Better pitch textures?

stoned_assasin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Le ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 à 15:50, DieSpaghettis a dit :

Lawn changed here Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvf5rf6yfjwss88/textures.rar

Folder Just Copy It to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /
Empty cache, reload skin.

20180107165005_1.jpg

20180114112657_1.jpg

20180114163646_1.jpg

what to do with the first download? delete everything or copy / paste and replaced ???

Sans titre.png

There should be some independent group of people who keep in check the quality of Football Manager. And perhaps introduce fines that will be transferred to random charities. 

Since Si Games has a monopoly with FM there is no competition in this niche. With FM18 the pitch and stadium look very sterile comparing it to FM17. And also the new regenfaces are the worst since years. However, I applaud the first adaption to 3D faces, ofcourse. 

2 hours ago, 超级足球狂热迷 said:

hello

can you share the file with a modified lawn? thanks 

Lawn files must be compressed to fmf file to display?
If I put the lawn file directly into the pitch folder, I can not display it
But Zip into this file simatchviewer-pc
Can be displayed

Lawn changed here Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvf5rf6yfjwss88/textures.rar

Folder Just Copy It to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /
Empty cache, reload skin.

I have a simple/stupid one.

Do I need to unpack anything from simatchviewer-pc.fmf? 

Is it enough just to paste textures folder from that link in mydoc/SI/FM18?

2 minutes ago, zele said:

I have a simple/stupid one.

Do I need to unpack anything from simatchviewer-pc.fmf? 

Is it enough just to paste textures folder from that link in mydoc/SI/FM18?

No, the files above straight into the fm folder.

12 minutes ago, pdstanbridge said:

I think I'm seeing improvements. It's difficult to tell in the lower leagues.

image.thumb.png.4b117217e477d51bbbda152f711d2e8e.png

The time of day and weather sometimes dont help. the lighting is very dark (might just be my laptop though).. for checking just the pattern .dds anyway.  

5a6cd5faca02d_PartickThistlevRangers_MatchPitch.thumb.png.025f2accc275eb2e945105956dae853f.png

On 30. 12. 2017 at 23:21, wkdsoul said:

Cheers mike, i've just made a note of which patterns appear in the game highlights so Man A = Checkered.  and started loading that way - messing about with with em for now

5a483aec0f590_MacclesfieldvManCity_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.8772fa3c1d70d7d652bacb0cab4f2147.png5a483b63a6e9a_WatfordvBrighton_MatchPitch.thumb.png.bca976669bcbbd31542ec23b3fa91001.png5a4840aca54ea_LeicestervWestHam_MatchPitch.thumb.png.9fff03def061616de017e6c2f4573abe.png5a484f61d0c0f_HuddersfieldvNewcastle_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.c903a0da320801bf130182f891fcd71f.png

5a490cd184377_RealSaltLakevLosAngelesKings_MatchPitch.thumb.png.cf34cb820c06b90cd4e2149b5c0a1e26.png

Do you have some tips how to make it or do you just creating pictures/patterns what you like or what comes to your mind? 

2 hours ago, keysi said:

Do you have some tips how to make it or do you just creating pictures/patterns what you like or what comes to your mind? 

I just random black and white images from google and shaded them to match the green from the default

On 29/12/2017 at 21:23, scooter28 said:

I dont understand myself altair sorry lads but i dont have a clue what i need to do with this. Its probably is just me being rather stupid here but can anyone put a simple read me file or something like that up it would be really helpful to the likes of myself :) . Never had any trouble with adding files/graphics before on fm thanks Davie  

Did the pitches look alright from the PM? 

I loaded these in yesterday, but not entirely convinced they've worked (although hard to tell in league two) - is this right that they go in your documents folder? I'm sure in previous editions they are extracted to the data folder.

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

I loaded these in yesterday, but not entirely convinced they've worked (although hard to tell in league two) - is this right that they go in your documents folder? I'm sure in previous editions they are extracted to the data folder.

Yup put in documents simple as that pal  http://prntscr.com/iab2r7

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get this to work. I've read this thread 3 times, and I cant find a straight answer to how this works. I might be stupid on a level out of the ordinary, but I'm top $ confused. This shouldn't be so difficult.

I've placed the pitch pack from this thread in user/documents/sports interactive/fm18/textures/pitch - cleared cache, reloaded skin.

Tried all kinds of other suggestions that this thread has to offer, but nothing works.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could be very clear on this issue. Step by step, where does the pack go, do I need files from the extracted simatchviewer-pc, etc.

I hope for some help.

13 minutes ago, Serkan FY said:

Yes, I saw that post. But there are just folders in this .rar file. Shouldn't the .dds files be in there too?

The dds files are in the pitch folder in that rar file.

The patterns folder is in my link above.  

The rest is dead crap from last year. ignore it

On 22/2/2018 at 06:49, hr.geisler said:

I cannot get this to work. I've read this thread 3 times, and I cant find a straight answer to how this works. I might be stupid on a level out of the ordinary, but I'm top $ confused. This shouldn't be so difficult.

I've placed the pitch pack from this thread in user/documents/sports interactive/fm18/textures/pitch - cleared cache, reloaded skin.

Tried all kinds of other suggestions that this thread has to offer, but nothing works.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could be very clear on this issue. Step by step, where does the pack go, do I need files from the extracted simatchviewer-pc, etc.

I hope for some help.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me out with this? Tried so many things, but apparently I'm missing something.

3 hours ago, hr.geisler said:

I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me out with this? Tried so many things, but apparently I'm missing something.

Have you unpacked the rar file?  You should have a bunch of dds files.  the ones that are named after patterns (checkered etc) need to go in the patterns folder within textures/pitch.

You should have something like this (but with less folders. just the patterns one)

image.thumb.png.dd4f270613dfc433c707e25f

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 20:42, michaeltmurrayuk said:

As replacing the pitch textures seems to be confusing people I have made a quick step-by-step guide here:

Note that you will need to source your own replacement textures.

"Note that you will need to source your own replacement textures." What does this mean exactly?

Archived