FMS Community Thread Mk II

Terk

CAMRAD has no future.

It will not be a success.

I cannot stand for people trying to move back to the dark ages of 2D. I won't let it happen.

As a race, we humans must always strive to move forwards. CAMRAD is a bad thing.

You're actually using a humorous discussion about the shape of a 2-dimensional sprite in a computer game as an example of humans not socially and technologically progressing?

Seriously?!

^^

You strange, strange man!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recently I've been playing 01/02 due to the immensely poor speed of 09, which I'm attributing mainly to the 3D pitch. Yes, it's a fantastic idea, but it's not quite there yet IMO, and my personal inability to run more than a couple of leagues on my laptop kills the enjoyment. On the other hand, more processing time seems to = more revision done, so I guess each side has it's advantages!

Just recently I've been playing 01/02 due to the immensely poor speed of 09, which I'm attributing mainly to the 3D pitch. Yes, it's a fantastic idea, but it's not quite there yet IMO, and my personal inability to run more than a couple of leagues on my laptop kills the enjoyment. On the other hand, more processing time seems to = more revision done, so I guess each side has it's advantages!

Slow processing speed is a HUGE bonus with an FM game. Once I moved to a newer computer, my ability to get study done while alt-tabbing out of FM was drastically reduced due to the fact that the computer processed information so quickly.

I had to resort to loading a rather stupidly large number of leagues and running them on full detail on purpose in order to make sure that my grades didn't slip in my last two years of uni! :D

You're actually using a humorous discussion about the shape of a 2-dimensional sprite in a computer game as an example of humans not socially and technologically progressing?

Seriously?!

^^

You strange, strange man!

Was being ironic :o

Excellent stuff from Werder Bremen :) Just as well because it is their only route into Europe for next season. Silly silly Diego :( As for Hugo Almeida, what a freakin' pleb. You've got to be a few bricks short of a house to go and get yourself booked for a pointless bit of dissent or arguing with an opponent as you take the ball down to the corner flag in the 93rd minute when it means he'll miss the final too!

Quick joke...I mean true story***

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot barman. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and then asks him, "What's your IQ?" The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink and asks him "What's your IQ?" The man responds, "about a 100". Immediately the robot starts talking but this time, about football, cricket, supermodels, favorite fast foods, cars, and women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one more test. He returns, the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?" The man replies "Er, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly...

....so are you gettin your Liverpool season ticket again this year ...

Quick question guys, but its about Scottish european qualification. If a side reaches the League Cup final and loses to say, Celtic, who then win their league, will the runners up in the league cup get europe? Or is it just for the Scottish Cup?

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot barman. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail' date=' and then asks him, "What's your IQ?" The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink and asks him "What's your IQ?" The man responds, "about a 100". Immediately the robot starts talking but this time, about football, cricket, supermodels, favorite fast foods, cars, and women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one more test. He returns, the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?" The man replies "Er, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly..

..so are you gettin your Liverpool season ticket again this year ...[/quote']

. :thup:

Quick question guys, but its about Scottish european qualification. If a side reaches the League Cup final and loses to say, Celtic, who then win their league, will the runners up in the league cup get europe? Or is it just for the Scottish Cup?

Not even the winner of the Scottish League Cup gets automatic European qualification :thdn:. The winner of the Scottish Cup gets through if they don't otherwise but never the runner-up for that, either.

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot barman. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail' date=' and then asks him, "What's your IQ?" The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

And the robot says... real slowly...

....so are you gettin your Liverpool season ticket again this year ...[/quote']

I supposed thats one way to get yourself banned, especially with the Main moderator being a Liverpool fan ....lol

Not even the winner of the Scottish League Cup gets automatic European qualification :thdn:. The winner of the Scottish Cup gets through if they don't otherwise but never the runner-up for that, either.

Actually I think the runners up in the Scottish Cup do get the Europa League place as there has been discussions as to whether Falkirk deserve the place over the team in 5th as Rangers are already in the Champ League Qualifying Rounds and Falkirk may be not be the best option for the Scottish Co-Efficient ratings, but as far as I am aware no European places are decided through the League Cup

I'd get banned for that :confused:

Tis a joke?

Mark was making a funny of his own. I regularly threaten to ban people for being Evertonians, writing Man Utd stories, etc. Mark came closest to making me actually pull the trigger when he signed Mickey Owen for Man Utd :p

Actually I think the runners up in the Scottish Cup do get the Europa League place as there has been discussions as to whether Falkirk deserve the place over the team in 5th as Rangers are already in the Champ League Qualifying Rounds and Falkirk may be not be the best option for the Scottish Co-Efficient ratings, but as far as I am aware no European places are decided through the League Cup
In what I think is a great move, the Scottish Football Association has removed one of the back-door ways of getting into European competition. The winner of the Scottish Cup currently gets Scotland’s second UEFA Cup spot, but in the event that the winner has already qualified for Europe, which is quite likely considering the Old Firm’s record in the tournament, the runner-up is given the spot instead. ... Now, if the Cup winner has already otherwise qualified, the fourth-place team in the final SPL standings will get the nod.
From here - I should have elaborated, however, that this is the last season that the runners-up can qualify for the Europa League.

Edit: I did say 'never', bizzarely, when it has happened but has only recently stopped happening :p.

Mark was making a funny of his own. I regularly threaten to ban people for being Evertonians, writing Man Utd stories, etc. Mark came closest to making me actually pull the trigger when he signed Mickey Owen for Man Utd :p

Bugger didn't realise I was that close,,, good job I didn't carry on with my new Man.Utd story lol

:(:(:(

*Cry*

The bit about being England captain was all I could object to, as all Scousers do steal hubcaps :)

We generally steal the things attached to the hubcaps as well.

You know, the watches on the wrists of the other Scouser trying to rob the hubcap at the same time.

More pointless drovel I've just done :)

My player of the year Nominations would of been:

Steven Gerrard

Mr Liverpool has, as always, been fantastic. He can pick a pass, he can blaze a shot in from thirty yards and along with Jamie Carragher he single handedly won virtually all of Liverpool's games this season. Especially their stunning victory over Man Utd. Stevie G is not only a fantastic player he's also a fantastic example to the youngsters. In an age where foreigners will go down at the slightest hint of a touch Gerrard proves you don't have to dive to win matches. He's as honest as every good Scouser.

John Terry

If I didn't know better I'd swear John Terry was made entirely of grit. But I do know better. He's 50% grit, 50% determination and 50% hard work. Which all adds to 100% English lion. He's also the England captain which is fantastic, maybe by the next World Cup we'll be able to field an entire team of John Terry's. We'd be unbeatable, plus we wouldn't ever have the problem of having a player sent off because all referees know you can't send off the England captain.

Rio Ferdinand

A lot of people bemoan the loss of the beautiful game but I don't think anyone can question Ferdinand's beauty. But never let it be said he doesn't know how to win ugly. In fact he's taken over from Steve Bruce in the Man Utd defence in that department. And I can think of no higher compliment.

Ryan Giggs

He's old, so he deserves a mention.

Robbie Keane

You may be able to spot the major difference between Keane and the other nominees, he's the only one who isn't one of the big four. But it's about time one of them gave him a chance, he'd set the premiership alight at one of the big clubs. However he does fit in to the list in another respect he's a true British great. In fact I don't think anyone would be offended if I said he was as English as Oliver Cromwell.

So there you have it. My nominees for Player of the Year and unlike the so called 'official' awards these ones aren't ruined by a bunch of foreign fancy dan players ruining our game with their skill, precision and ability. What place do attributes like that have in a player of the year competition? No one ever won a match by playing good football.

Disagree with Keane and Terry, and Giggs despite the fact he won it. I like Keane but he hasn't done it this year to be fair.

For me it's

Steven Gerrard

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

Rio Ferdinand

Fernando Torres

3 Man Utd and 2 Liverpool... and I'm an Everton fan; hows that for lack of bias!

Torres hasn't played enough and Alonso should be on that list.

And TPF, the first few times your punditry was funny. Getting a bit old now. But maybe that's just me being grumpy again.

Torres hasn't played enough and Alonso should be on that list.

And TPF, the first few times your punditry was funny. Getting a bit old now. But maybe that's just me being grumpy again.

Okay, I'll stop now ;) I need to do something revisionating anyway.

Can tell the person above didn't really read it anyway :p

Okay' date=' I'll stop now ;) I need to do something revisionating anyway.

Can tell the person above didn't really read it anyway :p[/quote']

I clearly did.

And I also read your others. I disagreed about your Keane comment in regards to Liverpool "slumping" in the second half of the season too (in the old thread) - mostly because Liverpool haven't slumped at all!

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean the person isn't appreciating your view, my friend!

I enjoyed the way that half the people thought that you were being serious...

From a Barnet fan (with unapologetic leanings towards Liverpool):

Darren Fletcher

Phil Jagielka

Xabi Alonso

Danny Murphy

Brede Hangeland

YPOTY

Ashley Young

Jack Collison

Jack Rodwell

I enjoyed the way that half the people thought that you were being serious...

Ohhhh it was sarcasm? ^^

I just thought it was a really strange judgment of things.

Yup, that flew wayyyyy over my head! :D

YPOTY

Ashley Young

Jack Collison

Jack Rodwell

Please tell me you're not being serious with that? You've missed one key name out on that list - Stephen Ireland. Unlike his more illustrious team-mates such as Robinho and Elano, Ireland has always put in his shift and was absolutely lethal against Hull at Eastlands (I wish he hadn't been, though :()

And I'd say Jonathon Evans deserved his place on the official shortlist for the YPOTY - whenever Ferdinand or Vidic were injured/suspended, Evans admirably filled in the gap and performed very well. Yes, he's not the same quality as Vidic or Ferdiand - but given the opportunity, I reckon he could be just as good.

I was serious - but I knew there was one name I was missing. Ireland has been fantastic this season, and tbh should be winning it. Jonny Evans has played OK, but not on as a regular basis or as well as either Ireland or Rodwell.

Ohhhh it was sarcasm? ^^

I just thought it was a really strange judgment of things.

Yup, that flew wayyyyy over my head! :D

Sorry, I thought it was quite obvious it was Sarcasm and contradictions and what not that you just didn't read it and read the nominations :p

My actual real nominations:

Rio Ferdinand

Nemenja Vidic

Steven Gerrard

Frank Lampard

Phil Jagielka

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Probably in that order.

Young player:

Stephen Ireland

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Ashley Young

Jonny Evans

Aaron Lennon

Jack Collison

From here - I should have elaborated, however, that this is the last season that the runners-up can qualify for the Europa League.

Edit: I did say 'never', bizzarely, when it has happened but has only recently stopped happening :p.

Associations can nominate how they want to give out their European spots now apparantely. While England has decided to do away with giving it to the FA Cup losers (no more Millwall in Europe), Scotland has decided to stick with it.

Associations can nominate how they want to give out their European spots now apparantely.

They have always been able to do that, which was why there was such a fuss when Liverpool won. The FA chose Everton over Liverpool, and UEFA begrudgingly let Liverpool in by default.

Just a quick note for those of you that remember me.

I have cancer. No its not a joke (it would be in poor taste if it was). I had a stomach tumour which was removed surgically and it was then discovered that i have lymph cancer. This was 10 days ago. I will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. They say it isnt very bad and that i have a 70% survival chance (I dunno how they enumerate it). Its supposed to be rare for a 16 year old to get it but what the **** does that mean now? I will not be able to post regularly, if at all, and I want you guys to know that you are great friends. You guys have made me check for updates on your stories during the most trying of circumstances (not sure whether that is a good thing though), made me laugh, made me angry and widened my horizons. Thanks.

I say with the utmost sincereness

:thup:

Well, that's quite shocking news to hear. Explains your absence too.

Having gone through a tough time medically as well, I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll pull through. Be strong.

:thup:

I sincerely wish you the very best, milanfan. I have a relative who survived cancer, and it may sound cliched, and she said the best thing she did was attack it with a positive attitude. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do that, but I hope you beat it and can return to some semblance of normality.

Archived