AI experiment - Northern Premier League to Premier League

What is the aim?

The aim of the experiment is to find out how long it will take for all the teams in the Northern Premier League to be in or around the premier league. I have given them bigger balance, budgets, capacity etc. I will follow the clubs and their signings, cup runs and league status.

What have I done to the database?

I have done the following to all teams in the Northern Premier League:

. Professional status

. Morale of 20

. Increased rep to 7800

. 20,000 max attendance

. 10,000 min attendance

. 24,500 capacity stadium

. 95,000 expansion capacity

. £30,000,000 balance

. £5,000,000 transfer budget

. £200,000 wage budget

Now to add a story line...

To liven lower league football up the FA has decided to sell all Northern Premier League clubs to either rich business or multi national businesses that could pump in 'mega bucks'. Within a week all clubs had been bought by people/ businesses ranging from Bill Gates to Coca-Cola and British Airways to Richard Branson.

I am pretty sure once the experiment gets going you will pick a favourite team or you might already have one, maybe you managed them in dafuge's challenge, so let the race to the Premier League begin

[quote name='m1234566778;3308766

I am pretty sure once the experiment gets going you will pick a favourite team or you might already have one' date=' maybe you managed them in dafuge's challenge, so let the race to the Premier League begin [/i']

This experiment will never get going with you running it. It might last a couple of days before you get bored and start a new one.

Will be interesting, from the other posts it seems you have started a lot of these, hope you see this through.

My comment about the experiment:

You have a maximum attendance of 20,000? Would that not mean that thats the maximum they will ever get, meaning the 95,000 expansion will never be used. Maybe give all teams various stats, not all the same, like for example a team with a lower rep. but more money to throw around.

Season 1- Who got promoted?

Buxton and Hednesford were the teams to gain promotion to Blue Square North.

Season 2- The season 1 promoted teams

Buxton

League position- 1st (113 points) Blue Square North

Top Scorer- Schumacher (10)

Manager- Sam Alladyce

Notable Staff- Gary Lewin

An excellent season for Buxton as they won the league by 5 points, they signed many great players but the most high profile signing by far was Damien Duff.

Hednesford

League position- 2nd (108 points) Blue Square North ( promoted via play offs )

Top scorer- Besart Berisha (11)

Manager- Roland Nilsson

Notable Staff- Rodolfo Tavana

A good season but they couldn't keep up with Buxton. There most notable signing was Daniel Gabbidon, they didn't bring in as many players as Buxton but there signings were more high profile.

Season 2- Who got promoted from the NPL

Frickley Athletic and Ilkeston Town.

Good start but to improve it you could list all the players these two clubs have signed and sold in alist or code with prices.

So for example:

Guiseley - Players In

Ronaldinho - £28 million

Robinho - £119 million

Kaka - £500000000 million

David Nugent - £12 million

Something like that :thup:

which clubs did you actually edit? how can we support one if we dont know who there is to choose from?

All clubs in the Northern Premier league, you support a northern premier league club.

Are you even running the leagues in full detail? For the top two positions in the league, the top scorers getting 10 and 11 goals respectively- isn't particularly good.

Yes, the leagues are been played in full detail, I also thought the top scorer goals were low.

Good start but to improve it you could list all the players these two clubs have signed and sold in alist or code with prices.

So for example:

Guiseley - Players In

Ronaldinho - £28 million

Robinho - £119 million

Kaka - £500000000 million

David Nugent - £12 million

Something like that :thup:

Good idea, players signed are a bit far fetched though :)

Let us assume that the great and good of this forum aren't intimately acquainted with the exact contents of an unplayable league, m1234566778. Which teams precisely have you edited?

These are the teams I have edited:

Ashton United

Boston United

Bradford PA

Buxton

Cammell Laird

Eastwood

FC United

Frickley

Guiseley

Hednesford

Ilkeston

Kendal

Leigh Genesis

Marine

Matlock

Nantwich

North Ferriby

Ossett Town

Prescot

Whitby

Witton

Worksop

All clubs in the Northern Premier league, you support a northern premier league club.

Yes, the leagues are been played in full detail, I also thought the top scorer goals were low.

Good idea, players signed are a bit far fetched though :)

Yeah well, it was just an example.

Nugent isn't too far-fetched though if they have signed DD.

I think the way to do it is to use links to screenshots, but if you aren't showing screenies then you need to give a lot more detail into whats actually going on maybe even a simple league table (See JoseRR's for my examples). You can do all of this without screenshots. :)

Season 3- the season 1 promoted teams

Buxton

League position- 1st (124 points) Blue square premier

Top goalscorer- Jake Thomson (28)

Manager- Sam Alladyce

Notable staff- Gary Walsh

Well, they just get better every season but only just won the league by 2 points. They were helped by the loan system and brought in a number of key loans including Valeri Bojinov from Manchester City

Hednesford

League position- 2nd (122 points) Blue Square Premier

Top goalscorer- Marcus Bent (42)

Manager- Roland Nilsson

Notable Staff- Dave Shannon

Just missed out on been the champions but easily gained promotion via the play offs. They only brought in 2 players, Heinz Muller and Michael Hall.

Season 3- season 2 promoted teams

Frickley

League position- 1st (110 points) Blue Square North

Top goalscorer- Danny Graham (23)

Manager- Billy Heath

Notable staff- Roy Evans

Frickley enjoyed their first season in the league by clinching the title. The most high profile addition to the team was Belletti who agreed a deal with the club.

Ilkeston

League position- 2nd (103 points) Blue Square North

Top goalscorer- Jamie Mackie (27)

Manager- Alan Curbishley

Notable Staff- Lee Clark

Promoted via the play offs after finishing 7 points behind champions Hinckley. They were helped with the high profile signing of Kenny Miller, from Rangers.

Who got promoted from the NPL season 3?

Nantwich and Guiseley.

League position- 1st

I'm supporting Nantwich as it's my local team. KUTGW m1234566778 but like some of the others have said please include screenshots for the league tables.

Its not really a challenge to take a club with the following attributes:

Professional status

. Morale of 20

. Increased rep to 7800

. 20,000 max attendance

. 10,000 min attendance

. £30,000,000 balance

. £200,000 wage budget

From the NPL to the Premier League. The experiment isn't really getting any analysis of what is happening, nor is it giving us any interesting results, largely because all the clubs you've edited are edited to a Premiership level and thus will storm the leagues until they reach the Championship at least.

Therefore my answer would be NO

Its not really a challenge to take a club with the following attributes:

Professional status

. Morale of 20

. Increased rep to 7800

. 20,000 max attendance

. 10,000 min attendance

. £30,000,000 balance

. £200,000 wage budget

From the NPL to the Premier League. The experiment isn't really getting any analysis of what is happening, nor is it giving us any interesting results, largely because all the clubs you've edited are edited to a Premiership level and thus will storm the leagues until they reach the Championship at least.

Therefore my answer would be NO

Agreed, this would be the least challenging challenge in the history of the universe. Mine is also a NO

He's got a point. Perhaps if you'd done several experiments with the clubs to see which attributes would result in them getting to the EPL the quickest and then who would stay their the most, become the biggest club etc. So for example you have these elements:

1. World Class bank balance - You give the side a starting balance similar to that of World Class clubs, the likes of Barcelona, Man United, Inter Milan etc. Can money, and money alone bring the club success?

2. World Class stadium - You give the side a stadium similar to that of the World Class stadiums in the World, the likes of Camp Nou, San Siro and Olimpico. Can a World Class stadium help with the future success, or will it just leave the club in huge debts?

3. World Class reputation - You give the side a reputation similar to that of the highest reputation clubs in the game, the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man United. Can the club's massive reputation bring them success, without the initial staff, facilities and of course, money?

4. World Class Training Facilities - You give the side training facilities similar to that of World Class teams, can the training ground alone attract money and success?
  5. World Class Youth Set-up - You give the side a Youth Set-up similar to that of World Class sides, it might not make an impact straight away but will it help in the long term aspect of the sides future?
  6. World Class Squad - You give the side 26 of the World's greatest players in each of the positions (obviously not 26 GK's, 26 DR's etc). With the players sure to make an initial impact, will the club keep the players and fly up the leagues, or more realistically can they ever make it through just the original sales of these players?
  7. World Class Staff - You give the side the World's finest staff, that includes manager, assistant, first team coach etc. With the money the club will receive if the staff choose to leave for another club that that high, will they have to rely on some of the staff to stay on and show some loyalty?
  8. World Class Chairman - You give the side a World Class chairman. Will a rich, ambitious and loyal Chairman be able to bring a club right the way from scratch up into the spoils of the Premier League?

For each one you could pick one of them and everything else at the club would be average for that division, and then you see which clubs do the best. That would be far more interesting in my opinion, as your experiment at the moment just seems to be really easy as Wegason said, because you've edited every single aspect (well not everything I've listed, but you get what I mean) it's ridiculously easy for the clubs to succeed and it's inevitable that even a really crap FM'er could take a club with those kind of attributes to at least the CCC with ease.

What is the aim?

The aim of the experiment is to find out how long it will take for all the teams in the Northern Premier League to be in or around the premier league. I have given them bigger balance, budgets, capacity etc. I will follow the clubs and their signings, cup runs and league status.

That is your OWN writing, m. It's an okay premise, but you clearly state what you want to do, and that's great.

But, of the four things you state that you will do, you did ONE of them, and poorly at that.

Season 2 - Buxton comes 1st, Hednesford comes 2nd, and gets promoted via the playoffs.

That's it?

What else happened? Who did they sign? How did Sam Allardyce end up managing lowly Buxton? How did they do in the Cups? Who got relegated?

You see why we get frustrated with you, m? You don't commit to what you say you want to do. You are so focused on the end result of seeing all the NPL teams doing battle with the likes of Chelsea and Man U, that you overlook all the little nuances that make an AI experiment worth tracking. You don't see the forest for the trees.

Do you read the Bandits experiment? Notice how Kip gives an in-depth summary of the entire footballing world going on in his game? The editing he's done to the Bandits and the Sherrifs is just as implausible as what you've done, but because he meticulously tracks the progress, we become invested in what happens. Compare that to yours. Buxton got promoted. Whooppee. Why do I care?

You've given us hardly any reason to actually follow your experiment, let alone ask for a copy of the save so that we can play Dafuge's Challenge on Easy mode.

Precisely.

Again, your initial post said you;d follow the clubs and their signings, their cup runs and their league status.

That's a pretty good summary of information we'd like to know. Buxton's now won 3 consecutive promotions; so how are they coping? Have they revamped their roster, or was it good enough to keep intact as the team moves up? Is anybody in the leagues even offering a challenge to these pumped-up clubs? Those are the kinds of things that provide value to an experiment like this, not just who won each competition.

Archived