Can you resist having your home nation loaded?

I am thinking of starting a new game in Brazil and was wondering if I should not load the usual countries I load. I have a pretty quick computer so I always load England, Spain and Italy, even if I dont really look at them I tend to always have them on for some reason.

Anyone else always load their home nation?

Yes, I always load England regardless of whether or not I'm going to play there.

Worse still, I find it impossible not to load right down to the BSS/BSN due to wanting to keep an eye on the non-League game. :D

Best to load it just in case, I think, as you might get a craving to manage at 'home' after you've finished with your Brazilian challenge.

C.

I always want to end up in England, so I always have it selected. Even if I had a game where I wasn't planning to manage there, I would load it just so I can follow my team.

I always load England, scotland, N. Ireland, Spain, Italy and Germany. Then I'll pick some other leagues at random until I have 30 or so leagues sorted.

On my laptop though I only load England, spain top 2 div Italy top 2 div SPL and Bundesliga.

I could NEVER not load English leagues though, even if I plan to have my whole career in Sweden.

I usually load up the MLS as "View Only" just so that I can scout there; every once in awhile a good MLS player sneaks through.

My best ever regen came from MLS

Ricardo Gomez the Mexican legend!

I usually load up the MLS as "View Only" just so that I can scout there; every once in awhile a good MLS player sneaks through.

I do this as well, which really worked out, as my now-starting DM came from the MLS

Oh, I guess I'm not the only one who does this. No matter what, I always put MLS as a "view only" and if I'm not planning to play in England, I still put the EPL as "view only". I just like to follow their standing and history... and hope my local FC Dallas does well. There's opportunities to poach some reasonable players from MLS, I agree.

Oh, I guess I'm not the only one who does this. No matter what, I always put MLS as a "view only" and if I'm not planning to play in England, I still put the EPL as "view only". I just like to follow their standing and history... and hope my local FC Dallas does well. There's opportunities to poach some reasonable players from MLS, I agree.

lol, I'm the same way.... Loading up MLS just to keep an eye on FC Dallas :thup:

Yep, can never resist loading the Australian leagues :D
I pretty much always load the A-League. It's an easy one to have loaded because it's small so doesn't add significantly to loading times and can produce some decent players.

I don't know about that but have had a few Australians who turn out to be superstars in my game, I will post a screenshot of a few after work tonight. Just don't remember right now where abouts in the world they entered my game from.

Nope. Not unless i'm playing a 'scenario' game, i.e. Scandinavia, Asia, South America only.

That isn't because I have some undying love of the English Premier League, but rather that it is one of the two arguably biggest leagues in the world and is therefore indispensible.

Personally i'm a huge Serie A fan.

I love Italian football too. Had some of my best CM/FM games in Italy.

Despite trying out a wide variety of leagues, 3/4 of my best games were in Italy - which is nice because I like the way they play football in RL.

Totally off-topic, but do you happen to know which (if any) British broadcaster is showing Italian football for the coming season?

No idea :(

Issue is i'm currently living in Switzerland so all I get is the Axpo Super League (joy!), the Bundesliga or the EPL (if i'm willing to to sit in a smokey English/Irish pub and buy three or four drinks at twice the usual rate).

I miss my Sky Sports Subscription...

I love Italian football too. Had some of my best CM/FM games in Italy.

Totally off-topic, but do you happen to know which (if any) British broadcaster is showing Italian football for the coming season?

C.

I been trying to find this out for ages, the annoying thing is with the end of Setanta I dont think there will be any German, Dutch or French footy on or the South American football.

Archived