FM20 Tactics by TFF

Playing with Real Sociedad.

First season, started with Annihilator but changed to Cerber 4 when it was released. Second place in league, out in semi final in the cup.

Second season, won league, EURO League and Spanish cup!! Had a really good defensive record, think I let in around 20 goals in the league.

Thirs season, my record in the league is 7-3-4. Lost last match 1-2 at home against Vigo. In CL I’m through to the next round. 

Is it FM being FM or what is wrong? There is no new patch right? My team is not playing and pressing like last season. I have improved my squad slowely and with loans as the economy was not the best. I don’t know how many “open goals” we’ve missed so far this season. Almost “every” corner against us is a conceded goal etc etc. 

I don’t know how to write a PM if you want my save... :)

Appreciate your tactics as always and I still feel Cerber is a lovely tactic, I just don’t think FM want me dominate  ;)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Josifovski said:

Playing with Real Sociedad.

First season, started with Annihilator but changed to Cerber 4 when it was released. Second place in league, out in semi final in the cup.

Second season, won league, EURO League and Spanish cup!! Had a really good defensive record, think I let in around 20 goals in the league.

Thirs season, my record in the league is 7-3-4. Lost last match 1-2 at home against Vigo. In CL I’m through to the next round. 

Is it FM being FM or what is wrong? There is no new patch right? My team is not playing and pressing like last season. I have improved my squad slowely and with loans as the economy was not the best. I don’t know how many “open goals” we’ve missed so far this season. Almost “every” corner against us is a conceded goal etc etc. 

I don’t know how to write a PM if you want my save... :)

Appreciate your tactics as always and I still feel Cerber is a lovely tactic, I just don’t think FM want me dominate ;)

I think it has to do a lot with the season expectations. All TTF tactics will help you greatly overachieve as long as you are an underdog.

Once you are regarded as a title challenger, Opposition teams will try to explore your weakness rather than attacking you.

I was using ANNIHILATOR V1 for one season and half and I think it was amazing!

I try to switch to Cerber V4 and the the results was outrageously good!

I'm with Benfica, and spoiler alert, I won a curse with many years!

First games:

imagem.thumb.png.8fd146da5fee68b17cc2424818598560.png

The cherry on the cake:

imagem.thumb.png.dd0d14d764664ce342fe5182a27f9b24.png

imagem.thumb.png.51284692d0d639a8db428e432d40ebcf.png

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!

1 hour ago, ProLowe said:

I think it has to do a lot with the season expectations. All TTF tactics will help you greatly overachieve as long as you are an underdog.

Once you are regarded as a title challenger, Opposition teams will try to explore your weakness rather than attacking you.

They have been pretty consistent actually, whether underdog or favourite. Most common commentary:

'How did he miss that??'

'He misses an absolute sitter!!'

Followed by a hoof over the top for 0-1. If I didn't have a goalkeeper pulling off miracles it'd be worse and the tendency to give the ball away on the edge of the opposition box is unreal

Case in point now: 4 games in a row drawn in the last minute thanks to hoofs over the top, twice against sides in the relegation zone. Accompanied by the usual missed sitters and a well-timed 1 month injury to boot. It's beyond a joke and you can see it coming every time irrespective of the tactic employed or instructions given. It has been like this for 7 seasons!

2 hours ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Case in point now: 4 games in a row drawn in the last minute thanks to hoofs over the top, twice against sides in the relegation zone. Accompanied by the usual missed sitters and a well-timed 1 month injury to boot. It's beyond a joke and you can see it coming every time irrespective of the tactic employed or instructions given. It has been like this for 7 seasons!

Maybe you should send him your save so he can check it out ?

I tried the Figher tactic with Benfica - I won everything, including the Champions League (beating Liverpool in the final, having beaten Man City, Leizpig and Inter along the way)

I lost one game in the league and drew 3 - each bad result was with my second string whilst resting for the Champions Leauge.

Seems an amazing tactic to me!

Hey TFF,

In your opinion, who is the best between Tielesman and Madisson to play AMC with the tactic Cerber V4 ?

Madisson has the PPM "comes deep to get ball".

I'm in 2021, and I play with Benfica, my first choice was Havertz (want to go only to ManCity), 2nd choice Aouar (to expensive for me, I can buy him for 105 M€ but I have only 75 m€), 3rd choise Zaniolo (want to go only to Liverpool). 

20 minutes ago, salora said:

Hey TFF,

In your opinion, who is the best between Tielesman and Madisson to play AMC with the tactic Cerber V4 ?

Madisson has the PPM "comes deep to get ball".

I'm in 2021, and I play with Benfica, my first choice was Havertz (want to go only to ManCity), 2nd choice Aouar (to expensive for me, I can buy him for 105 M€ but I have only 75 m€), 3rd choise Zaniolo (want to go only to Liverpool). 

Hi,

I find Maddison is better than Tielesman for the AMC position in Cerber V4 tactic

I suggest starting to unlearn him "Comes Deep To Get Ball" PPM as soon as possible

On 15/04/2020 at 16:52, delaneytomlinson said:

narrow in possession, I'm unbeaten in 53 games, 6 CL finals in a row 3 wins, 9 league titles in 10 seasons, most points record, most goals scored record, most wins record etc.

Hi mate, have you used raptor v4 tactic for ten seasons??

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

yes i'm in my eleventh season now, the whole time using Raptor V4

I applaud you and i'm envious. I have this horrible and annoying habit of changing my tactic all the time. Some saves more than others, but annoying nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, Sezer1905 said:

Which OI would you recommend against big teams? @Totalfootballfan

Hi mate,

"Oppositions Instructions" allow you to set an individual Marking/Tackling/Closing Down setting for each opposition player during a match but I find doing something like that would take a lot of efforts and the reward for the efforts is almost none exists. The tactic already has Marking/Tackling/Closing Down setting that I find works well so I suggest not bothering with setting the OIs.

2 hours ago, DDDDaaa said:

What type of profiles would you look for for each position @delaneytomlinson ?

Defenders: Marking, Heading, Tackling, Technique, Passing, Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions and good physical.

Midfielders/Wingers: Technique, Passing, First Touch, Dribbling, Crossing, Composure, Flair, Vision, Off The Ball, Decisions and good phyiscal.

Strikers: Finishing, First Touch, Technique, Bravery, Composure, Decisions, Off The Ball, Work Rate and good physical.

Edited by delaneytomlinson

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 09:06, 8GoUrCuFf8 said:

Hi TFF, i've a question:

Why you are not using the collective instruction "get stuck in" instead of individual instruction "tackle harder" on all the players ?

Thanks you,

Hi TFF, could you please answer to mentionned question ? I would like to undestand if both instructions are giving same results.

Many thanks,

8G8

8 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Defenders: Marking, Heading, Tackling, Technique, Passing, Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions and good physical.

Midfielders/Wingers: Technique, Passing, First Touch, Dribbling, Crossing, Composure, Flair, Vision, Off The Ball, Decisions and good phyiscal.

Strikers: Finishing, First Touch, Technique, Bravery, Composure, Decisions, Off The Ball, Work Rate and good physical.

Thanks a lot !

Just to confirm my understanding:

The 2 Central Midfielders are more creators than defensive minded ?

The 2 strikers do not rely on pace so should i aim at tanks ?

2 hours ago, 8GoUrCuFf8 said:

Hi TFF, could you please answer to mentionned question ? I would like to undestand if both instructions are giving same results.

Many thanks,

8G8

I am only assuming here but if you have individual player settings, you can remove the instruction when a player is on a yellow card.

Edited by Piav86

44 minutes ago, Piav86 said:

I am only assuming here but if you have individual player settings, you can remove the instruction when a player is on a yellow card.

I only want to know if i can remove indivual instruction "tackle harder" from all players and then add collective instruction "Get stuck in"

Many thanks,

Kind regards

59 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

Yes, you can do that

Ok, just un another linked question:

Why when i'm doing that, knowledge in "marking" decrease ?

Many thanks

Edited by 8GoUrCuFf8

Hi TFF, 

I am using your Cerber V4 for sttugart, hope you can give me some advise. 

For DM and ML position, I have Guendouzi (CA151 PA160), Arne Maier (CA156 PA165) and Moriba (CA147, PA155). 

How should I position them? Guendouzi seems have better defensive attributes than Maier, but Maier ia better in passing. Shall I put Guendouzi as DLP, Moriba as ML?

If you think they are not very hood in your tactics, whom would you suggest to sign?

Thank you

38 minutes ago, JBruce20 said:

Hi TFF, 

I am using your Cerber V4 for sttugart, hope you can give me some advise. 

For DM and ML position, I have Guendouzi (CA151 PA160), Arne Maier (CA156 PA165) and

(CA147, PA155). 

How should I position them? Guendouzi seems have better defensive attributes than Maier, but Maier ia better in passing. Shall I put Guendouzi as DLP, Moriba as ML?

If you think they are not very hood in your tactics, whom would you suggest to sign?

Thank you

Hi mate,

First of all, I guess you made a typo and you meant "MCL" instead "ML" 

The attributes of the players you mentioned have changed greatly compared with the 1st season so I can't say anything without seeing their attributes in your save

25 minutes ago, I.D.E.A said:

I've try different tactics but I come back to Annihilator V1... just the best for me! 

@TFF are you working on something new? :)

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactic works good for you.

I always testing something but so far I haven't found anything better than Cerber V4, Annihilator V1 or Fighter V2

14 minutes ago, Thomas44116 said:

Hello, I use the Cerber V4 and from time to time the Cerber V4 AMR, I wanted to know if you advise to change the mentality according to the opponent  and if we play at home or outside or so you advise to always stay positive no matter the opponent ? Thank you @Totalfootballfan

Hi,

Cerber V4 gives me the best result in home and away matches so I would not suggest changing anything until you are sure that your changes improves the tactic

1 hour ago, I.D.E.A said:

I've try different tactics but I come back to Annihilator V1... just the best for me! 

@TFF are you working on something new? :)

Annihilator v1 is a fantastic tactic, but the problem with it was that I would get completely destroyed when playing away in the champions league KO stages as it's 'open in the middle'....I switched to Raptor v4 (narrow in possession) and I'm smashing it !!

Edited by Amnesia92

8 hours ago, DDDDaaa said:

Thanks a lot !

Just to confirm my understanding:

The 2 Central Midfielders are more creators than defensive minded ?

The 2 strikers do not rely on pace so should i aim at tanks ?

the two central midfielders one is a central midfielder that needs to be a playmaker and the other one is a DLP who needs to be good at marking and good defensive stats

The strikers need good pace and acceleration.

21 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

the two central midfielders one is a central midfielder that needs to be a playmaker and the other one is a DLP who needs to be good at marking and good defensive stats

The strikers need good pace and acceleration.

for RAPTOR V4?