[FM 20.4.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSfilment 2.0.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, QuickZombie said:

haha almost. I still had one of your previous tactics from fm19 in my folder i tried early on in fm20 which was a v2.0.....

Ah, FuSSillation_V2.0, that was a great tactic, might have a play with updating that actually.

Maybe I should stop trying to be smart with my name in the tactics :p

Edited by FuSS

Interestingly I may have been a little quick to release and jumped the gun.

I just dropped the defensive line to "standard" and my test results have improved, doing some rush tests this afternoon on holiday mode.

Edited by FuSS

1 minute ago, FuSS said:

Interestingly I may have been a little quick to release and jumped the gun.

I just dropped the defensive line to "standard" and my test results have improved, doing some rush tests this afternoon on holiday mode.

Keep changing and tweaking stuff, it's part of the FM-fun for me anyway :brock:

On 01/06/2020 at 14:56, Karlo said:

Keep changing and tweaking stuff, it's part of the FM-fun for me anyway :brock:

True, I was keen to get it finished at the wknd for the nice chaps at FMscout to test, might be 2.1 by the end of the day though lol!

Edited by FuSS

Does the new version involve the striker more? Or is «beat offside trap» the clue to get him isolated through on goal?

My semi decent striker has 15 hours goal drought, But thinking it must be related to PPMs

V2.0.0 is back up (I added the extra ".0" to avoid confusion if anyone managed to get hold of the old one.

Quite a few changes, see the change log.

I'll continue to work on this and tweak, but this is the new base as far as I'm concerend.

3 hours ago, FuSS said:

V2.0.0 is back up (I added the extra ".0" to avoid confusion if anyone managed to get hold of the old one.

Quite a few changes, see the change log.

I'll continue to work on this and tweak, but this is the new base as far as I'm concerend.

Does your striker score a lot @FuSS ? Mine not getting many shots. Team has around 25 shots but  my striker just 1 of them.

1 hour ago, campos08 said:

Does your striker score a lot @FuSS ? Mine not getting many shots. Team has around 25 shots but  my striker just 1 of them.

I haven't had problems with my striker scoring in any of the versions, it's not a tactic where he'll hit an outlandish 30-40 goals a season, but they should still score 20 or more quite easily, which is realistic for a top striker.

I find my Mezzala and both IFs usually outscore the striker.

I am still playing with striker settings, but anything other than an Pressing Forward seems to make the rest of the tactic perform worse. I might find a way to squeeze a Pressing Forward (Attack) in, but would need to drop the AP to "support" to compensate and keep the tactic as "flexible".

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

I haven't had problems with my striker scoring in any of the versions, it's not a tactic where he'll hit an outlandish 30-40 goals a season, but they should still score 20 or more quite easily, which is realistic for a top striker.

I am still playing with striker settings, but anything other than an Pressing Forward seems to make the rest of the tactic perform worse. I might find a way to squeeze a Pressing Forward (Attack) in, but would need to drop the AP to "support" to compensate and keep the tactic as "flexible".

Once I asked that question my striker found his shooting boots. I don't expect my striker to score that many goals. My both strikers scored now 19 goals in 42 games between them. I'm happy with that.

What advice would you give if I'm playing against teams like Liverpool and i'm huge underdog? Playing with Lech Poznan btw. Would you change any instructions?

1 hour ago, campos08 said:

Once I asked that question my striker found his shooting boots. I don't expect my striker to score that many goals. My both strikers scored now 19 goals in 42 games between them. I'm happy with that.

What advice would you give if I'm playing against teams like Liverpool and i'm huge underdog? Playing with Lech Poznan btw. Would you change any instructions?

Glad to hear. 

A goal every other game is pretty reasonable for a striker on this tactic.

If a striker does hit a goal shortage, make them take penalties, tends to get them up and running again.

As for tips - if you go back a page or two you'll find my example match, funnily enough against liverpool.

Edited by FuSS

6 hours ago, FuSS said:

Interestingly I've been experimenting with this after mentioning it here and my AP(attack) actually seems to perform better as an AP(support) using the same instructions + dribble more.

This could just be due to my own players stats, but it does open up a few possibilities.

i wont say anything yet i just remember u before years ago, u made my game became really nice...you and mr hough or somethat he called :)   u were really decent. i ll try it tommorow or so :) idk why so many tactics uploaded i think i ll get confuse  xD

Throwing in my 2 cents on the tactic. I finished 5th as 1860 Munich in the Bundesliga, predicted 16th, lowest wage budget in the league, and without a particularly outstanding squad. Massive overachievement! I was using the 1.2 tactic for this whole season. 

I just followed Fuss' suggestions for each position when making signings. I did find that I lost the possession battle in most games but still tended to do well. I struggled most against sides that sat back and defended and forced me to try and break them down, though this could be more to do with the quality of my attackers! Anyway, fantastic tactic and I'm already excited to try the new version in the new season! Cheers, Fuss!

20200604101753_1.jpg

20200604101843_1.jpg

2 hours ago, MDPaul said:

Throwing in my 2 cents on the tactic. I finished 5th as 1860 Munich in the Bundesliga, predicted 16th, lowest wage budget in the league, and without a particularly outstanding squad. Massive overachievement! I was using the 1.2 tactic for this whole season. 

I just followed Fuss' suggestions for each position when making signings. I did find that I lost the possession battle in most games but still tended to do well. I struggled most against sides that sat back and defended and forced me to try and break them down, though this could be more to do with the quality of my attackers! Anyway, fantastic tactic and I'm already excited to try the new version in the new season! Cheers, Fuss!

20200604101753_1.jpg

20200604101843_1.jpg

Looking good, appreciate the feedback.

The sturggle against teams that sit-back is exactly what I've tried to address with V2.0.0, maybe give it a whirl, would love to see some more!

10 hours ago, FuSS said:

I've updated the front page and the change log.

That's me done on this tactic, I'm working on something new now!

Summary comment on the final iteration....? 

What formation are you working on with the new project?

On 06/06/2020 at 08:44, sandrobudel said:

ShoutsTell in detail?? 

I'm not sure how much more specific I can be on the shouts - they aren't that important, I just find they help and cost you nothing, so why not :) How I rotate them is on the OP.

16 hours ago, Milos93 said:

This tactic its not working for me on FM 20.4 I start with HSV, and simple I cant score a goal! :idiot:

Just ran a quick sim with HSV (all on holiday mode, using 2.01, no transfers, and no human interaction at all).

Seems okay, and a 63 Goal Difference isn't bad!

20200609134343_1.thumb.jpg.8872e999102c563eba9a71898148b507.jpg

Edited by FuSS

18 hours ago, Milos93 said:

Yes, but I wanna play game not to sim. I try every your tactics but the same problem, too many shots on and off target, domination game, everything perfect, but no goals. 

Sorry Milos, my point is that I'm unable to replicate the same problem either playing myself or letting the assistant manage.

A good pre-season is probably the most important thing, it gives your striker an opportunity to get used to playing in that way, it does usually take a few games for things to click with strikers with this tactic. 

It also very much helps to have the right sort of PPMs.

7 hours ago, FuSS said:

Sorry Milos, my point is that I'm unable to replicate the same problem either playing myself or letting the assistant manage.

A good pre-season is probably the most important thing, it gives your striker an opportunity to get used to playing in that way, it does usually take a few games for things to click with strikers with this tactic. 

It also very much helps to have the right sort of PPMs.

I can vouch for this. Had problems getting the striker to score, But you need a proper striker - one that can basically attack on his own or hold the ball and teamwork it. Plus ppms helps the inconsistent ones.

Struggled for 3 seasons, But got Nils Mortimer on loan this year and he’s ridiculing defenses on his own in 2. Bundesliga. Completely changed my team

On 10/06/2020 at 15:39, pilmalm said:

IS this results from your 2.1 version?? Out of this world! :)

It's a bit of a mix of them to be fair.

19 hours ago, Vspec1 said:

I can vouch for this. Had problems getting the striker to score, But you need a proper striker - one that can basically attack on his own or hold the ball and teamwork it. Plus ppms helps the inconsistent ones.

Struggled for 3 seasons, But got Nils Mortimer on loan this year and he’s ridiculing defenses on his own in 2. Bundesliga. Completely changed my team

Thanks, I agree, I think PPMs can really make or break a player.

2 hours ago, loisvale said:

@FuSSDo you have a Hail Mary  approach when you are entering final throw of the game and really need to score?

interested in thoughts. Beautiful tactic by the way. Plays some lovely stuff. 

Yes, I'll notch it up to "very attacking" if I haven't had a breakthrough.

It's about knowing the selectable mentalities actually do - going more attacking up the tempo, width and passing directness.

It's essentially just a really quick way to slightly alter multiple tactical sliders all at once.

In theory, a tactic with a defensive mentality, could still be much more attacking than a tactic with an attacking mentality, depending on the sliders set within that tactic.

Edited by FuSS

1 hour ago, FuSS said:r.

Yes, I'll notch it up to "very attacking" if I haven't had a breakthrough.

It's about knowing the selectable mentalities actually do - going more attacking up the tempo, width and passing directness.

It's essentially just a really quick way to slightly alter multiple tactical sliders all at once.

In theory, a tactic with a defensive mentality, could still be much more attacking than a tactic with an attacking mentality, depending on the sliders set within that tactic.

Yes being doing that. Seems to pile on the pressure. Also changing to WB attack duty both sides and  upping def line seems to put pressure on.  Perhaps will  leave def line if it is raised by mentality any way. 

thanks for sharing the tactic. 

On 11/06/2020 at 16:32, atommo75 said:

Getting the same my striker is not really scoring . playing with Spurs so Kane 

Added a Spurs test to the front page, won the triple and Kane was top goalscorer for the league - so he'll get there, despite not having any good PPMS.

Edited by FuSS

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

Just sharing this for fun.

It doesn't mean anything as it's a pre-season friendly on tour in Asia.

Never seen one player score 10 goals before!

20200613132314_1.jpg

And I never saw a team kick almost 100 times on goal during a match. Hahahaha.

Another season update from my Spurs game, now in May 2027.

Simply put, we won the League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League - principally using v1.0.0.

After so long in-game, starting with a strong Spurs squad, having had the fortune to get Sancho, Bowen, Coman and Foden for (relatively) cheap and with previous success meaning that there's money to spend when I need to, I could say that it's not down to the tactic. However, I played the opening couple of months using (your version number neatness is my version number confusion) one of the v1.2 tactics and it simply wasn't delivering the same consistent performances. Perhaps it's confirmation bias, perhaps it's simply that over however many years I've used the tactic my players have become so used to it that even maximum tactical familiarity doesn't come close to how well they work in this formation... but 1.0.0 for my Spurs side just seems unbeatable. That's almost literal, as we only lost 1 match from October to the end of the season using it.

We won every match in the CL and set a record for goals in a season, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest in the league, had the most clean sheets, made a 30m transfer profit, picked up the most penalties without conceding any, were 17th for fouls, conceded just 2 goals from set pieces, had the highest fouls against by 99, the highest shots on target by over 100, most chances created, most goals from set pieces, most crosses completed, no red cards, 18th for yellow cards... Basically, we dominated.

I'll give the v2 tactics a go... but they really have a lot to live up to!

On 13/06/2020 at 14:36, ElComandante said:

tactic version is 2.0.1? :) 

Not quite, this is a version customised for my team.

On 13/06/2020 at 18:19, knap said:

@FuSS

Just to let you know your tactic is on the list for unofficial MR L Testing.

Cool, let me know how that goes please buddy.

22 hours ago, knap said:

MR L Discord

I don't even know what discord is, i'm getting old!

19 hours ago, Majick said:

Another season update from my Spurs game, now in May 2027.

Simply put, we won the League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League - principally using v1.0.0.

After so long in-game, starting with a strong Spurs squad, having had the fortune to get Sancho, Bowen, Coman and Foden for (relatively) cheap and with previous success meaning that there's money to spend when I need to, I could say that it's not down to the tactic. However, I played the opening couple of months using (your version number neatness is my version number confusion) one of the v1.2 tactics and it simply wasn't delivering the same consistent performances. Perhaps it's confirmation bias, perhaps it's simply that over however many years I've used the tactic my players have become so used to it that even maximum tactical familiarity doesn't come close to how well they work in this formation... but 1.0.0 for my Spurs side just seems unbeatable. That's almost literal, as we only lost 1 match from October to the end of the season using it.

We won every match in the CL and set a record for goals in a season, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest in the league, had the most clean sheets, made a 30m transfer profit, picked up the most penalties without conceding any, were 17th for fouls, conceded just 2 goals from set pieces, had the highest fouls against by 99, the highest shots on target by over 100, most chances created, most goals from set pieces, most crosses completed, no red cards, 18th for yellow cards... Basically, we dominated.

I'll give the v2 tactics a go... but they really have a lot to live up to!

Great results.

Makes perfect sense - for a great team V1 would probably be better as it has a higher line.

That's the problem with trying to make tactics that please everyone, you've got to find the thing that's more "in the middle".

I swore I wouldn't do anything else on this tactic, but I've been playing with the inside forwards.

Be interested to know how everyone else does with them set "stay wide" instead of "sit narrow".

I actually think it's better as that rule only applied during the "build-up phase", which means your IFs are in more space to receive a pass and THEN cut-inside during the "attack phase", rather than crowding the CF.

?

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

I swore I wouldn't do anything else on this tactic, but I've been playing with the inside forwards.

Be interested to know how everyone else does with them set "stay wide" instead of "sit narrow".

I actually think it's better as that rule only applied during the "build-up phase", which means your IFs are in more space to receive a pass and THEN cut-inside during the "attack phase", rather than crowding the CF.

?

From real life football knowledge, you would say that it indeed makes a lot more sense to give your wingers the instruction 'stay wide' in possession of the ball. Unfortunately, this doesn't work this way in Football Manager. I think that's why you see so few good working tactics with this choice enabled.

It is the eternal discussion, do you make a tactic with only parts that you think should work well? Or make a tactic that works well. If you know what I mean ;)

On 15/06/2020 at 10:51, FuSS said:

Adding those instructions may help keep right IF and Mezzala further apart. As an added bonus keeps AI defence on their toes if altering instruction in match. Giving it a go. 

On 18/06/2020 at 01:16, VEGETA said:

What about training? How do you deal with it?

For general training, I use the FM Korea schedules that are on the forum somewhere.

For individual training, I set everyone to their exact position in the tactic - i.e. don't leave it at the default "FB" but specifically select "fullback attack".

I then put everyone on double intensity training. 

Bare in mind that I rotate a 22, so injuries aren't an issue.

I also do a VERY HEAVY pre-season, I book a friendly every two days - usually against the best opposition I can find, unless the board forces me to go on a training camp somewhere, in which case I have to use local sides.

Edited by FuSS

5 hours ago, FuSS said:

For general training, I use the FM Korea schedules that are on the forum somewhere.

For individual training, I set everyone to their exact position in the tactic - i.e. don't leave it at the default "FB" but specifically select "fullback attack".

I then put everyone on double intensity training. 

Bare in mind that I rotate a 22, so injuries aren't an issue.

I also do a VERY HEAVY pre-season, I book a friendly every two days - usually against the best opposition I can find, unless the board forces me to go on a training camp somewhere, in which case I have to use local sides.

Do you leave additional focus to 'none'?

On 19/06/2020 at 18:28, TheUnderdog said:

Do you leave additional focus to 'none'?

For the majority of players, yes.

I use it to build particular stats if they are low for that position - i.e. if a player I intend to use as an Inside-Forward isn;t that fast, then an additional focus on pace and acceleration is necessary.

At their very best with this tactic/these tactics you'd expect the PF to get maybe 1 in 2 - I've played as Spurs for several seasons with Kane, Parrott and Haaland, and that's about the best I've got. It's the wingers who really get the goals in this tactic; Jarrod Bowen in my last season using 1.0.0 scored about 24 despite rotating heavily with Kingsley Coman. If I'd paid a little more attention I'd have played Bowen more and he'd have probably scored more, but I wasn't short of goals even with Coman misfiring.