[FM20][SKIN] Evo Skin 2020

pikawa94

I would say the Nuu Skin from FM13 is a better skin than the Steklo X1 to recreate.

I was a big fan of you CFM Skin for FM17 and your Evo Skin from FM16 though if you think about creating something along the lines of those.

Excited to see what you come up with and glad you will be back skinning in FM20 earlier this time as your skins are always of a high standard.

@Alexpuk2002, also I am more with something like Nuu Skin than Steklo x1 - Nuu looks really clean and that is one of the most important things for me.

Glad to hear that Alex. I got my own style and whenever I am saying that I will re-create something, it doesn't mean I will copy-paste everyting - it is always my own interpretation etc. ;) so for sure a lot of "best bits" from previous versions are going to be available in upcoming skin. 

My biggest mistake last year was very late release date due to lack of free time - I am not going to repeat my mistakes. I will start with BETA release if possible!

Edited by pikawa94

It can take up a lot of free time creating skins. I know people who know what they are doing with the skins can do it a lot quicker but it does eat into your own free time.

I have edited skins in the past for my own personal use to fit better on the laptop I play FM on but I don't know too much about skinning to make my own skin.

If possible I would love to learn more to be able to create a skin myself as you are one of the best skin makers around in my opinion so it would be great to learn from you.

1 minute ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

It can take up a lot of free time creating skins. I know people who know what they are doing with the skins can do it a lot quicker but it does eat into your own free time.

Yh I created the title bar and player overview panel for tcs 2020 yesterday and it took me about two hours just to do that. It’s a nightmare sometimes 

as for the making your own skin, personally what helped me is taking a ready made panel, and building it from scratch in pieces and you’ll learn what does what. Once you have the knowledge, it’s just figuring out how to put things together

@Alexpuk2002, in my opinion skinning in general is easier than everyone thinks. Code is pretty easy to understand without any knowledge about programming.

Almost everything is built around boxes with data that you can't really edit. It is all about sorting that boxes like you wish. Much harder actually is finding stuff that You want to edit but... that comes with experience. The best is to follow @bluestillidie00 advice.

The biggest nightmare for me in creating skins is an idea. Trying to create stuff that is simple, clean, full of informations and fits most of the popular resolutions is time consuming. When I know that creating panels is just a matter of several minutes. 

@pikawa94 I have noticed that your skins usually are playable on all resolutions. As I play on a laptop a lot of the skins created now are for the higher resolutions that don't look right when played on a laptop, but yours always seems to look and fit right. How do you get them to work on all resolutions? I remember in previous FM's that there was some setting to the layout that was -1 but I could be wrong. From looking at your code you seem to use the distribute evenly option (not sure of the exact code as I am at work at the moment).

@bluestillidie00 I have edited panels from both your TCS skin and the Evo skin to fit properly on my laptop and know my way around quite a bit of the code, but the biggest area where I struggle is placing boxes and moving them to different places around the screen. I have never really tried to rebuild a ready made panel from scratch before but this is a good way to learn what does what.

@Alexpuk2002, most of the time I am just playing with minus values (-1, -5 etc.) instead of specific numbers. Because of that I can adapt my skin to the most popular resolutions easier. For example - if in one horizontal line you have got two containers with -2 and -3 width values, that means the first container will take 40% of the free space and the second one the rest. I am also using "minimum_width/height" values so if there is not enough space to fit specific container, it will just disapear.

@pikawa94 That is really interesting to know and will be useful when I start playing about with panels trying to make a decent enough skin of my own. I could go on for days asking for help and advise on how you create your skins but I don't want to take over your post. I'm sure the skin you decide to do for FM20 will be of your usual high standard and I will definitely be giving it a download once it's up.

Em 16/10/2019 em 11:13, bluestillidie00 disse:

Yh I created the title bar and player overview panel for tcs 2020 yesterday and it took me about two hours just to do that. It’s a nightmare sometimes 

as for the making your own skin, personally what helped me is taking a ready made panel, and building it from scratch in pieces and you’ll learn what does what. Once you have the knowledge, it’s just figuring out how to put things together

I like it very much :applause:

@PequenoGenio, Neue looks really good - for sure I will use it as my inspiration.

I already started creating layout but in FM19 - for sure I can transfer most of the stuff to FM20. Got a few problems already with a design but as always I need a little bit more time to sort everything in my head :D 

Wanted to create horizontal sidebar but looks like it is impossible... that's so bad. I will post some screenshots in next week for sure with my progress. Any ideas are much appreciated.

11 minutos atrás, pikawa94 disse:

@PequenoGenio, Neue looks really good - for sure I will use it as my inspiration.

I already started creating layout but in FM19 - for sure I can transfer most of the stuff to FM20. Got a few problems already with a design but as always I need a little bit more time to sort everything in my head :D 

Wanted to create horizontal sidebar but looks like it is impossible... that's so bad. I will post some screenshots in next week for sure with my progress. Any ideas are much appreciated.

I have one thing that i don´t like in the FM19 version of your skin. The font. At first it is funny and so but then it gets boring, hard to read. At least for me.

6 minutos atrás, pikawa94 disse:

@PequenoGenio, dunno about the font yet, for sure I won't use the EVO FM19 one. Suggestions appreciated here. Maybe Helvetica?

Something between the one used by @bluestillidie00 and this:

f9afd581a999061a7dd764334c56f0af.png

With more curved lines and slightly bold.

The font from FM19 and FM20 it's very straight and difficult to read in certain resolutions.

11 minutes ago, pikawa94 said:

@PequenoGenio, dunno about the font yet, for sure I won't use the EVO FM19 one. Suggestions appreciated here. Maybe Helvetica?

I use helvetica in my own personal skin which is quite a nice font to use. The font needs to be quite clean and easy to view, the font used in TCS19 is also a good font so something along those lines is what I would think works best with skins

Hey its funny, im the creator of Nuu skin. I never considered myself as a good skin maker (i can't code for ****) but its funny this skin has a sort of legacy.

A part from that, i agree the default skin will be again pretty bad, i will be waiting for your skin.

5 hours ago, ClemB said:

Hey its funny, im the creator of Nuu skin. I never considered myself as a good skin maker (i can't code for ****) but its funny this skin has a sort of legacy.

A part from that, i agree the default skin will be again pretty bad, i will be waiting for your skin.

Nuu is a cracking skin.

15 horas atrás, ClemB disse:

And the BlueO from FM15 are yours as well, right?

The Nuu was as very simple but yet amazing skin. That detail in the titlebar makes the diference

6 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Was thinking about something like this in terms of layout. Almost all graphics are going to be changed of course (titlebar, sidebar, buttons etc) - what You see is only something like... illustrative project. What You guys think about that? Can that worked out?

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.25 - 15.58.46.87.png

I like the titlebar, its something different with the layout so keep that as it is unless you can come up with something else.

If there is a possibility of having a background like the Nuu skin as you said but also having the option of displaying background images for those of us that like to use those then that would be great.

I am currently putting together a skin for FM20 myself based on your Evo FM16 skin. I am tinkering around with the club overview panel myself and have added an animation to the stadium picture to show the outside of the stadium and then 5 seconds later the inside of the stadium. What I am curently struggling with is having an overlay over the stadium picture that shows the stadium name across the top of the picture if that makes sense. I'm sure that it is a simple thing for someone like you to add.

I have also replaced the results panel in the bottom right with the honours panel to show the trophies.

18 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Was thinking about something like this in terms of layout. Almost all graphics are going to be changed of course (titlebar, sidebar, buttons etc) - what You see is only something like... illustrative project. What You guys think about that? Can that worked out?

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.25 - 15.58.46.87.png

Nice. love the section menu idea 

Hey @pikawa94, I have a suggestion if you don't mind. I'm a huge statistics nerd, and I feel like FM leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to keeping/showing records, things like player's total apps/goals for each competition, etc. Thanks to @bossland's YACS skin I found out I could at least have a player's all time career apps/goals show up on their profile. So, for FM19 I decided to edit a skin for my personal use and ended up with a frankenstein of a skin due to my lack of knowledge in skin making :D, but it worked for me.  I used code from your EVO skin along with @bossland's YACS, @bluestillidie00's TCS and OPZ skins. Huge thanks to all of you.

Anyway, my suggestion for FM20 EVO is this: I would love if you could add a player's total apps/goals somewhere on their profile.

My frankenstein edit in FM19 ended up looking like this:

2032655280_KevinDeBruyne_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c41b991c6bad69ce4652ebadf7137b73.png

As you can see there are some bugs in there due to my lack of skills in skin making. I just ended up copying/pasting code from those skins I listed above. I'm posting this suggestion (all time apps/goals on player profile) on the topics of my favorites skins for FM20. I already posted on YACS topic, and I'm "stalking" (:D) a few other great skin makers like @bluestillidie00, @wkdsoul to see if they decide to release skins for FM20 so I can make this suggestion for them as well. I really wish all time apps/goals showed by default on the base skin, hopefully SI change it for future versions of FM (one can dream).

Thanks.

10 hours ago, pikawa94 said:

Titlebar almost done! Just need to figure out how that menu section will looks like... Work goes slowly but I am moving forward everyday! :cool: 

1322876888_DesktopScreenshot2019_11.06-00_59_55_33.thumb.png.64066d356f0168675885dc84b1d69fb1.png

Looking good, doesnt help that the coding has changed slightly this year so things are taking longer to figure out. I had the basis of a decent skin created in FM19 for FM20 but I have had to re-do it as the panels didnt transfer across as easily as previous years.

One thing I have noticed with your title bar is that there seems to be a lot of space between the team name on the left and the menu section on the right. Is anything going to be displayed there or are you leaving it as is?

@Alexpuk2002, that gap depends as always on resolution and on that section with menu - more options to choose, the longer menu is. The one shown on screenshot got only 6 options... there are also ones with just 2... and with 10+. If You have got any idea how to fill that gap I am listening as always ;) For now I was thinking only about some gradient behind the menu.

Edited by pikawa94

@pikawa94 you're right the menu section does change size which I completely forgot about. I know usually the search bar is in that area but you have moved it above. Don't get me wrong it looks good and teams with longer names will fill up the bar even more so it won't be an issue. I was just thinking from that screen it looks kind of empty space between the team name and menu section.

Maybe putting the nation badge for the team there or the competition logo would be an option. A gradient effect will maybe make it look quite nice but it will depend if that takes away from the design style that you are going for.

Looking good though so far and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the various panels that you usually edit like the club overview and player overview.

@Alexpuk2002, for sure I will try to put there nation badge. Not much but still it can look a little bit better.

One of the solutions is to merge upper part of the titlebar (arrows, home, date, continue button etc.) with bottom part but... I think that will be to much and the titlebar will be overloaded. Will think about that. There is always something that can improve the overall look and functionality.

@pikawa94 I'm sure whatever you decide to do will look good. It looks good as it is so don't feel like you have to do anything that I have suggested, the nation badge or competition logo may not look good when added but you won't know until you try. Suppose one other suggestion is to space out the up and down arrows and the team name a bit more but again that might not look as good as the current layout you have.

I have been using your Evo 16 title bar for my skin that I am creating for FM20 as it was something that was simple but looked different from the main skin's title bar.