[FM 20] The Nearly Men, Vol. IV: I Am Not A Demon. I Am A Lizard. A Shark. A Heat-Seeking Panther. I Want To Be Bob Denver On Acid Playing The Accordion.

ManUtd1

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

When qualifying for the last 16 feels like business as usual, that's a good sign - Greek sides are nowhere near that good IRL and you've already taken Panathinaikos to a new level. 

Agreed completely.  We're way ahead of schedule in Athens.  Big ask in the first knockout round, though...Juve, who are dominating Italy.

2709fa622ae8215ee96bfb1ea0d9d630.png

If we can get past Juve, I'd like to think we have a shot at keeping players around and avoiding the typical pattern with a club like Panathinaikos in this challenge -- building one team to get us to the CL, and then having to build a 2nd to reach the final after a number of key players leave (or just aren't good enough to get to the next level).

Edited by ManUtd1

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

December 2026.

Another year in the books. There's a big question among some of the pundit class, as to just how far we can go.

I, for one, am offended that they assume we've peaked. Peaked? Let me tell you something, we haven't even begun to peak. And when we do peak, you'll know.

Because we're gonna peak so hard that everybody in Europe is going to feel it.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-2-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-2-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

2709fa622ae8215ee96bfb1ea0d9d630.png?fit=1024%2C423&ssl=1

ce0fd62d6d74c3535643d8e700b80bb5.png 7411b0c086a364e6aabdb02df45ef3fd.png

Edited by ManUtd1

2 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Nice work navigating through your Champions League group. Tough draw against Juve though

Thanks, man.  No easy matches at this stage, though.  Brutal.  Valencia is really the only "easy" draw this year.

67f7140d500d1e9b7aadfe3fd4b33caf.png

February 2026.

After a wild transfer window which saw Amberg leave for China for big money, it was nice to get back on the pitch in the Champions League.

Give the lads a taste of the promised land, and all that we're working towards. Mejri and Schou were pushing for a transfer earlier in the year, but signed new contracts at the close of the January transfer window. Thanos also signed off on a new deal.

I'm not naive enough to think that the transfer battles are over. The squad's continued happiness is undoubtedly premised upon our continued progression in Europe. But for now the future looks bright.

A beautiful night in Athens. We played well, but didn’t take our chances. We could have won 3-1. Now, we’ve got a job to do in Turin.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Transfer-History-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-2-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-v-Juventus_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

March 2027.

An incredible result. But we got lucky. We need reinforcements. Some of our XI just aren't good enough for this level.

There's only one cure. We must dip into the market. We cannot count on riding our luck like this forever.

Juventus-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Nicolaj-Bur_-Inbox-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Unbeliaveble, only that can be said.

Cheers,
Bitner 

5 horas atrás, ManUtd1 disse:

March 2027.

An incredible result. But we got lucky. We need reinforcements. Some of our XI just aren't good enough for this level.

There's only one cure. We must dip into the market. We cannot count on riding our luck like this forever.

Juventus-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Nicolaj-Bur_-Inbox-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

March 2027.

What a result 

caught up! holy hell! needed some cocaine for myself to smash through that lot.

So questions... how do you stave off increased infection from colds and STDs with the pre chewed food regime? Wouldn't just blending everything down to soup be safer?

Did Gary Neville get arrested for his butter knife antics? Or did he slip away in the rampant celebrating Greek crowd?

And Finally, at what point will Zlatan tackle Selene through a mirror? As I doubt anyone but Zlatan could take her on!

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

What a result 

Thanks, man!

4 hours ago, Bitner said:

Unbeliaveble, only that can be said.

Cheers,
Bitner 

:brock:

9 hours ago, HawkAussie said:

Nothing is easy with a Champions League knockout stage. But I know you can do it.

I suspect that we're going to get smashed. We're in over our heads, and need a big result in the first leg at the Spyros Louis.

12 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

caught up! holy hell! needed some cocaine for myself to smash through that lot.

So questions... how do you stave off increased infection from colds and STDs with the pre chewed food regime? Wouldn't just blending everything down to soup be safer?

Did Gary Neville get arrested for his butter knife antics? Or did he slip away in the rampant celebrating Greek crowd?

And Finally, at what point will Zlatan tackle Selene through a mirror? As I doubt anyone but Zlatan could take her on!

In a word, seven.

Edited by ManUtd1

April 2027.

Madness in Athens. Antonio Conte has been sent back to the airport with his tail between his legs, hounded every step of the way by rapid Panathiniakos supporters. We have United just where we want them, having to chase the game back at Old Trafford.

Panathinaikos-v-Man-Utd_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Man-Utd_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Man-Utd_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

April 2027.

United set out to attack, but wary of our ability to hit them in transition. We held firm in the early minutes, before giving up a goal in the 34th minute...called back by VAR for offsides. United had the bit between their teeth, though, and were rewarded for their persistance, grabbing the opener just a few minutes later.

Nightmare just before the half, when a devastating United counterattack caught us out. 2-2 on aggregate, all to play for...

...until a bit of magic from Lleshi, serving up a swerving cross to Masek on the back post, who heads in off the underside of the bar, De Gea helpless in the United goal.

3-2 on aggregate. The flight back to Athens passes in a blur. Champions of Greece, now into the semifinals on the greatest stage. The second straight away trip on the Continent where we've battled uphill, against the odds, to obtain a result.

Man-Utd-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Man-Utd-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Man-Utd-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Man-Utd-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Man-Utd-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

April 2027.

Gutted. That's the only word to describe it. One goal called back for offsides, in first half injury time. And then, denied by Donnarumma in the 89th minute, with Ze Germans grabbing their 2nd off of a counterattack from the ensuing corner.

We've got a job to do in Athens.

FC-Bayern-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 FC-Bayern-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 FC-Bayern-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 FC-Bayern-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

FC-Bayern-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

May 2027.

I'm not angry, lads. I'm just disappointed.

Panathinaikos-v-FC-Bayern_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-FC-Bayern_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-FC-Bayern_-Pitch-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-FC-Bayern_-Pitch-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-v-FC-Bayern_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png 

Mejri blew 3 clear chances in the first half. Our best player had his worst match of the season. If only he'd put one of them away... If only Donnarumma hadn't come up huge in the 89th minute of the 1st leg... If only...

So close, yet so far.

Not that I'm too disappointed.

This was a monster year for us. But there's no resting on our laurels. We need reinforcements.

You know the old adage -- if you can't beat Ze Germans, buy one. Meet Germán Zárate, who will be trained as a libero:

Germ%C3%A1n-Z%C3%A1rate_-Profile.png?fit

Yes, Karen, I know he's Argentinian.  It was a joke.

Edited by ManUtd1

Wasing The Where Of Needing

PicsArt_11-22-02.43.22.png

Panathinaikos AO - Season Review 2026/27

I think I may have been too harsh on the lads.

For all that I talked with Jesse and Zlatan about how lucky we were to get past Juventus and United, and needed to dip into the transfer market…the reality is that the lads did us proud.

That doesn’t mean I didn’t go looking at the market.  I’m not an idiot.

At least, I’m not that big of an idiot.

We brought in Zarate as a libero, allowing Susnjar to move back into the midfield…the Bosnian seems to have so much promise, but he needs to start developing. 

Jork’s imminent arrival has many in the media skeptical, especially since our squad has so many attack-minded midfielders.  He’s a brilliant talent, although we’ve had to send the marketing staff to sensitivity and sexual harassment training twice since his transfer was confirmed.

Beyond that, we’ve looked at many players.  Went after a few, each of whom opted to go elsewhere for a bigger paycheck…none of whom would have been an immediate upgrade in quality.  At the end of the day, the oldest player in the squad is Vagias, who is only 22.

What these lads need is time.  Even I can accept that, now, away from the heat of the moment.

separator

What a year.  Beyond any of my expectations.  And, I have to admit that I was a little hasty in dismissing the quality of the squad.  They’re a bunch of kids.  My frustrations were misplaced.

I really did look hard at a number of players, some of whom were quite appealing…but there aren’t upgrades to be found unless we’re willing to spend more than $20M to bring in someone in their mid-twenties.  And that’s not the type of signing I want to make.  The young players I was looking at aren’t any better than what we’ve got.

Zarate is a big upgrade and, if his potential holds true and he can develop…he’ll be an absolute beast at libero.  Jork will arrive in January…I have high hopes for him, although we do have a ton of attack-minded central midfielders.

The biggest “transfer” news of the summer, though, has been that most of our first team has renewed their contracts, despite interest from elsewhere.  That increase in reputation thanks to our European exploits is paying huge dividends.  The “it’s like a new signing” thing may be a cliché, but it’s true for a club in a smaller nation – being able to keep a player like Mejri or Baran for another year, means everything. I typically anticipate a 5-6 year process to build a club like Panathinaikos into a Champions League contender.  We’re 1-2 years ahead of schedule right now.  Anything can happen going forward

Goals for 2027/28: Win the SuperLeague. Make a run in the Champions League knockout rounds. Start managing on the international level, if an eligible nation opens up and looks like a "fit."

Panathinaikos-AO_-Players-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 SuperLeague-1_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Transfer-History-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-AO_-Summary-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Income-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Expenditure-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-5.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-3-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-4-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

png-page-divider-letterpress-dividers-52

European Review

Ok, let’s take a quick look around Europe before we go further…

In the Champions League, Ernesto Valverde’s Bayern beat (Arsenal legend) Unai Emery’s Manchester City on penalties.

Man-City-v-FC-Bayern_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Stages-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

In the Europa League, Marcelo Gallardo’s Chelsea triumphed over Cristiano Ronaldo’s Club Brugge.

Club-Brugge-v-Chelsea_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-League_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-League_-Stages-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

In the Europa Conference League, Raul Valbuena’s Sevilla claimed the title, beating regen-led PSV.

PSV-v-Sevilla_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-Conference-League_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-Conference-League_-Stages-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

In the active leagues, Antonio Conte’s Manchester United won their first Premier League title in the post-SAF era.  Diego Simeone’s Barcelona won their 4th straight La Liga title.  Maurizio Sarri’s Juventus, Valverde’s Bayern, and Thomas Tuchel’s PSG did their usual thing.  urCristiano’s Club Brugge knocked Genk off of their perch.  Velicko Kaplanovic’s Čukarički disrupted the usual state of affairs in Serbia.  Aaron Hunt’s BK Häcken claimed the 2026 Allsvenskan.

Allsvenskan_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Bundesliga_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Jupiler-Pro-League_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 LaLiga-Santander_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Ligue-1-Conforama_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Linglong-Tire-Super-liga_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Premier-League_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Serie-A-TIM_-Profile-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

separator

Save/Challenge Overview

a384dc3fa290f7d2f3169e0ad31f2a88.png

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 43094504ec87d811adfed154265f00e5.png

png-page-divider-letterpress-dividers-527.png

Cross-posted at From the Cheap Seats.

September 2027.

There has been no shortage of pundits ready to call us a "one-and-done" wonder, after our European campaign last season. The job tonight in Germany on Matchday 1 of the Group Stage, was to prove them wrong. To put an end to that nonsense, once and for all.

Zlatan, to get into the spirit, insisted on going commando in his white velour tracksuit. The heavy rain didn't help. Or, perhaps it did. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. No judgment.

Fortunately, no one will be talking about the images of Zlatan strutting the sideline during the match, not after this result. They'll be far more focused on his knee-slide down the touchline, ending with the tracksuit jacket thrown to the faithful traveling Panathinaikos supporters.

We're back, lads.

Borussia-Dortmund-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

November 2027.

This time of year in Athens always makes me think of Selene.

I was out with someone new last week, and I could have sworn I saw her watching us from a 2nd story window. A woman in a white dress. It looked just like her, but when I looked back, the woman was gone.

I tried to talk to Jesse about it and, of course, he brought Zlatan and Bozidar into the mix. Neither one of them was much help. Zlatan just talked about his infatuation with Alex Morgan. Bozidar did not have anything of value to offer, either.

Jesse had the best advice, he always does. "She left, brother. She's gone. Get over it. Move on. It's her loss."

Zlatan just nods.

I don't really want to know what Bozidar is thinking, but somewhere around the 6th shot of Serbian Rum, I gave in and asked him. He was uncharacteristically reluctant, but I pressed him.

"Boss, is no this simple," he explained. "When my sister got pregnant in the university, 2nd year, I tell her to consider abort-bortion, because she has much life to live. Now, my little niece is 8 years old. Her name is Mia. She is very much with us, no the aborting. She call me Uncle Daddy Abo-Bo. So I do not be thinking that the Bozidar should be giving the you, advice on love and other serious things. Talk to the me about Mario Kart, yes?! No more Wario for you tonight. Is bad."

I'm just going to forget I heard any of that, and stick with Jesse's advice.

Get over her. That couldn't have been Selene in the window. She would have said something.

November 2027.

As tough as our Group Stage draw was, the lads have done the Panathinaikos faithful proud. 4 wins and 1 draw in the first 5 matches (including the win away to Dortmund noted above), and we've won the Group. We'd be perfect on the season if the 2nd XI hadn't been FM'd by Apollon, of all teams.

There's no question that this team is capable of making a Champions League run. We just need a little luck.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-6.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-v-SL-Benfica_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Roma_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Roma-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Borussia-Dortmund_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I can’t see how the pundits can say a one and done now :applause:

8 hours ago, rodesire said:

That's a tight group stage, nice job navigating it

Thanks, guys!  We're really clicking.  No question that we're ready to make a run...need some luck, though, just like anyone does in the CL.

Edited by ManUtd1

December 2027.

The Christmas break is short this year, with the Euros on the horizon.

Zlatan, Jesse and Bozidar are celebrating Christmas day with an all-day FIFA 2028 tournament on the massive TV screens inside the Spyros Louis. But after a few hours I decide to go for a walk. I need a break, and for once the streets of Athens are quiet.

I know I am supposed to get "over" Selene, but I'm finding that harder than I should. I haven't seen her in nearly 2 years now, not since she disappeared in the middle of the night, a cryptic note her only goodbye.

I wander aimlessly. Lost in my thoughts. The new Coldplay album stuck in my head...it's beyond horrible, but the banal lyrics and predictable chord progressions are stuck in my head like an aggressive viral infection. The only reason I bought the album in the first place (as a gift to myself from "Santa"), is because I know that somewhere, somehow, Selene is listening to it. It's like that movie...no, not American Psycho... American Tale, that's it. I always get those two confused.

I'm lost in my head, wandering the paths which wind around Filopappou Hill when, out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of...that couldn't be...is it her? I race around a corner... And no one is there. I'm seeing things again, it seems. A flash of white. If someone was here, they're gone. Shaken from my reverie I set myself for the long walk home when I see them...sitting on a rock outcropping.

Two statues. One looks...yes, one appears to be a small version of the strange statue being excavated on the outskirts of Athens, they sell these "replicas" all across the city. But...these somehow look older than the other replicas I've seen. More 'worn.'

The bearded face of the first statue is instantly recognizable. I pick it up, and the stone feels heavy - much heavier than a cheap replica. And warm. Much warmer than the ambient temperature... Odd, that.

The other... I'd assumed it was simply another replica of the bearded man statute...but as I pick it up, I realize I was wrong. The heavy stone lacks the warmth of its male twin, and the face and form are unmistakably female, and a familiar face at that.  I haven't seen anything in the news about a female statue being discovered, to match the bearded man...

It must be some kind of mistake. A cruel prank. Or, perhaps, a coincidence. Because the female statue wears Selene's face.

Edited by ManUtd1

December 2027.

We finish 2027 on a high. Top of the SuperLeague, 12 points clear of Olympiacos.

And we've got a date with Marcelo Gallardo's Chelsea in the Champions League. Not an easy draw, but they're sitting 6th in the Premier League right now, so I fancy our chances.

Let's do this.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-5.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-7.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

SL-Benfica-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Profile-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

27ff9899b6be1039119a16cf082329a6.png bcbe358305a37b18e7dcee86c6957523.png Nicolaj-Bur_-Inbox-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

38 minutes ago, rodesire said:

This regen is like an inverted sadio mane on steroids

With a laser beam attached to his forehead.

21 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Very comfortable on all fronts

Very, the big question now is the Champions League...

1 minute ago, wynter said:

Brothers please, do not be distracted by his flights of fancy and display of Wunderkinds.

He is distracting us from Selene! The most important plot point of all!

ezgif.com-add-text-2.gif?w=750&ssl=1

February 2028.

Marcelo Gallardo's Chelsea...a club desperate to avenge their loss in the 2025 Europa Conference League Final.

We set out to **** in their cornflakes. Again.

And we do. In glorious fashion. Thanos celebrates his goal (our third) with his newly-devised "snap" celebration, sure to incur the wrath of Marvel's army of attorneys. Intellectual property rights be damned. We're soaring. While Olmo manages to pull one back, Thanos immediately restores our three-goal advantage.

A statement of intent. We're not content to be anyone's favorite underdog. We want it all.

Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-4.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Pitch-5.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Chelsea-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

12 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

I wonder when the women who can only eat with chopsticks and can never so much as pick up a fork are going to turn up.

I dunno...the last time we went down that road, @BoxToBox wouldn't talk to me for a week...

March 2028.

The goal in the 2nd leg was to not give Chelsea a sniff. Shut the door. Firmly.

And in the 7th minute, Baran did the business, seizing on a loose ball to fire home from 12 yards out. Whil Zlatan and Jesse celebrated on the sidelines, I urged the lads to maintain their focus. So much good work, we cannot let it be undone with a slip in our concentration.

But even I had to give in to the emotions when Lleshi fired home the 2nd in the 29th minute, finishing off a textbook counterattack. 6-1 on aggregate. Not even the most ardent Blue could see a viable path back into the tie.

When Mejri fired home in the 55th from close range, seizing on an error from Kepa, Gallardo collapsed in the technical area like a puppet with his strings cut. Zlatan went over to offer him a hand...only to pull it away at the last moment, laughing like a 12 year-old on the playground. He earned a yellow card for it, but even I have to admit it was worth it, just to see the horrified look on Gallardo's face. He seemed to know, in that moment, that the end of his tenure at Chelsea was near, as our supporters chanted at him.

Christian "SoccerBall Jeebus" Pulisic was in tears after the final whistle. The image of Zlatan standing over him, laughing maniacally while handing him a baseball glove, will forever be seared in my memory.

But we cannot get ahead of ourselves. As big as tonight was, our focus in Europe must remain complete. We're 18 points clear in the SuperLeague with a game in hand, so the youngsters and 2nd XI will have ample opportunity to prove themselves on the domestic front...although they must improve, the loss to Olympiacos in the Cup was unacceptable, by any measure.

Panathinaikos-v-Chelsea_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Chelsea_-Pitch-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Chelsea_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Chelsea_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-2-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-8.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Nicolaj-Bur_-News.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Edited by ManUtd1

6 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Is it just me, or the remaining sides are not that scary, considering it's qfs?

I don't disagree. Liverpool and Juventus are probably the strongest teams left... The draws I'd like to avoid, in theory.

We've also got 3 potentially eligible teams in Sevilla, Napoli and Schalke... Although @oriole01's head would explode if the Smurfs were to become eligible... 

April 2028.

Suffice to say we did not bring our shooting boots for the 1st leg...but we got the job done.

Zlatan shouldn't have said that to Lampard after the final whistle, though, and will be suspended for the 2nd leg in Naples.  Napoli will have to chase the tie, which is exactly where we want them.

Panathinaikos-v-Napoli_-Pitch.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Napoli_-Pitch-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Napoli_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1