Sacked while 1st in the league

Playing with Roma in my first season, currently 1st in the league with two games to go, minimum expectation was to get in Europa league, just lost the Italian cup to Lazio in the Final and my bored sacked me for not winning any silverware this season, even though im about to win the league.

I've just come off the back of being sacked by Newcastle by new owners while 6th in the league in the first season.

Seems to be ruining the game and makes me apprehensive about sinking another 10 hours into a season just to get sacked for being successful .

Anyone else had these problems?, cheers 

Yup, I recognize your problems, havn´t been sacked but was very close in spite of doing extremely well.

From what I have read some boards are really nice, Newcastle was actually supposed to be one of them .... most are however totally brain dead. Seems most boards act like Real Madrid´s.

Yours sounds very much like a bug unless you have done something extremely stupid like player sales the board isn´t happy about or other events in that manner. You should send that save file to SI, don´t think Roma is known for sacking managers left and right.

Edited by AurioDK

5 hours ago, rvrc said:

Playing with Roma in my first season, currently 1st in the league with two games to go, minimum expectation was to get in Europa league, just lost the Italian cup to Lazio in the Final and my bored sacked me for not winning any silverware this season, even though im about to win the league.

I've just come off the back of being sacked by Newcastle by new owners while 6th in the league in the first season.

Seems to be ruining the game and makes me apprehensive about sinking another 10 hours into a season just to get sacked for being successful .

Anyone else had these problems?, cheers 

That clearly sounds like a bug, so please report it in the Bugs forum

1 hour ago, Urbmiz said:

A real life recent example would be Ernesto Valverde getting sacked after losing to Atletico in Supercopa de España with Barcelona first in La Liga.

NO

DON'T OPEN THE THREAD: LIKE IN REAL LIFE

3 hours ago, Garethjohn79 said:

What and how many requests have you made to the board they get really peed off with managers sticking there nose in.

You completely missed the point of the post. The sacking has been made due to no silverware won yet his team can still win the league title. No board in the world would sack a manger in this position

2 hours ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Really! Perhaps FM 20 has added volatile Chairmen into the game for a change. Its his second sacking already perhaps he makes to many requests, and they told him to do one. Being knocked out sent him over unsecure into sacked.

I dont believe he mentioned making multiple board requests. In this case its clearly a bug

This is a bug. It's not a volatile sacking, it's a fairly predictable error - the game considers 'silverware won' to have failed after the team is knocked out of all cup competitions, forgetting that they can still win the league title which satisfies the demand.

There could other contributing factors this. Examples being the brand of football, lack of signinings of players under the age of 23, the morale within the changining room.

I had a simliar issue with Swansea City sitting top of the championship when the board were happy in mid table that season. My job at the time was insecure due to the moral of certain players within the squad.