Can't sign John Terry

Does he have Man United as one of his disliked clubs? I can't remember who he supports IRL - I thought it was either Man Utd or West Ham come to think of it.

In the game JT's favorable club is Chelsea and Man Utd. I used to try other major clubs to approach JT but he was not interested to join at all. Seems he would like to retire after quit Chelsea.:eek:

There is no challenge at all if you purposely release super star players so you can buy them... even if you manage to win 100 champions league, you wouldnt be too excited, at least i wouldnt, and it really feels good when you buy that random youngster for 1million and he turns out to be the next Pele. The fact that big clubs wont sell their hot superstars is a big realism from the game, unlike Fifa manager were you can sign Messi as Sunderland.

There is no challenge at all if you purposely release super star players so you can buy them... even if you manage to win 100 champions league, you wouldnt be too excited, at least i wouldnt, and it really feels good when you buy that random youngster for 1million and he turns out to be the next Pele. The fact that big clubs wont sell their hot superstars is a big realism from the game, unlike Fifa manager were you can sign Messi as Sunderland.

What is the essay about, we didn't want a morale speech.

He is just curios why John Terry won't sign for Man United.

The TS not a cheater, maybe just a beginner. I used to do that when I start play FM few years back. Just realize now it not so much fun because it become too easy

Back to the question, try Man City, JT may want

Yeah right.

Hate cheaters. The game was not intended to be cheated upon.

If he 'cheats' in his own game, that's fine. If he 'cheated' in a forum challenge/NG, that's not fine. But he isnt. Him cheating does not effect you.

The OP asked a simple question, so get off your high horse (as my dad would say :p) and maybe help him out instead of slating him?

To the OP - which year are you in? If you are a few seasons in JT will have played for Chelsea so long that he is too loyal.

One could argue that using other people's training schedules also is a form of cheating...
I beg to disagree. That was just a way of getting an opinion from other managers as far as training is concerned. I did say I would take a look at it and do my own changes to suit my needs.

Nevertheless, in case you don't know, very often in real life, managers do ask each other for advice.

I beg to disagree. That was just a way of getting an opinion from other managers as far as training is concerned. I did say I would take a look at it and do my own changes to suit my needs.

Nevertheless, in case you don't know, very often in real life, managers do ask each other for advice.

Well the thing is he can do whatever he likes with the game without your consent..And he didn't manage to sign terry did he? :p

Of course - managers IRL talk about all sorts of things. They also discuss tactics, players, etc. I'm not disputing that. But there's a world of difference from asking about someone's advice on something specific in training and asking them to give you their entire training framework.. I think the former is much more likely to be the real life scenario.

Either way, it was just a reaction to your flaming of the OP. I don't believe any of us have a right to teach anyone how to play the game.

If he 'cheats' in his own game, that's fine. If he 'cheated' in a forum challenge/NG, that's not fine. But he isnt. Him cheating does not effect you.

The OP asked a simple question, so get off your high horse (as my dad would say :p) and maybe help him out instead of slating him?

To the OP - which year are you in? If you are a few seasons in JT will have played for Chelsea so long that he is too loyal.

just start the game actually. :thup: thanks for your advise ;)

'add new managers' is one of the features in fm (don't think is cheating), but do admit using this feature cause the game bore.

lower squad status then mutual termination.

I think the only thing left for you to do is to get hold of a real-time editor such as FMRTE (from Editors Hideaway). Then you lower JTs reputation, try to sign him and then just before you click accept after he has agreed to your contract, raise the reputation again so the fans don't get upset with a "bad" signing.

In the game JT's favorable club is Chelsea and Man Utd. I used to try other major clubs to approach JT but he was not interested to join at all. Seems he would like to retire after quit Chelsea.:eek:
I haven't checked in the editor but I would think that John Terry would have Man Utd as one of his disliked clubs' date=' or maybe has a bad relationship with you personally (you might have slated him years ago and forgotten!).[/quote']

As someone has already said, and I have looked in-game as well, but John Terry's favoured clubs are Man United and Chelsea.

But it could be true that Terry might have a bad relationship with Man United manager :p in this case you!

As someone has already said, and I have looked in-game as well, but John Terry's favoured clubs are Man United and Chelsea.

But it could be true that Terry might have a bad relationship with Man United manager :p in this case you!

But the OP has said that he is in his very first season, so I don't think a bad relationship is the answer. :)

I think the most plausible is the one from dgibson9999 - his reputation as a manager is too bad for Terry to consider signing, regardless of Man Utd being one of favorite clubs.

But the OP has said that he is in his very first season, so I don't think a bad relationship is the answer. :)

I think the most plausible is the one from dgibson9999 - his reputation as a manager is too bad for Terry to consider signing, regardless of Man Utd being one of favorite clubs.

Ahh yeah, I forgot he said he was in the first season! And I don't think you can build bad relationships with players anyway through interaction can you? :p What was I thinking!

Ahh yeah, I forgot he said he was in the first season! And I don't think you can build bad relationships with players anyway through interaction can you? :p What was I thinking!

Keep trying to poach/unsettle a player. I think you'll see "results" soon enough :)

I read about an option in the editor called 'Retiring after spell with current club'. Obviously, this means he will spend his career at the club, so I assume in normal circumstances, JT would never leave Chelsea. The only way would be to cheat, and if this option is there/enabled for him, then it may be what is causing the problem.

I read about an option in the editor called 'Retiring after spell with current club'. Obviously, this means he will spend his career at the club, so I assume in normal circumstances, JT would never leave Chelsea. The only way would be to cheat, and if this option is there/enabled for him, then it may be what is causing the problem.

I guess there's a few players that would apply to, Giggs, Totti, Casillas, Raul, etc. Didn't know that was in there, but it's interesting to know.

if the game is not meant to be cheated upon why on earth do the add the editor then if they dnt want people to cheat scrap the editor and concentrate on other areas of the game.The fact that the editor is on the game suggests that its your game play it as you like.

My word, it's only a game...

Slating other people for 'cheating' on their own game that has nothing to do with you is pathetic.

Jesus wept.

its not cheating, just very weak managing skills. So bad at the game that they actually need the editor to add messi and 1 trillion euros into their favorite 2nd league team.

I guess there's a few players that would apply to, Giggs, Totti, Casillas, Raul, etc. Didn't know that was in there, but it's interesting to know.

You can't get any of them to join except Casillas. He freely join Man City start of the 3rd season!

But all of the others just love their club way too much!

He paid for the game like the rest of us, so he can play the game as he likes. I don't get why people kick up such a fuss about 'cheating'.

That is quite true, mate! In all honesty, I admit I cheat big time when playing Football Manager against AI opponents. I perform the ultimate "sin" of FM by taking over the opposing team and making their tactic 0-5-5 (probably the worst tactics in the game to prevent you from winning!) and making my team win regularly by 35 or 40 goals. Do I get any fun from it? No! But I also don't get any fun from the game when I lose because I just hate to lose. I also use FMRTE to make all of my players legendary players (etc, their CA and PA at 200 and all their attributes at 20) and usually win by 6 to 10 goals when I am not "managing" the opposing team.

Do I get any fun from doing this? No, I don't. But why am I doing this? It is because FM is such a complex game. and I have no time to go in depth to study the game.

I am most probably the worst FM manager that ever lived on the face of this planet! :D

I can never be a true LLM player! :(

That is quite true, mate! In all honesty, I admit I cheat big time when playing Football Manager against AI opponents. I perform the ultimate "sin" of FM by taking over the opposing team and making their tactic 0-5-5 (probably the worst tactics in the game to prevent you from winning!) and making my team win regularly by 35 or 40 goals. Do I get any fun from it? No! But I also don't get any fun from the game when I lose because I just hate to lose. I also use FMRTE to make all of my players legendary players (etc, their CA and PA at 200 and all their attributes at 20) and usually win by 6 to 10 goals when I am not "managing" the opposing team.

Do I get any fun from doing this? No, I don't. But why am I doing this? It is because FM is such a complex game. and I have no time to go in depth to study the game.

I am most probably the worst FM manager that ever lived on the face of this planet! :D

Case closed.

Hate cheaters. The game was not intended to be cheated upon.

As much as I hate cheating too, that is simply not true. Otherwise SI wouldn't ship the game with an editor.

Cheating in this way will perhaps bring you fun for a season or two. But where's the fun when you go to a match, any match, and know you will win it?

LMAO. You got that right ;) That is pretty much the complete opposite of everything LLM stands for. We're crap manager too though! :D We just feel it's much more fun to build up a team from scratch, as most RL managers do.

But as has been said above, and regularly in that place, you have paid for the game just as everybody else, and you play it like you wish. Some of us are merely questioning how long you will have fun with the game playing this way.

Archived