FM20 Tactics by TFF

again, brilliant tactics.  i'm slowly playing more games under cerber v4 but annihilator works so well.  one game under cerber v4 i was 2-0 down against Chelsea away (i'm Liverpool) and i wasnt impressed.  Switched to the overload and won 4-2.  awesome.  Game 30 unbeaten in the season :-) 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Fighter V2 and in my second season as Llandudno from Welsh league.

Fighter working brilliantly, I find using fast players very effective.

Just beat Spartak Moscow over 2 legs in 4th qualifying round of Euro Cup to get through to group stages (they are far superior team to us).

Great work TFF.

Quick questions for anyone on here who has experience with this......

Best countries to scout for wonderkid regens etc & if I want to bring through fast players into my youth academy do I select a Head of Youth development with high physical stats ?

Hi @Totalfootballfan, I want to say thank you for your tactics, I have tried many but yours have been so much better with beautiful football, I am managing Chelsea in the second season and started using your tactics from the start of the second season and its been great. I had a horrible start though lost 0-3 in my first match but persisted with it and now I am on a good run of form. Won 14 on the run now.

Edited by Brutos

10 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

No, I don't suggest changing the mentality but during matches you always can use Shield Wall tactic to boost the defense in cost of the attack and you always can use the Overload version to boost the attack in cost of the defense.

Hello everybody
Are there any tactics that take advantage of bugs this year?

9 minutes ago, I.M.F.C said:

I have to say Annihilator V1 is the best for me, even if it's archieved.
Tested with severals saves, no doubt.

agree, to me, the Annihilator V1 is more attacking than Cerber V4, but maybe Cerber V4 is more stable? Both works well with a Elite team, I couldnt see the differences. 

Used Cerber v4 for the first time in the 22/23 season and went undefeated in the league with Arsenal. Most of my players arent even fully adapted to the roles and we still dominated. Unfortunately, I got knocked out in the last 16 of the champions league.

My season with Atletico using Annihilator. Won all 30 games with that, and 8 games played with Cerber. I was winning with higher goal difference in the first part of the season, but still kept winning in the second part. Also won CL final 4-0 over Liverpool.

bbbbbb.png

aaaaaaaa.png

12 minutes ago, I.M.F.C said:

Cerber V4 is weak defensively compare to Annihilator !!

I've had 18 clean sheets in a row using Cerber V4. I've found it much better defensively.

Edited by StewG

26 minutes ago, I.M.F.C said:

Cerber V4 is weak defensively compare to Annihilator !!

I disagree! for me it is the more stable at that back of all tatics tff posted until now! you cant judge that for half a season or even 2 full seasons! you need at least 400 games to start making that kind of comparisons! and on the long run cerber v4 scores more and concedes less than anihilator or fighter! you can go to fm arena and check the stats of both ! 

https://fm-arena.com/table/6-Patch-20-3-0-20-4-0/

1 hour ago, Jonas91 said:

and on the long run cerber v4 scores more and concedes less than anihilator or fighter! you can go to fm arena and check the stats of both ! 

In this test Annihilator scored the most and Cerber conceded less. I will say the tactics performance are very similiar. You'll overachieve great with both anyway.

I prefer the Annihilator because I love the formation and it's got more attacking potensial.

But its no right or wrong, it also depends a lot of what players you have. Like if you've many good central midfielders or attacking midfielders.

Just now, Konglarsen123 said:

Anyone experience difficulties performing with the tactics after the first season? I am Watford and won the Premier League in first season with Cerber V4, but I have lost the first three games of the second season... 

Because now you are a top team everyone will sit in and counter attack.

41 minutes ago, MAECK said:

I am the only one who thinks that cerber4 is not as good as Annihilator V1?

I had the opposite, cerber v3 and 4 gave me good results in different test holiday seasons with teams of different level while annihilator was more difficult to get working...

1 hour ago, Konglarsen123 said:

Anyone experience difficulties performing with the tactics after the first season? I am Watford and won the Premier League in first season with Cerber V4, but I have lost the first three games of the second season... 

1 hour ago, Konglarsen123 said:

Thanks for the reply. I will see if I can turn this around. Other people seems to have succes for a several seasons, with these tactics though. 

The higher your reputation, the more serious AI managers take you and the more difficult to play against them 

In the 1st season Watford is predicted 13th but using a very effective tactic and having a very low reputation allowed you to win EPL which is amazing results but after that your reputation significantly improved and the AI managers started to consider you as a very serious threat which greatly increased difficulty so now you need much stronger team to achieve the same result as you achieved in the 1st season

Also, it might be just randomness because the weaker your compared other teams in the league the more random result you get, for example, with a mid table team such Watford your result at the end of the season might varies up to 20% which means your best result at the end of the season might be as high as 90pts and your worst result might be as low 68pts and if you want reduce this randomness then you need to improve your team because the stronger your team compared with other teams in the league the less random your result at the end of season 

6 hours ago, catoV said:

My season with Atletico using Annihilator. Won all 30 games with that, and 8 games played with Cerber. I was winning with higher goal difference in the first part of the season, but still kept winning in the second part. Also won CL final 4-0 over Liverpool.

bbbbbb.png

aaaaaaaa.png

4 hours ago, tzahy said:

Lyon  so far so good  Fighter v2

Screenshot_167.png

I'm glad to hear it works good for you, mates :)

12 minutes ago, Agressif said:

Tactic not working. Squad current ability 145+

fm1.png

fm2.png

Are you using Overload and Shield Wall when needed? i got some 1 goal wins thanks to changing to shield wall in the last minutes ! 

And it doesnt matter if all your squad is 145+ if all of them are low on Determination and Work Rate! you should give special attention to this attributes for all positions! also having a good determined staff is key for the players to not have drops in the Determination stat! there are good staff filter on passion4fm website ! ;)

Edited by Jonas91

12 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

Are you using Overload and Shield Wall when needed? i got some 1 goal wins thanks to changing to shield wall in the last minutes ! 

And it doesnt matter if all your squad is 145+ if all of them are low on Determination and Work Rate! you should give special attention to this attributes for all positions! also having a good determined staff is key for the players to not have drops in the Determination stat! there are good staff filter on passion4fm website ! ;)

I using  instant result. I use staff filter and player filter.

fm3.PNG

fm4.PNG

1 minute ago, Agressif said:

I using  instant result. I use staff filter and player filter.

Well if you use IR then you cant use Overload or Shield Wall and the recomended shouts so its more normal that you cant get the results you desire! If you dont Micro Manage your team you cant expect to have the kind of results that ppl who micro manage their teams and follow all recommendations get ! ;)

7 минут назад Totalfootballfan сказал:

Привет,

Скриншоты прогнозов СМИ до начала сезона, например, так:

Спойлер

медиа-prediction.thumb.png.4e6d181b7c93857ef389e05c6b1f3992.png

Кроме того, вы можете опубликовать скриншот

Спойлер

dynamics.thumb.png.857703c37ca39be8ccaaa9cc052a6951.png

фм 2020-04-05 19-03-59-623.jpg907668287_fm2020-04-0519-07-32-898.thumb.jpg.7769b20146e79a37e5e7f3579dfd579c.jpg

Edited by Agressif

@Agressif at the media prediction screen I see that your team is weaker than Schalke 04 and the average CA of the best 17 players Schalke 04 is about 138CA so your team can't be 145CA + as you said

schalke-ca.thumb.png.5a79da54fd43fb365a39d279b5a10943.png

Also, you said that you play with Instant Result and that means:

- you can't control the team talks and your assistant manager might be poor in it

- you can't control the Touchline Shouts and your assistant manager might be poor in it

- you can't control the substitutions and your assistant manager might poor in it

- you can't manage "Hard Tackle" during matches which might significantly decrease the result

- you can't use Shield Wall and the Overload version during matches but a proper use of these tactics can significantly  boost your result

Anyway, to say that the tactic is "working" or "not working" you need to finish the season with it and if you finish the season above your media prediction(which is 4th) then it means that the tactic is "working"

40 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

@Agressif at the media prediction screen I see that your team is weaker than Schalke 04 and the average CA of the best 17 players Schalke 04 is about 138CA so your team can't be 145CA + as you said

Spoiler

Schalke-ca.thumb.png.5a79da54fd43fb365a39d279b5a10943.png

Also, you said that you play with Instant Result and that means:

- you can't control the team talks and your assistant manager might be poor in it

- you can't control the Touchline Shouts and your assistant manager might be poor in it

- you can't control the substitutions and your assistant manager might poor in it

- you can't manage "Hard Tackle" during matches which might significantly decrease the result

- you can't use Shield Wall and the Overload version during matches but a proper use of these tactics can significantly  boost your result

Anyway, to say that the tactic is "working" or "not working" you need to finish the season with it and if you finish the season above your media prediction(which is 4th) then it means that the tactic is "working"

fm5.thumb.PNG.6e1e92c367305028e15f4804069a5bb3.PNG

Compared to the second season, when the line-up was 120. I bought better players, but I play the same way. The team scores 1-2 goals in matches. Tactics only work with underdogs

And past seasons. 

846841816_fm2020-04-0519-46-30-064.thumb.jpg.d2576d4d0732b086c33ac036038bd481.jpg1577914534_fm2020-04-0519-46-44-587.thumb.jpg.a9f6b66f5bb412e1255faca3c783efe2.jpg1640640074_fm2020-04-0519-46-48-832.thumb.jpg.9daf8b91fa93347ba865221faff8f5d8.jpg

Edited by Agressif

Hi friends. Thank you a lot TFF for your tatitc. I love used them all the time. 

I would like just to ask if you have one tatical to play out of home (away) against stonger oponents that play a football more direct in the counter attack.

For example in the champions league when i play against barcelona, liverpool, real madrid, city,psg i never win in their homes.

What tatic do you recommend for playing away in champions league in knock out eliminatories?

thank you a lot for your tatics TFF  :)

2 minutes ago, josejuliaoalmeida@gmail.com said:

I would like just to ask if you have one tatical to play out of home (away) against stonger oponents that play a football more direct in the counter attack.

For example in the champions league when i play against barcelona, liverpool, real madrid, city,psg i never win in their homes.

What tatic do you recommend for playing away in champions league in knock out eliminatories?

you dont need to win at their home if they dont win at yours! you should begin with the balanced approach ( cerber v4 ) and then use overload or shield wall depending on the situation! meanwhile you have to give everything and take more risks in home games! when you build a team as strong as they have you will be able to more easily snatch good results away! dont expect winning at old trafford with a championship level team ! 95% of the time you will lose!

@Agressif

54 minutes ago, Agressif said:

fm5.thumb.PNG.6e1e92c367305028e15f4804069a5bb3.PNG

The development of many players look unrealistic to me...

For example, Adam Hlozek starts the 1st season with 114CA and his development in your save looks unrealistic to me because only after few season he managed to get 48CA and reach his PA

Could you send me your save? I want to look at it

54 minutes ago, Agressif said:

And past seasons. 

You past results mean nothing for your further results because in the past you might be extremely lucky and your opponents might be unlucky, also, the more you win the higher your reputation becomes so it becomes harder to play with high reputation

I also noticed that you participate in CL and if you aren't big club such Barca, Real Madrid, Man City and Liverpool that can expect winning all competitions because they have about 20 great players then you have to prioritize the competitions, for example, if you want do well in the league then you should keep your best players "fresh" for the league matches

Anyway, to say anything certain about your results it requires finishing the season and then compare your result with your media prediction and if you finish above your media prediction then send me your save I'll check it and try to help you, 

19 minutes ago, josejuliaoalmeida@gmail.com said:

Hey mate,

I glad to hear the tactics works good for you.

I don't see there's some "magic" tactic for away matches, in my tests all tactics that have the best overall results is also have the best results in away matches but the results in away matches is always worse than the results in home matches and that's true for any tactic because the game works this way

You can think about it like in home matches the home side gets some sort of buff which boost their abilities and in away matches the away side gets some sort of debuff which decreases their abilities

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I glad to hear the tactics works good for you.

I don't see there's some "magic" tactic for away matches, in my tests all tactics that have the best overall results is also have the best results in away matches but the results in away matches is always worse than the results in home matches and that's true for any tactic because the game works this way

You can think about it like in home matches the home side gets some sort of buff which boost their abilities and in away matches the away side gets some sort of debuff which decreases their abilities

Thanks for the explanation. Bu tell me something.

What do you think about the tatic : 433 guru (3 MC near the defense-see the attached file)

Its an tatit for the FM2018 or 2019 that works to defend in the games away and direct passes into the oposition defense.... 

GURU contra ataque NOVO.fmf

Edited by josejuliaoalmeida@gmail.com

46 minutes ago, josejuliaoalmeida@gmail.com said:

Thanks for the explanation. Bu tell me something.

What do you think about the tatic : 433 guru (3 MC near the defense-see the attached file)

Its an tatit for the FM2018 or 2019 that works to defend in the games away and direct passes into the oposition defense.... 

GURU contra ataque NOVO.fmf 44.52 kB · 2 downloads

I'd say something like that would work terrible in FM20 :)

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

@Agressif

The development of many players look unrealistic to me...

For example, Adam Hlozek starts the 1st season with 114CA and his development in your save looks unrealistic to me because only after few season he managed to get 48CA and reach his PA

Could you send me your save? I want to look at it

You past results mean nothing for your further results because in the past you might be extremely lucky and your opponents might be unlucky, also, the more you win the higher your reputation becomes so it becomes harder to play with high reputation

I also noticed that you participate in CL and if you aren't big club such Barca, Real Madrid, Man City and Liverpool that can expect winning all competitions because they have about 20 great players then you have to prioritize the competitions, for example, if you want do well in the league then you should keep your best players "fresh" for the league matches

Anyway, to say anything certain about your results it requires finishing the season and then compare your result with your media prediction and if you finish above your media prediction then send me your save I'll check it and try to help you, 

I finished the season. Please check save - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mW3g10JAcP7I3Z9UI7NxpSZfjHbjAaQz

921292538_fm2020-04-0523-14-18-063.thumb.jpg.b06d901d697bbe234d43ba80f1c7665d.jpg

Edited by Agressif

3 minutes ago, Agressif said:

921292538_fm2020-04-0523-14-18-063.thumb.jpg.b06d901d697bbe234d43ba80f1c7665d.jpg

well if media prediction was 4th and you ended 2nd i would say is a good overachievement! maybe if you hadnt IR all season you would easily won the league with a good margin! ;)

1 hour ago, Agressif said:

I finished the season. Please check save

Using Fighter V2 tactic and playing with Instant Result you finished the 2nd place(2 points less than the 1st place ) with a team predicted 4th... I'd say it's a good result, taking into consideration, the way you play and the tactic you use

Also, if you play with Instant Result then you assistant manager is responsible for such thing as:

- team talks

- touch line shouts

- substitutions

so you he must have a proper attributes to do it good

For example, your assistant manager has a very low Motivation attributes "7" when Jürgen Klopp has "20" Motivation so your assistant manager is very poor when it comes to motivation your team which significantly affects your results

As I said when you play with Instant Result your assistant manager does many task during matches so if he's got poor attributes for it then your result also will be negatively affected 

assistant-manager.thumb.png.e5d71954443b8971f3ce5ffee5e77325.png

jurgen-klopp.thumb.png.8f1a61877bdcd4ee76e19ae8578d75b2.png

1 hour ago, Agressif said:

I finished the season. Please check save

Also, it looks like "Instant Result" is bugged for the full game or something  like that because I don't see that your assistant manager produces any substitutions during matches

I would suggest avoiding using Instant Result in the full game mode and if you want to play with Instant Result then you can play FM Touch mode where it's supported officially

instant-results.thumb.png.7f14ba0eb485bf10d83eb0bcee034348.png

431663495_instant-results2.thumb.png.b097ebd9d4d4c291dd62aed44c0540ef.png

4 minutes ago, josejuliaoalmeida@gmail.com said:

Hi mates and TFF!

I would like to question you guys about what do you guys do in this menu (oposition instructions): 

Its never easy to know what to do to boost the victory isn´it?

team instructions.jpg

I don't use any OIs and I don't delegate setting them to the assistant manager