[Romania] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Romania competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Romania should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

A few more known issues that are logged.

- Romania U19 Elite semifinals format and schedule

- In all leagues in Romania substitutions allowed should be 5 and bench players 9

- The Third league promotion playoff does not have the correct pairing and schedule

On 10/11/2020 at 20:48, Dan Ormsby said:

Known issues in Romania:

- The Second and Third leagues incorrectly have squad registration at present. This will be corrected for the full release

Not sure if it falls into that category ...

I have a must respond message in inbox for registering the 25 man squad of the B team. However, when I press respond, it goes to standard squad screen. No menu for registering, no way to continue, except for go on holiday. All responsibilities for B/U19 team selection are set to assistants.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, 22smoje said:

Not sure if it falls into that category ...

I have a must respond message in inbox for registering the 25 man squad of the B team. However, when I press respond, it goes to standard squad screen. No menu for registering, no way to continue, except for go on holiday. All responsibilities for B/U19 team selection are set to assistants.

This is a known bug which is affecting all B teams in active leagues for all nations.  This will be fixed for the full release of the game.

• SI Staff
53 minutes ago, Lewis31m said:

The rules for the Romanian League look weird for me, posting it here because the rules for the Prem and La Liga look normal.

Romanian League Rules.png

This is a known issue, will just be something slightly incorrect in the UI setup for how the different stages display for this particular competition and is logged.  Agreed this looks bad (if that's what you were pointing out) but nothing to worry about beyond that.  Thanks.

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm misinterpreting a rule. In Romania it states you must start the game with 2 x u22 Romanian players and there must also be 1 u22 player on the pitch at all times.

The rule does state however that if this cannot be met, then you can leave two empty spaces on your bench to compensate for the rule and procede.

When I pick the team how I would ideally like to line up (without the u22 players in) and leave 2 spaces on the bench, it green ticks all the requirements on the team selection page. When I add a player to the bench to take up one of these slots, it then adds a red X on to the rules, which to me shows that it is acknowledging the first lineup as okay and the second as unacceptable.

However when I try to continue to the game with the two spaces left off the bench (and no u22 players in the lineup) despite being all green ticked, a pop up comes up and states that I need to have 2 x u22 players starting and 1 x u22 playing. Just seems to be totally conflicting information.

Screenshots attached of the team selection page. If all 3 are green ticked, I'd assume it should accept the line up?

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 00.27.47.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 00.28.21.png

7 hours ago, pconroy89 said:

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm misinterpreting a rule. In Romania it states you must start the game with 2 x u22 Romanian players and there must also be 1 u22 player on the pitch at all times.

The rule does state however that if this cannot be met, then you can leave two empty spaces on your bench to compensate for the rule and procede.

When I pick the team how I would ideally like to line up (without the u22 players in) and leave 2 spaces on the bench, it green ticks all the requirements on the team selection page. When I add a player to the bench to take up one of these slots, it then adds a red X on to the rules, which to me shows that it is acknowledging the first lineup as okay and the second as unacceptable.

However when I try to continue to the game with the two spaces left off the bench (and no u22 players in the lineup) despite being all green ticked, a pop up comes up and states that I need to have 2 x u22 players starting and 1 x u22 playing. Just seems to be totally conflicting information.

Screenshots attached of the team selection page. If all 3 are green ticked, I'd assume it should accept the line up?

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 00.27.47.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 00.28.21.png

The mention " If the rule cannot be met" is talking about the match squad rules, not about the playing 11 rules.
There are rules regarding the match squad, which state that you need to have a minimum number of homegrown players in the match squad. For this rule, you can leave free spaces on the bench if you cannot include the minimum number of HGN players for a certain match.

The U22/U21 rules state that you need to have certain players in the playing 11. Not sure how this can be connected to the players on the bench ...

Edited by Raulic

1 hour ago, Raulic said:

The mention " If the rule cannot be met" is talking about the match squad rules, not about the playing 11 rules.
There are rules regarding the match squad, which state that you need to have a minimum number of homegrown players in the match squad. For this rule, you can leave free spaces on the bench if you cannot include the minimum number of HGN players for a certain match.

The U22/U21 rules state that you need to have certain players in the playing 11. Not sure how this can be connected to the players on the bench ...

If you look at the two following screenshots, both with the same pop up preventing me submitting my team... the one with ticks across all the criteria has no Romanian u22's in the match squad (so therefore none in the starting 11) with two spaces on the bench and everything looks fine, but prevents me from playing. I then add a player to the bench and this adds a red X, assuming that it wants the space to be free.

This is why I assumed it was connected, because with two spaces on the bench, everything looks green and ready to go (regardless of my selection)

I understand your point of one of the rules being about the playing 11, but everything leads me to assume my lineup is fine. Is the bug maybe that it's giving me a green tick across the different criteria despite my lineup not meeting the rules? At the moment it seems there is no correlation between the ticks on the team selection criteria and the actual pop up (which states 0 under each category both times)

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.17.15.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.16.56.png

Edited by pconroy89

2 hours ago, pconroy89 said:

If you look at the two following screenshots, both with the same pop up preventing me submitting my team... the one with ticks across all the criteria has no Romanian u22's in the match squad (so therefore none in the starting 11) with two spaces on the bench and everything looks fine, but prevents me from playing. I then add a player to the bench and this adds a red X, assuming that it wants the space to be free.

This is why I assumed it was connected, because with two spaces on the bench, everything looks green and ready to go (regardless of my selection)

I understand your point of one of the rules being about the playing 11, but everything leads me to assume my lineup is fine. Is the bug maybe that it's giving me a green tick across the different criteria despite my lineup not meeting the rules? At the moment it seems there is no correlation between the ticks on the team selection criteria and the actual pop up (which states 0 under each category both times)

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.17.15.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.16.56.png

We're aware of this issue and working on it. Thanks for reporting.

Hi, 

I'm having an issue trying to take over a team in Liga III. The league is loaded but when I try to add a new manager, the option to select the league is greyed out. I've loaded a couple of new saves with the same result? Hopefully this shows what i mean. The league itself appears to have loaded correctly, teams are populated etc. 

234703524_RomanialigaIII.thumb.png.09f7bd71ecf635132246b598850ee7cd.png

Edited by JohnReese
Adding Screenshot.

10 hours ago, JohnReese said:

Hi, 

I'm having an issue trying to take over a team in Liga III. The league is loaded but when I try to add a new manager, the option to select the league is greyed out. I've loaded a couple of new saves with the same result? Hopefully this shows what i mean. The league itself appears to have loaded correctly, teams are populated etc. 

234703524_RomanialigaIII.thumb.png.09f7bd71ecf635132246b598850ee7cd.png

Romanian 3rd League is not playable in the default game. 

Rule changes of 2021/22 changes results in a bug with the dates of the transfer window. Not sure if this bug is just with the text presented, or the window is permanently open. You can see it at the bottom of the included image.

bug.PNG

1st: Romanian Liga1 does not have yet VAR implemented, although is present in game.

2nd: i can not continue my game since I can not confirm the 25 players requested for the 2nd team, although I do have 25 eligible players picked, but no "confirm" button is present. Current save is blocked. I can not go further.

Anyone any advice on the 2nd subject, how to continue?

Dinamo II.png

Dinamo II_2.png

Edited by Fixxer

Issue: Season-ticket sales for Steaua Bucharest have been unrealistically low for two seasons now (45 and 48 sold). Date is 22 August 2021

Presume it should be far higher as other Romanian clubs are selling far more. 

Proof:

image.png.af874771e8e0d58247715b7206002b17.png

And proof of other Liga 1 clubs season ticket sales: 

image.png

Edited by iacovone

I don`t know that for sure, if the game is similar to the last year edition (based on this issue), the season tickets number will grow with the positives results you have in the league and in Europe.

Similar to the U20 rules for Liga 1,   In my Liga 2 test save,  the league rules page has this (2 U20, 1 U18 )

image.png.b1046bd4740612ec445cbeafdd2f5101.png

However on the match squad screen the rule states U19  (but is functioning for U18)

image.png.e5629fd7946b53a66ba836ef2283869f.png

This confused me greatly until I backed out and looked at league rules.

either way it should be corrected, but I'm hoping the correct rule is U19, not U18 :)

The Liga 2 system in Romania is BROKEN. The current format is temporary due to COVID(the current format is as follows - each team plays all other teams ONCE, then the top 6 are drawn into a playoff where each team plays all other teams TWICE, with the top two promoting and the 3rd and 4th place battle it out with L1 teams for the third promotion spot). But the game actually maintains this system. Not only that, but in the first season there are 21 teams, whereas the following seasonS(plural), there are only 20(which proves it is a temporary system as more teams promoted than intended and they have to get rid of one) 

But let's leave that aside. Let's assume the system is there to stay forever. Liga 1 teams (most of them) have II teams(secondary / reserves teams) allowed to compete nationally up to Liga 2. They cannot promote, but they CAN win the title. But the game does not allow them to join the playoff. Proof here: https://prnt.sc/vnw8fi and here https://prnt.sc/vnwa5u

But you know what happens? Instead of having 7th place, 8th place and so on play in the playoffs, the game FOR SOME REASON decides to pull a random League 4(Liga IV) team and have them compete in the playoffs. Proof here(for the first photo): https://prnt.sc/vnwarj https://prnt.sc/vnwauk https://prnt.sc/vnwayi and here(for the second photo): https://prnt.sc/vnwb38 https://prnt.sc/vnwb77

Metalul Buzau seems to actually be a Liga III(third tier) team, unlike the ones I spotted this year which are 4th tier teams, so I am not quite sure what criteria the game uses to decide upon who joins the playoff, but whatever it is - it's BROKEN and must be fixed ASAP because this is literally unplayable and unacceptable. 

If you refuse to drop the league system entirely (which you should if you want your game to be realistic and not another FIFA-type of game that does not care about competition rules whatsoever), at the very least change this hideous bug and let teams in 7th, 8th, 9th, etc compete in the playoffs. 

ALSO, just a minor thing: I am currently playing as FC U Craiova and my reserves team SHOULD BE in the 4th tier of Romanian football. While that is not in the game, so I understand why the players only get to play friendlies, they are clear-cut favorites to promote, yet I am 3rd seasons into the saves (just completed my third) and they are still seemingly stuck there. Will they ever promote? There is no way for me to tell, as I cannot even view who promoted. 

3 hours ago, SarcasticAnt said:

The Liga 2 system in Romania is BROKEN. The current format is temporary due to COVID(the current format is as follows - each team plays all other teams ONCE, then the top 6 are drawn into a playoff where each team plays all other teams TWICE, with the top two promoting and the 3rd and 4th place battle it out with L1 teams for the third promotion spot). But the game actually maintains this system. Not only that, but in the first season there are 21 teams, whereas the following seasonS(plural), there are only 20(which proves it is a temporary system as more teams promoted than intended and they have to get rid of one) 

But let's leave that aside. Let's assume the system is there to stay forever. Liga 1 teams (most of them) have II teams(secondary / reserves teams) allowed to compete nationally up to Liga 2. They cannot promote, but they CAN win the title. But the game does not allow them to join the playoff. Proof here: https://prnt.sc/vnw8fi and here https://prnt.sc/vnwa5u

But you know what happens? Instead of having 7th place, 8th place and so on play in the playoffs, the game FOR SOME REASON decides to pull a random League 4(Liga IV) team and have them compete in the playoffs. Proof here(for the first photo): https://prnt.sc/vnwarj https://prnt.sc/vnwauk https://prnt.sc/vnwayi and here(for the second photo): https://prnt.sc/vnwb38 https://prnt.sc/vnwb77

Metalul Buzau seems to actually be a Liga III(third tier) team, unlike the ones I spotted this year which are 4th tier teams, so I am not quite sure what criteria the game uses to decide upon who joins the playoff, but whatever it is - it's BROKEN and must be fixed ASAP because this is literally unplayable and unacceptable. 

If you refuse to drop the league system entirely (which you should if you want your game to be realistic and not another FIFA-type of game that does not care about competition rules whatsoever), at the very least change this hideous bug and let teams in 7th, 8th, 9th, etc compete in the playoffs. 

ALSO, just a minor thing: I am currently playing as FC U Craiova and my reserves team SHOULD BE in the 4th tier of Romanian football. While that is not in the game, so I understand why the players only get to play friendlies, they are clear-cut favorites to promote, yet I am 3rd seasons into the saves (just completed my third) and they are still seemingly stuck there. Will they ever promote? There is no way for me to tell, as I cannot even view who promoted. 

If you are romanian, please contact me in private or on fmro.ro.
Some of the issues you mention ... are not "issues". This is just the reality we can have ingame. 

I can confirm the issue with II/B Teams playing in Romanian 2nd League Champions Playoff. This issue was already reported to SI and we are expecting a fix.
Unfortunately ... the rest of your reply seems a bit off ...

I am playing as Rapid Bucuresti and I have received an email to register 15 players to be available only for the first team.

When I click on respond I get to the normal squad view and there is no where to register the players

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, Taccoa said:

I am playing as Rapid Bucuresti and I have received an email to register 15 players to be available only for the first team.

When I click on respond I get to the normal squad view and there is no where to register the players

Thanks for the information, this is an issue that we are aware of and are currently investigating.

Although not ideal, a short term workaround is to go on holiday for a day and you should then be able to continue your game as normal. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, weepube said:

So finished a respectable 8th and now been drawn into Group B of the Relegation league

8142b10bfd1762e63431d0f4d8af0e42.png.c9335319a38e819a522391b9cb004718.png                  91660cb45420a66bd2e7c266f53e978d.png.82aced8d166636a52b9ac6145c22d267.png

That is correct. Any team that finishes below the top 6 will get drawn into potential relegation groups. If in doubt, you can check on the Rules page of the competition. 

5 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

That is correct. Any team that finishes below the top 6 will get drawn into potential relegation groups. If in doubt, you can check on the Rules page of the competition. 

sorry posted in wrong thread

In the second division, after the transfer window, you are required to select a registration of 15 players declared for 1st team only.  when you click the register button you are taken to a standard squad view, with no options to register (no in/out etc).   I've played with the available squad views and non allow me to register,  the only way I found to get by this was to holiday for a day, 2x / year.  luckily I didn't have a game corresponding to that day either transfer window.

Edited by Rob Simpson

• SI Staff
On 29/11/2020 at 08:42, Rob Simpson said:

In the second division, after the transfer window, you are required to select a registration of 15 players declared for 1st team only.  when you click the register button you are taken to a standard squad view, with no options to register (no in/out etc).   I've played with the available squad views and non allow me to register,  the only way I found to get by this was to holiday for a day, 2x / year.  luckily I didn't have a game corresponding to that day either transfer window.

Thanks, we know about this issue and are working on it.

58 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

it says under the rule that the top 2 teams are promoted to Liga 1. But it seems the top 6 actually go into what they call 'champions playoff'. which is correct? 

Top 6 teams will go into the champions play-off and there after the play-off the top 2 teams are promoted to Liga 1.

Edited by Adyx

• 3 weeks later...

Currently in League II in Romania.  Just won the league.  The end of season e-mails I get one for Record High, Record Low League Draws and Record Low League Goals.  These are only pulling from the final 10 matches after the league split, not the entire season. 

• SI Staff
On 27/12/2020 at 14:24, Ragin Cajun said:

Currently in League II in Romania.  Just won the league.  The end of season e-mails I get one for Record High, Record Low League Draws and Record Low League Goals.  These are only pulling from the final 10 matches after the league split, not the entire season. 

This would be an issue for the QA staff who deal with Records.  Could you post about this in the All Other Gameplay forum please?

• 6 months later...

I realize we're well into the fm22 cycle at this point,  I wanted to provide some feedback after playing in Romania for 15 years during FM21. None of these are gamebreaking, but they lead to frustrations and foul language my cat has to endure from his perch in the assistant manager's position next to me.

I started this save in Feburary after playing a few years on a save in England.  Here some notes on a few of the frustrations related to this league's operation within the FM structure:

• The seasons roll together rather closely.   the turn over period (the email that lets you know the game has shifted seasons) occurs just a few days before the season starts, especially if involved in the supercup.   This also occurs the same week as the end of contract period causing a bit of a hassle. Planning friendlies and preseason training prove difficult,  and transfers can be a big challenge.
  • The offseason doesn't exist.   twice you get the email that the offseason break is happening, but both times the return date is the very next day.   you hold the end of season meeting, the players go off for their overnight break, then you're prompted to welcome them back, but are given the "there is no suitable reason for a team meeting" message.
  • In the fall the scheduling is a bit odd.  you tend to play games in bunches.  2-3 games over 2 weeks, then 2-3 weeks off.  this is typical from mid-october through november.
  • The registration for the champions league group stage occurs about a week before the transfer window ends, even though the games do not start until after it.  Players (especially stars) that delay signing until after the registration obviously can't be registered,  but they can get angry they were not registered and cause dynamics issues, or even demand another transfer immediatly. 
  • I'm now attempting to sign higher profile players,  and I frequently have their agent say "He would require U Cluj to improve their standing in the Romanian First League to consider joining", even though I've dominated the First League for several years, never sitting below first.
  • This is more of a general issue, and not so much Romania:   Board agrees to sell a player,  you protest, and they back down.   The offering club then makes the exact same (or as close as you can see) offer again just a few hours later and the board accepts, and there's nothing you can do,  even though you JUST convinced them otherwise.    Perhaps a grace period on that protest per player?  a week? two?  the whole transfer period?

All-in-all I'm really enjoying this save.   The story I'm able to create is a ton of fun, and I hope that the saves I choose in FM22 are as fun as the 2 I've done (so far) in FM21 have been.   Keep up the good work, SI.

Edited by Rob Simpson