[FM 20] The Nearly Men, Vol. IV: I Am Not A Demon. I Am A Lizard. A Shark. A Heat-Seeking Panther. I Want To Be Bob Denver On Acid Playing The Accordion.

ManUtd1

September 2025.

As the season begins in earnest with trips to Olympiacos and then Manchester City, we need an edge.  Something to take us to another level.

For better or worse, Zlatan and Bozidar claim to have had an idea during the international break.

"What is it, guys?  I don't have a lot of time.  We've got Olympiacos on Saturday."

Zlatan just chuckles.  He just can't take Olympiacos seriously.

Bozidar appears much more earnest, and tries to explain."Boss, your Bozidar no sleep.  Spent long weekend, looking into the mirror."

This sounds unusual, so I need to play it casual.  "Oh, right... A bit of soul-searching, was it?"

Bozidar scoffs, looking disgusted with me. "Cocaine, Boss.  Cocaine."

I sigh.  That explains quite a bit, if I'm being honest. 

Zlatan laughs out loud, shaking his head, before stepping into the conversation and nudging Bozidar away.

"Boss, the Zlatan will explain.  Then, you will the understand.  And then, we will do."

I nod, waiting to hear what insanity they've cooked up this time.  Wait, they haven't been cooking...no, we're not in 'Breaking Bad' territory, here.  Not yet.  Unless we drop points to Olympiacos, that is.  The Board is getting demanding in light of our early success, but I've tried to put my foot down with Bozidar -- he's no Walter White, no matter how much he plays with that kids' chemistry set that he picked up at the Aegean gas station down the street.

"Just two words the Zlatan has for the you: Marginal. Gains."

I wait.  It's never "just" two words.  Not with these two.

"Is simples, Boss. If the Panathinaikos can make the one percent improvement in multiple areas, the overall improvement is being very Zlatan."

This is a remarkably concise, albeit Zlatan-esque way of distilling the concept.

"I've read about this, Zlatan. And we're obviously doing a lot of this already, everyone is. What are you thinking?"

"We the Panathinaikos are already doing much of this, small thing. Controlling the diet, the sleep, the rest. The Zlatan controlling the music on the bus."

I nod at him to continue. We've been over this. Every club in the world is doing this already on some level.

"The bottom line is this--"

Bozidar laughs, like an 8 year-old child. Zlatan snaps at him, "oh, that's right. It is always about the... The Zlatan knows what you do with the electric toothbrush, and the ... bum stuff."

Bozidar somehow manages to look both proud and ashamed at the same time, a wry smile across his face.

Zlatan mumbles incoherent Swedish noises under his breath before continuing. "The Zlatan and the Bozidar have idea, to improve more of the little things. Make big gains. Very Zlatan. We will do the showing of Olympiacos who is the Boss."

Bozidar chimes in again. "Actually, I've been watching a lot of Who's the Boss? There's something you overlooked, Zlatan..."

Zlatan cuts him off. "Fool, we does not have time for that now. Is rhetorical question, anyways. We can show the Nico the Wall later."

Zlatan is right. I really don't have time for this. "Guys, that's enough. I've got work to do. If you want to implement a few things to try and get a bit more from the side, just...just do it."

Zlatan and Bozidar share a look.

"Nothing illegal," I insist.

Zlatan and Bozidar share another look. Bozidar gestures with his hands, but Zlatan cuts him off with a curt shake of the head.

I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

png-page-divider-letterpress-dividers-527.png

Cross-posted in 2025/26 "open thread" at From the Cheap Seats.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 2025.

The sounds of revelry echo through the tunnels of the Etihad stadium, the scene of Panathinaikos' triumphant win over Chelsea just a few short months ago.  

A wild celebration is once again raging in the Panathinaikos locker room, long after the Manchester City squad have left, unsure of what has happened.

City's manager, Unai Emery, sits alone on the floor of the showers in the home locker room, fully clothed, rocking himself slowly back and forth, singing softly, the tears flowing down his face masked by the cascading water.

"Butterfly in the sky, I can fly twice as high!  It's in a book, take a look, Reading Rainbow..."

[Sobbing intensifies.]

5d313ab72d92ee8c84b323bf229eec06.jpg 1972364535_NicolajBur_Inbox.thumb.png.e13e723c488a940034360b53fef3b649.png

Edited by ManUtd1

8 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

Still in the process of catching up, but that Tam al Thor gets around doesn't he!

And I think i'd rather peel my own nuggets than listen to Coldplay.

As always a fantastic read :D

The broader narrative will certainly hint at what he's up to...RAFO :brock:

*laughs maniacally in Coldplay*

I have to admit, I had my doubts when Zlatan hired staff to hold the players' utensils during meals on matchday and pre-chew their food. Ensuring we had a good night's sleep at a hotel, with a comfortable ride to the stadium...that was one thing. This? Something else entirely. A different level.

But now that Jorge Jesus has been left a broken wreck of a man, like Unai Emery before him, Zlatan is only growing more confident in his methods, more determined to find an edge on our opponents.

"Forget thinking outside the box, Boss. That is hippy-dippy silly-season, motivational tactic. What if the Zlatan told you there is no box. Let the Zlatan show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

With results like these, even Jesse -- usually the calm voice of reason -- has to admit it. We're on to something here.

seperator.png

1027321114_PanathinaikosvAtltico_Review.thumb.png.f269d541c20f98bc0832c1c70def4329.png 36c79f9ebe1ef74218281069de4dd303.thumb.png.17411a33f4bef3d8c9247ac3ee803147.png

We're using the PM Krigsherre, PM Laenket and PM Tiki No Taco tactics described and downloadable from here: Three Tacos Are Four Tacos Too Many.  We played PM Laenket against both City and Atletico, with "work ball into box" and "low crosses" ticked.

Edited by ManUtd1

After Thanos scored the winner against Atletico, I asked Zlatan to spend some time with him, and teach him a little humility.  I don't think they're taking it very seriously.

10820bccb137a46d27a9b500d5d0db01.png

54a46d1ea64bcf461fd655df30a92904.png

Edited by ManUtd1

December 2025.

Zlatan was never one to lack confidence. But to see he and Bozidar now...with their scheming paying off in spades... I hesitate to ask what's next, as they seek to push the boundaries beyond what is possible. Thankfully, I managed to stop them from implementing their latest idea, spinning off of the "pre-chewed food" plan. Pre-drank water? Just, no. I had to put my foot down.

The bright lights of Europe have seduced us, fully. With wins against Shakhtar, we went into Matchday 5 on top of the Group against an angry City. We held them at bay at the Spyros Louis, barely. And with a magical night in Madrid, we topped the Group based on head-to-head results against City. A dream return to the Champions League for this historic club.

But we've let our focus slip domestically. Or, perhaps, we've put too much pressure on the 2nd XI. 4 draws mean that we're sitting 2nd, 4 points off PAOK. The Board isn't pleased. Carelessly dropped points are never a good thing, not when expectations are so high. Things must improve...and we've drawn PS-****ing-G in the Champions League.

But for now, it's Christmas. Time to relax with friends and...well...the ever-present Selene. She grows on you... Like a fungus. She wants to take us out to some newly-discover archaeological site over the holidays. So I've got that going for me.

seperator.png

Panathinaikos-v-Shakhtar_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Shakhtar-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-v-Man-City_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Atl%C3%A9tico-v-Panathinaikos_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

f53cc592ede66404f93689bc0f9bafd8.png 3495ce2f2a90a5797ea5a9fde0168bc3.png?fit=1024%2C436&ssl=1

d30621f6ed342bac0e4298feb4240dac.png 05fc9a610ea0f8d4bfbf5d196a252f4f.png

Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-5.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Profile-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Cross-posted in 2025/26 "open thread" at From the Cheap Seats.

Edited by ManUtd1

3 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Excellent work in Europe. Shame about getting PSG

Thanks, man! The draw was disappointing, but the reality is that we're way ahead of schedule in Athens. The boost in money and reputation from this campaign is already huge, as you know, regardless of the result.

December 2025.

A cold day, chillier than most, even for this time of year. That meant that the public viewing points at the archaeological site were virtually deserted when Nicolaj Bur, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Jesse Sorensen and Selene arrived.

The only one who seemed interested was Selene, although Nicolaj had recently begun to notice that she was so much more than another pretty face around the clubhouse. She had a way about her that was captivating. An ageless, timeless quality that Nicolaj found hard to describe. Tall, with ivory-pale skin, contrasted sharply with long, dark hair and black eyes.

As they round the final corner before the viewing platform, Nicolaj is momentarily distracted by a wry comment from Zlatan. But then his eyes catch the glitter of the setting sun, reflecting on something in a deep pit. Something large. Something very large.

Zlatan and Jesse continue on with their laughter, not having noticed. Selene and Nicolaj, however, advance slowly. Speechless. The reflecting light is brighter than sunlight on water.

As they approach the railing, Nicolaj can see that the excavation pit is at least 10 times as wide as it was deep, with dozens of men swarming around the excavation far beneath them.

From the bottom of the pit, an arm rises, carved from stone, the hand holding a giant crystal sphere that shines with the last light of the sun.

Some distance away, a large stone face also rises from the bottom of the excavation, proportionate in size to the hand. The solemn, bearded face wears a look of quiet dignity. Of wisdom and knowledge from another age.

Neither Nicolaj nor Selene speak. Unsummoned, the Void forms in Nicolaj's mind. Whole and complete in an instant. The light reflecting from the sphere fills him. He can almost remember...something...about the sphere.

Selene, for her part, is not looking at the statue. After all, she had claimed to have been here before. Instead, she is watching Nicolaj intently, as if looking to measure his reaction to the colossus below.

"I think I could find my way down there," whisper Nicolaj, his eyes fixed on the crystal sphere.

Nicolaj moves to climb the rail, but Selene takes his arm in hers, pulling him away. Reluctantly, Nicolaj turns his eyes towards hers, the reverie broken.

"This is dangerous," Selene whispers. "Come away, Nico. You are not ready...for this."

As they leave, arm in arm, Nicolaj looks back. The sphere still reflects the last light of the sun, as if captured inside somehow, but a shadow now sits within the sphere, intertwining with the light in a smooth, seductive dance.

Zlatan and Jesse finally notice that their friends are leaving, and leaving together.

"Are they finally together? It's about time."

Zlatan just nods. It is long past time. "They are the belonging together.  Their love is a timeless one, to last through the ages.  The Nico just did not know it yet."

Jesse is a little taken aback at Zlatan's insightful comment.  Looking at Nicolaj and Selene, though he can see how that might be the case. 

But even Jesse has notice that something is off about Selene.  He just can't put his finger on it.

February 2026.

Suffice to say, the broader footballing world is taking notice of what's going on in Athens. No, not the creepy statue. 

Panathinaikos are flying, albeit level with PAOK at the top of the SuperLeague.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Transfer-History.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

The winter transfer window saw offers come in for Aymen Mejri, Marko Botic and Erwin Amberg, in particular, with RB Leipzig throwing big money on the table for Mejri. The good news is that the infusion of cash and prestige from our European campaigns (and early efforts to reduce the wage budget) mean that we have had the flexibility to reject these offers, while also keeping players happy with new contracts.

We're going to lose players at some point. That's a given, as a smaller side with talented youngsters. I'm hopeful that our ahead-of-schedule success in Europe (with the obvious knock-on effects) can help us keep those losses to a minimum.

We're also living by the adage of "fix your roof while the sun is shining," and making moves to strengthen the squad with additional youth. Patryk Leszczynski and Herman Othérus have arrived to replace Hreiðarsson and Athanasakopoulos, with Uros Susnjar arriving in the summer.

Leszczynski will serve as Mejri's understudy in the Shadow Striker role, while Othérus will be the shadowganche in our 2nd XI.

(Note: the shadowganche is our AMC, which uses Guido's patented targetganche setup. In Guido's "classic" strikerless setup (and derivations that I have played with in prior years), this player would serve as the fulcrum through which our attacks flowed. In the current setup, however, the attacks typically flow through the wingbacks, mezzala and inverted winger, with the AMC finishing more attacking moves than instigating them...hence the name change even if the role/duty/PIs are the same. I may write up a separate post about this, if there is interest.)

March 2026.

No, I don't want to talk about it.

283203820_PSGvPanathinaikos_Review.thumb.png.11ce5d2cc2965053cd6042b9d970e625.png 1855442164_PanathinaikosvPSG_Review.thumb.png.8a1543a6371a257dd2cca19a60cdab62.png

Bottom line, this result was frustrating but not unexpected. PS-***ing-G punished our mistakes in the first leg, and the tie was over. We looked much better in the 2nd leg, obviously, but there's a lot of work to be done in Athens.

Now, our attention will turn back to the domestic campaign -- we've already secured Champions League football next year, with a top 3 finish. (Yes, you read that correctly, Greece have 3 Champions League spots going forward, with the top 2 seeded into the Group Stage.)

Anything less than a domestic double will be a severe disappointment.

1685331706_PanathinaikosAO_Competitions.thumb.png.eda380088fff93a0f823a513bdd3a112.png 896186761_PanathinaikosAO_Fixtures.thumb.png.f8a8f35ae530f687a2d289e0d145c984.png

5 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Isn't she the coldplay fan?

tenor.gif?itemid=4981280

That, and perhaps much, much more.

3 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

If only he took the Blackburn job :cool:

That mighy be too much, even for this thread! :lol:

5 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Would be a lovely side narrative to go along with your blistering career 

I'm pretty sure that in my 17 Nearly Men thread, Antonella left Leo when his managerial career saw him getting relegated 2x in Turkey, etc...

I'm just catching up... I don't understand how you became so good with strikerless tactics man, I thought it was a FM17 quirk back then, but then you just keep on pulling it off again and again way past those days, brilliant. Nothing to be ashamed of against PSG, the group stage was awesome.

As for Messi and UrCristiano... Yes that makes absolute perfect sense, retiring as managers of fairly mediocre European sides... Plz fix SI.

On the Zlatan fanfic latest tangents... I refrain to comment before I get flagged up by association. All us that follow this, we must all be on some sort of FBI watchlist by behavioral experts by now.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

I'm just catching up... I don't understand how you became so good with strikerless tactics man, I thought it was a FM17 quirk back then, but then you just keep on pulling it off again and again way past those days, brilliant. Nothing to be ashamed of against PSG, the group stage was awesome.

As for Messi and UrCristiano... Yes that makes absolute perfect sense, retiring as managers of fairly mediocre European sides... Plz fix SI.

On the Zlatan fanfic latest tangents... I refrain to comment before I get flagged up by association. All us that follow this, we must all be on some sort of FBI watchlist by behavioral experts by now.

Hey!  Better late than never.  And, as you know, I love nothing more than the insanity that goes on in the background of our saves...the journeys of the Midget Beast and urCristiano, in particular.

I'm definitely on a list.  Several, perhaps.

giphy.gif

---

Edit - regarding the PSG result.  Just...wow.  They punished us severely in Paris.  Mbappe in 2026 is genuinely amazing.  He was "on" and we didn't have an answer.

5ba1fac151629eb468807c26dfa4b7bc.png

Edited by ManUtd1

Good men don't become legends.

PicsArt_11-22-02.43.22.png

Panathinaikos AO - Season Review 2025/26

The end of the campaign has left a hollow feeling in my gut. While we accomplished so much -- a domestic sweep, with massive victories in the Champions League -- we saw how far we have to go, that night in Paris. There's so much to be done.

We have the backbone of a squad capable of challenging the elite, if only we have time to continue to develop it. Aymen Mejri does not want to wait, and has handed in a transfer request. He is our talisman. We can replace him, but surely the path would be easier if he would stay.

Truth be told, that hollow feeling in my gut is not solely the result of the task that lies before us, on the pitch. I awoke this morning -- mere hours after claiming the Kýpello Ellados -- to find a handwritten note from Selene:

"I must leave you for a time. There are too many people here, and I do not like Zlatan. Never think that I am too far from you. You will be in my thoughts always, as I know that I am in yours."

It wasn't signed, but the note smelled of her perfume. And that elegant, flowing script had the look of her. Just when we were beginning to truly become close, she leaves? She has always left my head a muddle, and I simply do not understand what could have happened to make her want to leave.

I ask Zlatan, Bozidar and Jesse, who were up all night. Oddly, none of them saw her leave. And they claim to not understand why she has left, either. I do not share the contents of the note with the lads. I don't know what to think of it, and doubt they'd understand or have much in the way of constructive advice.

No, they're much more focused on enjoying the World Cup which kicks off in less than two weeks' time, and their plan to watch every single minute of every match. I'll be right there with them, of course.

And when the matches aren't on, we'll plan for the campaign to come. Another tilt at the Champions League. We must do better, this time. We have to find an edge, put a chip on our shoulders and look towards the next fight.

We must forget that night in Paris, put it in the past. Just like I must do with Selene, it seems.

At least for now.

separator

It has been one hell of a year... ICYMI, all of the shenanigans can be found in the 2025/26 open thread.

I normally don't make a point to talk about youth intakes, because (even though I focus on youth players) I'm rarely at clubs for more than 5-6 years. This year, though, we had a solid intake with one massive player -- Takis Karamanidis. He'll get time with the first team next year. Tasos Pararas might be good enough to eventually make the squad, too.

As noted above, Aymen Mejri has put in a transfer request, seeking a move to a bigger club. He's got a contract through 2029 (with a 3-year extension clause), though, so I intend to hold out for a massive fee. Let's just hope that the Board doesn't intervene to accept something lower than I want...and that other players don't join him in seeking an exit. Frankly, if he were to move on we have the depth to manage it -- especially with young Karamanidis coming into the squad.

Goals for 2025/26: Win the SuperLeague. Reach the Champions League knockout rounds. Start managing on the international level, if an eligible nation opens up and looks like a "fit."

Panathinaikos-AO_-Players.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 SuperLeague-1_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Transfer-History-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-AO_-Summary.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Income.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Expenditure.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-2-1.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

png-page-divider-letterpress-dividers-52

European Review

Of course, before we can move on to the 2026 World Cup, we need to see what else happened in Europe...

In the Champions League, Pep Guardiola's Liverpool avenged their loss to Roma in the 2024/25 Champions League with a 2-nil win over Thomas Tuchel's PS-****ing-G. That makes it 3 Champions League titles in 4 years.

It also means we have a newly-eligible team...which I'd normally be really excited about. But...it's PSG. The reality is that they're likely to win the Champions League before long, so I won't have to go there...at least, that's what I'm going to tell myself.

Liverpool-v-PSG_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Champions-League_-Stages.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

In the Europa League, Mano Menezes' Monaco (say that three times fast...) beat Jorge Jesus' Atletico on penalties.

Monaco-v-Atlético_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-League_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-League_-Stages.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Finally, I still love the Europa Conference League, where Bruno Lage's RB Leipzig claimed the title after a 6-2 win over Basel.

Basel-v-RB-Leipzig_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-Conference-League_-Profile-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 UEFA-Europa-Conference-League_-Stages.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Not much has changed in the active leagues. Diego Simeone’s Barcelona claimed their 3rd straight title in Spain.  Unai Emery's Man City successfully defended their Premier League title, winning their 7th in 9 years.  Maurizio Sarri's Juve, Valverde’s Bayern, and Thomas Tuchel's PSG did their usual things. Stanislav Genchev’s Genk won their 3rd straight Jupiler Pro League, and Dragan Stojkovic's Crvena zvezda continued their dominance in Serbia.  And, finally, Stefan Billborn's Malmo won their first since 2017.

Allsvenskan_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Bundesliga_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Jupiler-Pro-League_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 LaLiga-Santander_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Ligue-1-Conforama_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Linglong-Tire-Super-liga_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Premier-League_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Serie-A-TIM_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

separator

Save/Challenge Overview

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 4cdb8c7cb424091652db7253137a68da.png

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 43094504ec87d811adfed154265f00e5.png

Cross-posted at From the Cheap Seats.

Edited by ManUtd1

2 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Brilliant work in the last two seasons,great to see that you've managed to upgrade the facilities as that will help you in the long term,Panathinaikos for the Champions League in 2028 :D 

Thanks, man! Couldn't agree more re the facilities. We're at least a year or two ahead of my internal planning, which I'm hoping will pay off in terms of keeping players around.  Mejri, in particular, if we can keep him around...

July 2026.

The best thing about the summer of 2026?

It's a World Cup year.

More specifically, it is the first time in the save that 48 teams will be vying for the title, and I'm holding out hope that another country will become eligible.

At least, I was holding out hope.

It didn't happen.

It was close, though. Regen-led Ghana and Miguel Cardoso's Portugal both reached the semifinals...but it was Dieter Hecking's Germany and Gustavo Alfaro's Argentina who contested the final.

And what a final it was. 6 shots on target, between the two teams.

Let's be clear. I don't have anything against Ze Germans or Argentina. But watching Ghana and Portugal come that close and not make it was like a kick in the teeth. I can't wait to dig into international management.

FIFA-World-Cup_-Profile.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Germany-v-Argentina_-Review.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 FIFA-World-Cup_-Stages.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

World-Cup-Group-Stage-1-of-3.png World-Cup-Group-Stage-2-of-3.png World-Cup-Group-Stage-3-of-3.png 

giphy.gif

July 2026.

The lads returned for training in good spirits.

Thanos showed up wearing a plaid zoot suit on our first day back, leading to a fair amount of banter among the lads. That is, until Zlatan got involved, pointing out that young Thanos looked like the bassist from the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. (An accurate, albeit dated reference.)

Young Thanos didn't really know what to make of this, until one of the lads Google'd it. Then, and only then, were a few harsh words exchanged, leading to a bit of wrestling...which ended with Zlatan biting Thanos' ear to assert his dominance.

A good first day? I guess so. Only egos were bruised, temporarily. Zlatan and Thanos left the training ground fast friends, already exchanging insults ahead of the Mario Kart tournament the lads have planned for later this afternoon.

"Thanos, let the Zlatan speak you the truth. You could not drive an elevator with two buttons."

"Zlatan, you're so old, you couldn't drive miss Daisy."

"You could not the drive a bus full of children to the zoo!"

"Because I'd be distracted by you, Zlatan! You'd be sitting up front in your special helmet, trying to hump my leg!"

"You could not be the driving of Thelma and Louise off a cliff!"

"You drive like a blind man with no legs, Zlatan."

"You drive like the Bozidar's grandmother!"

"Dude...Zlatan... That's disrespectful, bro."

"Yeah... Sorry, brother. The Zlatan took it too far."

seperator.png

the-mighty-mighty-bosstones.jpeg

Tell me, Thanos... "Have you ever felt the odds stacked up so high, you need a strength most don't possess?"

Edited by ManUtd1

August 2026.

The Summer transfer window has yet to close, but we've done the business so far.

Lucio Carlos is out, off to Genk, replaced by Jean-Michel Martinet from AIK. An immediate upgrade to our 2nd XI with significant long-term potential.

The big issue all summer has been whether Mejri will stay or move on. He demanded a transfer, and wouldn't take no for an answer. So, mindful of the remaining years on his contract, I agreed...and set his value to $120 million.

The good news was that when offers were coming in from some teams (e.g., RB Leipzig), I'd get a message saying he wasn't interested in going there, but was more interested in Liverpool. Or Barcelona. So, I just kept on rejecting massive bids (albeit nowhere near my asking price) and he didn't get upset. This was fantastic.

Until Liverpool made a bid. $84 million up front, $26 million in installments. (That's $110 million, for those of you counting on your fingers.)

And I rejected it.

giphy.gif

Suffice to say, Mejri threw his toys out of the pram. I'd broken my promises, etc.

But there was an option in the chat...oh, there was an out, if only I could thread the needle.

I did what any reasonable manager would have done in that situation.

I promised Mejri that we'd make the "later stages" of the Champions League. This year.

And he agreed to stay, provided that we make good on my promise.

Ever since, I just reject transfer offers and Mejri doesn't seem to care one bit. Not even when I rejected a $110 million bid from Chelsea.

No, no, his manager told him this team is going places...he's happy as a pig in ****.

So, I've got this year to uphold that promise... And if I can't...well, his contract still runs through 2029, plus the 3-year option I can still invoke.

This could get interesting...

Mejri-morale.png Nicolaj-Bur_-Inbox.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Nicolaj-Bur_-Inbox-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1

Edited by ManUtd1

August 2026.

The best thing about our exploits in Europe thus far?

No, not that. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Greece's league reputation has risen enough so that: (1) three Greek teams now enter the Champions League, with 2 seeded directly into the Group Stage; and (2) more importantly, the SuperLeague champions are an automatic 1st seed.

Yes, that means we're a first seed, years ahead of when I thought that would happen.

Life is good in Athens.

Jose Mourinho's Arsenal, regen-led Sporting, and urCristiano's Club Brugge?!

Yes, please.

UEFA-Champions-League_-Stages-1.png?fit=

giphy.gif 

Edited by ManUtd1

October 2026

For a time, Thanos was so busy fooling around with Zlatan that they'd both forgotten all about the club-imposed social media embargo.

This made our new press officer very happy -- both Zlatan and Thanos were distracted, and neither of them was on Twitter. Although talking with the new press officer did make me wonder again, just where did Selene disappeared to... No one seems to know.

Of course, all good things must come to an end. Zlatan took away Thanos' Tamagochi after he showed up late for training last week, leading to all sorts of chaos in the locker room. I finally had to bring the two of them into my office for a chat.

"Bottom line, there's no excuse for either of you to act like this. This ends today. Sort it out."

Thanos is on the verge of tears. He can't even look at Zlatan. "He starved to death, Boss. Starved!"

Zlatan is trying not to laugh. I just sigh, trying to figure out a way out of this.

Zlatan tries to explain, but I don't want to hear it.

"Why does everything have to be a competition with you, Zlatan?!"

"That is not the true, Boss, the Zlatan--"

I cut him off. I've had enough. "Zlatan, just last night you and Jesse were have a toothbrushing battle."

"The Zlatan must kill the plaque good and dead, Boss. The gingivitis is no joke."

I'm not getting anywhere.

Tears are now flowing down Thanos' face. "Sometimes, late at night, I can still hear my Carlitos beeping... He just wanted a salty snack... Those were his favorites..."

We're away to Jose Mourinho's Arsenal in 10 days. I need Thanos to get over this. There's only one thing to do.

Lift the embargo on Twitter.

What could go wrong?!

8a5e33e907198c9262fa06d342f88e20.png

1c76e345f5936240949a11fcd1030462.png

f4f3db0e1334450e7e68327dca3fdeb0.png

Edited by ManUtd1

11 hours ago, rodesire said:

Does fm20 have league rep inflation like fm19 did? After a few decades most leagues would become 4/4.5* in rep

I'm not that far in, but there doesn't seem to be inflation at this point.

1036540039_Europe_Leagues.thumb.png.32bf68b66c6444b51bb8c11bc0e48d89.png

November 2026.

The season seems to be flying by and, if you think there's been a lack of updates...well, you're correct. A bit less madness at the moment. But never fear. That's only because we're cooking something up in the background...

For now, though, let's take a look at how Panathinaikos are doing in the Fall of 2026. Frankly, it looks a bit like last year. 1 point off PAOK in the SuperLeague, after the 2nd XI drew against both Panachaiki and Panaitolikos -- utter domination, but they simply couldn't finish. In Europe, the 1st XI has done us proud, securing qualification to the knockout rounds ahead of both urCristiano's Club Brugge and regen-led Sporting.

We're in great shape...just need to keep the good times rolling.

Panathinaikos-AO_-Competitions-2.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1 Panathinaikos-AO_-Fixtures-3.png?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1