I am keep losing ALL the games ....so frustrated....

FM10 is really not that difficult. It's challenging, yes, but hours of tweaking are needed? Pretty sure I spend about 2 minutes on tactics before a game, and I don't even touch training and I'm no doing too bad

I spend a few minutes getting my team ready too, not doing too badly myself either. Just when you think you have everything sorted, the computer susses out your tactics and you hit a bad run (again)...

And i said hours of tweaking because there will always be someone who comes back saying thats what they do! :rolleyes:

Am beginning to feel the same way.I'm not a beginner have played these games since the cm days.

I got Torquay Utd promoted into league One,at first attempt using a 4-4-2 tactic.Now in league One I can't find a tactic that holds up.First time ever since i been playing these games,I'm thinking maybe I should go back to fm09 and stop buying them.Sad really because they've always been fun.

Guys i have just started playing fm10 and managing man u but i keep losing all the games....not even winning one also....what do you think it is wrong? should i start new season all over again?

Go to the tactics forum and download and read the tactics theorums for fm2010. It should help you out I think.

The tactics are so much easier to understand now there is a wizard and descriptions of what everything does.

The OP needs to tell us what they are currently doing, otherwise no-one can tell what you are doing wrong. It could be your tactics, your man-management, picking the wrong players, etc.

christ if you find things difficult with chelsea god help us all... if you want difficult start in the conference north/south like me!

What a silly thing to say. There are "easy" teams to be in every league, just because you start in the BSN/S doesnt make you better than someone who starts in the PL.

Tactics are much easier this year due to the wizard, if you take 5-10 minutes READING what the wizard tells you, you can see what each thing means, including rigid/fluid.

What a silly thing to say. There are "easy" teams to be in every league, just because you start in the BSN/S doesnt make you better than someone who starts in the PL.

Tactics are much easier this year due to the wizard, if you take 5-10 minutes READING what the wizard tells you, you can see what each thing means, including rigid/fluid.

I never said i was better? just pointing out if you're struggling with a team of superstars then try struggling with a team of nobodies! :eek:

Christ why are people so uptight...:rolleyes:

I never said i was better? just pointing out if you're struggling with a team of superstars then try struggling with a team of nobodies! :eek:

Christ why are people so uptight...:rolleyes:

Tell that to Scolari, Benitez, the various Real managers down the years.

Maybe people are "uptight" because others come out with rediculous statements like yours.

why would i tell them that? at least with a team of superstars you would expect them to be able to look after themselves and not tell them how to do everything.

Well if it's that ridiculus you didn't have to respond... but i forget that new people with general queries etc are frowned upon obviously...

I've had nothing but success with Cambridge and I don't go too deeply into tactics, I set one up for whichever league I'm in and base it on how I'm expected to do, so this season having just been relegated from the Premier League and one of the favourites for promotion, I'm playing a fluid attacking system (use standard for games which are expected to be close) and 10 points clear in the league at the half way stage. I found the tactics creator most handy, I havent done any individual tactics on this game. I do make sure my defence is set up for corners and free kicks mind.

There's other factors to take in considoration as well, I only ever sign players who will bring something positive to the squad (e.g. add to the professional nature, fit in well etc.) I never sign a player who needs to adapt to fit in as I think that no matter how good they are they might unbalance the attitude of the squad. I'd rather sign a good player with the right attitude (and determination is a good attribute to go on as well) than a quality one who is going to sulk and not fit in with the rest of the lads.

Press conferences and how you answer questions is important as well, they can have an effect on your team. I have a way of answering questions and often wrap them up early.

One thing I did do this season though is when asked before my first match who would win the championship, I answered Cambridge and the squad reacted well (I usually go no comment), but I took a punt on that because I've never been in a position where I'm one of the favourites for promotion! working so far though a long way to go!

I started another game where I wasnt giving two hoots about my answers, its in the bulgarian league and I took the reigns of a team expected to do badly, I did no work at all on the squad or my backroom staff and promptly lost 11 and drew 2 of 13 games played! although once I'm through with this save can go back to it and work a bit harder as I loaded a number of european leagues! but you have to work on it and find a way of playing that works, not easy I know!

My first season with Everton, I finished 3rd and lost the Europa cup final, second season scrapped 5th and now i'm struggling. Seems that the computer works you out and you have to adjust your tactics. I'm very poor at reading the ME so I just have to mess with tactics. It's realistic though as even SAF has changed his tactics and formation over the years. Best thing to do, I think, is adjust your tactics to your player's strengths. Check what they're good at on their position tabs and devise a tactic that suits them.

My first season with Everton, I finished 3rd and lost the Europa cup final, second season scrapped 5th and now i'm struggling. Seems that the computer works you out and you have to adjust your tactics. I'm very poor at reading the ME so I just have to mess with tactics. It's realistic though as even SAF has changed his tactics and formation over the years. Best thing to do, I think, is adjust your tactics to your player's strengths. Check what they're good at on their position tabs and devise a tactic that suits them.

For me this is the weakest part of the game. Man Utd have played the same way for years in the PL and although people can make adjustments for it the better players for Utd have won the day.

Look at Fulham, play the same way under Hodgson and have had sucess, on their terms, with it.

FM seems to ignore that players win games more than tactics. Assembling a good squad should be more important than reading the AI. It should be impossible to win the PL with Fulham without the Sugar Daddy option as it is in real life but learning the mechanics of the game makes it possible.

The best thing is as some of the posters here have said, buy better players, cause they win the games, and put them in a formation suited to their attributes. Regarding Man Utd, I won the CL and PL + the league cup in my first season, basically by playing a bit cautios, and relying on the bigger players such as Anderson, Rooney and Berbatov to come up with the goods when needed. Play three in midfield.

Play United like this:

Van der Sar

OShea Rio Vida Evra

Fletcher Carrick Anderson

(ball winning, defend)central mf(support) box-to-box(support)

Valencia Rooney

Berba

Valencia and Rooney as advanced wingers ( yes, it's a bit crap using Rooney as a left winger, but unfortunately United don't have good enough wingers to accomadate 4-4-2 so 4-3-2-1 is the way to go, let in only 16 and scored 70 in PL first season. Berbatov to play poacher, he scores loads of goals. Play standard and balanced against good teams, fluid and control/attacking against bad teams, you will constantly get messages from assistant that you have to few players up front, but it doesn't matter.

christ if you find things difficult with chelsea god help us all... if you want difficult start in the conference north/south like me!

Chelsea had a old squad, I brought new blood, and before the new blood could learn English, I had a community shield match and morale was low since no1 thought i could manage it, but i was 1st on my season and won the euro cup thanks to an own goal from messi :D

One thing thats so confusing in FM is that you can set up the team instructions exactly how you want to play, but then this renders the match shouts totally useless.

The only way match shouts work is if you leave everything default.

Terrible design.

Umm no. They work if you've just taken the lead and want to keep it cautious for a bit. You can then cancel them to go back to your original tactics and there are various other scenarios where you can use the shouts. Games are dynamic and you might find the opponent getting the better of your team so want to change it up a bit.

this thread underlines the biggest problem with fm...it is too difficult for beginners and too complicated. Ive played every single version of CM and FM and im struggling with 2010... seems only people who can spend hours upon hours tweaking get anywhere which abit sad really...

And yet, paradoxically....

I admit to holding a modicum of FM knowledge, I set up 2 separate tactics for Liverpool that I have yet to touch (tweak), yet I find myself unbeaten in about 20 games so far.

Am beginning to feel the same way.I'm not a beginner have played these games since the cm days.

I got Torquay Utd promoted into league One,at first attempt using a 4-4-2 tactic.Now in league One I can't find a tactic that holds up.First time ever since i been playing these games,I'm thinking maybe I should go back to fm09 and stop buying them.Sad really because they've always been fun.

Hang on. You've got 2 promotions, you're in League One, and yet you're thinking about quitting because you can't get promotion after promotion. It probably is very difficult to hold up a tactic in League One with Torquay (no offence), but just because it's not working straight away you're bottling it?

In real life there have been many teams who have had two (or more) consecutive promotions (Rushden and Diamonds for example), who have found life extremely tough the following season, because simply, they are not ready for promotion.

I love how you're complaining that the game is too hard, and yet I've finished 3rd, 6th and am currently 10th in the SPL despite my best efforts (not very good I know). Stop complaining.

this thread underlines the biggest problem with fm...it is too difficult for beginners and too complicated. Ive played every single version of CM and FM and im struggling with 2010... seems only people who can spend hours upon hours tweaking get anywhere which abit sad really...

I disagree- I had this problem in FM09 and just downloaded tactics;every tactic I created was a huge failure. However, on FM10 I created a tactic in the demo and it's worked like a charm. I'm in third place in La Liga as Athletic Bilbao right now still using the same tactic, and it took me only a couple minutes to create. I barely tweak it at all and use the same formation all the time.

Posted in another thread but applicable here;

I don't know.. i've been very disappointed.

I've been playing since FM 05 and i have to say that the game is.. well, not fun.

Red cards, long shots, no marking, the mystery of team talks, who is to say.

All i know is that we used to have a 50 man FM league here in California during the FM 06 and 07 days, with a waiting list.

Now no one plays anymore. I have been buying out of habit.

I've followed these boards daily for years, but its tough to spend hours setting things up preseason only to find yourself frustrated and losing.

Oh well.

I dont know if this is just me or, well I have made a few tactics, and have done so in earlyer versions also with ok sucess, i loose some i win some, but that is to be expected. I dont want a game to be to easy either, and in earlyer versions that might have been the chase imo.

In FM10 I always start off great for some reason, earlyer versions it have been the other way around. poor start when managing new team, but after 15 games or so with great result, winning usualy 13 of those or something, then my team just crash. I loose, loose, loose, loose.

First thought: "Maby oponents have figured out my tacctics and I have to change some". So I have tweaked them, no help.

2. thought: Change tacticc, but then the players arnt used to that tac. and have to adapt and needs more time to start playing good, but usualy dont work either. I'm doing something wrong, but I cant figure out what tho...

I'm determined to find out what, but even tho a team shouldnt just crash and burn after a great start like that even tho some of the oponents have figured out my tactics and how to play me...

One thing that really frustrates me tho is that if for example arsenal is 10th in the league and loosing alot, but when you meet them they play theyr best match in the season and win, and you can play Burnley who have a great season and are 4th or something and smash them.

One thing i have recently discovered if you are on a winning streak then suddenly start losing... change your mentality for some unknown reason it seems to work... I was playing defensive and went 15games unbeaten then all off a sudden my strikers could not score... after 5 games i changed to an attacking mentaility and won the next game 5-1 and went on another unbeaten run again...

For me this is the weakest part of the game. Man Utd have played the same way for years in the PL and although people can make adjustments for it the better players for Utd have won the day.

Look at Fulham, play the same way under Hodgson and have had sucess, on their terms, with it.

FM seems to ignore that players win games more than tactics. Assembling a good squad should be more important than reading the AI. It should be impossible to win the PL with Fulham without the Sugar Daddy option as it is in real life but learning the mechanics of the game makes it possible.

don't agree with that at all - United have changed quite considerably, particularly recently

Umm no. They work if you've just taken the lead and want to keep it cautious for a bit. You can then cancel them to go back to your original tactics and there are various other scenarios where you can use the shouts. Games are dynamic and you might find the opponent getting the better of your team so want to change it up a bit.

ummm you didnt get what i meant.

Guys i have just started playing fm10 and managing man u but i keep losing all the games....not even winning one also....what do you think it is wrong? should i start new season all over again?

i am in the same boat. i do win the odd game but only by 1 goal to nill.

but if i go on holiday for a day and my ass manager takes over i win at least by 3 or 4 goals.

it cant be my tatics cause i ticked all the boxes

I dont know if this is just me or, well I have made a few tactics, and have done so in earlyer versions also with ok sucess, i loose some i win some, but that is to be expected. I dont want a game to be to easy either, and in earlyer versions that might have been the chase imo.

In FM10 I always start off great for some reason, earlyer versions it have been the other way around. poor start when managing new team, but after 15 games or so with great result, winning usualy 13 of those or something, then my team just crash. I loose, loose, loose, loose.

First thought: "Maby oponents have figured out my tacctics and I have to change some". So I have tweaked them, no help.

2. thought: Change tacticc, but then the players arnt used to that tac. and have to adapt and needs more time to start playing good, but usualy dont work either. I'm doing something wrong, but I cant figure out what tho...

I'm determined to find out what, but even tho a team shouldnt just crash and burn after a great start like that even tho some of the oponents have figured out my tactics and how to play me...

Just ask Phil Brown at Hull! Of course in real-life teams can start off brilliantly, and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason just crumble and start losing constantly. It happens in real-life, so fair play to SI for it happening in FM.

On a seperate note, I have never had problems with tactics in FM, I am nearly always successful/fairly successful with all of my teams. I just play a bog standard 4-4-2 diamond and play attacking, just buying the players to fit my tactic. I NEVER change my tactic, and I don't suddenly go from being a good side to a bad side. I sometimes over-achieve with my club, I sometimes under-achieve, such is life... I don't blame the match engine when things go wrong though!

Posted in another thread but applicable here;

I don't know.. i've been very disappointed.

I've been playing since FM 05 and i have to say that the game is.. well, not fun.

Red cards, long shots, no marking, the mystery of team talks, who is to say.

All i know is that we used to have a 50 man FM league here in California during the FM 06 and 07 days, with a waiting list.

Now no one plays anymore. I have been buying out of habit.

I've followed these boards daily for years, but its tough to spend hours setting things up preseason only to find yourself frustrated and losing.

Oh well.

I'm the opposite. FM10 is far and away the most enjoyable and accessible of all releases for me. Tactics make complete sense for the first time, and seeing as tactics are so important in FM, this is a Godsend.

I'm the opposite. FM10 is far and away the most enjoyable and accessible of all releases for me. Tactics make complete sense for the first time, and seeing as tactics are so important in FM, this is a Godsend.

This partly the problem. players should be more important than tactics...Martin O'Neill in a press conference a couple of months ago or so said this... tactics are irrelavant what matters is the players at your disposal... someone who got Celtic to the Uefa Cup final can't be wrong...:rolleyes:

I'm suspecting the patch had something to do with it. I did fine with a small team at first, then went on to manage New York and it pretty much went to crap. I've had games leading well like 4-0 once, only to lose 4-5 in the end. Opposition scores whenever they want it seems. The scores in general... ridiculously high... players with absolutely no skill whatsoever scoring from away like mad, and throwing in better than they would shoot... straight to the other side of the box!

Oh, and the most annoying thing is that what tactics are genius today will be crap tomorrow. If it's not getting straight soon by some kind of miracle, I'm going back to '09, or try CM.

im managing man utd on fm 2010 and have been very succesful using 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 and also bought balotelli,akinfeev,aguero in season 1..season two i purchased fabiano,sinclair and season 3 drogba from chelsea,,sold berbatov,hargreaves,kuzsczak

Just set your team to 'control' and 4-5-1 even if you are only slight favourite for the game because you want to keep possession and play the ball in to the box.. sometimes it is not so clear cut that you will win teams like Burnley or Wolves even if playing at home.

i get what you mean. Match shouts and tactics instructions confilcting and causing confusion. :eek:

No what I was saying was, that some people who set manual "team instructions" or "player instructions" do not know that if you do not put them to "Default" while doing a match shout, nothing changes, regardless if you have put a shout to defensive.

So example, you manually set your team to all out attack and you score 1-0. You then put your settings to "contain" and pass the ball to feet.

If your don't place those manual settings to default, they will always be attacking regardless of the shouts.

This is something SI should look into.

No matter what setting you have set, I think a shout should ALWAYS override the current "manual" setting.

Some people don't go in and reset things/cancel initial game plan etc, and they think they are playing a different style when they actually are still playing attacking etc.

Archived