Founding a club in England...

Hey guys,

I have decided to create a club through the FM editor and basically see where I can take it and also follow it along even if I am sacked.

I really do not know anything about the UK and I am just trying to get info on one particular thing.

Do you guys know of an area in England that has a large fan base but no real top side?

Thats all I really want to know - and maybe a nearby stadium if you know one.

If you're lucky I will found a club in your area.

:D

Well I will be starting in the lowest possible division - will be a while before I would steal United fans.

Actually, I have decided to actually call my club United Kingdom, and will be selecting only players from the UK - never purchasing a foreigner.

All I need now is a location in England and a stadium and I will start. :)

By population Bradford is the 5th biggest city in the UK and only has 1 league team in England and they are not brilliant by any stretch.

Wakefield is also about the 15th biggest city in UK with no football team to call their own, they are more of a rugby town!

I'd agree with the last two, Somerset / Avon have no top football team, and only 1 in the championship with Bristol City.

Also the East Midlands isn't doing very well what with Forest no longer a top-class side, and Leicester have only ever had brief flirtations with the top-level and I doubt will be pulling up any trees next season either.

Kent, our only professional club is Gillingham (League 1), Ebsfleet maybe pro too?

Close to London, nice part of England, lots of good semi pro sides and average sized towns!

generally the South West have limited success in football and no big teams, the best teams within and around SW are Aston Villa Birmingham and Bristol City, any other teams are participating in league 1/2.

Aston Villa and Birmingham?? They are in the Midlands and definitely nowhere near the South West!

I like the idea. You could have a look at the South West. Other than Plymouth no real good team there. Or better yet Essex. Southend and Colchester apart there is nothing there even though we are on the door step of London :D

Aston Villa and Birmingham?? They are in the Midlands and definitely nowhere near the South West!

Yes they are near SW.

I'm in cheltenham, which counts as SW, albeit near teh top of SW and isn't far from the midlands.

Cornwall.

We have no professional teams and the bigest team in the county is Truro City in the Southern Premier League which is about two divisions lower than the lowest playable league on FM.

The biggest team in the whole of the South West is Plymouth Argyle who are just across the bridge and 200 miles up the road there is Bristol City who is just as big. Thats in like a 250 mile area of England.

Yes they are near SW.

I'm in cheltenham, which counts as SW, albeit near teh top of SW and isn't far from the midlands.

Cheltenham is classed as The West. South West is more for Devon and Cornwall. Birmingham is closer to London than it is to Cornwall.

East Anglia has no real top class football team. Some staduims are Carrow Road (Norwich City) Portman Road (Ipswich Town (SCUM)

So you'd be a norwich fan then?

Enjoy league 1 :D

On topic, You could always make a top class Welsh club, that plays in the English leagues like Cardiff and Swansea.

Oxfordshire :thup: ... we have tons of teams and our biggest is in the Blue Square Prem. They haven't been good since the 80's and all the other clubs aren't even in the Blue Square divisons.. nearest stadium would be Kassam Stadium... even our neighbours Swindon suck...

Archived