Lower league managers section

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

So gutted this forum doesn't exist anymore... doesn't sound pretentious, hipster or condescending at all

:ackter:

No more so than any other forum with guidelines.

"Hey, dont post tactics out of the tactics forum, let's move that for you!"   

Pretty much every forum here has some guidelines and rules, that one was no different, it just had more of them.

12 hours ago, turnip said:

Forums that have stricter rules on posting end up with better content. That applies across the internet.

Well there is a balance and I think the LLM forum didn't have it. I was ostracised for a misdemeanour that wasn't in the rules. I got that you can't download other people's tactics, but I went to the tactic forum to learn about tactics - real FM-applied tactics, not exploits. I figured real-life managers would do research, read tactics manuals and press reports etc so I felt it was in the spirit of the game (in contrast to the Good Player Guide forum which I never dipped into). I wasn't simply told 'we don't do that' - I was ignored until I gave up, and left the forum to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe @Sports Interactive would re-introduce a LLM Forum for the release of FM19 to test the LLM waters? I bet there are a lot of LLM's out there not contributing to the forums (Inc. myself.) FM takes pride in delivering the most realistic football simulation money can buy, they should be supporting the most realistic way to play FM in the forums.

Waiting for FM 2019 | Starting Unemployed | LLM Rules 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:49, jaysdailydose said:

No more so than any other forum with guidelines.

"Hey, dont post tactics out of the tactics forum, let's move that for you!"   

Pretty much every forum here has some guidelines and rules, that one was no different, it just had more of them.

"Cristiano Ronaldo..."

"You can't say that!  Player naming!!!"

I used to lurk out of interest but found it far too cliquey to bother posting in.

Generally speaking, people who made that mistake got their post edited alongside a friendly response that player naming was against the rules of the forum and encouraged to contribute in other ways or try a different forum.

Most of the harsh words were saved for repeat offenders (basically low-effort trolls) and people who reacted to the 'friendly response' poorly (as in "Why do I have to read the rules, I didn't see any rules?").

I seem to remember there being evenings where the OTF regulars would 'invade' the forum and attempt to break as many of the rules as they could. 

The LLM forum was closed because it died due to poster inactivity.  Why the users stopped posting is another issue, but the responses of the regulars about the rules may have contributed.  It is hard to imagine that, after a burst of initial enthusiasm, it may not go the same way

• Administrators
17 hours ago, bruntonpasty said:

Maybe @Sports Interactive would re-introduce a LLM Forum for the release of FM19 to test the LLM waters? 

Not sure there would be much point as it’s unlikely to sustain itself past the original release burst. May as well use the Careers Update forum and tag your thread.

Archived