Head of Youth Development Personality

I`ve hired a HoYD with perfectionist personality hoping it would produce some regens with the same personality,but after savescumming a lot it seems to only be producing players with a  fairly loyal personality. What personality would you say are the best for a HoYD?

38 minutes ago, Domathon said:

save scummin is stil possible in fm20?

I did 50 on the day of the youth intake to see what personality traits a perfectionist would give regens and fairly loyal was the most common followed by fairly professional. Will sign Bernhard Peters for the next to see how a model professional fares

10 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Aren’t the players your looking at getting through the youth intake now pre set when you receive your mail item about what type of players you’ve got coming through a few months before the intake happens?

No,it doesnt seem to be set in stone only from that preview. I had huge variance in PA over those 50 tries

33 minutes ago, Farcas80 said:

No,it doesnt seem to be set in stone only from that preview. I had huge variance in PA over those 50 tries

thank you for testing this, i was kind of hoping they had weened it out i myself i guilty of save scumming and down the line staying at 1 club for a long career its pretty hardcore cheating.

6 hours ago, Farcas80 said:

But maybe the personalities are more likely to be set? You'd have to see if next year's intake has 2 or 3 players with a very good personality. 

Is your youth manager fairly loyal? 

16 hours ago, Farcas80 said:

I`ve hired a HoYD with perfectionist personality hoping it would produce some regens with the same personality,but after savescumming a lot it seems to only be producing players with a  fairly loyal personality. What personality would you say are the best for a HoYD?

The HoYD personality will only influence personalities, not necessarily produce newgens of the same personality as you seem to be hoping for (although possible).  So if for example your HoYD has high Determination, you could expect some newgens to generally have higher Determination (although not necessarily as high) than if your HoYD had lower Determination.

None of this is guaranteed to happen of course, it only affects the chance of it happening.

I'll add as well that while "good" personalities in newgens are nice to have, it's not the end of the world.  They're only 16 year old kids after all and will probably be heavily influenced as they grow by the rest of your squad's dynamics and Mentoring systems you put into place.

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/12/2019 at 20:12, Farcas80 said:

I did 50 on the day of the youth intake to see what personality traits a perfectionist would give regens and fairly loyal was the most common followed by fairly professional. Will sign Bernhard Peters for the next to see how a model professional fares

Did you get any perfectionist in the 50 rounds run? Or none. Because if you didn't, that means that the chances to get a similar personality increase with almost nothing. By the way, Bruno Conti from AS Roma is Model Citizen with 20 WWY, 20-19 JPP JPA, if those matter. 

I don't know, I know that people say that the HOYD affects only personality and position, but.. then why give them stats? Why big clubs with good regens have high WWY, JPP and JPA? Better safe than sorry if you can afford it.

8 hours ago, godzilu said:

Did you get any perfectionist in the 50 rounds run? Or none. Because if you didn't, that means that the chances to get a similar personality increase with almost nothing. By the way, Bruno Conti from AS Roma is Model Citizen with 20 WWY, 20-19 JPP JPA, if those matter. 

I don't know, I know that people say that the HOYD affects only personality and position, but.. then why give them stats? Why big clubs with good regens have high WWY, JPP and JPA? Better safe than sorry if you can afford it.

Better coaches have better stats generally so you're right, its a good indicator.   WWY, JPP and JPA though are for things that come after the intake

8 hours ago, godzilu said:

Why big clubs with good regens have high WWY, JPP and JPA? Better safe than sorry if you can afford it.

The HOYD also impact the "freak newgen". Where a newgen far above what should be possible happens.

Not saying this is definitely a cause here - I have noticed that my Head of Football can sometimes take control over bringing youth in, I have to check the staff responsibilities screen every few months to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. I have had classes where I thought my HoYD was in charge, but when the class comes in it is much more similiar to my HoF's personality and not my HoYD. Not saying this is definitely a bug, as I am in a lower league save and can only offer my coaches 1 year deals and have some turnover so it could have been my own error.

On 06/12/2019 at 12:57, Farcas80 said:

The one I would avoid is Perfectionist (horrible temperament). Historically, Professional/Model Professional are the best ones. :)

5 minutes ago, Twitch.Wessek said:

The one I would avoid is Perfectionist (horrible temperament). Historically, Professional/Model Professional are the best ones. :)

Wrong. Perfectionist is second best after Model Citizen, because he is professional and ambitious. Ronaldo is an uber professional, ambitious with some nasty temperament perfectionist.

EDIT: A perfectionist or model citizen will lose stats much slower than a professional or normal player. You can have Suarez bang goals at 35 years old at a top team, or Ronaldo, or whomever. All other personalities go to dust much faster. I would always take a perfectionist over even a Model Professional.

Edited by godzilu

11 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Wrong. Perfectionist is second best after Model Citizen, because he is professional and ambitious. Ronaldo is an uber professional, ambitious with some nasty temperament perfectionist.

EDIT: A perfectionist or model citizen will lose stats much slower than a professional or normal player. You can have Suarez bang goals at 35 years old at a top team, or Ronaldo, or whomever. All other personalities go to dust much faster. I would always take a perfectionist over even a Model Professional.

That's really interesting, thanks. Perhaps it's time for me to sharpen my man management skills, and get those Perfectionists under my lead. :)

• 3 months later...

I hate to gravedig this thread again, but Google likes it and sends people here. So, to hopefully prevent confusion...

The personality spreadsheet IS NOT ACCURATE. Maybe it was accurate in the days of FM14, but it certainly isn't now.

Exhibit A: Player who is Driven with 18 Determination, despite the spreadsheet claiming he needs 20.

Personalities.jpg