Many injuries in Version 9.3 for PC!

I am Arsenal and have played til beginning of November 2008. I have over 10 injured players and all 4 best strikers out with multimonth injuries. I have 4 Physios (trainers) and do not play my players when they are under 70 condition (when they start a match I play only players with 85 or above for conditioning).

I thought I read that 9.2 injury issues were solved in version 9.3?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85 is too low, IMO. If you look at their player card when they're 85, it says they are "Tired".

How hard are you training? That's also a big factor in how many injuries a team gets.

A number of people complain there are too many injuries, and have with each patch of FM07, FM08, and FM09. Yet I can go through a season without needing my toes to count the number of injuries I get.

In short, if I can do it, so can you. If I can do it, and you can't -- it must be something you are doing and I'm not, or something I'm doing and you're not. Regardless, it's not the game.

by the same time in my Villa save I had about 5 players out for a minimum 4 weeks

& another 3 out with short term injuries.

I thought .. well.. thats not good.

but i lowered my overall training on all positions by 5 clicks and then I had only 2 decent injuries in the next year.

I still picked up alot of injuries during the matches, but mostly were walked off.

I think the other clubs just want to hurt us :D

No-one starts a game for me unless they have 93%+ for condition. Anything lower and they are more likely to get injured. Subs have to be 90%+ too. I still get injuries, obviously but less frequently. Also when some comes back from injury I make sure they only play part of the game for the 1st couple of games. If they play a full game they tend to get injured again fairly quickly.

I am finding the same thing as Scott. The injuries I receive are usually in game but are short term. I feel that the frequency of in game injuries has increased. Making tactical substitutions is a bit more tricky now as it seems I am always forced to make the sub because of injury. I have learnt not to sub too early otherwise I will end up finishing the game with 10 men.

one thing that has been mentioned is that alot of injuries occur if you carry on your current game after installing patch, injuries seem alot less if you start over. I am with the people with less injuries, i have had 1 long term injury in 3 seasons and a few 2-3, 4-6 day injuries which is normal, but im LL so i dont have a very hard training schedule.

As the first person who replied said - no it does not need fixing. If you are getting way too many injuries then you need to change something, probably your training, tactics or selection methods, cos there are a lot of people who aren't having any problems - therefore it is something that YOU are doing wrong, not the game I'm afraid.

So things to check are:

Is your training too hard? In the individual's training pages, do they say 'unhappy at high training workload'? What overall level is your training?

If a player is under 90% before a match, you definitely should not be starting him in the match. Use more squad rotation!

What are your tactics like? Do you employ lots of closing down / fast tempo? If so - that will cause your players to drop their fitness much quicker, and therefore cause more injuries.

And what if NOBODY is at 90% because you’ve just started a new game, your BSS team has a small squad, they’re all at 60-75%, you’ve offered umpteen contracts but no one has signed yet, the friendlies are coming and you’ve done what you’re advised to do and put everyone on pre-season training which necessarily emphasises fitness (like in real life).

But, hey, put your strength training one click too high and legions of “athletes” will sprain wrists and backs (stands to reason, doesn’t it!). Put your aerobic training one click too high and legions of players will all collapse with ankle and ligament injuries.

Put your fitness training too low and nobody will get properly fit to last the season, or get up to the 90% fitness “necessary” for friendlies.

The assumption here is that the human player should experiment to get the right pre-season training level. This assumes that you and all your staff and players were born yesterday and not a single person at the club has even the first idea of appropriate training levels. Multi-gyms? Free weights? Running tracks? What on earth are they? Let’s take a wild stab in the dark at what we should ask the players to do and see if they all put their backs out or not!

Then, you go into the pre-season-friendly match. It would, of course, be a great idea to have almost-match-fit-for-the-season players (like real life…not! Its partially was pre-season friendlies are for). It would also be a great idea to have little closing down, easy tackling and all the rest of it; why, then, are friendlies configured no differently to a champions league final in the way the ME approaches them, why does the confidence feature treat them in the minds of the fans and the board like vital league games? This FORCES you to take them much more seriously than you should need to.

I experienced lots of injuries on a new game, in the first season especially the first 3 month; since then the injuries got less and I now experience an average of 2-3 players out for injury. Sometimes I get the squad all back, then I 2-3 players pick up more injures.

I'm in the new season and I have not experience an injury crisis yet. I don't train my players too much (just 2 ticks below hard overall intensity), and I have a small squad since we are in Italian lower leagues. I for one thinks that injuries are realistic in the game.

• SI Staff

And the fact is, that the number of people complaining is countered by those who think its ok. That surely is realistic in itself? You see some managers complaining others just getting on with it.

But as I said in the other thread - anyone with 5 or more injuries in one match is welcome to send me the pkm for analysis :)

I started a new game yesterday as Man City, just to see how hard it is to play a proper game with them and their fortune. Set up my training schedules as per usual (Defenders, Midfield, Mid-Attack and Strikers) and went through pre-season.

Five or six niggly <5day knocks. Four 5-day to 2-week injuries. Two major injuries, ie, 1-month+.

Can't say this is unreasonable.

Injuries are fine. Only thing I think may need twinkling is injuries during preseason as during that month and the first month of the season I get alot of injuries. But after the initial month when everyone is back it's ok.

Injuries have been fixed.

And what if NOBODY is at 90% because you’ve just started a new game, your BSS team has a small squad, they’re all at 60-75%, you’ve offered umpteen contracts but no one has signed yet, the friendlies are coming and you’ve done what you’re advised to do and put everyone on pre-season training which necessarily emphasises fitness (like in real life).

But, hey, put your strength training one click too high and legions of “athletes” will sprain wrists and backs (stands to reason, doesn’t it!). Put your aerobic training one click too high and legions of players will all collapse with ankle and ligament injuries.

Put your fitness training too low and nobody will get properly fit to last the season, or get up to the 90% fitness “necessary” for friendlies.

The assumption here is that the human player should experiment to get the right pre-season training level. This assumes that you and all your staff and players were born yesterday and not a single person at the club has even the first idea of appropriate training levels. Multi-gyms? Free weights? Running tracks? What on earth are they? Let’s take a wild stab in the dark at what we should ask the players to do and see if they all put their backs out or not!

Then, you go into the pre-season-friendly match. It would, of course, be a great idea to have almost-match-fit-for-the-season players (like real life…not! Its partially was pre-season friendlies are for). It would also be a great idea to have little closing down, easy tackling and all the rest of it; why, then, are friendlies configured no differently to a champions league final in the way the ME approaches them, why does the confidence feature treat them in the minds of the fans and the board like vital league games? This FORCES you to take them much more seriously than you should need to.

I don't experience any of this down in the BSN. Also, I arrange plently of friendlies, that helps to get their fitness up better. Don't even adjust the training schedules.

And the fact is, that the number of people complaining is countered by those who think its ok. That surely is realistic in itself? You see some managers complaining others just getting on with it.

But as I said in the other thread - anyone with 5 or more injuries in one match is welcome to send me the pkm for analysis :)

now reading that its as me Angry what a load of rubbish .. it just goes so show that SI dont lisen to its market .. i here this rubbish about realistic .. you guys only use that word when you feel like it .. so i guess not having a club doctor is realistic . and you say the nunmber of complaining is counterred by the others ..well hear this

if there wasnt a lot of injuries in the game ... do you think that people would then be complaining that theres too few .. answer NO

• SI Staff

So what is your point? That we should abolish injuries, or have less than IRL?

Or that we dont spend a good proportion of our time on these forums discussing issues and taking constructive feedback on board?

:(

So what is your point? That we should abolish injuries, or have less than IRL?

Or that we dont spend a good proportion of our time on these forums discussing issues and taking constructive feedback on board?

:(

if there are many of us complaining about injuries then dont use the word realistic ..

because theres many parts of the game that is not realistic . injuries was not a worrie in 9.2.0

so why up them ? why dont leave them as they was .. i didnt see anyone saying that there was too few injuries before .. the main reason for a patch is to FIX not to add

• SI Staff

We didnt "up them". Can you explain why so many people post in these injury threads asking us not to change it?

And I dont for one minute agree with your definition of a patch. I see it as an opportunity for an update, or enhancements, as much as patching.

Like others have said, the amount of injuries is not the fault of the game, but an issue with something you are doing. Something to bear in mind is to reduce the more physically demanding training aspects during the season and focus on lighter stuff such as tactics and ball control.

It seems to me that injuries are perfectly in kilter with real-life injuries. The problem is that too many happen in actual matches. It's how it seems to me, anyway. I often have players coming off injured and they won't have anything long-term, but it's annyoing that you can hardly ever make tactical substitutions.

• SI Staff

The thing is, we have data for training injuries which suggests we are on track.

My suspicion is that certain tactical setups are contributing to increased injuries in match, but these arent neccesarily setups used often by AI teams. I also think human teams tend to ( ultimately ) do well, which leads to lesser sides trying to kick them off the pitch more often.

But as I said, any 5+ injuries in a match pkms are welcome. As yet I think I have received a grand total of one since asking 2-3 weeks ago. I dont want to ask for ones with eg 3 as they can happen IRL ( eg Newcastle - Everton recently ) and therefore are unlikely to prove anything.

We didnt "up them". Can you explain why so many people post in these injury threads asking us not to change it?

And I dont for one minute agree with your definition of a patch. I see it as an opportunity for an update, or enhancements, as much as patching.

injurys and the amount of them are all over this fourm . if you say you didnt up em ..or change anything ...then why defend them by saying its realistic ..i was playing a safed game from 9.2.0 of 5 season . as soon as i patched it to 9.3.0 my injurys allmost went up by 50% now im useing the same coach the same traning ..just added the patch .. so something as been done

• SI Staff

Sorry mate, but people have complained about injuries in EVERY single game we ever released. If 9.3 doesnt work for you then I'd consider going back to 9.2. Otherwise I dont really think I can help further. Perhaps its worth posting on the tactics forums in case people on there have suggestions as to where, if anywhere, you are going wrong.

Cheers,

Paul

Sorry mate, but people have complained about injuries in EVERY single game we ever released. If 9.3 doesnt work for you then I'd consider going back to 9.2. Otherwise I dont really think I can help further. Perhaps its worth posting on the tactics forums in case people on there have suggestions as to where, if anywhere, you are going wrong.

Cheers,

Paul

What i would like to see in a patch is the option to have updates of everything ..but the option not to update the match engine

The thing is, we have data for training injuries which suggests we are on track.

My suspicion is that certain tactical setups are contributing to increased injuries in match, but these arent neccesarily setups used often by AI teams. I also think human teams tend to ( ultimately ) do well, which leads to lesser sides trying to kick them off the pitch more often.

But as I said, any 5+ injuries in a match pkms are welcome. As yet I think I have received a grand total of one since asking 2-3 weeks ago. I dont want to ask for ones with eg 3 as they can happen IRL ( eg Newcastle - Everton recently ) and therefore are unlikely to prove anything.

I certainly don't have any PKMs to provide because I don't have any matches where that kind of occurance has happened. I just find I lose one or two players during the match quite often. Certainly it would seem slightly more often to me.

I also regularly check each week's Champions League results during the group stage, and I've noticed that almost every match seems at least one player go off injured. Now that does seem a bit over the top to me.

I've not seen many of the people who complain say what their training regime is.

Losing games? It's your tactics.

Too many pre-season injuries? It's your training - usually.

In my experience, anyway.

If a few people say there are too many injuries, but others come on and say, "I've managed in L1, Championship, Prem and abroad, but not experienced these issues because I do this ... blah, blah, blah" then doesn't that indicate the problem is with the perception?

Don't forget, West Ham opened their season with 12 registered players injured, Newcastle had 10. 5-6-7 injuries is not unrealistic.

I certainly don't have any PKMs to provide because I don't have any matches where that kind of occurance has happened. I just find I lose one or two players during the match quite often. Certainly it would seem slightly more often to me.

I also regularly check each week's Champions League results during the group stage, and I've noticed that almost every match seems at least one player go off injured. Now that does seem a bit over the top to me.

Lose one or two a game??

What do you mean by lose?

Red cross - carried off, green cross - minor injury, no cross - just a knock and reduced condition.

Personally I rarely have to sub a player thats carried off maybe one in ten games as an estimate. In fact I had a player carried off last night who wasn't even injured after the game.

I was referring to losing players to injury. Happens quite regularly in matches, although they are never long-term injuries. Quite often, they aren't injured at all after the game.

It's a shame that training is so important because it's one of the dullest parts of the game. I usually just use the default setting because I can't be bothered with it.

Losing as in red crosses though, forced to sub?

Or is it a less serious injury that you choose to sub for?

If you don't sub a green cross player he'll be forced to miss games anyway. If a knock takes condition down to 50's or 60's he'll eventually get a green one (or a red) 90% of the time. So ultimately it doesn't really matter which one it is. You'll have to sub if you don't want the player missing any further games.

If you don't sub a green cross player he'll be forced to miss games anyway. If a knock takes condition down to 50's or 60's he'll eventually get a green one (or a red) 90% of the time. So ultimately it doesn't really matter which one it is. You'll have to sub if you don't want the player missing any further games.

Yes a green cross means he'll be missing games but that doesn't mean you have to take him off that game. Although of course you run the risk of him not performing quite as well and also potentially making the injury worse.

As for the knocks I haven't seen a knock turn into green cross in four seasons of 9.3.

Last night I saw a player take an early knock, condition down to 22%. I left him on and by halftime he was upto around 65%. I eventually subbed him off after approx 60mins when his condition was in the 50s.

I often have players with finishing condition in the 60s sometimes 50s but they aren't injured.

I don't experience any of this down in the BSN. Also, I arrange plently of friendlies, that helps to get their fitness up better. Don't even adjust the training schedules.

I was pointing out to a previous poster who advised not playing anyone in pre-season friendlies who were under 90% fit, that when you start a new game it is impossible to do anything else.

Unless you cancel all pre-arranged friendlies and arrange one for a couple of days before the season proper. MAYBE then.

As it is, you HAVE to try and win the things or the board and fans have the raving hump for months. The hints and tips guide and the manual mention the importance of additional fitness training in pre season. Is this yet another thing they’re wrong about?

Full XI with all on 100% condition

Low tempo and rarely closing down tactics

Grand total of "Red Cross" injuries in this one match?

FOUR

Had to make all my subs within the first 32 minutes of the match.

Getting an average of one red cross injury every two games - and 3-4 green cross injuries per match

Training Schedules are those used without any problems in 9.2.0

And people say that it isn't a problem? Give me a break...

Full XI with all on 100% condition

Low tempo and rarely closing down tactics

Grand total of "Red Cross" injuries in this one match?

FOUR

Had to make all my subs within the first 32 minutes of the match.

Getting an average of one red cross injury every two games - and 3-4 green cross injuries per match

Training Schedules are those used without any problems in 9.2.0

And people say that it isn't a problem? Give me a break...

What are your training schedules like? I keep the overal at medium but tweak the important ones, egs, Strikers have high attacking and shooting, but very low defending.

I get very few injuries. Even in preseason, I'm likely to come out with no more than 2 multi-month injuries. My total days lost to injury squad-wide (non-youth-contract) last year (2016/17) was 127, and that includes 60+ days to one player.

Except in preseason, I NEVER start a player at less than 94%. EVERYONE in preseason, everyone who plays at all, is on 45 minute instructions. I sub the entire squad at halftime, and the one extra gets brought in at 65-70.

I will sub the first three players who get below 80% during a non-preseason match. I have been known to push it to 75 if the player is good, the match important, or I'm light in that position.

My training is on left side of the Heavy tick, in medium. I have several different setups, specialized for each position (GK, Def, FB, DM, Mid, Wing, Att) and a few specialties (Playmaker, Setpiecer, Physio). Each setup has the same overall intensity, 1 click below 1 slider-button-thingy-width from heavy. IOW, I can clearly see a small gap between the slider-button-thingy and the tick mark between medium and heavy. Preseason schedule is universal, physio-centric, and lighter overall, solidly mid-medium. Youths have it rough in my world, they have to go with a barely-heavy schedule. Their overall schedules' inensity is on the click that turns the text to Heavy.

Youths get hurt more...

Preseaon training ends Aug 1. Then, everyone goes to their specialty...

I realized something though. I get a lot of injuries in my friendlies, and accepted the fact that it could be due to the players' low condition % (although I don't entirely believe it). But I noticed that if you let your Ass.Man. play the friendlies, you, somehow, get A LOT less injuries...I tried 4 times, same game, same team, same conditions, etc. 2 times I played the 5 friendlies myself and 2 times I let my Ass.man. play them, and I had about twice as many injuries in the 10 games that I played. Also, I started a similar team as he did and subbed a lot more players than he did and made sure no one played with a knock. I know a lot of other factors could've come in, but the difference was really significant.

I also get a lot injuries in regular season too, even though players' conditions are 95%+ and default training. I can accept it and I understand the idea behind it. But the fact that the AI doesn't get half as many injuries is frustrating.

EDIT: Those who say they are rarely getting any injuries, I'd like to know what it is that I'm doing wrong or what are you doing to prevent that (assuming my training is default, and I rarely play players with <95% condition), because I'm really willing to give this game another chance; so much effort has been put into it and it is so deep tactically to just not play it because of injuries.

I realized something though. I get a lot of injuries in my friendlies, and accepted the fact that it could be due to the players' low condition % (although I don't entirely believe it). But I noticed that if you let your Ass.Man. play the friendlies, you, somehow, get A LOT less injuries...I tried 4 times, same game, same team, same conditions, etc. 2 times I played the 5 friendlies myself and 2 times I let my Ass.man. play them, and I had about twice as many injuries in the 10 games that I played. Also, I started a similar team as he did and subbed a lot more players than he did and made sure no one played with a knock. I know a lot of other factors could've come in, but the difference was really significant.

I also get a lot injuries in regular season too, even though players' conditions are 95%+ and default training. I can accept it and I understand the idea behind it. But the fact that the AI doesn't get half as many injuries is frustrating.

Here is the top part of my current Injury Table, gamedate 22/12/2017:

injurytabletop1217.png

Here's the bottom part:

injurytablebotton1217.png

I think the AI gets more injuries than I do...

EDIT: Those who say they are rarely getting any injuries, I'd like to know what it is that I'm doing wrong or what are you doing to prevent that (assuming my training is default, and I rarely play players with <95% condition), because I'm really willing to give this game another chance; so much effort has been put into it and it is so deep tactically to just not play it because of injuries.
I get very few injuries. Even in preseason, I'm likely to come out with no more than 2 multi-month injuries. My total days lost to injury squad-wide (non-youth-contract) last year (2016/17) was 127, and that includes 60+ days to one player.

Except in preseason, I NEVER start a player at less than 94%. EVERYONE in preseason, everyone who plays at all, is on 45 minute instructions. I sub the entire squad at halftime, and the one extra gets brought in at 65-70.

I will sub the first three players who get below 80% during a non-preseason match. I have been known to push it to 75 if the player is good, the match important, or I'm light in that position.

My training is on left side of the Heavy tick, in medium. I have several different setups, specialized for each position (GK, Def, FB, DM, Mid, Wing, Att) and a few specialties (Playmaker, Setpiecer, Physio). Each setup has the same overall intensity, 1 click below 1 slider-button-thingy-width from heavy. IOW, I can clearly see a small gap between the slider-button-thingy and the tick mark between medium and heavy. Preseason schedule is universal, physio-centric, and lighter overall, solidly mid-medium. Youths have it rough in my world, they have to go with a barely-heavy schedule. Their overall schedules' inensity is on the click that turns the text to Heavy.

Youths get hurt more...

Preseaon training ends Aug 1. Then, everyone goes to their specialty...

This really is what I do. Honest. EDIT: Oh, and I use Easy Tacking a fair amount, anytime the ref averages more than 2.5 or so yellows a game. My tactic gets Easy, with strikers and wingers getting OI'd to normal.

Totally agree about injuries, I don't say this much but its kinda ruining the game. It cost me the champions league, 3 injuries (all 1 month or more) in like 50 minutes, and at least an injury every 2 games.....just lost 3 of my best players out for 2+ months this is the final patch yeah? How much testing actually goes on to avoid these kind of issues, seems to arise quite a bit....i love the game but bit disappointing that this seems to always happens.

Totally agree about injuries, I don't say this much but its kinda ruining the game. It cost me the champions league, 3 injuries (all 1 month or more) in like 50 minutes, and at least an injury every 2 games.....just lost 3 of my best players out for 2+ months this is the final patch yeah? How much testing actually goes on to avoid these kind of issues, seems to arise quite a bit....i love the game but bit disappointing that this seems to always happens.

Am I blue in the face yet? Or just ignored?

There was a LOT of testing for 9.3...Over 100 users from these boards for over a month. And, no. Alas, I wasn't one of The Chosen.

It's YOU, not the GAME.

I must say at the moment, I have 5 strikers, and I never ever have more than 2 of them fit to play. It is so frustrating. All the time, I feel like I have to sub my best players if I get to a winning position just to protect them from getting injured. It is ruining my game a little as I am struggling in the bottom half of the table because 9 of my first team are injured. I get about 2 or 3 injuries per game and whilst it is like real life, something I dont ever see that is like real life is for example Bolton in real life sometimes play the same first team for 5 games in a row or something, wheras in FM, the squad will be decimated by injuries and a different XI per game is needed

Archived