Buying David Beckham

Only Seen him sign as a coach so as far as i can see no. The reason for this is that he has a hidden loyalty stat as 20 and i remeber someone from si saying its made so he is nion impossible to sign which was corrent irl when the geam came out :thup:

On the first patch you could sign him right away i remember him going to Aston Villa on one game for 1.8mil in the 1st season and some times he was released by La Galaxy so few teams snapped him up on a free.

But on the latest patch it is almost impossible to get him.

That's odd, I'd never consider Beckham all that loyal, he's certainly proving it now.

like i also said this was correct when the game came out as everyone was under the knowledge that becks would be finishing his days at The Galaxy ;) But Obvo things have changed and i am sure this will be addressed in the 9.0.3 patch :thup:

Woo 600 :thup:

I'd disagree that was true when the game was released (I mean irl, I'm not debating that he has this in game stat). Beckham is all about Beckham.

Fair enough i do agree with you with becks cares only about himself (family maybe ;)) but people where still under the knowledge that he would finish up on a stupid couple of mill (cant remeber how much ) @ the Galaxy a year so he wouldnt leave hench why this loyalty of 20 stat was put in by SI

He can't win when it comes to the bashers, slaters and boo-boys. No matter what he does, even if it's to what they call for, they've still got to twist the knife somehow because they hate him and need someone to pick on - he's an easy target, and they need to get lives.

First people slate him for going to LA Galaxy 'cos "it's all about the money" and that he's "finished" because he's made a mistake.

Then, when he realises his mistake and tries for a better level of football so that he can still be at a level to get England games (which is what a lot of the very same people who originally bashed him started banging on about), they call him "disloyal" for wanting to join Milan. People seem to be forgetting that LA Galaxy agreed the loan deal, Milan didn't steal him, for God's sake! Galaxy knew the risk they were taking, it would be crazy to think anyone would, in footballing terms, rather be at Galaxy than Milan. And yet people slate him for it. I'd like to see those people in his position, which team would you rather be at, even if it was for a huge paycut, I'm pretty sure you'd all choose Milan as well.

If he was selfish and disloyal, he wouldn't have played his heart out for Real Madrid, knowing that he was leaving - if that was Ronaldo in that position, he'd sulk and not bother to try. He was kicked from United (that's right, kicked out - he didn't walk out and sulk because he wanted to play for Madrid... reminds me of Ronaldo again, the very man who replaced him) because Fergie didn't like the whole showbiz style of things that Becks is associated with, although that's more his wife's fault than his own. He also wouldn't be the team player that he is.

He can't win when it comes to the bashers, slaters and boo-boys. No matter what he does, even if it's to what they call for, they've still got to twist the knife somehow because they hate him and need someone to pick on - he's an easy target, and they need to get lives.

First people slate him for going to LA Galaxy 'cos "it's all about the money" and that he's "finished" because he's made a mistake.

Then, when he realises his mistake and tries for a better level of football so that he can still be at a level to get England games (which is what a lot of the very same people who originally bashed him started banging on about), they call him "disloyal" for wanting to join Milan. People seem to be forgetting that LA Galaxy agreed the loan deal, Milan didn't steal him, for God's sake! Galaxy knew the risk they were taking, it would be crazy to think anyone would, in footballing terms, rather be at Galaxy than Milan. And yet people slate him for it. I'd like to see those people in his position, which team would you rather be at, even if it was for a huge paycut, I'm pretty sure you'd all choose Milan as well.

If he was selfish and disloyal, he wouldn't have played his heart out for Real Madrid, knowing that he was leaving - if that was Ronaldo in that position, he'd sulk and not bother to try. He was kicked from United (that's right, kicked out - he didn't walk out and sulk because he wanted to play for Madrid... reminds me of Ronaldo again, the very man who replaced him) because Fergie didn't like the whole showbiz style of things that Becks is associated with, although that's more his wife's fault than his own. He also wouldn't be the team player that he is.

wow to know all that you must be constantly texting him? let's face it you don't know him anymore than we do

are you rebecca loos?

I think he misses the limelight. In Hollywood, he's just another celeb, anywhere else, he's the number one guy. Beckham's in love with being famous.

He signed for another club for money whilst still under contract at Real Madrid, and has now tried to sneak out the back door from LA, very cowardly. Let's not forget he cheated on his wife.

On topic, I am now going to try and sign him, just out of curiosity.

are you rebecca loos?

PMSL haha

But seriously i am not slating beckham i think that david is a great player and i hope he keeps going for a long time i wish he was still in the prem (at united of course) but he aint. But yes he DID make a mistake by going to la galaxy and yes it was because he was offerd more money because if my memory serves me corretly (hey if i am wrong im wrong) but he had offers from many prem sides aswell as italian and spanish sides. And i hope he goes to AC Milan cause it will benifit his career soo much and i hope to see him STARTING games for the england side .

Face it, she is posting in more depth and overall logic than you are.

i didn't exactly slate him i made a comment about him regretting going to la galaxy , i hardly slagged him off

i actually think he is one of the hardest working england players and works twice as hard as them 2 clowns in centre midfield (not naming them but we can all guess) who ironically play alot better for their clubs

as an england fan i actually enjoyed our ass kicking by spain the other night... it actually showed how far we are from actually having team spirit and the ability to win against better than average sides

Wonder where he'll be on 9.3.0.....

Very Good Point Wee Aja because 3 month loans are not worth implamenting i got told some time ago (while enquring about ytfc) but then this is so big is very intresting

on a side note, does having david beckham in ur squad create much more revenue as a side profit? shirt sales etc?

Course it will you will get a news item saying shirt sales boosted by big name signing i guess

I think a few people are missing the fact Beckham TURNED MILAN DOWN before he went to LA.

Whether he has since realised America will never take to football or he just didn't realise how rubbish that particular league is who knows? but the fact is he did turn Milan down originally.

Now I'm not a Beckham fan per se, but I would like to add the following to this discussion:

When Beckham actually moved to LA Galaxy I was in New York and I really cannot describe how excited everybody was about Beckham coming to their league. Both fans and big fat rich board members alike. They really, really thought Beckham, what with his fame and skills and all, was going to take the MLS to a higher level, and Beckham really, really thought he was going to be able to do that.

From that point of view I can see why he signed for LA Galaxy, it must have been a great challenge in his eyes at that particular moment. I suppose it must be really flattering to see that an entire nation (and not the smallest nation in the world) is rocking on its very foundations (which it was, I was an eye-witness) simply because you are going to work there.

I think he's finally grown a pair, woke up one day and said "WOW, this league is appauling. I'm off to Milan. See you in a year wifey."

It's what he needs to do if he wants to continue playing for England. I forgot what his former team was called anyway... PA Galaxic or LA Milky Way or something. Who cares.

I think we can all agree that marrying that Victoria was the worst thing to happen to his footballing career, had it not been for her, he wouldnt have his showbiz lyfestyle or the need to advertise pens when he is out of the limelight!

Without victoria, he would probably still be at man utd, he would probably be first choice right winger despite his age and he would be more popular for his football than his private life.

I have said he would probably still be at man utd but im not at all sure if it would have been the case had ronaldo still come to the team, although fergie would have played him left

I agree with the 20 loyalty stat for Beckham- he only left Man U ( the club of his dreams) because Ferguson called him a ****/ he called Fergie a **** etc etc. Again, he only left Real Madrid because Capello made it clear that he wasn't wanted. Thought I'd clear that up. May not be to everyone's taste but the man is ultimately professional.

He signed for another club for money whilst still under contract at Real Madrid, and has now tried to sneak out the back door from LA, very cowardly.

wasnt his contract running out at madrid and was able to speak to other clubs = no money changed hands surely..?

I think he misses the limelight. In Hollywood, he's just another celeb, anywhere else, he's the number one guy. Beckham's in love with being famous.

He signed for another club for money whilst still under contract at Real Madrid, and has now tried to sneak out the back door from LA, very cowardly. Let's not forget he cheated on his wife.

On topic, I am now going to try and sign him, just out of curiosity.

That's a bit stupid don't you think?

He fell out of favour with Capello at the time, and then the sporting director at Real Madrid said that his contact was not going to be renewed, so he was able to talk to clubs.

And as for the sneaking out of the back door from LA? Now that is plain stupid, the season doesn't start until April, and in that time England have a few games to play, and, with being back in favour with the England set up, it was recommended that he moves on loan to keep his fitness levels up, he moved to play football, not because he wanted to get out.

Archived