ARGUS 343

BLUE MATTER 433

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE 451

MIDSOMER  442

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

No name means they were set up in demo

Anchor version is stupidly good with underdogs. Won everything (including Champions League) with Rosenborg from Norway first season (actually 1,5 season cause Norway start in January). 10 of the conceded goals in the league came in the last 7 matches when we had already won the league - not sure if that's a coincidence. 

Bit lucky vs Man Utd second time we met them, but most matches we deserved the results we got, so this was no fluke.

You already broke FM2019 Knap. Wasn't expecting it to go this fast. :D Our players are around 120-130 ability on average, so this is not normal.

Thanks!! :)

*edit* Forgot to say I played every match on Instant Result and with Balanced mentality (only change from original, which is Attacking)

CL1.jpg

cl2.jpg

league1.jpg

Just used midsummer 442 (home games) and volante (away games) for my first season with Blackburn. I know it's only the championship but I finished 1st with 110 points an a goal difference of +80. I also got to the league cup final (beaten by Chelsea 2-1) and I won the FA cup (beat Liverpool 2-1).

For those interested, I bought Antonio Marin for 2million, Dennis Diekmier on a free transfer, Diego Poyet on a free, and Sigurd Gronli for 160k. I did also manage to loan Jacob Bruun Larsen from Dortmund and Hudson Odoi from Chelsea. I found that it mattered very little that these players were not natural in MR or ML positions.

Just wanted to thank you Knap for all the efforts you make to ensure this game is more enjoyable for people like me that is unable to make good enough tactics!

3 hours ago, jedidja said:

Just used midsummer 442 (home games) and volante (away games) for my first season with Blackburn. I know it's only the championship but I finished 1st with 110 points an a goal difference of +80. I also got to the league cup final (beaten by Chelsea 2-1) and I won the FA cup (beat Liverpool 2-1).

For those interested, I bought Antonio Marin for 2million, Dennis Diekmier on a free transfer, Diego Poyet on a free, and Sigurd Gronli for 160k. I did also manage to loan Jacob Bruun Larsen from Dortmund and Hudson Odoi from Chelsea. I found that it mattered very little that these players were not natural in MR or ML positions.

Just wanted to thank you Knap for all the efforts you make to ensure this game is more enjoyable for people like me that is unable to make good enough tactics!

Very nice. :)

Fun fact. I bought Grønli in my Rosenborg save to, but didn't wanna retrain him so he went to exactly Blackburn on loan and he's been youth player of the month twice for them :D

He's beginning to look like a real gem now (especially with how good he is at corners/free-kicks to). Are you just using him  in ML/MR position without retraining?

After being champion in league 1 with Portsmouth, I was predicted to be 23rd in Championship, but we end up being champions again, losing in the FA cup semi final 1-2 vs Arsenal.

I have o say, this tactic is deadly from crosses and corners, and I love the fact that it concedes so few goals.

In the first season my LB (Lee Brown) ended the season with 27 assists from 48 games.

In the second season my LM (Josh Morris) ended the season with... you guessed it. 27 assists from 48 games.

I haven't started the new season yet, still getting some new players. I got Jake Cooper (CB) and he is an absolute monster, his attributes are disgusting, I'm expecting a great amount of goals from this guy.

The only less positive aspect about the tactic is the fact that the strikers are not as active as the other players on the field, sometimes they even get close to 15 hours without a goal. What kind of striker do you guys find success with?

Hello @knap. Could you tell me will yours tactic (4-3-3) 2x Segundo Volante and 1x Anchor work in Seria A? Usually, i can see that many briliant tactics (which work in Premier League, Bundesline) do not work in Seria A. Now i am testing your's tactic (4-3-3) 2x Segundo Volante and 1x Anchor in Genoa and it seems to be really weird. Could you give me some advices? Thanks in advance, Cheers!

19 hours ago, Ohanzee said:

Anchor version is stupidly good with underdogs. Won everything (including Champions League) with Rosenborg from Norway first season (actually 1,5 season cause Norway start in January). 10 of the conceded goals in the league came in the last 7 matches when we had already won the league - not sure if that's a coincidence. 

Bit lucky vs Man Utd second time we met them, but most matches we deserved the results we got, so this was no fluke.

You already broke FM2019 Knap. Wasn't expecting it to go this fast. :D Our players are around 120-130 ability on average, so this is not normal.

Thanks!! :)

*edit* Forgot to say I played every match on Instant Result and with Balanced mentality (only change from original, which is Attacking)

CL1.jpg

cl2.jpg

league1.jpg

which tac?

1 minute ago, knap said:

Not sure why Italy is that different. You may find the Beta tactics have very odd attacking corners, but not sure what else would be weird

This country is one of the weirdest of all. Really can't understand why tactis i used in bvb, b04, arsenal, zagłębie lubin (polish 1st division) worked so so so perfect there but not in Seria A. Broken league.

3 minutes ago, knap said:

Maybe heat and intensity or do the AI use different formations?

I played against 3-5-2, 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3 

OFFTOPIC: Do u have some tips for how to set training programs ? 

6 minutes ago, Vapo2142 said:

AM as playmaker or False 9? Maybe Classic 10 ? 

I think AM=Assistant Manger :D. As for Italy most managers player more defensively which tends to make things harder in FM.

Just now, kandersson said:

I think AM=Assistant Manger :D. As for Italy most managers player more defensively which tends to make things harder in FM.

Holy Molly :D Ok, now i get it. So this was and answer for my training program question. Hmm... Usually i don't trust any AM, but dunno how to set this programs. Too many options. 

Yes. It's really annoying when I have 20 shots to 1. And i lost 0-1 against 20st club...

4 hours ago, Ohanzee said:

Very nice. :)

Fun fact. I bought Grønli in my Rosenborg save to, but didn't wanna retrain him so he went to exactly Blackburn on loan and he's been youth player of the month twice for them :D

He's beginning to look like a real gem now (especially with how good he is at corners/free-kicks to). Are you just using him  in ML/MR position without retraining?

Oh nice, it must be written in the stars for him to be at Rovers (fingers crossed it happens in real life too). I retrained him for right wing but had to use him as a DLP to cover for injuries as well. He can be developed into a really good player with the right mentoring.

The most effective tactic on my test games are as posted which at the moment is attacking. I can set up the same role duty tactic on cautious and it will produce similar results but a few pts down over a season.

To use the perfect tactic for each game and squad may require minor tweaks. However, if I use a balanced mentality on my test game it will not show the maximum potential, so it is best to tweak as and when needed.

Ideally I would suggest  having a tactic strategy (example below) and there is still option to use balanced and cautious (tweaking)

Get a goal               BEOWULF 424

Home tactic           MIDSOMER 442

Away tactic            VOLANTE ANCHOR

Plan B                    PILGRIMAGE 451

Plan C                    VOLANTE BBM

SUS                        VOLANTE ANCHOR SUS

3 minutes ago, knap said:

Ideally I would suggest  having a tactic strategy (example below) and there is still option to use balanced and cautious (tweaking)

Get a goal               BEOWULF 424

Home tactic           MIDSOMER 442

Away tactic            VOLANTE ANCHOR

Plan B                    PILGRIMAGE 451

Plan C                    VOLANTE BBM

SUS                        VOLANTE ANCHOR SUS

Sorry, what does SUS mean?

Mr @knap I've just started Burton Albion career. 4-3-3 (2x Segundo Volante and 1x Anchor). After 6 matches, 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 lost. Do u think thank Anchor is the best DM role ? I read once polish tactic tutorial named Joint Story 4. It was translated for english on Fmscout too. The author said that Anchor is a role which is good only against the team which play really narrow. What do u think about it ? 

Should use FMT as no need to worry about tactic training. The testing I do in the main game starts with first competitive game of season so no previous tactic training.

There would be no need to train get a goal or SUS tactics as one off and used for maybe 20 mins in a match.

Home Away and Plan B can be trained with PLAN C being a surprise tactic. All the tactics suggested are set up in a similar way so training should not be an issue.

Another form of tweaking is changing the players positions during game (try right winger on left), and also use Subs to try and change game.

10 minutes ago, knap said:

Should use FMT as no need to worry about tactic training. The testing I do in the main game starts with first competitive game of season so no previous tactic training.

There would be no need to train get a goal or SUS tactics as one off and used for maybe 20 mins in a match.

Home Away and Plan B can be trained with PLAN C being a surprise tactic. All the tactics suggested are set up in a similar way so training should not be an issue.

Another form of tweaking is changing the players positions during game (try right winger on left), and also use Subs to try and change game. 

knap what do you use on FMT ive tried anchor on there with no success

I nave to give Credit to White Europe for the Anchor Role, The fact that as underdog tactic it is more likely to face wide formations than narrow. Also the AI will attack in many ways of which wide will be more likely. From testing results I would say the Anchor role works very well. Is there is a suggestion of a better role in a 4222 set up to replace the Anchor role.

Archived