64 bit

Good afternoon, 

I saw that FM20 will be 64 bit , will this be the end of the ( stupid and ridiculous ) "investment funds". I hope so because in my last save i think the board put every season like 

100 million Euro in a funds and i can not find where the money stays.

3 minutes ago, Soviet said:

I don't understand the connection between investment funds in game and the 64-bit requirement?

I read on different post that it had to  do with the  32-bit architecture .

There used to be a bug in fm where hitting £2bn bank balance would set your balance to -£2bn, it's to avoid that

5 minutes ago, Soviet said:

I don't understand the connection between investment funds in game and the 64-bit requirement?

3 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Me either?!

I think OP is referring to the board "investing" several hundred million € if your club accumulates too much money, to avoid integer overflow

I thought the 'investment fund' was purely cosmetic. I.e, when you get too much money the game/directors just take a few hundred million from you. I never thought the game actually gives you that back should you then lose the remainder of your cash.

31 minutes ago, Ellis_D said:

I thought the 'investment fund' was purely cosmetic. I.e, when you get too much money the game/directors just take a few hundred million from you. I never thought the game actually gives you that back should you then lose the remainder of your cash.

Yeah, this is what I thought too. 
Basically it just reduces your balance so you don’t hit the max level of balance.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Soviet said:

Well if that's the truth and maximum balance in FM19 was 4,294,967,295, then in FM20 it should be 18,446,744,073,709,551,615, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

Doesn't work like that, just because the game is 64-bit. That's not what it means.

12 hours ago, Soviet said:

Well if that's the truth and maximum balance in FM19 was 4,294,967,295, then in FM20 it should be 18,446,744,073,709,551,615, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

It would very much depend on how they declare the number/double/float/whatever. Declaring a variable with that potential value for every team in the world could cost too much resource-wise. Especially when most players never even hit the 32bit limit in the first place, this is a corner case at best. But with 64bit architecture at least they have the _possibility_ of doing things like this.

Edited by XaW