burnout in fm fact or myth?

can young players in this game suffer burnout if you play them too much too young?

ive read posts that say they do and others say they dont. im trying to develop pepper and pacheco and i always thought if you play them all the time they will have a better chance of hitting their pa. now ive heard that they will suffer the dreaded red arrow treatment if they hit their pa too quickly and wont recover. is this true?:)

There is a hidden jadedness stat for every player and I've always played under the impression that overplaying youngsters will make them jaded and can affect their development.

But if I'm honest this is something I read about a long time ago so I have no idea if this is still the way it works.

I'm curious abou this too. I have a couple of players in my reserve team that are tearing up the reserve leagues, but I'm worried that moving them into the first team will damage their prospects.

Its partly because I'm a cheapskate and want to save on wages, but also because I enjoy the point in FM when your team slowly reaches a point that a decent amount are players that you have nutured from the Under-18s.

To be honest this can affect any player. It all about fitest levels of that player.

But with youngest's my advice would to use them as subs and play in maybe cup games and games at end of the season when won't affect your results to much this way they get game expirence and you don't use to much. I've found this works well as with Arsenal i now have Theo, Wilkshire, Gibbs Rodwell, Ramsey, nordtveit all competeing for First Team.

Also have Emmmauel Jay Thomas, Barazite Lansbury and young keeper called silviu lung jr after being on loan all backups and going play cup games and look to makin step up and competeing next season.

I'm curious abou this too. I have a couple of players in my reserve team that are tearing up the reserve leagues, but I'm worried that moving them into the first team will damage their prospects.

Its partly because I'm a cheapskate and want to save on wages, but also because I enjoy the point in FM when your team slowly reaches a point that a decent amount are players that you have nutured from the Under-18s.

Move them into the first team and keep playing them until they get jaded, then drop them back to the reserves. No harm done!

It depends on the level too. I'm managing in the tenth tier and half my first team are 17 and under. They won't get jaded because the level of football is too low. They might get blown away if they were playing at Old Trafford every fortnight!

I generally use them quite sparingly as well but I have noticed that often the AI will use them in 40+ games in one season and their stats end up far beyond what I would achieve by playing them sparingly. So there is no question that the more games they play the quicker they improve, and if you want them to improve rapidly then play them in every game.

I have seen quite a few of my youngsters having red arrows all over :(

Ever since I rest them regularly for as long as their are 18 or younger, even if they are good enough to be regular first teamers. It seems to work.

That said, indeed I had Amr Zaki being all red earlier this week, so it seems it affects everyone while youngsters are just more likely to be affected.

I tend towards having youth players in my first team, and know for a fact that giving them a full season does no long term damage at all. Players can become jaded at any age, and I believe that Stamina and Natural Fitness dictate how quickly this happens. Whether jadedness affects training, and thus causes attribute reductions, I'm not sure - it would make sense I suppose.

Best to rotate and use subs, and not let players get jaded in the first place in my opinion!

I made Daniel Aquino my first signing for West Ham on 10.3 in the first season, purely becuase of my admiration for him, not becuase I needed him. But I had an insane amount of injuries and he as forced to play much more than I would have liked, and some of the time that meant him playing out of position.

He did well at first but by Christmas his morale was rock bottom and he just couldn't cope. I eventually manged to strengthen my squad in Jan meaning I could use him as an impact sub and that suited him much better. So I'd sathe young talents can defintely get jaded and burnt out. Bless him :(

I've had Luis Guilherme (GK) as my first choice keeper for most of the season. About half way through he started saying that he couldn't cope with the media pressure, a few weeks later he'd deal with it and then complain about the pressure again a few weeks after that. Could this be due to jadedness?

I've had Luis Guilherme (GK) as my first choice keeper for most of the season. About half way through he started saying that he couldn't cope with the media pressure, a few weeks later he'd deal with it and then complain about the pressure again a few weeks after that. Could this be due to jadedness?

No.

When a player is tired they'll first get a RST next to their name on the squad page and on their player page it will say "In need of a rest" (Where you normally get match fit etc). If they keep playing it then turns to JAD? and the player page says "Jaded, in need of a long rest"

In terms of Guiherme not coping its down to hidden personality stats, probably mainly "pressure" will be quite low.

it's pretty simple, a confident youngster will develop better than an unconfident one

if you play him on his first team and he stinks for 5 games, he's going to be low on morale, and therefore won't develop that good

instead if you play him those 5 games, he plays good, and his confidence is up, his development will skyrocket

if you think your youngster can perform, it won't hurt to give him first team time, but if he can't keep it up, send him down again before it's too late.

• 7 months later...

Wow this is gona bring some old notifications in lol. I thought I would search before I posted about jadedness and saw this.

I use Fm scout(No im not a cheat as the AI can see all these hidden stats also) I dont use it to see potential though. As I 100% think thats is cheating. But i use it just top see stats at a glance of my squad on things a real manager would know about hes own players. plus its a big time saver. alot of my players have there jaded way above the rest of the league? I dont train them to hard. I make subs when players get tired and still I have the highest jadedness.

I have done a few things recently that may change this and I may end up finding out myself why this is. It could be I fired my fitness coach lol. And the guy who took over maybe cant handle the amount of player I have in my squad. I have about 90 players. That includes 1st team (16), Reserve squad 20 odd, U-18 A team (18) U-18 B (26) And about 12-20 others of players who dont make the Reserve team and I play these in friendlies v my u18 B side.

I did have training on heavy but only just on the heavy bit. Was never a prob in prev fms. I have now put that to medium. I also am thinking due to having so mnay player and so few coaches is that making the jadedness stay high? I also dont have a fitness coahc btu just someoone dealing with it who is a coach.

Anyone got any experience with jadedness or know how to keep it low and what effects it?

Does the game distinguish between younger and older players becoming jaded?

Do 17 year olds tire quicker than 25 year olds?

In my experience with FM, no. Maybe we could have a system where over use of very young players leads to burn-out in the form of 'jaded' much quicker.

Good thread by the way OP

Make sure your training is about 10-15 slots below the setting where medium turn to heavy.

Rest assured that the training amount has almost no effect on the development of your players. Seriously.

Oh, and nice bump :D

So your saying training them less hard has no effect on there abilities or furute CA? Surely training them hard gets there abilities up? And you mean 15 slots before heavy. Wow I have it normally on the 1st slot of heavy. And have just brought it down to highest of medium.

I played a 16 year old left/right back in the Liga adelante since I got him in my youth intake and he eventually became the best left back in the world. That was FM09.

My policy is that if the player is effective and performing well, then I'll keep playing them and have them in my starting XI. I don't put age as a factor in determining whether a player can play at my club.

But does squad sized have anything to do with players being jaded?

But im thinking I know why my players have a higher Jadedness, I played about 7 friendlies pre season. Most teams in my league played 4/5 max and really rotated there teams. I went on a little tour and took about 23 players with me. I played most a half each but my main 11/12 got more mins that the 2nd 11. It must be that included with my high training and no fitness coach at the mo and jadedness recovery not as quick. I will experiment and see ;-)

There is a player in my game called christian maldini (think he's a regen, dunno) he has been playing for Milan it would seem by his history since he was 13/14. 20+ games per season. Doesn't seem to have affected his stats.

Isn't that Paolo Maldini's older son. Both his son's are in the Milan youth system and Christian should be around 14 now.

What can happen if you overplay youngsters is that there reputation can get two high for there age, which means they can't be tutored by who you would want them to be tutored by. This represents real life I feel, arguably Walcott. His reputation rocketed when he moved to arsenal, and only now is he showing his true potential, after disappointing progress over the last 3 or 4 years.

When I buy youngsters now I only buy them if they have great attributes, and if they do I put them straight into the 1st team, wether its on the bench or in the starting 11. I dont care if they are 14 or 21, their attributes are good enough, I will play them

Archived