Better pitch textures?

stoned_assasin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone who's trying to help, but still I'm finding the information is not clear enough. Just to clear things up:

First of all, the correct path should be (in the user folder of fm18, I think everybody got that): /mesh/pitch ? or /textures/pitch ?

Second, the customized textures of previous versions of FM all have the folders with the different types of pitch, with the .dds image file inside each one called "grass_01". The name is the same in every folder, no matter if it's a the perfect folder or the frozen folder. We should change this files names to "detail_grass_1", is that it?

PS: because I only have FMT I'm not able to get Resource Archiver to unpack the graphics fmf file. I just wanted to know what's the structure of the folders, and the correct file names you get when you unpack the fmf file. Again if someone could upload them , it would be great.

1 hour ago, Crb1986 said:

Hello,

the files to be renamed are the ones inside the folders below?

image.thumb.png.553d5c2cd710b86eba288f0326de8531.png

Thank you.

In that folder where you have the 'grass_01_mud' file you need to have the pitch graphics you want to use called 'detail_grass_1' through to 'detail_grass_7' these are the files that the game uses (it might use the files inside the subfolders but I don't know how many, nor how the game determines which detail_grass file to use).

In the mesh/pitch folder you'll have two files 'grass_01' and 'touchline_01' though I think these are just for the outside pitch areas so might not be needed.

34 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

In that folder where you have the 'grass_01_mud' file you need to have the pitch graphics you want to use called 'detail_grass_1' through to 'detail_grass_7' these are the files that the game uses (it might use the files inside the subfolders but I don't know how many, nor how the game determines which detail_grass file to use).

In the mesh/pitch folder you'll have two files 'grass_01' and 'touchline_01' though I think these are just for the outside pitch areas so might not be needed.

Any idea of to which field condition the files correspond? For example 'detail_grass_1' is perfect grass, and 'detail_grass_7' is frozen, etc

9 minutes ago, dimartino said:

Any idea of to which field condition the files correspond? For example 'detail_grass_1' is perfect grass, and 'detail_grass_7' is frozen, etc

detail_grass_1.dds

detail_grass_2.dds

detail_grass_3.dds

detail_grass_4.dds

detail_grass_5.dds

detail_grass_6.dds

detail_grass_7.dds

The default for the textures folder.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Looks like it's working now. Thank you so much for your help :)

En 27/12/2017 a las 20:57, wkdsoul dijo:

I don't understand very well cause my english sucks but i have to put this files in every folder (clay, damp, frozen)? Or number 1 is for clay number 2 for damp etc

I only have "grass_1" in the folders.

I dont understand myself altair sorry lads but i dont have a clue what i need to do with this. Its probably is just me being rather stupid here but can anyone put a simple read me file or something like that up it would be really helpful to the likes of myself :) . Never had any trouble with adding files/graphics before on fm thanks Davie  

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Those are the default files that dimartino asked for,  they  wont change anything.

The pitches files from a FM17 pack need to go into footballmanager18/textures folder (create it if you dont have it)

Ok wkdsoul i got fez pack i have put in docs football manager2018 made folder called textures cleared cach and reloaded skin m8 but nothing has changed

3 minutes ago, Altair said:

Thankyou. I tried already this too but not working for me. Apart of that the files inside the folders are grass_1 not detail_grass_1.

I'm going nuts with this. I guess i will need a guide step by step for Rtards like me.

Hi Altair inside my folder it says grass 1 aswell what i did was i used the patterns from dimartino you can see it way more

Hi lads can someone clear this up why are some ppl saying rename files ? Something is working because the ball has changed for me but i dont see a big difference in the pitches not like the last few years in my pitches everyone says grass_01.dds  

25 minutes ago, DieSpaghettis said:

Lawn changed here Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvf5rf6yfjwss88/textures.rar

Folder Just Copy It to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /
Empty cache, reload skin.

Hi. 11 detail_grass files? The original FM fmf file only had 7 files, right? The game uses this extra 4?

54 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Sod it, decided to just make me own. anyone any tips for fast checking edits have taken effect? or just a case of save/load view... over and over..

Easiest way to work out what each one affects is to give each of the files an obvious colour (make one red, another blue etc so you can see straight away which one is being used when), also if you have saved some pkm's you should be able to load them from the main menu instead of having to load up the full save game each time.

20 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Easiest way to work out what each one affects is to give each of the files an obvious colour (make one red, another blue etc so you can see straight away which one is being used when), also if you have saved some pkm's you should be able to load them from the main menu instead of having to load up the full save game each time.

Cheers mike, i've just made a note of which patterns appear in the game highlights so Man A = Checkered.  and started loading that way - messing about with with em for now

5a483aec0f590_MacclesfieldvManCity_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.8772fa3c1d70d7d652bacb0cab4f2147.png5a483b63a6e9a_WatfordvBrighton_MatchPitch.thumb.png.bca976669bcbbd31542ec23b3fa91001.png5a4840aca54ea_LeicestervWestHam_MatchPitch.thumb.png.9fff03def061616de017e6c2f4573abe.png5a484f61d0c0f_HuddersfieldvNewcastle_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.c903a0da320801bf130182f891fcd71f.png

5a490cd184377_RealSaltLakevLosAngelesKings_MatchPitch.thumb.png.cf34cb820c06b90cd4e2149b5c0a1e26.png

En 30/12/2017 a las 10:53, DieSpaghettis dijo:

Lawn changed here Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvf5rf6yfjwss88/textures.rar

Folder Just Copy It to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /
Empty cache, reload skin.

20171227123638_1.jpg.909b83a2aebe36a2cddb47cb06ff0247.jpg

20171227130617_1.jpg.dda24c9d83485e796a2da12b44b0470a.jpg

20171227132626_1.jpg.7098f54bb71239c0e0f8ed0a134a91ea.jpg

Hey do you know which is the file to go back with the default ball? I prefer the default one cause is more brighter and easiest to see.

I don't have any "ball" folder inside the mesh folder.

En 30/12/2017 a las 23:21, wkdsoul dijo:

Cheers mike, i've just made a note of which patterns appear in the game highlights so Man A = Checkered.  and started loading that way - messing about with with em for now

5a483aec0f590_MacclesfieldvManCity_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.8772fa3c1d70d7d652bacb0cab4f2147.png5a483b63a6e9a_WatfordvBrighton_MatchPitch.thumb.png.bca976669bcbbd31542ec23b3fa91001.png5a4840aca54ea_LeicestervWestHam_MatchPitch.thumb.png.9fff03def061616de017e6c2f4573abe.png5a484f61d0c0f_HuddersfieldvNewcastle_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.c903a0da320801bf130182f891fcd71f.png

5a490cd184377_RealSaltLakevLosAngelesKings_MatchPitch.thumb.png.cf34cb820c06b90cd4e2149b5c0a1e26.png

What skin is that mate?

Hi, I've followed the instructions but the only pitch that ever shows is this one in the screenshot.

I looked in the data files in the steam folder and the pitch folder is completely empty could this be the problem?

I verified the integrity files and deleted the cache but that folder remains empty still.

Anyone able to help me please?

pitch.PNG

56 minutes ago, cruyff14 said:

Hi, I've followed the instructions but the only pitch that ever shows is this one in the screenshot.

I looked in the data files in the steam folder and the pitch folder is completely empty could this be the problem?

I verified the integrity files and deleted the cache but that folder remains empty still.

Anyone able to help me please?

pitch.PNG

Emm  it dont go in any steam folder  it goes Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /

2 minutes ago, scooter28 said:

Emm  it dont go in any steam folder  it goes Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 /

Ive put the folder in it's correct destination. But I had look in the steam folder and found the ptch folder empty and wonder if this is a problem.

1 minute ago, cruyff14 said:

Ive put the folder in it's correct destination. But I had look in the steam folder and found the ptch folder empty and wonder if this is a problem.

mm i dont have a pitch folder in steam :?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, zele said:

This work great, but is there anything for to help us with the nets?

https://www.fmscout.com/a-new-goal-nets-fm17.html

Can this file work? Where to paste it?

hey have moved the files to textures\particles for  the net shader, and new images etc, not sure those will work.

the originals are in simatchviewer-pc\textures\particles

Archived