The FM08 Career Thread

Started this challenge last night . Unemployed with reputation of sunday league footballer . I had to wait until March 08 before i was offerd a job , Braintree were lying 20th in the BSS after 32 games . I decided to accept the challenge of a 2 yr contract on £160 pw.

Begain by sorting my squad out and taking everyone off the transfer list as i will give all my players the chance to impress me .

Signed a ex wimbledon defender/midfeidler on a free , aswell as 2 loan signings.

Started off with a unlucky 2-1 defeat away to Thurrock , however i quickly got over this by my team putting in a excellent preformance against relegation rivals Eastbourne , i won 2-0 and was delighted as this took me to 19th and out of the relegation zone .

I have 8 games left and my team is sitting on 35 points , my aim is 45 points , which should keep us up . :thup:

Sounds good to me, hope you survive and KUTGW :thup:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed t keep Braqintree up , however i only had the english and scottish leagues loaded . so i have started again , with all engalnd and scotland , and the top leagues in france , italy , spain , germnay , holland and portugal .

start unemployed with rep as sunday league footballer , with the aim of taking control of a 'big' club

Just started a career game, in Asia.

Have played Europe and South America before but Asia is a new challenge to me.

Running all Asian leagues (including J-League patch) and Austrialia on full.

Brazilian, English, Italian and Spanish top divisions on view only.

Started in Hong Kong at a club called Workable. Looks like a very low standard so will be difficult.

One thing I have noticed though, is that the Singapore Under 18's and Under 17's national sides are MANAGABLE in the Singapore Reserve and Youth leagues. Surely the only team in the world you can manage at that level! Could be a very interesting challenge for someone out there!

After such good start to the season with Baktalórántháza it certainly didn't surprise me to see us go downhill fairly quickly, we lost 2 games in a row before entering our cup tie against premier league opposition. Having slipped to 6th in the league confidence was not particularly high but somehow we came out with a 2-1 win. We seemed to take confidence from our "giant killing" exploits and our league form picked up and by the time our next cup game came around we were still sitting comfortably in 4th position. A two legged affair with our parent club MTK did not end happily as we lost both legs by a goal, the first 1-0 and the second 1-2.

As far as I was concerned that was our only hope of silverware over, we didn't stand much chance of winning the league and now we would have to concentrate solely on finishing as high as possible. We won our final game before the winter break and I was happy to still be sitting 4th in the league. During the transfer window I only felt the need to make one signing and it was a striker on loan from MTK, I felt although we were doing well if one of my current strikers was injured we could be in trouble so I signed this man : http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-15-2008_10-36-49.jpg

We went on an unbeaten run when the football restarted and after 7 games without a loss and 4 straight wins we were sitting 3rd in the table despite losing our streak to the league leaders. With only 4/5 games to go it looked like 2nd was the very best we could hope for. We responded perfectly to our loss to the leaders with back to back 3-0 wins and sat just 2 points off second place with the champions having already been crowned. Next up we smashed 4 past our opposition without conceding and were looking like real challengers for 2nd but were brought back down to earth after a 4-3 defeat in our next match which left us with no chance of second place going into the last game. Providing we won we'd finish 3rd but a loss could see us end up 5th which would still be a very good result for us but considering how good we've been it would seem a little unfair. A comfortable 3-0 win in the last game saw us claim a well deserved 3rd place and record the highest finish in the clubs history.

Having been predicted 11th at the start of the season I was delighted not to have dropped out of the top 7 in the entire season and am very pleased with our efforts this season. Unfortunately we don't have the funds to improve our squad and I'm going to have to rely heavily on free transfers.

League Table - http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-15-2008_13-31-51.jpg

Graph - http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-15-2008_13-31-57.jpg

Third place in player of the season - http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-15-2008_13-31-10.jpg

I'm not convinced I can turn this club into one capable of winning the league and despite our impressive season I'm not too confident that we'll be able to repeat the performance next year so I won't say for definite that I'll be hear next season, if the right job comes up I may have to jump ship.

We've just beaten Telford 3-1 at home, with 2 goals from our classy winger Gareth Evans, and one from our other winger Richard Chetcuti. Then, away from home we managed to steal a narrow 2-1 win with a last minute winner from Udoji our centre back, and in the 56th minute we equalised with Matty Richie, one of our star performers. So we've now got to play Altrincham in the play-off final. :p

A goal from our top scorer of the season Joshua Home-Jackson was enough for us to edge off Altrincham in a 1-0 win. Which means my Leigh side have been promoted :D. Hopefully I can get us into League 2 before too long. Our squad average age is currently 21 but we have a squad worthy of any Blue Square Premier side in my opinion.

My Career:

Year        Club                   League                      Finished                  extra info
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007/08     Ben Hur                Argentine 2nd Division      17th                      Joined 29th April when in relegation zone, 
                                                                                        so Saved us from relegation. resigned. 
                                                                                        Joined LRMI shortly afterwards.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008/09     Leigh RMI              Blue Square South           3rd                       Promoted through play-offs!

New Career:

First time I have had a go at this thread so excuse me that I have already accepted a job before posting my profile shot: http://i33.tinypic.com/2qwptht.jpg

I setup a game with England, France, Germany, Italy, Holand, Portugal, Scotland and Spain with all possible div's playable - I set myself to be a sunday league footballer and just went on holiday to see what will happen.

As you can see from the screen shot I got hired by Portuguese 2nd Div (b) outfit Esmoriz. I have inherited a quite tragic situation being predicted a 6th position and being rock bottom with no wins in 13 games: http://i33.tinypic.com/2q9icuf.jpg

first job is to get rid of some of this GIGANTIC squad i have, then try and avoid relegation. After that try and impress my way onto a bigger job I suppose. I figure this is a career, I'm not averse to changing jobs as apposed to taking one club to glory.

So off I go!

Awesome to see the thread in full swing :thup: But I'll have to catch up with everything later. My internet at home is borked until KC pull their fingers out and fix it, so I shall be absent a while.

Does mean that when I do finally get back on line properly (stealing the internet at work doesn't count :) ) then I'll have two seasons of FC Sochaux to update as well as a World Cup Campaign with the DR of Congo!

Good luck everyone!

Macclesfield - Coca Cola League One 2017-2018

Media Prediction: 18th

Transfer Budget: 225k

Transfers

This season saw the return of Nile Ranger on a free transfer from Sheff Wed. The nostalgia soon disappeared as he failed to make the grade and only featured a handful of times. This was partly due to the loan signing of Luke Horwood from Wolves and the capture of Sam Jerome from Leeds for 150k. Paul Hemmings was the only other signing to regularly force his way into the matchday squad.

Two new goalkeepers were signed in Lucas Garrault and Juan Pablo Navarro. These ended up being adequate replacements for the departing Lee Clarke and Stuart Tomlinson.

Jevtic, Christophe and Oxley also left on frees, with Jevtic being the most disappointing exit. Luke Ashworth was no longer essential to the team and he was allowed to leave for 600k.

January saw the two major losses. Gavin Holmes and Tom Taiwo had both refused to renew their contracts and so both were sold for whatever i could get.

Transfers

League

The league campaign was promosing yet ultimately dissapointing. We were always within touching distance of the playoffs and usually had a game in hand. However, we just couldnt quite keep up and lost crucial games late in the season. We ended up in 10th and given all the comings and goings this season, i am quite happy with that.

Cups

League Cup:Quarter Final (Knocked out by Newcastle)

FA Cup:2nd Round (Knocked out by Northampton)

Johnstones Paint Trophy:Final(Beaten by Reading)

A fantastic season in the cups again ended without a trophy. I guided Macclesfield to their 3rd JPT Final in 4 seasons but again we fell at the final hurdle. This time it was Reading who proved to be too strong. The highlight of the season however, was our run to the quarters of the league cup, beating Premiership opposition in Leicester and Preston on the way. Eventual winners Newcastle finished 2nd in the Premierhip this season and they proved too strong, knocking us out 3-0.

Summary

There were lots of changes as many players were unhappy at the club. This looks set to continue as a couple of other players do not currently want to renew their current deals. However, we are heading in the right direction and our financial postion is such that we do not have to sell. I am getting restless though and i may have to move on if the right opportunity becomes available.

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Find replacements for all first teamers that leave - ACHIEVED

- Finish in the top half of the table - ACHIEVED

- Reach the area final of the JPT - ACHIEVED

Next seasons aims

- Make the playoffs

- Reach the final of the JPT

- Make the 4th Round of a major cup

- Aim to be in the Championship by the end of the season, whether that is with Macclesfield or not

Career so far

2007-2008 Stafford Rangers BSP - 16th (Took over in March)

2008-2009 Stafford Rangers BSP - 12th

2009-2010 Stafford Rangers BSP - 13th

2010-2011 Macclesfield BSP - 4th (Took over in October, beaten in playoff semi)

2011-2012 Macclesfield BSP - 2nd (Playoff winners)

2012-2013 Macclesfield League 2 - 15th

2013-2014 Macclesfield League 2 - 22nd

2014-2015 Macclesfield League 2 - 2nd (Promoted)

2015-2016 Macclesfield League 1 - 16th

2016-2017 Macclesfield League 1 - 12th

2017-2018 Macclesfield League 1 - 10th

Honours

2010 Setanta Shield winners (Stafford)

2012 BSP Playoff Winners (Macclesfield)

2015 League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2015 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2016 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2018 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

Nice season Adam C. On a side note, I remember having a player called Joshua Home-Jackson in my u18 or reserve side at Sunderland on FM07, did your guy used to be at Sunderland?

I've checked and yes he played for Sunderland in 2006/07 and did On my game until end of season 2008/2009. When they released him and I signed him up and he scored 19 league goals last season, easily worth £0. bargain.

After a season of struggle, my Leigh side obvioiusely was not up to standards in the Blue Suare Premier even with the heavy amount of signings, (8). But somehow we came in 20th and survived via goal difference. We needed to improve next season. We were lucky this this season so we will need heavy improvements to get into mid-table obscurity next season.

MY CAREER

My Career:

Year        Club                   League                      Finished                  extra info
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007/08     Ben Hur                Argentine 2nd Division      17th                      Joined 29th April when in relegation zone, 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008/09     Leigh RMI              Blue Square South           3rd                       Promoted through play-offs!
2009/10     Leigh RMI              Ble Square Premier          20th                      Fluked survival

Started unemployed with sunday league footballer reputation . loaded all the english and scottish leagues , with the top leagues of itlay , france , spain , germany and holland on view only.

after applying for numerous jobs , i was finally offerd the hayes and yeading job in the BSS . they were sitting just above the relegation zone in 19th

I began by immedietly getting some quality players in on loan , opinel and mccarthy (burton) . began with a dissapointing 3-1 defeat at home to havant and waterloovile , however they were 4th in the league . i followed that with a 1-0 victory of thurrock at home .

Up next was a away game against the league leaders lewes . 0-0 at half time , however on 50 minutes a mistake by my left back opinol resulted in lewes taking the lead , i resulted to 4-4-2 in the last 20 minutes , however could not find a goal , add to that my top socrer with 17 goals was injured and will now miss the rest of the season.

My fourth game in charge again resulted in a 1-0 victory , with my sub forward scoring the winner in the last 5 minutes , i went ultra defensive and hung on to an important victory .

36 games played and 42 points , lying in 17th in the league , 2 points above the relegation places ,

Next up , and away game to Bath , who are second in the league .

Right, earlier than planned, here is my season review.

2013/14

The season for me pretty much began on 1st January 2014. I was manager of Finland and playing the odd meaningless friendly when I started to become linked to jobs. I became the frontrunner of the Istres job in France after they had just had a board takeover and sacked their manager. I declined to comment, as I was happy just at Finland, but they soon offered me the job and I decided to accept.

As the transfer window had just begun I brought in a number of players just to make the squad bigger, including one of the best young Finnish players around in 18 year old Ari Forsstrom. They were in mid-table when I found them and that is where they finished, in 9th position in Ligue 2 Orange. An awful lot of players are coming in on frees in the summer, including 2 midfielders from Morrocco (back when i managed them) and Young Boys young goalkeeper Hermann Fischer, who came in on loan at the end of the year. The problem with this is that the wage bill is alarmingly bad and a lot of fringe players have to go. If I'm still there....

I say this because after a poor African Cup Of Nations Ghana sacked their manager and, being in the World Cup, I applied and got it. So, a decent World Cup and my rep should absolutely soar. Just being Ghana manager has got me repeatedly linked to the Basel job in Switzerland (if you don't know, one of the best sides in Switzerland) so who knows what the future holds?

A year of hurt for Leigh... We played poor in the league, and in the cups... We could only get 2 players in which wasn't enough, We finished 21st and I felt I had done all i could at the club. I left and soon got offered the Dorchester job in the Blue Square South which I accepted. After this job I'm hoping for a move abroad.

My Career

2009/10     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         20th                     Fluked survival
2010/11     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         21st                     Relegated and resigned and became Dorchester boss.

By the way, the reason why I finish my seasons quickly is because I holiday between games a lot of the time.

Macclesfield - Coca Cola League One 2018-2019

Media Prediction: 13th

Transfer Budget: £1.1mil

Transfers

There were big changes at Macclesfield as i looked to offload ageing players and bring down the average age. Gary Joseph and Jay Spearing did not have their contracts renewed and left back Robbie Williams retired. Surprisingly, Notts Forest bid 500k for Nile Ranger, a player who had sat on my bench for the whole of the previous season. He was allowed to leave and he contined his bench warming status, not featuring in any league games for his new team this season. This was partly to another new signing at Forest. Just days after signing Ranger, Forest bid for star striker Kieran Agard and he was also allowed to leave. Gavin Donaghue was also sold before the end of August and Sam Jerome left in January.

I had to look further afield to replace them, searching through u21 sides and lower league sides abroad for players my assistant thought were 'quality signings'. After bringing in a few players on trial, 5 signings were made in the summer. Florea and Casali were brought in upfront while Kalnins and David Hall solved our problems on the right. Edson Viera was the 5th signing.

In January, 3 more players joined. Martin Pedersen was signed on a free on my assistants advice but failed to make the first eleven. As a result, he was loaned out to PSG for most of the season. Jan Valenta was brought in from Aldershot as he is tipped to improve. My major signing was left winger Roberto Greco. His contract ended in the summer and he was another player tipped to sign at any cost so I put in a small bid to bring him to Macclesfield without any competition.

Transfers

League

The season started badly as we lost our first two games. From then on, we were a lot better and rose up the table in an extremely close league. In December, we were one of four teams level at the top of the table. We continued to improve and automatic promotion looked a real possibility. Going into February, it was a three horse race between ourselves, Sheff Utd and Millwall. A great run of form allowed us to push on and open up a small gap at the top and promotion was won with a 1-0 win at Ipswich in our 44th game.

Next up was 2nd placed Sheff Utd. A draw would secure us the title but we ended up going down 3-0 in an extremely poor game. So it went down to the final game of the season where a 5-0 demolition against Oxford meant we were champions.

Cups

League Cup:4th Round (Knocked out by Bolton)

FA Cup:2nd Round (Knocked out by Rotherham)

Johnstones Paint Trophy:Quarter Finals (Knocked out by Crewe on penalties)

With such a fantastic season in the league, the cups are quite insignificant. The highlight was a decent run in the league cup where we eventually got knocked out 1-0 by Bolton in a game we should have won.

Summary

We have finally won promotion in what i expected to be m last season at Macclesfield. I now must decide whether to stay and have a go at the Championship or look for a more high profile job. I have been linked with the Leeds job and i would find it hard to say no to that. However, i have a good young squad here and I think we could push on and really be a force in the Championship in a relatively short amount of time. A lot will depend on the board and whether they have the ambition to really go for it by expanding the stadium, improving facilities and giving me a decent transfer budget.

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Make the playoffs - ACHIEVED

- Reach the final of the JPT - FAILED

- Make the 4th Round of a major cup - ACHIEVED

- Aim to be in the Championship by the end of the season, whether that is with Macclesfield or not - ACHIEVED

Next seasons aims

- Consolidate with Macclesfield or look for a job elsewhere

- Reach the Quarter Final of a cup

Career so far

2018-2019 Macclesfield League 1 - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

Honours

2015 Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2019 Coca Cola League 1 Winners (Macclesfield)

My World Cup dream is over with Ghana.

The Group

Chile

France

Ghana

Mexico

The group was drawn before I arrived.

The first game was against Mexico, which was also my first game in charge for Ghana. We played very poorly and went down 2-0 with central defender Godwin Antwi getting sent off to compound the misery. With France next up, I was very pessimistic. France beat Chile 3-2 in the other fixture.

We fell behind within 2 minutes to France through Franck Ribery, and things were not looking good, until suddenly my strikers started playing out of their skin. A hat-trick from Asamoah Gyan and another goal from strike partner Kwabena Agouda followed by a late consolation for Trezeguet made it 4-2 final score to us!

With Mexico beating Chile in the other game, it would take something special for both countries to (fail to) qualify. So it was between us and France, with me having a slightly better goal difference and the easier fixture.

On 33 minutes, Chile scored and I was worried with it still at 0-0 in the other game. But an incredible recovery saw us 3-1 up by half time. 2 more goals for Gyan and another for early sub Stephen Appiah (currently at West Brom!). The second half was pretty even, but we well and truly sealed it late on when sub Andre Ayew made it 4-1. In the end we could've drawn anyway as it finished Mexico 0-0 France.

In the second round we were to face South Korea, who had prevailed with USA in a group with Argentina and Portugal, so I knew it would be tough. They had the better of the first half, but it remained goalless. We had the better of the second half, it remained goalless. So extra time we would have and we started to dominate, until an absolute suckerpunch with a grey midfielder scoring a free-kick near half time in extra time. We couldn't find the equaliser and were knocked out.

Absolutely gutted. I was thinking we could go far after the performances against France and Chile but were undone by that free-kick. It was one of them annoying ones that tthe whole rest of the team stayed back and you just knew it was going to go in. They went on to lose 4-0 to Columbia in the 1/4 finals. Back to Istres for me then.

Cheers robbo3d, I did get relegated after that season though. But my Dorchester team look like we could be winning the Blue Square South or at least getting play-offs :)

And well done on promotion :thup: If I were you I'd stay for at least another year after getting them into the championship

Sorry, as i said, i hadnt had chance to go through the whole thread so hadnt yet read about your relegation season. Hows it going with Dorchester? I'm afraid the choice was took out of my hands. Both the Lazio and Zenit St Petersburg managers were sacked and i was linked with both. They were too good an opportunity to turn down so I applied for both and was subsequently sacked. And both clubs turned me down too!

I took over at Kuban in the Russian First Division. They were tipped for promotion but were down in 14th when i took over midway through the Russian season. Just finished the season... report to come.

Ouch, unlucky robbo3d, but still good signs for the future if your actually linked with jobs like Zenit St Petersburg. Good luck with Kuban though :thup:

With Dorchester I'm currently actually very far in the season. And after 34 of 42 games I'm sitting nicely in 1st 3 points ahead of 2nd and 7 ahead of 3rd.

Kuban - Russian First Division - 2019

Media Prediction: 2nd

Transfer Budget: £6.8mill

League position before I took over: 14th (After 21 games)

After applying for other jobs, I was sacked by Macclesfield. I wasted no time getting back into the hotseat by taking over at Kuban in the Russian First Division. They were tipped for promotion and had real potential with a big ground and fan base and a large transfer budget.

Transfers

Fortunately, i took over in the transfer window so was able to bring in a few players to help the club forward. The original squad was a lot worse than my Macclesfield team had been and with only 3 foreign players allowed, I had to try to find the best Russian talent available. This proved difficult but I did manage to bring in Kadushkin, Zhdanov, Galat and Kharitonov to improve the first eleven along with young prospect Tolmachev from Spartak Moscow. Arguably my two best signings were foreign. Ivanov and Rajkovic have been particularly impressive.

Of the original squad, there are no players that I am particularly happy with so I was happy to let almost any player go when bids came in.

Transfers

League

When I took over, the club were in 14th and 13 points from second but they had won their last two matches so there were some positive signs. Things looked even better as I won my first five matches and Kuban stormed into the top half of the table. From then on, things continued to go well and going into the final two games, I had only failed to win three times. My only defeat was to Champions Torpedo Moscow. This had allowed me to catch up to the top teams and force my way into the top 2. Moscow already had the league won but I could join them in the Premier Division with a win at 4th placed Ural. I was expecting a close match but I had the match won at half time, eventually winning 9-0! I had won promotion and I had done it in style. This was one of my greatest achievements in this career to date as I was able to achieve instant success - something that I have been unable to achieve elsewhere. However, with the resources available it was also one of the easiest. Next season will be a bigger challenge.

Table

Cups

Russian Cup: 6th Round (Knocked out by Lokomotiv Moscow)

EURO Cup: 1st Round (Knocked out by Red Star Belgrade)

Earlier in the season, Kuban had won the Russian Cup, earning them a place in Europe. It wasnt to last long though as a superior Red Star knocked us out with two comfortable 2-0 wins. The Russian Cup was no better and I was knocked out at the first hurdle.

Summary

Leaving Macclesfield for Russia brings a different challenge as I must rely predominantly on Russian talent. This season was spectacular but i dont know if I will be able to attract sufficent talent to compete at a higher level.

Squad

Last seasons aims

N/A Next seasons aims

- Consolidate in the Premier Divison

- Make it through to the next stage of the Russian Cup

Career so far

2018-2019 Macclesfield League 1 - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

2019 Kuban Russian First Division - 2nd (Took over in August, Promoted)

Honours

2015 Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2019 Coca Cola League 1 Winners (Macclesfield)

2019 Russian First Division Runners Up (Kuban)

Cheers. At least I am allowed a couple more foreigners next season. I just cant find that many quality Russians that want to come to me. They are already at the big clubs and dont want to leave to come to a newly promoted side. Are you still top?

Lol, just as I read your message, I won the game which confirmed I am champions of the Blue Square South. We went on some unstoppable form near the end of the season which saw us lift the title wiith 2 games left as we were already 8 points clear. Key players of the season were 3 strikes. Ronnie Jones, Paul Martin and loanee from Portsmouth David Wilkinson, as they knocked in a massive 77 goals between them in all competitons, with Ronnie getting 23, and Paul and David with 22 goals each.

77 goals between them: http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/77goalsbetweenthem.jpg

League Table: http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/CHAMPIONS.jpg

My Career:

2008/09     Leigh RMI              Blue Square North           3rd                       Promoted through play-offs!
2009/10     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         20th                     Fluked survival
2010/11     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         21st                     Relegated and resigned and became Dorchester boss
2011/12     Dorchester             Blue Square South           1st                      Champions and promotion

My Honours:

* Champions Of BLue Square Premier!

* Blue Square North Play-off winners!

* Runners Up in Blue Square North manager of season!

*Blue Square South Manager of Season!

Ones in bold are last seasons awards

cheers,

My Leigh RMI side was a tad worse in quality, but the problem with my Leigh side was the fact I couldn't get any experience to sign that was up to standard. For a relegation fight we ended up with an average age of 21 lol. This time my squad's average age is 23, not much better, but I will try to change that and get a mixture of youth and experience in. My main target is my old Leigh star Joshua Home Jackson who got 20 odd goals in each 3 season I was there, but last season he was out of favour at Leigh so maybe he'll be tempted at a bigger side.

robbo, do You have any new players lined up for your side yet to make them cut it in the higher league? Or are you confident in their ability? I'm not too sure I'll be able to do much in the window though with a balance of -378k. :(

I've got a transfer budget of over £5mill... jealous? Makes a change after years of not having any money to spend. Brought in 4 players - a gk, rb, rm and a cm. I sorted my defence and strikers last season so it was just a case of bringing in a bit of quality elsewhere. I have now got 5 foreigners so there is no point in signing any more as they wont all be able to play. This makes it hard to improve further as the players just arent available. I have missed out on a left winger that i wanted because he was foreign. It doesnt look like I will be signing anyone else for now. I just hope we are able to stay up. Not holding out much hope though. Zenit St Petersburg and FC Moscow went down last season and they both have better sides than I have.

My pre season hasnt gone as planned so far , lost away game to canvey island and slough 2-1 , with my best preformance being a 1-0 loss at home to Stevenage . However i have just been wholloped 6-0 at home to QPR reserves .

However i have used a lot of trialists in these games , so hopefully my final 3 home games v hinckly , hucknall and barnet witlll be better.

I've got a transfer budget of over £5mill... jealous? Makes a change after years of not having any money to spend. Brought in 4 players - a gk, rb, rm and a cm. I sorted my defence and strikers last season so it was just a case of bringing in a bit of quality elsewhere. I have now got 5 foreigners so there is no point in signing any more as they wont all be able to play. This makes it hard to improve further as the players just arent available. I have missed out on a left winger that i wanted because he was foreign. It doesnt look like I will be signing anyone else for now. I just hope we are able to stay up. Not holding out much hope though. Zenit St Petersburg and FC Moscow went down last season and they both have better sides than I have.

lol 5m! I think you should be jealous of my huge £0 million transfer budget. I think it will be tough for you, but as long as you brought in quality, then you have a chance of survival. good luck :thup:

smithers, where are your side predicted to come next season?

Archived