Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
offer - would you accept this, seems a little low to me.

I've got to go now, be back for a bit in the morning.

Oh, and found a pretty good att mid/winger, I'll post pic in the morning.

Is that the player who couldn't get a work permit? If so, then yes, sell him.

If a newcomer comes along before Spartans has finished I am more than happy for them to go before me. I am not too confident about my turn as I've never really touched the latest patch we are using.

Wasn't it the same patch as your last go? I've got you marked down for PL and CL double already ;)

November

League Match #11: Saturday November 2, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Liverpool

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Nonato, Melvin, Raimundo, Tetteh, Marrow, Singh, Snelling, Puckett, Henriksen Subs:

A match against former giants Liverpool was on the cards for today. Snelling finally got his campaign started today with a goal to put us up 1-0. After Henriksen had his shot blocked, the ball found its way to Marrow who scored his first goal in green when he blasted it from 25 out.

MOM: Marrow

Champions League Match #4: Wednesday November 6, 2030 19:45

Barcelona v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Nonato, Melvin, Raimundo, Tetteh, Marrow, Snelling, Jennings, Puckett, KdV Subs: Singh (Puckett), Vyskoc (Singh), Andriy (Tetteh)

Now we travel to the Nou Camp hoping to grab a point at best but not get blown out at worst. Jennings was flying down the left flank and crossed in to KdV at the near post for a 1-0 lead at the Nou Camp. Jennings is sent off for a harsh foul and we will have to hold the lead with only 10, and in the 30th minute, Singh goes down and we are running into trouble having used 2 subs by the half hour mark. We go into the half up 1, but lets see if we can hold it in the second half. Wilhelm leveled in the 74 minute and we are now holding on to a point. Raimundo is sent off after receiving his second yellow and I have used all 3 subs. Halis seals our fate in the 84th minute putting Barca up 2-1. There is no way you are going to defeat Barcelona down 1 much less 2, so I am happy with the result but not about how we got there.

MOM: Wilhelm (Barcelona)

League Match #12: Sunday November 10, 2030 16:00

Portsmouth v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Buonanno, Andriy, Snelling, Jennings, Henriksen, KdV Subs: Vyskoc (Buonanno)

After the tough match against Barcelona, we travel to Portsmouth looking to keep the league form up. Portsmouth are taking it to us in the first half, trying to take advantage of the fact we weren't at our best in our last match. Henriksen is still having trouble, he hasn't scored yet at all this year. Stian Grande scores in the 60th to put Pompey up on us and its looking like we are heading for our first league defeat. No goals put in for us, and we slump to our first defeat of the season.

MOM: Henriksen

Carling Cup Fourth Round: Wednesday November 13, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Arsenal

Starting Lineup: Moogan, Senior, Smith, Nonato, Raimundo, Tetteh, Henriquez, Marcial, Snelling, Kev, KdV Subs: Diego (Smith), Jennings (Snelling), Elam (Kev)

We are fielding a semi-weakened side for this match giving a rest to certain key players but not all, as Tetteh and Snelling are starting. Anghel starts off the scoring for Arsenal in the 4th minute, it must be something about the cups that we just don't play well. KdV turns and fires into the corner of the net to equalise in the 23rd minute. Kieran Smith gives up a penalty and Anghel puts it in and we are back down. We crash out at the hands of Arsenal and now its time to wonder when our next win will come, a three match winless streak is unacceptable.

MOM: Anghel

League Match #13: Saturday November 16, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Newcastle

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Melvin, Kvist, Tetteh, Andriy, Singh, Jennings, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: Marrow (Tetteh), Snelling (Singh), KdV (Henriksen)

We look to get back on track against Newcastle in what should be a very winnable match. A rather boring first half with few chances ends 0-0. Melvin decides to get two yellows and get himself sent off, and we are down to 10 men to finish the match. A poor match from our attacking players ends 0-0, and we are not performing the way I would like.

MOM: Andriy

League Match #14: Saturday November 23, 2030 15:00

Reading v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Nonato, Kvist, Tetteh, Andriy, Singh, Jennings, Puckett, Henriksen Subs: Henriquez (Andriy), Vyskoc (Tetteh), KdV (Henriksen)

Now we are looking to score a goal, which would be a welcome sight for our squad. Puckett gets on the end of a 5th minute Singh cross for a 1-0 lead. Lewis Singh finds Henriksen who ends his 1000 minute goal drought in the 27th minute. We give up a penalty and Roberts cuts our lead in half. A good half but our centrebacks could be playing much better. Jennings was pulled down in the box and converts another penalty. A mob in front of the net and the ball finds its way into our goal and the score is 3-2. We have found our winning ways again, possibly as we take this match 3-2.

MOM: Puckett

Champions League Match #5: Tuesday November 26, 2030 19:45

Young Boys v. Blyth

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Kvist, Diego, Nonato, Tetteh, Marrow, Singh, Vyskoc, Puckett, KdV Subs: Henriksen (Puckett), Henriquez (Tetteh), Marcial (Singh)

With some help from Barcelona, we have a shot at qualifying for the Knockout Stages of the Champions League, but a draw here is enough to get us into the Europa League. In the 12th minute, Puckett was taken off and Henriksen put in for him. There is no score and all we need is just a goal to stay alive in the hunt for a Champions League spot. Manuel gets a free kick and puts it in the net in the 58th minute to give us the 1-0 lead. The one goal lead holds up and we are still alive depending on other results.

MOM: Manuel

Premier League Match #15: Saturday, November 30, 2030 15:00

Blyth v. Aston Villa

Starting Lineup: Lafita, Manuel, Diego, Nonato, Kvist, Jennings, Marrow, Singh, Vyskoc, Henriksen, KdV Subs: Tetteh (Vyskoc), Andriy (Marrow)

Following two pretty good wins we host Aston villa, who are in 4th place, looking to continue the winning streak. We have been more likely to do anything but that really isn't saying much and this is a really boring match to this point. Singh earns a 67th minute penalty and Jennings keeps his penalty streak alive and we are up 1-0. Villa has Mark Hall sent off in the 86th minute, lets see if we can't grab another goal. Another goal just wasn't meant to be and we win 1-0.

MOM: Jennings (4)

League Table

CL Table

Now then, what about this player:

Stephen Cameron - Scout Report

Actually it looks less possible now as he just signed a new contract and I've just noticed how much he's getting, also will take up most of if not all the transfer budget, but is he the sort of player we need to move on? He's not best as a winger either, but is natural as a left winger.

World Cup 2030 - South Africa:

Group A - England 0-0 Chile

Steve Ford, Tony Ford and James Marsh all played in this game for England with all 3 earrning a rating of 6.8.

Group A - Egypt 3-2 Ireland

Todd henderson played the whole game for Ireland and got a 6.9.

Group B - Uruguay 1-4 Mexico

Jesus Fonseca played the whole game for Mexico and got two assists earning a rating of 7.9.

Group E - USA 0-3 Italy

Francesco Fumagalli gave a solid performance for Italy in this game earning a rating of 7.2.

Group G - Denmark 2-0 Australia

Jakob Stadsgaard played for Denmark and got a 6.8, Stan O'Brien got a 6.7 for Australia but was substituted.

Group H - Costa Rica 0-2 Scotland

Grant Wilson and Grant Munro were both good for Scotland both getting a 6.9 rating.

Group H - China 0-2 Argnetina

Gaston Guzman did well but Oscar Funes was sent off for two bookings.

Group B - Mexico 4-1 Switzerland

Jesus Fonseca was very good again for Mexico.

Group A - Ireland 0-2 England

Although he didn't get a goal, Steve Ford was excellent, James Marsh and Tom Ford were also very good for England. Todd Henderson was very poor for Ireland with a rating of 5.1 and getting subbed.

Other news, we moved up 15 places to 31st in the European rankings.

Also sold O'Brien to Bochum for £4.6m + 50% of any profit they make, we signed him for £3.2m so look at it as an immediate £1.4m profit there.

The best player to come from this round of scout reports:

David Oliseh - Scout Report

I just love his technical attributes, absolutely rubbish physically though. Maybe with some seriously intense physical training he could make it. We're not looking for a striker though, and he's a bit on the pricey side.

All the transfer speculation has unsettled Steve Ford.

Group H - Argentina 3-1 Costa Rica

Gaston Guzman scored and had a very good game before being substituted.

Group H - Scotland 1-0 China

Another clean sheet from Grant Wilson, Bryan Munro was dissapointing and subbed in the 28th minute (not injured).

Group E - Italy 1-0 Germany

Francesco Fumagalli gave a solid performance for Italy.

Group G - France 1-0 Denmark

Jakob Stadsgaard and Jesper Sorenson played for Denmark and were both good despite the defeat.

Group E - Colombia 1-4 Italy

Francesco Fumagalli was very good again for Italy.

Group H - Scotland 1-0 Argentina

Grant Wilson was again very good, and Bryan Munro also good. Oscar Funes was good for Argentina.

Group G - Denmark 4-3 Ghana

Jesper Sorenson was excellent getting a goal and Man of the Match, Stadsgaard was good.

Group B - South Africa 1-1 Mexico

Jesus Fonseca was just average in this game, guess he can't be great all the time.

Group A - Chile 1-1 Ireland

Todd Henderson played well for Ireland.

Group A - England 0-0 Egypt

Again Steve Ford, Tom Ford and James Marsh all played and were all just average in a lacklustre performance for England as they scrape through.

World Cup Second Round:

England 1-0 South Africa

James Marsh and Steve Ford both played well, although Ford has yet to find the net so far.

Mexico 2-0 Egypt

Jesus Fonseca played well for Mexico.

Ivory Coast 1-1 Romania (Romania won on penalties)

Holland 2-1 Portugal

Germany 0-2 Brazil

Michal Novak's first and last game for Germany this world cup, he was disappointing.

Italy 1-0 Japan

Francesco Fumagalli played well for Italy.

Denmark 2-3 Scotland

Bryan Munro did well for Scotland but Grant Wilson was a bit shaky. esper Sorenson got injured in the 3rd minute (only out for 5-7 days) and Stadsgaard played fairly well.

France 0-0 Argentina (Argentina won on penalties)

Gaston Guzman was disappointing and subbed after 61 minutes, Oscar Fumes was good and scored the opening penalty.

World Cup Quarter Finals:

Mexico 0-1 Holland

Jesus Fonseca was disappointing for Mexico and probably made a mistake that led to the goal.

England 1-0 Romania

Another high scoring game involving England, must be thrilling to follow. Steve Ford, Tony Ford and James Marsh were all good, but Brian Alexander came on in the 84th minute and scored the winner in the 94th. :D He actually got the highest rating but I guess didn't get MOM because he didn't play long enough.

Brazil 4-2 Argentina

Gaston Guzman scored and Oscar Funes created a goal but were on the losing side.

Italy 2-0 Scotland

Fumagalli played well for Italy, as did Grant Wilson for Scotland but Munro was disappointing.

World Cup Semi Finals:

England 3-1 Brazil

Steve Ford still didn't get on the scoresheet but created two goals and was excellent. James Marsh and Tom Ford were also very good.

Holland 1-3 Italy

Fransisco Fumagalli was outstanding, getting two goals (ok, both penalties) but he did get Man of the match.

World Cup 3rd place:

Brazil 2-0 Holland

World Cup Final:

England 0-2 Italy

So it was Fumagalli who was the victor on the day, he scored another penalty. Tom ford gave away the penalty which was appropriate, I hope there's no love lost there.

Job offer: Hmm, a bit random getting offered the Turkey job without applying.

offer - would you accept this, seems a little low to me.

I've got to go now, be back for a bit in the morning.

Oh, and found a pretty good att mid/winger, I'll post pic in the morning.

Seems a little low, but the 50% sell on is good as he could become a good player and could net us a good sum in the future. I'd probably sell :thup: Have we got any work permit feeder clubs at the moment?

Actually it looks less possible now as he just signed a new contract and I've just noticed how much he's getting, also will take up most of if not all the transfer budget, but is he the sort of player we need to move on? He's not best as a winger either, but is natural as a left winger.

Ok, looks like Stephen Cameron is way out of our price range with Everton rejecting £30m+. The next best I've found are:

Left - Nikitovic

Right - Paez

I don't currently know how much each of them will cost, guess I'll have to try and see.

Finally - do I have to reject this?

Damn, Cameron looked a fantastic, world class player. Can we have a screenshot of Funes so we can compare Nikitovic to him. If only we could combine the technical attributes of Nikitovic with the mental and physical attributes of Paez!

As for the England job offer, i'm not sure.

I tried to sign him as a teenager, he looked quality then. If you can get him I would whatever the price, I was bidding £30m and they were turning it down though. I didn't tell anyone this but I agreed a straight swap deal with Everton, Cameron for Alexander. We couldn't get anywhere near his wages which is why I didn't mention it.

The best player to come from this round of scout reports:

David Oliseh - Scout Report

I just love his technical attributes, absolutely rubbish physically though. Maybe with some seriously intense physical training he could make it. We're not looking for a striker though, and he's a bit on the pricey side.

Looks decent but those physical attributes are a worry, especially the pace. What is his minimum fee release clause?

All the transfer speculation has unsettled Steve Ford.

As Dave found out, we need to do all we can to keep our players happy. Offer new contracts at the first sight of concern, if you can get everyone happy the squad will be brilliant.

Ok, looks like Stephen Cameron is way out of our price range with Everton rejecting £30m+. The next best I've found are:

Left - Nikitovic

Right - Paez

I don't currently know how much each of them will cost, guess I'll have to try and see.

Finally - do I have to reject this?

Shame about Cameron, he's class.

Nikitovic looks great although I imagine he'll be expensive.

Paez looks good, but is he better than Terziev?

I'm fairly sure we cannot take on international jobs.

Great job on the updates, plenty to read and comment on :thup:

I've edited in screenies of the players to compare to, just copied and pasted from my team updates earlier.

IMO Nikitovic does look better overall, quite a bit worse in the physical aspect, but wingers really only need pace. Would be expensive though, but with a £48m transfer budget we maybe able to buy him, I'll see how much I can get Bayern down to.

And Terziev is better than Paez, and Paez may be costly as a backup, but we don't have a backup on the right. Possibly Lee Dennis could play there but at a push.

I can't see anything in the opening page about international managment, shall I just reject it or see what everyone else says?

I'm going out now, if Bermybhoy or whoever else can confirm whether I can take the England job or not before I get home I would be grateful, thanks.

I'm out all afternoon, so no rush. ;)

I think the basic rules of this challenge are taken from the dafuge challenge.

The dafuge challenge has a rule that states that you may not manage ANY International team until you have completed the challenge. The reason for this is that it gives you a reputation boost which obviously makes things easier, (in terms of attracting players to the club). Bermy will have the final, say, but my answer would be no I'm afraid.

I'm going out now, if Bermybhoy or whoever else can confirm whether I can take the England job or not before I get home I would be grateful, thanks.

I'm out all afternoon, so no rush. ;)

Don't think we set it out in the rules, but like Jimbo says we're using substantially the same rules as dafuge's challenge, so should wait until we have PL/CL titles under our belts.

The other issue is that not everyone is big on inernational management - I don't object to it per se, but wouldn't want to manage...England! So it's a grey area. Willing to open it up for discussion since it'll become an issue soon enough though...

Hopefully that's us back on track spartans. Seem to be having a lot of trouble scoring but hardly conceding anything, which is the polar opposite from my season. The red cards during the month hardly helped our cause. Hate to see that Chelsea are starting to open up a gap on us, but at least we're hanging onto their coat tails, for now anyway.

Don't think we set it out in the rules, but like Jimbo says we're using substantially the same rules as dafuge's challenge, so should wait until we have PL/CL titles under our belts.

The other issue is that not everyone is big on inernational management - I don't object to it per se, but wouldn't want to manage...England! So it's a grey area. Willing to open it up for discussion since it'll become an issue soon enough though...

I'm not too fussed about international management, I'd probably vote no if I had to though.

Rejecting the Turkey job was a no brainer Weeeman. :D The England job was a bit more appealing though, I have rejected it now.

I got home last night and spilt red bull on the keyboard, just been to get a new one, I should have a spare shouldn't I. :o

Ok, a couple of youngsters I have my eye on:

Geoff Wake: Came to my attention by scoring 2 goals on his Ireland debut in the World Cup. However scout reports say only a 3 star potential, but should be available for around £800k.

Romildo: The best Brazilian youngster uncovered so far, scout gives him a PA of 5 stars and to be as good as Todd Henderson. One for the future, I can get him for £1.2m.

And another my scouts have found:

Ferreira: Brazilian international, his main position is striker but with retraining and his good winger attributes can he be a good right winger? Scouts reckon he's only a good player though, and available for around £14m.

He probably isn't as good as Terziev tbh, and an expensive backup, I'll wait to see who else my scouts find.

No more left wingers found yet, a £30m bid for Nikitovic was rejected, I probably wouldn't have paid that anyway and certainly not higher.

Ok, a couple of youngsters I have my eye on:

Geoff Wake: Came to my attention by scoring 2 goals on his Ireland debut in the World Cup. However scout reports say only a 3 star potential, but should be available for around £800k.

Romildo: The best Brazilian youngster uncovered so far, scout gives him a PA of 5 stars and to be as good as Todd Henderson. One for the future, I can get him for £1.2m.

And another my scouts have found:

Ferreira: Brazilian international, his main position is striker but with retraining and his good winger attributes can he be a good right winger? Scouts reckon he's only a good player though, and available for around £14m.

Wake - could be a useful squad player but if he's only rated as 3* then I doubt he will improve enough to make the first team. For £800k though he could be worth it.

Romildo - looks fantastic, but don't Brazilians have to be 18 to move abroad?

Ferreira - looks like an expensive backup, I think we are better off looking for someone who has the potential to replace Terziev.

Southern Softies - End of August update:

We've just received almost £2m because of Juan Francisco Conejo's transfer from Betis to Juventus, because of a 35% sell-on clause.

Thursday 25th July 2030 - Friendly - Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester

Colchester 0-2 Braintree

I'm slightly disappointed we only won 2-0, but pleased with the amount of possession and the fact we only allowed them 1 long range effort all game. The two likely scorers Ford and Munro popped up again.

Wednesday 31st July 2030 - Friendly - London Road, Peterborough

Peterborough 0-3 Braintree

Again, disappointed with the level of performance against League 2 opposition. Munro was the star again with a goal and causing problems for the Peterborough defence. They never looked like scoring though which is pleasing.

Saturday 10th August 2030 - Friendly - The Shay, Halifax

FC Halifax 1-5 Braintree

Hmm, Fumagalli conceded a needless penalty to gift them a goal. It was one way traffic for the rest of the match and we should have won by more than the four goal margin.

Saturday 17th August 2030 - Premier League - Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2-1 Braintree

The worst start possible as on 3 minutes a Liverpool free kick in our half found Speight on the edge of the area and a clinical finish, that was after 3 minutes. We came back well though and on 12 minutes Steve Ford scored with a placed finish from the edge of the area. And on 18 minutes I thought Funes had scored another for us but it was ruled out for offside. A Liverpool free kick near the corner flag allowed them to cross the ball and instead of clearing it, Bryan Munro put it into his own net, I think he thought he was at the other end.

Sunday 25th August 2030 - Premier League - City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester

Manchester City 0-0 Braintree

Our difficult start to the season continued with a goalless draw at Man City, we had enough chances to win the game but the finishing was off today. Manchester City actually hit the post at one point so we could have also lost it.

Injury news - Bryan Munro is out for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle.

And cup news - we've been drawn away at Chelsea in the League Cup 3rd round!!

The CL groups have been drawn and we have: Inter, Schalke and Legia.

I signed Romildo, and he will join on the 1st January 2032.

Also signed Boscolo for £5m + 20% profit from next sale.

I gave up on Geoff Wake after I realised Watford will want around £3m for him.

Southern Softies - End of September update:

Sunday 1st September 2030 - Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 0-2 Everton

A highly disappointing defeat in our first home game, but Everton showed why they were league champions last season. The match belonged to Craig Griffiths who is an absolute beast of a player, his first goal though coming from a penalty conceded by James Marsh. We had a few chances to get back into the game but Griffiths scored his second with a header at the near post from a corner.

Saurday 14th September 2030- Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 3-0 Fulham

This was much better, with Jesper Sorenson the star of the show here. His first goal after 2 minutes was a header from a good free kick from the right. His second was better where he ran from his own half and Steve Ford laid the ball into him to slot it past Fulham's 'keeper. Steve Ford got a goal himself just after half time.

Tuesday 17th September 2030 - Champions Cup Group C - Guiseppe Meazza, Milan

Inter 2-1 Braintree

We got off to an absolutely awful start thanks to Gaston Guzman. Just 1 minute 11 seconds into the match he went two footed into an Interplayer and deserved to go off. Amazingly we went into the lead with Lee Dennis scoring a 30 yard free kick. After half time they went for it, and Ismael beat Wilson at his near post which was disappointing. Also disappointing was their winner was from another penalty, I'd like to cut down on those. Guzman has been fined two weeks wages, and banned for 3 CL matches.

Saturday 21st September 2030 - Premier League - Sanna Stadium, London

Chelsea 0-1 Braintree

This was a very good defensive display and I was delighted that Fumagalli got MOM. Chelsea created chances but most of them long range efforts, the winner from Steve Ford was a good goal as he picked up the ball in their area and took on a defender before slotting the ball home.

Tuesday 24th September 2030 - Premier League - Sanna Stadium, London

Chelsea 0-1 Braintree (aet)

Just to prove that Saturdays win in the league was no fluke we did it again, all be it in extra time. Grant Wilson was the hero in normal time as he saved a penalty after Todd Henderson needlessly brought down a Chelsea player at the left hand edge of the area. The rest of the game was pretty even, and Fumagalli popped up with a header from a corner just after half time for the winner.

Saurday 28th September 2030- Premier League - Braintree Stadium, Braintree

Braintree 0-0 Arsenal

I can't quite believe we didn't win this, Arsenal just had 2 shots off target all game. We had countless opportunities, including a clear cut chance from Terziev where he only had the keeper to beat and he blasted it over the bar.

I have a slight problem, apparently my computer was shut down before I was able to save teh game, so I have to go back and replay the end of November, it was last saved after the Newcastle match. Sorry for the problem and hopefully we can take maximum points again.

In the replay of the Reading match, Singh went down for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle, Snelling is already injured for about a month, so until January, Marcial is going to have to cover the right side, which isn't ideal, and I am going to attempt to sign a replacement for Singh on the right side.

Here are 6 guys that I am looking at, there are others who I have to wait for scouting reports on because I couldn't see all of their attributes.

Esteban Alvarez

Gary Pearson

Kwesi O'Brien

Huub Coppens

Martin Zacharias

Richard Cummins

Archived