Why does FM continue to have Brexit (which may no happen) but continues to move the Qatar world cup?

I can only assume it is for publicity rather than anything else.

The Qatar world cup is happening, start and finish dates have already been agreed.  Yet it continues to be moved.

Can you continue to speculate on (a) if Brexit will happen and (b) what the effect of Brexit will have on football in England.

If you can speculate on something which may not even happen (Brexit), why not speculate on what will happen to fixtures etc.. during the Qatar WC?

The 2022 World Cup usually stays in Qatar in FM19 (with the subsequent winter league schedule changes as well). From what I've gathered, moving the tournament to another country only happens in a small percentage of saves.

It's the same thing with Brexit. It usually happens (with a variety of possible scenarios), but sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah my current save I'm in the middle of the fixture gap caused by the 2022 World Cup, season started in July so didn't have the usual pre-season friendlies. I'm having them now in December as the final stages of the World Cup play out and the rest period afterwards. It's certainly done weird things to the schedule.

10 hours ago, cris182 said:

I thought originally they moved the world cup in game until they had figured out the coding etc, Now it is in game as a random event that only some get

It was moved in FM18, but it isn't in FM19, I don't think I've seen anyone say they had the World Cup moved from Qatar.

Wait, is this why my schedule is so weird? Started 22\23 season and couldn't figure out why everything was so awkward, I mean some leagues started in mid July. Sold a player to a PL team at the start of August only to realize after confirming that it will only go through in January because the transfer window in England ended and 2 match weeks were already played. Also some really weird fixtures like the first 2 matches of the EL group stage being the mirror matches VS same team. 

Didn't think about the Qatar WC, something to consider next save I guess. 

3 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Do you have a link for that?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/916592

The statement on HG restrictions and Brexit.

How well that holds up depending on the Brexit agreement (assuming it happens) and any potential law changes, I don't know. But it seems to me that they're not going to add/remove further restrictions by choice.

Just now, isignedupfornorealreason said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/916592

The statement on HG restrictions and Brexit.

How well that holds up depending on the Brexit agreement (assuming it happens) and any potential law changes, I don't know. But it seems to me that they're not going to add/remove further restrictions by choice.

That's the issue though, it ultimately doesn't matter what the FA or the league organisations want, it comes down to changes in the law regarding immigration.

48 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

Brexit is happening though with or without parliamentary approval of May's deal. We just leave without a deal. It's not ideal but there you go. 

That's not entirely true. There is the possibility of a 2nd referendum, with "remain" as an option again.

On 01/12/2018 at 14:15, alandlondon said:

I can only assume it is for publicity rather than anything else.

The Qatar world cup is happening, start and finish dates have already been agreed.  Yet it continues to be moved.

Can you continue to speculate on (a) if Brexit will happen and (b) what the effect of Brexit will have on football in England.

If you can speculate on something which may not even happen (Brexit), why not speculate on what will happen to fixtures etc.. during the Qatar WC?

Did you even play the game before you make the complaint? Sound like you are just speculate on something without even checking the if it's true in the latest release.

2 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

That's not entirely true. There is the possibility of a 2nd referendum, with "remain" as an option again.

The operative word being "possibility". You can't say Brexit will not happen just because there is a possibility of a second (nay, third) referendum. Many variables still to consider such as remain winning the next vote and, of course, the possibility of a fourth vote a few years down the line to appease the Brexiteers.

Archived