban you from making any other signings for a year due to inducing a youth player to break his pre-contract.

It is irritating and not a good aspect of the game but just wait until they sign a professional contract and then buy them.

Has anyone considered the fact that the youngster in question may be a bit like Jesus Navas at Sevilla and have real problems leaving his home town and therefore is happy to keep signing renewals until such a point that he feels old and wise enough to move on?

Don't think I saw that mentioned, but it was difficult to cut through all the nonsense.

Not too metion Basque wishing to play nowhere else.

I think thats what I was driving at tbh. But as I said, its a rarity when a club like Madrid come along? Now not leaving for a lower rep team is a bit more understandable.......

Some players would rather play for a smaller club than a club like Madrid.

Think about it. You get offered a contract by Real Madrid, you're playing for, lets for sake of argument say Doncaster.

You're getting regular playing time at Doncaster which is aiding your development as a player. You get offered the chance to go to Real Madrid, but with little or no playing time, which in turn will deteriorate your development as a player.

Just because it's a bigger club, doesn't mean everyone wants to play for them; regardless of what they'd be earning.

Some players would rather develop themselves into a better player by playing regularly, rather than going and warming Madrid's bench.

It's not unheard of that a young player would reject offers from big clubs. For instance a young 15 year old Swede named Rasmus Lindgren (Plays at Avesta AIK) just rejected a trial offer from Man Utd because he thougth he was to young.

Ok it's a trial, but by your own mindset this shouldn't happened either.

Here a link to the article: http://www.united.no/united/nyheter/nyheter/svensk_ungutt_paa_proeve (It's in Norwegian)

I'll translate some of it:

Swedish youngster on trial

15 year old to visit United in February

15 year old Rasmus Lindgren has been invited to join United's academy players for a week long trial. His Father Michael Lindgren admits to being overwhelmed both on behalf of himself and his son.

He's quoted saying to "Dalerna-demokraten" that it don't get much bigger than this, but at the same time he admits that at the current time his son will probably stay in Sweden.

"It's not very likely that my son will move to such a big club at this early stage of his career" says Lindgren Sr.

So as you can see, it does happened in real life, though it's very rare.

Also as Neji pointed out, the player may allready have a pre-contract agreement with his current club and thus be unable to sign for you.

Archived