FM20 - Bundesliga(s) Thread

Pavi

I've just finished my first season with Koln, we managed to finish 4th after being predicted 13th. This was largely thanks to Cordoba and Terrode banging in loads of goals - 37 in 61 appearances between them in a counter attacking 442. I also got to the semi finals of the cup but was knocked out by Schalke.

The board has only given me £11m to spend for the Champions League challenge even after only signing Cuisance on loan last season and there's not really anyone I would want or be able to sell for big money, so we will likely only be signing a handful of rotation players to fill out the squad.

table.png

tactics.png

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.695d237bd8fdf6942731f85e705f32e4.png

I won the title with Schalke on the last day of the season.

image.thumb.png.fecaeb3bea328831b737287a10485ebd.png

Morelos my top scorer left for £28.5m to Liverpool in January as he had that as his minimum fee release clause and wouldn't sign a new contract.

I have Kaio Jorge and Matias Arezo and I also signed Adama Traore who could play upfront if need be.

So after 2 seasons with Schalke and already winning the title I think I will leave this save. I might go back to it at some point but I am thinking of doing a save with Monaco next so you might see me back in the French league thread.

I've had a poor start to the season. The mixture of lacking team cohesion and a reputation bump leading to more teams parking the bus against me means goals have been greatly reduced so far. Compounded by a 5-0 thrashing away to Barcelona in our first Champions League game.

image.thumb.png.09ea1f766f4a3fa0c651d26ad66bc68c.png

We conducted a lot of transfer business in the summer.  Resigning Gedson Fernandes on loan from Manchester United, and signing Dantas from Barcelona and Zaniolo from AS Roma. The team has issues of "prefers to play on the left in a two man pairing. 

image.thumb.png.16ca02865158eb001ee936d4ac0b6ef4.png

Generally this is our line up.  Tactically this produces build up the right hand side, with attacking play from direct running from Maldini and the LB on the other flank. 

image.thumb.png.162c41f29fdde7d01f91be7b9b896b24.png

This leads to this sort of average position, heat map and passing map of the below. Definitely suffering from a clogging up on the right hand side of midfield. I reckon we need to play wider, with the right winger really hugging the touchline. The mezzela can probably push on a little more also with the IWB covering for him in midfield. 

image.thumb.png.4375133226cecc008364e944632ddc84.png

image.thumb.png.37a08bb8e1acf161e4ef6c7dc58a0c4d.png

image.thumb.png.aeed7051755eeccb8fb0f866f7208fae.png

-

-

Edited by Swills417

Haven't updated since our title win in our 2nd season in the Bundesliga.

After our transfers in the summer, we signed one further player in January (not including youth players) - 

8114b4e132e987c6923402096376149a.png

A great name, and hopefully a great player. He cost an eye-watering £26m, our 2nd biggest transfer of the save. He's got a long way to go, but if he's half as good as Rivaldo, we've got a star.

We cleared a few out on loans over the winter, so we look forward to pushing on.

We started...indifferently. Eventually, we were trailing RBL by a considerable margin, and had as good as written off the title for this season. 

101b98b9c5987a71a090bdc6156b34f9.png

I'll take that...another really good season, and we consolidated ourselves at the top end of the table. 

We got through the groups of the CL, topping our group. We also managed to get beyond a resilient Inter side, turning it around in the second leg right at the death, before coming unstuck against Liverpool in the 1/4 finals - 

e4f001809a37d7f05a502bac80501ff9.png

We also won the DFB Pokal, and the Supercup :) 

----

Money is literally no object now, huge transfer budgets and shrewd spending mean we're able to compete. Here's the incomings for the new season;

6756157c2cae9c785acba41d09f4f821.png

Kaan Uysal, Lilian Buelens, Filippo Schnetzler, Pascal Dolling, and Alex Gattoni are all prospects, who will hopefully improve over the next few seasons. Óscar Marí looks to be a really good young ST, who will continue to improve over time, and his £3.2m fee is a steal. Srdjan Micanovic looks to have the tools to be a class AML in the future, and another great price. Oliver Batista Meier will be no more than backup, but being club HG, will fill a void for us this term. Daishawn Redan has been signed to loan out and then sell, a quick money making deal for a solid BuLi ST. Torsten Fluss looks solid already, but I am sure will become the club's first choice DR in a few seasons, and also will be club HG! 

2e7b7e8c0ec2fa69086565e6ccfb5dba.png

Vagner struggled to break into the side, and eventually wanted out. I feel he had reached his level, and when Watford bid more than twice his value, it was an easy choice. Cacciabue had been OK, but not close to the team, so a £3.5m profit after a season. Moller, Politano and Lusnickis didn't look like they'd make it, however there are buy back clauses in Politano and Moller's deals. We've also loaned out 13 players, generating an income of just over £10m for this season, along with all wages covered. 

11 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Awesome achievement!

Vielen Danke. I think what made it more special is I done the double over Bayern during the season and also as seen in the screenshot the goal to seal it was scored by Kevin Volland who I brought back to the club and who announced his retirement two days before the game.

Challenge now is win the Champions League, (though i'm a few seasons away from that)

Well done on the  League win @lblanc it is certainly a big relief to get the first one out of the way! Champions League is still my aim for Kaiserslautern, we've done well in the groups but then get unstuck by the big boys :( 

Edited by Stu_UBJ

6 minutes ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Well done on the Champions League win @lblanc it is certainly a big relief to get the first one out of the way! Champions League is still my aim for Kaiserslautern, we've done well in the groups but then get unstuck by the big boys :( 

Haven't won champions league yet. 

1 hour ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Sorry haha, meant the league!

No worries, yeah similar to what you said though I'm a long way off the big boys such as PSG, Real Madrid and PL clubs but I've won the Europa league twice in the last 3 years so you never know. 

So.

End of the 2020/21 season in Bundesliga.2.

Its gone well.

image.thumb.png.1c1e026cba156c7c659e91452d348d28.png

28 games unbeaten in the league, and only 1 defeat in all competitions since September, and that was to a Robert Lewandowski led Bayern Munich in the Pokal Quarter Finals.

image.thumb.png.5d4372bb6c2ae1bb9050b2f86578a65f.png

Given the fact that we virtually ran away with the league, it allowed us to get on the road to making signings in preparation for the Bundesliga.

In position order, the new signings are.

Goalkeeper

Axel Werner (Arg) - 

image.thumb.png.e26da0b7a0353c91e9720e22b1ed3948.png

More than happy to sign for the club as a backup to Ramos, however, if between the end of the season, and the start of next, Ramos attracts any interest, Werner can step up.

Also coming in, is 17 year old Brazilian youngster, Arlen Cleyton.

Defenders

With having 2 centre backs on loan, this is an area we needed to strengthen.

Adam Ben Lamin (Swe)

image.thumb.png.04ddd666151ad018ec851f6efd8d583e.png

A signing for the future, due to his ability to play anywhere across the back. He joins for a fee which will eventually reach £1m.

Elio Capradossi (Ita)

image.thumb.png.76f422de20de5ae5a971f695e4911d8b.png

A very solid player, with over 100 appearances in the Italian leagues. Comes in on a free.

Serhiy Kryvtsov (Ukr)

image.thumb.png.ea91474713993b3a79d19bb7348e5416.png

With nearly 200 appearances in the Ukrainian top flight, as well as continental and international experience, Kryvtsov has the chance to be a massive signing for us. His experience will put him into the reckoning, and his leadership should make him a fantastic choice to lead the back 4. He joins on a free, which allows us to offer slightly higher wages to bring him to Germany.

A few youngsters also coming in (this is a trend all across the positions for us).

Midfielders

We were unable to get James Garner for another season, as his form and development over the last 2 years means that Manchester United want to use him,

However, Grady Diangana and Emile Smith Rowe agreed stays for another season.

Coming in to replace Garner, is Argentinian/Italian, Emanuel Cecchini, who spent last season in Spain at Malaga, having been on loan for most of his time there. 

He is a near like for like replacement for the young Englishman, but he is slightly poorer in the air, joining at the end of his contract in Spain.

image.thumb.png.b5a8eee87e5cfb66d80420a189eb9ec1.png]

Also coming in, was a second midfielder in the likeness of Garner, and, at 26 years old, has over 250 appearances to his name in the English leagues.

image.thumb.png.11654ad5e8e3594e40274a0b909393e1.png

Like most of the signings so far, he comes on a free.

Another product of the English leagues moves across to Germany, bringing with him, 3 Nigeria caps, and the willingness to play as a backup (to Grischa Promel)

image.thumb.png.329f6f16f60c07c145e1c1457a1a8a9c.png

The final central midfielder to join, is Fabio Maistro, the Italian coming from Lazio.

image.thumb.png.e32f6c2d0ba6dcd45b15bd2cb5bba569.png

Attackers

There are 2 attacking minded wingers/strikers coming in on free transfers.

The first has been on loan with us this season, which has been disrupted through injury. He comes in as a backup.

image.thumb.png.3d1cb5e95bc5f458ad53af2465fde7b2.png

The second is a big plus for me, bringing physicality and pace, something which has been missing up front (Arezo and Costa are quick, but not physical, and Weydandt is the opposite)

As well as that, he is a former German U21 international, and appears highly thought of by my scouting team.

image.thumb.png.bf890c432180e7aa6e078c73afdfafd8.png

At this time, not a lot more will be coming in, but, if a move should go out, this will change.

Robert Skov from Hoffenheim is a complete revelation at full-back or wing-back, either side. I've played him on the right back slot as Complete Wing Back since FM19, and he's always been absolutely phenomenal from that position. 

23 hours ago, Adonalsium said:

Robert Skov from Hoffenheim is a complete revelation at full-back or wing-back, either side. I've played him on the right back slot as Complete Wing Back since FM19, and he's always been absolutely phenomenal from that position. 

I have noticed that.. He is slightly immense :D

On 01/07/2020 at 10:30, Stu_UBJ said:

Well done on the  League win @lblanc it is certainly a big relief to get the first one out of the way! Champions League is still my aim for Kaiserslautern, we've done well in the groups but then get unstuck by the big boys  :(

After loosing my Hamburg save where i had 3 straight CL wins and after my Parma save where i won CL on 5th season im also starting a save on Kaiserslautern.

My inspiration was being a big fan of Bundesliga and some players i remember on this club like Ballack and Klose. The objective is to surpass Bayern internally. This is probably going to be my last FM20 save.

So far i think i will play in a 4-4-2 because we have alot of strikers on the squad. Lets hope the game is nice to me on the Youth Intakes :D

image.thumb.png.af62abfb69b662188b22758da8d4ab5c.png

LEIPZIG BOTTLE JOB!!! 

Managed to only pick up 6 points , drawing 3  and losing to Hertha (who are in the Champions League Final btw)

image.thumb.png.d86b867eb07693f9b03bd911fb6a069f.png

The best result there has to be the Pauli one a 93rd minute equaliser

image.png.f70066eb6300426131a84e4decd8d1db.png

While I had some real squeeky bum times

image.thumb.png.9141a53e9f13509ac925643ceafc4469.png

Highlights

image.png.1c7aeab3ba46869fa2d1c449c4dcf7fa.png

Coming from 2-1 down to beat Schalke with an 88 minute winner

image.png.21590fa2aef507e90dd0ca4e00711a37.png

Another 3-2 win over Augsburg and again an 88th minute winner

• 1 month later...

Following my resignation at Betis I applied for the Frankfurt job and got it. Transfer history suggests no real ins or outs in first season (I turned off initial budgets). They’ve given me £15m and £170k a week in wages to spend. The squad is massive and multiple players in some positions with just 1 in others. But lots to work with, quite excited by this. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FC Magdeburg

1907058237_fcmagdeburg.png.210e583c8dd6b462d8c224a9d0175b2c.png

Season 1

2019/2020 End Of Season Review

Table  Fixtures1  Fixtures2  CupFixtures  Vision  Squad  Finances  Transfers  EOSawards  EOYmanager  EOYplayer  seasonreview  Topscoreraward  

Board expectations for the season

Reach playoffs in 3.Liga

Reach DFB Pokal second Round

Transfers / Pre season

First thing on my mind when i first took over was to find out where are the weakness of team and how to improve the team. I inherited a good core of players, good left winger in soren Bertram who according to the coach is leading 2.Bundesliga player, Daniel Steininger AF who is decent, goalkeeper in Alexander Burnst who is decent for this level and also Dustin Bonnheur DC who is decent for this level but is inured. We were weak in right back, centre back, right wing, centre midfield. To solve the problems, i brought in Regasel RB,  Brian Behrendt DC loan, Burak Camoglu who can play right wing, Erkan Eybil BBM on loan from senior Affiliate Mainz . For the strikers, promoted Daniel Steininger from Magdeburg 2. Sold Rother for £1m to red bull salzburg and Chahed to Almeria for £94k. Changed the coaching team with 1 physio brought in. Media expectation for the team before season start was 4th place. With transfers brought in, we are 5th in season preview. Arranged some friendlies and with sale of 2 players to boost our bank balance from £3.8m to £5.8m when first game begin.

League Campaign

It was a consistent campaign with Zwickau and FC Kaiserslautern the challengers. Game 19, i was 1st with 47 points, 9 points ahead of 2nd Kaiserslautern and 11 points ahead of 3rd Wurzburg. DUring the business end of season after game 28, we were still 1st with 72 points, 16 points ahead of Zwickau and 18 points ahead of 3rd Kaiserslautern. We went unbeaten for 30 games but lost to Wurzburg away on 31st. We won the title after game 33 with 82 points, 18 points ahead of Zwickau and 19 ahead of Kaiserslautern. End of season, we are first with 97 points, 24 points ahead of 2nd Kaiserslautern, 27 points ahead of 3rd zwickau. Zwickau failed to get promoted losing to 16th 2.Liga Greuther Furth. We broke the league no of points, no of goals scored.

Cups

Exceed the board expectations with DFB Pokal Third round loss at home against Pladerborn which is a Bundesliga side. 

Finances

With the DFB Pokal cup run, we got money of £2.4m which £1m is prize money and £1.4m is tv revenue. Paid out £300k as bonus for 3.Liga, leaving us £5.5m in the black.

Next Season

We aim to survive in 2.Liga. Board announced transfer budget of £1.28m and £105k/wk in wages. 

Career Overview

Season      League       Position        DFB Pokal          Achievements (Notes)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2019/20     3.Liga         1st           Third Round          League Winners 

FC Magdeburg

Season 2

2020/2021 End Of Season Review

Table  Fixtures1  Fixtures2  Cupfixtures  Squad  Finances  Transfers  Seasonreview  EOYawards

Avoid relegation in 2.Liga

Transfers / Pre season

Following our first season where we won 3.Liga title, it is time to improve the team. We were weak in right back, centre back, right wing, centre midfield. To solve the problems, i brought in Leon Gadicke RB,  Kevin Bukusu DC loan, Devante Parker who can play right wing, Taffertshofer BBM on lfree, Ole Kauper DLP on loan, Nassim Boujellab BBM . For the strikers, Klauss on loan. Patrick Moschi on a free. Brought in 2 scouts. Media expectation for the team before season start was 17th place. With transfers brought in, we are 15th in season preview. Season tickets rose to 12.9k from last season 11.6k. Arranged some friendlies to boost our bank balance from £5.5m to £8.3m when first game begin.

League Campaign

It was a consistent campaign with VfL Bochum and Hamburg SV the challengers. Game 17, i was 2nd with 37 points, 2 points behind of 1st Hamburger SV and 4 points ahead of 3rd VfL Bochum. During the business end of season after game 24, we were 1st with 50 points, 1 point ahead of SC Paderborn and 5 points ahead of 3rd Hamburg SV. We won the title after game 33 with 82 points, 18 points ahead of Zwickau and 19 ahead of Kaiserslautern. End of season, we are 2nd with 68 points, 3 points behind of 1st VfL Bochum, 8 points ahead of 3rd Hamburg SV. Hamburg SV failed to get promoted losing to 16th bundesliga FC Augsburg.

Cups

Met the board expectations with DFB Pokal Second round loss at home against Mainz which is a Bundesliga side. 

Finances

Received £14.3m ifor finishing 2nd in league. With the DFB Pokal cup run, we got money of £900k+ which £453k is prize money and £473k is tv revenue.  Paid out £1.4m as bonus for 3.Liga, leaving us £15.5m in the black.

Next Season

We aim to survive in Bundesliiga. Board announced transfer budget of £766k and £180k/wk in wages.

Career Overview

Season      League       Position        DFB Pokal          Achievements (Notes)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2020/21     2.Liga         2nd           Second Round         Promoted 

On 02/11/2020 at 04:40, kazemagic said:

FC Magdeburg

Season 1

2019/2020 End Of Season Review

Table  Fixtures1  Fixtures2  CupFixtures  Vision  Squad  Finances  Transfers  EOSawards  EOYmanager  EOYplayer  seasonreview  Topscoreraward  

Reach playoffs in 3.Liga

Transfers / Pre season

First thing on my mind when i first took over was to find out where are the weakness of team and how to improve the team. I inherited a good core of players, good left winger in soren Bertram who according to the coach is leading 2.Bundesliga player, Daniel Steininger AF who is decent, goalkeeper in Alexander Burnst who is decent for this level and also Dustin Bonnheur DC who is decent for this level but is inured. We were weak in right back, centre back, right wing, centre midfield. To solve the problems, i brought in Regasel RB,  Brian Behrendt DC loan, Burak Camoglu who can play right wing, Erkan Eybil BBM on loan from senior Affiliate Mainz . For the strikers, promoted Daniel Steininger from Magdeburg 2. Sold Rother for £1m to red bull salzburg and Chahed to Almeria for £94k. Changed the coaching team with 1 physio brought in. Media expectation for the team before season start was 4th place. With transfers brought in, we are 5th in season preview. Arranged some friendlies and with sale of 2 players to boost our bank balance from £3.8m to £5.8m when first game begin.

League Campaign

It was a consistent campaign with Zwickau and FC Kaiserslautern the challengers. Game 19, i was 1st with 47 points, 9 points ahead of 2nd Kaiserslautern and 11 points ahead of 3rd Wurzburg. DUring the business end of season after game 28, we were still 1st with 72 points, 16 points ahead of Zwickau and 18 points ahead of 3rd Kaiserslautern. We went unbeaten for 30 games but lost to Wurzburg away on 31st. We won the title after game 33 with 82 points, 18 points ahead of Zwickau and 19 ahead of Kaiserslautern. End of season, we are first with 97 points, 24 points ahead of 2nd Kaiserslautern, 27 points ahead of 3rd zwickau. Zwickau failed to get promoted losing to 16th 2.Liga Greuther Furth. We broke the league no of points, no of goals scored.

Cups

Exceed the board expectations with DFB Pokal Third round loss at home against Pladerborn which is a Bundesliga side. 

Finances

With the DFB Pokal cup run, we got money of £2.4m which £1m is prize money and £1.4m is tv revenue. Paid out £300k as bonus for 3.Liga, leaving us £5.5m in the black.

Next Season

We aim to survive in 2.Liga. Board announced transfer budget of £1.28m and £105k/wk in wages. 

Career Overview

Very interesting. What tactics did you use?

did you change backroom staff at all?

On 11/11/2020 at 02:53, Jack Fate said:

Very interesting. What tactics did you use?

did you change backroom staff at all?

hey jack, used a 4231. for backroom staff, got 1/2 coaches and employed more scouts. For current season, first season in bundesliga, got in new gk coach, 2 coaches and  2 new scouts.

FC Magdeburg

Season 3

2021/2022 End Of Season Review

Table  Fixtures1  Fixtures2  Cupfixtures  Squad  Finances  Transfers  EOYawards  Seasonreview

Fight bravely against relegation in Bundesliga

Transfers / Pre season

Following our second season where we got 2nd place in 2.Liga, it is time to improve the team. We were weak in gk, left back, centre back, both wings, centre midfield. To solve the problems, i brought in Lucas Lezzerini gk, Paterson Chato LB,  Liam Morrison DC for £4.2m with board help, Lazar Randjelovic who can play right wing on loan with board help, Felix Nmecha DLP on a free, Abdelhamid Sabiri AM on a free, Daniel Ontuzans AML . For the strikers, Cedric Teuchert on a free. Brought in 2 scouts and  new assistant manager and 2 new coaches. Media expectation for the team before season start was 18th place. With transfers brought in, we are still 18th in season preview. Season tickets rose to 15.8k from last season 12.9k. Arranged some friendlies to boost our bank balance from £15.5m to £14.6m after the purchase of £4.2m Morrisson when first game begin.

League Campaign

It was a up and down campaign with us fighting for survival in relegation dogfight . Game 17, i was 16th with 15 points, same points with 15th Bochum and 14th Frankfurt . During the business end of season after game 25, we were 12th with 27 points, 6 points ahead of 16th Hertha. We secured our place for next season  Bundesliga after game 33 with 35 points, 5 points ahead of 16th Hoffenheim. End of season, we are 14th with 35 points, 4 points ahead of 16th Hofferheim. Hofferheim managed to survive after winning in relegation playoff.

Cups

Exceed the board expectations with DFB Pokal Cup 2-0 Final win against SC Freiburg, giving us the chance for next season Europa League. 

Finances

Received £33.2m ifor finishing 14th in league. With the DFB Pokal cup title, we got money of £11.2m which £8.74m is prize money and £2.48m is tv revenue.  Paid out £1m as bonus for Bundesliga, leaving us £46.6m in the black.

Next Season

We aim to improve and get top 10, aiming for 45 points in Bundesliga and also try to qualify out of group for europa league. Board announced transfer budget of £15m and £500k/wk in wages.

Career Overview

2020/21     2.Liga         2nd           Second Round         Promoted 
2021/22     Bundesliga     14th          Final                DFB Pokal Cup-europa league