Australian Football Manager 2010: Where are you getting it?

As all of us FM Aussies know its gonna be a rip off to get this game so where are you buying it?

I've had a look online:

GAME: $74.00 (when ordering online with code:FTBLLMANPC)

EB: $99.95 (for all you UK people reading thats 45 quid!)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah we get shafted horribly when it comes to game prices.

I've got JB Hifi across the road so ill just walk over and pick up a copy from there. I was gonna order a copy from the UK but mehhhhh to lazy.

Thing is I'm not sure my local stores will have it on release day :s because last year I got it around Christmas time.

Well I'm not in Oz but I found this:

DStore

Just over the UK's RRP, but still expensive compared to the UK when you take into account the usual reductions we get on Amazon etc, so I feel for you guys.

You could get it from Amazon UK/US but you'd have a much longer wait for delivery.

Am I guessing right that Steam is not an option in Oz?

I might go through steam then but does anyone know how big the file will be to download?

I ask this because I think I have a 12GB DL limit.

Who is your ISP? Internode has unmetered Steam downloads as long as you're using an Australian server (which you can select in your Steam client settings).

FM2009 says 929mb disk space required for the download through my Steam client.

Find a British online retailer that posts to Australia... much cheaper, and if you pre-order they seem to somehow find a way to post it so that it arrives on release date generally.

I buy most things online these days... I can buy a TV series on Blu-Ray from the US and even if you include the high shipping charges it's still cheaper than buying the same series on standard DVD in a local shop.

Are you in England though?

Yes I'm in England I done one this Friday to determined what paper I'm doing for year's the GCSE Maths If I pass I'm doing the Higher tier paper for this years GCSE exam which the Highest you can get is a A*

If I Fail if I'm doing the Foundation Paper highest you can get is a D or a C which is Bad very bad.

My teacher must be marking my paper now :cool: I'm praying lol I hope I pass.

as i said above i ordered mine from Zavvi too. Has anyone in Aus ordered from them before? THis might be a really dumb thing to ask, but will a UK made game definitely work on an Aussie computer? Just that i've read a couple of people from outside EU (not Aus though) say things like "i can't order from uk because their games are not compatable with my machine" etc etc. If someone could answer for definite either way, it would be much appreciated!

I'll get mine from Big W, they're usually 20-30 cheaper than EB with most of their games, and seeing I work their, I'll just get it put away for me.

Last year I got it through Steam and it cost me an arm and leg, I ended up getting charged over $110 for it, and when I quieried it with them I got no response, so I wont do it again through them. Thats the only problem I had with them though, so Ill buy the box copy this year and then activate it through Steam.

EDIT: Actually it cost me $122 last year and it was a problem with using Paypal on Steam, needless to say I no longer use paypal.

as i said above i ordered mine from Zavvi too. Has anyone in Aus ordered from them before? THis might be a really dumb thing to ask, but will a UK made game definitely work on an Aussie computer? Just that i've read a couple of people from outside EU (not Aus though) say things like "i can't order from uk because their games are not compatable with my machine" etc etc. If someone could answer for definite either way, it would be much appreciated!

Just in case any other aussies are planning on ordering from Zavvi, I have just answered my own question above.

Zavvi replied to my email and confirmed that the game ordered from UK will be compatable for here in Aus. Yay! I don’t care if it’s a few days later than release because I’ve saved about $50 I’d say.

Archived