[FM 20] The Nearly Men, Vol. IV: I Am Not A Demon. I Am A Lizard. A Shark. A Heat-Seeking Panther. I Want To Be Bob Denver On Acid Playing The Accordion.

ManUtd1

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at your tactics on page 2, and saw you mention a Cruyff 3-4-3 diamond for FM19 in the blog... and now I'm curious. I need to see this.

I think I'll be following along for a while again. I enjoyed your earlier Nearly Men saves from a few years ago. For some reason, though, all I seem to remember is a purple dinosaur inspiring you to win the Champions League with Fiorentina... 

Either way, looks like this is your most ambitious project yet in terms of narration. Bur himself seems similar to Telleus in his flippant attitude and ways (though I don't recall the latter ever being speechless at a press conference, which I thought was a nice touch that added a relatable layer to our hero DefinitelyNotNicholasCage™). Look forward to reading more!

(Also: Unai winning silverware? Pep at Liverpool? What in the world is this timeline?)

Edited by Adonalsium

2 hours ago, Adonalsium said:

I looked at your tactics on page 2, and saw you mention a Cruyff 3-4-3 diamond for FM19 in the blog... and now I'm curious. I need to see this.

I think I'll be following along for a while again. I enjoyed your earlier Nearly Men saves from a few years ago. For some reason, though, all I seem to remember is a purple dinosaur inspiring you to win the Champions League with Fiorentina... 

Either way, looks like this is your most ambitious project yet in terms of narration. Bur himself seems similar to Telleus in his flippant attitude and ways (though I don't recall the latter ever being speechless at a press conference, which I thought was a nice touch that added a relatable layer to our hero DefinitelyNotNicholasCage™). Look forward to reading more!

(Also: Unai winning silverware? Pep at Liverpool? What in the world is this timeline?)

does one need any more inspiration that that? 

• 4 months later...
On 09/04/2020 at 09:16, ManUtd1 said:

Thanks, man!  I plan to come back here at some point, and pick up where I left off :D

EDIT: In case anyone comes reading through this -- when the save continues, it will be on the FtCS blog, with highlights on Twitter (@FMCheapSeats).

Folks, the hiatus is over.  The Nearly Men are back, with updates to follow on FtCS.

On 24/08/2020 at 13:49, Tacchi said:

Welcome back!

Approved GIF

16 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Omg GIFs | Tenor

15 hours ago, Constantine said:

cover2.jpg

Thanks, fellas!  Good to see you, too!

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

good to see you back! 

Just don't tell my Probation Officer, ok?  He gets a little too "friendly" with his nightstick, if you know what I mean.

giphy.gif