The FM08 Career Thread

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Nice update - good work on the promotion icon14.gif I think we all wanna see Gratkorn dominate Austrian football now icon_wink.gif

Cheers, yeh as do I spent too long now at this club to see them fail.

Thanks board!! Your all heroes icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fantastic. Well done distinguished members of the Gratkorn board icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me being me, i only just noticed those extra 700+ seats is costing the club 1.1mil...12k per month repayments til 2028. It'll only take me to around the 2250 capacity mark..At least give me a new stadium of around 12000 seats and be done with it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd full season at Venezia...

Media predicted 13th, but finished a great 2nd!

Playoffs now, seeing as the Serie C has only one promotion spot icon_frown.gif

My free signing from Juventus, Riccardo Maniero banged in 26 goals, so hopefully he can shoot me past Pisa and Ancona/Sassuolo in these playoffs!

YESSS!!!

Got past Pisa with no problems, 4-1 aggregate.

Ancona in the final. Sorry iacovone, but mighty Venezia triumphed 2-1 over 2 legs and extra time. Drew 0-0 away and 1-1 at home, so I thought I'd lost...but luckily away goals only count after ET! My Cameroonian striker, Andi Dona Ndoh, who has hardly played all season due to Maniero's great form, popped up with a goal and we clung on to win it!

ToMexico!! - congrats on your title triumph! bit of a pain with the expansion though. it hardly seems worth it... icon_rolleyes.gifgood luck next season, you 'talented' manager... icon_wink.gif

happy slappy - congrats on the new job. i've heard Basingstoke is a lovely place....

Robert_296 & JoseBlanco - good luck at Gillingham and Peterborough respectively

jacknewthoughts - congrats on promotion - bet the final was really tense! good luck in Serie B.

jacknewthoughts: Congrats! I was hoping you'd go up secretly icon_wink.gif Serie B's tough - be prepared. The teams relegated from Serie A have a massive advantage over the rest.

My Wigan season is nearing its end. And it all looks rosy! We're 8 points clear at the top with just 5 games to go....soooo its looking like Premiership footy is on its way! icon_smile.gif

I'm not actually doing that bad with Basingstoke, 4th in the BSS after 17 games, through to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup, beating League 1 side Luton icon_cool.gif in the process, I now have Tranmere Rovers in the next round at home, so, if I can get past them then hopefully I can get a money-spinner ties at Man Utd or Arsenal.

icon_biggrin.gif

Life is sweet.

jacknewthoughts: Congrats! I was hoping you'd go up secretly icon_wink.gif Serie B's tough - be prepared. The teams relegated from Serie A have a massive advantage over the rest.

Yeah I'm preparing for quite a challenge - the former serie B team in my division last year got auto promotion by 10points, so it's going to be tough going!

Originally posted by jacknewthoughts:

Yeah I'm preparing for quite a challenge - the former serie B team in my division last year got auto promotion by 10points, so it's going to be tough going!

i'd be looking for loan signings from the reserves of the top teams for sure. good luck - it will be tough.

Well I had fun applying for jobs on my Eastern European game, started on the Russian start date in Early Feb, meaning when I got a job with Krka in the Slovenian 2nd League, had 187 days til my first League game. So I thought what better way than to have some friendlies, a huge training plan and try to sign as many players as possible ready for the Transfer window opening in June. Well I started by going on a tour of my home nation Czech Republic...I played 4 games on tour with the following results.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

March 3rd - At Vitkovice 0-3 HT: 0-2

March 7th - At Olomouc Holice 1-2 HT: 1-2 MoM: Zagar

Zagar (pen 11)

March 12th - At Jihlava 2-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Zagar

Barboric (41) Zagar (57)

March 16th - At Usti nad Labem 2-2 HT: 1-1

Barboric (43) Ihbeisheh (79)

</pre>

I was quite happy with this tour, the odds in all four matches were completely against me, with ranges from 16.00 to 12.00 to walk away with the record I got pleased me. And to top it off Zagar was looking stunning in the attacking Midfield role.

Following m trip to the Czech Republic I gave my players an eight day rest, which was needed after the exhaustion and jet lag. We returned home for the 1st annual Krka Invitational League. I had invited three teams to join me, Triglav (predicted 1st in SD2), Aluminij (predicted 3rd in SD2) and Rudar (V) (predicted 4th in SD2). This looked like it would be a huge challenge as I was only predicted to come 9th in the league out of 10 teams. So come March 24th the league was on.

March 24th - vs Triglav 2-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 88 MoM: Fabjan

Fabjan (56) Vavzik (90)

March 25th - vs Aluminij 2-1 HT: 1-0 Att: 66 MoM: Ihbeisheh

Vavzik (44) Ihbeisheh (90)

March 26th - vs Rudar (V) 4-1 HT: 4-0 Att: 86 MoM: Zagar

Vavzik (3) Travnikar (17) Barboric (18) Zagar (45)

</pre>

Well following the second game I had already won the league as both games between my opposition resulted in draws. Meaning after two games Krka had 6pts, Rudar (V) had 2, and the others had a single point each. At this point I was celebrating and contemplating playing my second stringers against Rudar (V). I decided in the end to play my A team, and pulled off a stunning victory and was now wondering if when the league starts in august whether I have a chance at promotion. I had also in this mini league found Zagar's Attacking Midfield partner in Vavzik. My Ass Man ranked him 4th of all AMC's, but after an injury to one of my top ones, I have not looked back, with 3 goals in the space of 93 mins of football he looks great and has got several assists as well.

I must say it is interesting playing in the Slovenian leagues. Krka has a wage budget of roughly 1500 pounds per week. The highest paid player in my squad is on a part time contract earning 30 pounds. And most players that I have attempted to sign are willing to accept similar contracts, it is amazing how many players I can sign with a quarter of the wage budget of the lower leagues in England.

So now ack to the game, to continue my fun and friendlies.

I will post some screenshots next time.

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

Stealing Dafuges format, obviously not in code though, my club history looks like this...

07/08 - Nk Krka (Slovenia 2nd Div) - 1st - Promtion

08/09 - Nk Krka (Slovenia 1st Div) - 12th - Resigned 6 games into the season

08/09 - Aschaffenburg (German Regional Div North) - only lasted a day before resigning

08/09 - 1.FC Eschborn (German Regional Div West) - 11th

09/10 - 1.FC Eschborn (German Regional Div West) - 7th

10/11 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 5th

11/12 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 2nd (on GD)

12/13 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 1st

Just noticed you started in Krka as well. And gained promotion in your first season, I must say I do like the look of the team and they are much stronger than the media prediction.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

Stealing Dafuges format, obviously not in code though, my club history looks like this...

07/08 - Nk Krka (Slovenia 2nd Div) - 1st - Promtion

08/09 - Nk Krka (Slovenia 1st Div) - 12th - Resigned 6 games into the season

08/09 - Aschaffenburg (German Regional Div North) - only lasted a day before resigning

08/09 - 1.FC Eschborn (German Regional Div West) - 11th

09/10 - 1.FC Eschborn (German Regional Div West) - 7th

10/11 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 5th

11/12 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 2nd (on GD)

12/13 - FC Gratkorn (Austrian 2nd Div) - 1st

Just noticed you started in Krka as well. And gained promotion in your first season, I must say I do like the look of the team and they are much stronger than the media prediction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh i agree they are much stronger than the prediction. Like you say the variety of players that will come to play for pittance in unreal in some cases. I would have said around 4th in the first season was target for me but i tended to score a lot more goals in the last 10mins, quick strikers are immense in lower league situations with a counter attacking formation thus winning more games than i expected.

Season 2021/22 - Wigan Athletic

So my first season in charge at the far from glamorous JJB Stadium went well. We started reasonably well but were playing catch up due to some rearranged fixtures. An early highlight was knocking Spurs out of the League Cup 5-3 aet. Our league form picked up and we went on a number of long lasting unbeaten runs that put us in with a great chance of promotion. Crucial wins against our rivals ensured we kept pace and in actual fact began to pull away from our challengers. By February automatic promotion was looking a real possibility as we found form at the right time. Although there were some nervy performances, our big names got us there and we eventually won the title. Hurrah!

Table

So here's the title winning Squad. Tom Elliott and Jacob Mellis were the stars - they'll duke it out for the Fans Player of the Year.

Club Info

In other news, just as I go up, the debt has finally crippled Man Utd. Forced to enter administration and be deducted 9 points, they have been relegated to the Championship. Champions League final was contested between Barcelona and Real Madrid. The winners were Barca and they take the mantel as Europes best side from HSV.

So that was the season. Finances are in an awful state - £7mill in debt but hopefully that will sort itself out once in amongst the Premiership's riches. Aims are to stay up but with my new shiny reputation I could be tempted to move to a big club with some history icon_razz.gif. Here's to the next season icon14.gif

Career so far

Season Team Country League Finish Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/08 Stranraer (left 9.6.08) Scotland 4th in Scot D3 Promotion via Playoffs

08/09 Val di Sangro (joined 2.7.08) Italy 2nd in C2/C Promotion via Playoffs

09/10 Val di Sangro Italy 13th in C1/B

10/11 Val di Sangro Italy 7th in C1/B

11/12 Val di Sangro Italy 6th in C1/B

12/13 Val di Sangro (left 5.6.13) Italy 2nd in C1/B Lost in Playoff Semi's

12/13 Brechin City (joined 25.6.13, left 10.8.13)

13/14 Ancona (joined 16.3.14) Italy 4th in C2/A Lost in Playoff Semi's

14/15 Ancona Italy 1st in C2/A Promotion, C2 Super Cup Winners

15/16 Ancona Italy 9th in C1/A

16/17 Ancona Italy 4th in C1/A Lost in Playoff Final

17/18 Ancona Italy 1st in C1/A Promotion, Serie C Cup Winners, Serie C1 Super Cup runners up

18/19 Ancona (left 29.8.18) Italy

18/19 Elche (joined 3.3.19) Spain 9th in Liga BBVA

19/20 Elche (left 27.5.20) Spain 4th in Liga BBVA

20/21 Wigan (joined 27.5.20) England 1st in Championship Promotion

</pre>

Fingers crossed that works icon_smile.gif Oh and here's the Proof

2009/2010 Season. Peterborough United

End of my first season with the Posh ended with us getting auto-matic promotion to League 1 icon14.gif. The season started really well with a five game winning streak which encluded some high scoring games such as a 5-4 victory over Bristol Rovers and a 4-0 win over Accrington Stanley. The high scoring games continued throughout the season with a 6-4 victory over Oldham and 6-1 victory over Bristol in the return game. Half way through the season it looked like we would have a really good chance of taking the title back to London Road, but it was not to be as we slipped up a lot of of times in the second half in the season which almost cost us promotion all together. Thankfully though we managed to get three wins at the end of the season to get promotion.

Table

Graph

Here is the Squad that got us promotion.

Are star man this year was Craig Mackail-Smith who scored 35 goals in 36 games for us this season and was one of the man reasons for are promotion

Are Transfers for this season.

As it seems to be the fashion round here, here is my:

Career so far

Season Team League Finish

07/08 Rotherham United 2nd

08/09 Rotherham United 14th

09/10 Perterborough Unt. 3rd </pre>

I like the idea of a 'career' so I'll join in, I'll provide screenshots when I can.

Leagues:

Belgium - second division

England - league two

France - national

Germany - second division

Holland - first division

Italy - serie B

Portugal - Liga Vitalis

Spain - LIGA BBVA

My laptop isnt THE best, so I may have to change my leagues.

Oh and I'm very new to FM so this may be difficult..

13/14 - Gratkorn

Media Preiction 10th from 10

Transfer Budget 0

Wage Budget 1.23m per annum

This season was all about staying up and nothing more. I could tell looking at the previous league standings, around 30points was the benchmark to aim for. I knew that we wouldn't get much from the bigger teams so i had to win against the teams around us, i targeted Austria Karten and possibly GAK and Rapid Wien as teams who i could gain some much needed points from. Only managing 5 wins all season, with 2 in the last 4. I drew far too many games from winnings positions which rather pleased me none, 11 in total. We scraped enough points together to survive, 26 in the end; 4 below the benchmark i had set. Austria Karten had only managed to get 13 in the end. Table

I looked at strengthening my squad in the close season but i was in debt and didn;t have much wage budget to play with. I released around a dozen players trying to cut down the wages. It helped as i was then able to bring in a few players of First division quality. Rujovic was outstanding, his value quickly rose to 2mil and higher placed teams began to show an interest in him. Transfers

Finances were abysmal for this season, stared the season in debt and finished much worse off. As i had updated previously, the board had decided to expand the stadium. Only by the 724 seats. Costing 1.1mil. With such a poor capacity, no funds were coming in and with a 1.1mil loan and 1.2mil wage budget to pay off, things were looking poop. Surprisingly though the board have not yet said anything about the poor finances. Finances

Current Squad

Top Scorer

Club Info (Highlighted is the stupidly low capacity)

Next Season

Improving drastically is the key, winning around 10 games next season is my aim and not drawing from being in winning positions. That will give me around an extra 10/12 points and hopefully 7/8th position. Will try and renew a few players contracts and possibly sell a player or 2 to help the finances.

Took control of a Dutch team called FC Emmen, hoping for a mid-table position and a two year plan of promotion to the first division.

myteam0708us7.th.jpg]Team[/url]

quite a decent team and I have 150k to splash in a sensible fashion. Looking for some strong fast defenders, but we'll see what happens.

I'll update soon.

A small update on Gratkorn in the close season. 3 fantastic things have happened...

1. A new kit sponsor, not much but every little helps. Ta very much...

2. Another stadium expansion. This will nearly double my capacity. Hurraaar \o/

3. Whats that, best discipline in the Austrias. Awesemeness!!!!!

Things are looking bright for Gratkorn...

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

A small update on Gratkorn in the close season. 3 fantastic things have happened...

1. A new kit sponsor, not much but every little helps. Ta very much...

2. Another stadium expansion. This will nearly double my capacity. Hurraaar \o/

3. Whats that, best discipline in the Austrias. Awesomeness!!!!

Things are looking bright for Gratkorn...

Link fixed, hopefully.

Interesting formation there Charlie - does it work?

Wigan Watch:

I can tell you now that this is going to be a VERY painful season. We have an awful squad and with all the debt I only had £2mill to spend - which in the Prem is peanuts! I used it on a half decent defender and a goalkeeper as my number 1 from last season left on a free icon_mad.gif

So basically don't be suprised if I report back here on the dole icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

ToMexico!! - congrats on making Europe via the fair play league icon14.gif might cause a few players to be attracted by the bright lights of Europe to help you pull away from the bottom of the league, the money from it will be helpful it seems.

And also what skin are you using?

cheers, yeh getting into europe seems to have helped, i have already got a couple of awesome players for my squad, a hungarian sriker from inter and a serbia AMC from young boys...i've got an easy draw in the 1st qualifying round too, playing Libertas from San Marino..'mon advancement

I'm using Steklo Left. If you are wondering how the squad screenie looks like that i changed it, but forgotten how to do it...i can search for the thread link on how to do it if you want?!

Erm - help!

Finally a big name club. One of the biggest. But they're in the Championship. Is it a case of one step back for potentially 2 steps forward??

Gonna mull this over - thoughts appreciated...icon14.gif

What was your first gut reaction? personally i would take it but that wage budget looks a bit low for a team of their calibre...

Thanks for the fast replies guys icon14.gif

Well gut said: take it!

Then I had a think.

Now I still fancy taking it - really don't stand a chance in the Prem with Wigan tbh and feel no loyalty to them. Yeah wage budget is small but I'm sure that'll increase should I go up.

I also quite like the pressure of getting to challenge for the Prem in 3 years. The Glazers have gone icon_smile.gif and I have a 34 y/o Leo Messi icon_biggrin.gif

I'm gonna take it

icon_cool.gif

Sorry for the triple post.

The United financial situation is astonishing! I've obviously never looked at it but it's crazy!

The club chairman loan goes on until 2035 and is costing the club 4.6million per month icon_eek.gif

Then there are 4 General Sponsorships for a combined 6million per season and a kit sponsor for 2.5mill per season. I've got 35million in the bank (due to new owners) and generally its all very fragile!

Hi all, well after never being a big prem team from the start,I decided to start a new game as Chelsea trying to win everything possible and in 2 seasons ,I have won the prem league twice, the FA CUP AND CARLING CUP ONCE. I send my scouts out to get me young players to replace my aging superstars when they are not wanted and want to see how long I can last and what will happen to them as the game goes on. I have just been rewarded with a new 2 year contract and now will try to win more silverware to continue this game. I know I set my rep to ex-international which I don't normally do but I really wanted to know how chelsea will fare after reading many posts about them in the forums.

Fair enough stevio - any ambitions to fulfil after your time at Chelsea??

happy - believe me I suffered. My oh my I suffered in the gutters of lower league football. Feels quite nice being at United. Wonder if I can restore them to their former glory - there's certainly a lot of pressure on me!

Oh and one more thing

- wage budget is 205k per week.

- 34 y/o Leo Messi is on 120k per week and 34 y/o Micah Richards in on 80k per week icon_rolleyes.gif

The Vanatuan Times
The Vanatuan F.A have announced that un-known foreign manager Paul Hart has been appointed boss of our national team. Hart heard about the job while on holiday in Australlia, where he unknowingly met with an uknown Vanatuan F.A member. After a few drinks, Mr.Hart had been offered the job, and accepted, we hope that Paul Hart will bring great fortunes to our country, and if it turns out that he is only using our country as a stepping stone, there's always Gascoine.

Thought I'd add a bit of a story to it icon_cool.gif

Nicely done Paul - you'll need incredible patience at Vanuatu. I'm not even sure if they take part in World Cup qualifiers icon_confused.gif

Yeah, I don't think they do. But on a brighter note after looking at the in-game World Rankings, my team ranks higher than Faroe Islands

icon_cool.gif

Archived