French manager sacked despite winning WC

I had this with the England manager. Steve McLaren won the WC twice and the Euros, he was sacked afetr his second WC win :confused: It said the FA had decided it was time for a fresh approach, or something along those lines.

Which is stranger? A manager getting sacked after winning two WCs and the Euros or McClaren even taking England to two WCs and the Euros let alone winning them

Thats what I do when theres a bug - just imagine something else happened behind the scenes to cause it.

Although my imagination ran dry when I tried to formulate a decent reason for a manager leaving Huddersfield in the league 1 playoffs for Brighton, who had just been relegated from the Championship.

Maybe he wasn't bringing in solid results or attractive play

There can be no better result that winning an international tournament :) (though the type of play can be a factor) We have seen a number of managers resigning even after winning a tournament (Lippi, Aragones etc) so instead of making them resign, maybe the AI just sacks them :p

Thats what I do when theres a bug - just imagine something else happened behind the scenes to cause it.

Although my imagination ran dry when I tried to formulate a decent reason for a manager leaving Huddersfield in the league 1 playoffs for Brighton, who had just been relegated from the Championship.

Toughie alright. Maybe he was having trouble with the board at Huddersfield or has a soft spot for Brighton :)

THis comes up pretty much every week on here. As far as i know its not a bug just to do with the way the game works. Like a "You've got us as far as you can, so its time for you to go" message from the board.

You mean like "We know you won us the World Cup, but we don't think you're capable of leading us to the Solar System Cup never mind the Universe Cup, so we decided to let you go." ? ;):p

I think the problem lies deeper here. It's the matter of how the game evaluates manager's results.

In your club, it can be seen on club confidence screen and I quite often find myself thinking that "this is not fair/correct".

Fans/club/board concentrate their evaluation on certain things and very often are missing big picture. Somehow the game doesn't understand that 3 points are 3 points, no matter what was the score.

For example I'm playing Ajax and in Eredivisie there are 34 games in one season. I've played 28 and I'm 1st in the league, 8 points clear.

Now, when my next game is against outsider and I win 1-0, then fans are "disappointed" because they feel that I didn't score enough. No matter that 1-0 win still gives us 3 points and brings trophy closer. No matter that the club in 2nd place lost their game and is now 11 points behind us. My fans are still disappointed.

It doesn't make sense.

I think the problem lies deeper here. It's the matter of how the game evaluates manager's results.

In your club, it can be seen on club confidence screen and I quite often find myself thinking that "this is not fair/correct".

Fans/club/board concentrate their evaluation on certain things and very often are missing big picture. Somehow the game doesn't understand that 3 points are 3 points, no matter what was the score.

For example I'm playing Ajax and in Eredivisie there are 34 games in one season. I've played 28 and I'm 1st in the league, 8 points clear.

Now, when my next game is against outsider and I win 1-0, then fans are "disappointed" because they feel that I didn't score enough. No matter that 1-0 win still gives us 3 points and brings trophy closer. No matter that the club in 2nd place lost their game and is now 11 points behind us. My fans are still disappointed.

It doesn't make sense.

Er, this is what fans are like IRL. Top teams are not expected to only win, but also to play attractive football.

r.e. the french manager, the national federation did say that they wanted a new direction, no? Very seldom to WC winning coaches stay with the national team.

Just happened to the Turkey manager on my game. They won the 2026 WC (beating Scotland in the final) and then sacked him. :o

Scotland just won the 2030 World Cup, and their manager didn't get sacked. Not too sure how this sacking is provoked.

maybe by sacked they mean contract ran up and not renewed which is what happens IRL, manager signs contract during up to the end of the world cup after winning world cup he becomes a hot commodity so he can get lots of money from clubs so for National team to retain him they would have to considerably rasie what they were paying under original contract which National team is not willing to do for the manager to basically sit till next qualification process

maybe by sacked they mean contract ran up and not renewed which is what happens IRL, manager signs contract during up to the end of the world cup after winning world cup he becomes a hot commodity so he can get lots of money from clubs so for National team to retain him they would have to considerably rasie what they were paying under original contract which National team is not willing to do for the manager to basically sit till next qualification process

Punctuation much? :D

I hate when you win the world cup, the next season, board and fan confidence on national teams always seems to return to satisfied, or cautiously optimistic. If england ever won the world cup the manager would be knighted, sainted etc

Archived