Libero in FM18

8 hours ago, Cleon said:

It works the exact same way it has done for the past 5 year. No changes have been made.

However we now have the brings ball out of defence PPM which kind of makes the libero awesome..........

Was hoping you have had time to give it a go.

HMm, can seem to find this kind of PPM. Is it trainable or only for some players?

19 hours ago, Cleon said:

It works the exact same way it has done for the past 5 year. No changes have been made.

However we now have the brings ball out of defence PPM which kind of makes the libero awesome..........

Any plans to write on the role and possible set ups this year?

20 hours ago, Cleon said:

I like the sound of that.

Can I just check I've got the basic idea? Ideal players for role are likely to be playmaker types that can be retrained to sweeper position. Works best if there are no playmaker roles below the AM strata so that libero will advance up the pitch.

On 13/11/2017 at 21:21, Cleon said:

I like the sound of that ppm 😁

Have been playing a libero formation with ac milan. Playing with no WB/FB, so needed a drop deep instruction, and play wide. i.e. just a libero +2CD at the back.

In this formation adding a Half-Back to the mix, creates a potent passing system at the back , as well as offers width in the transition phase.Basically offers four at the back in transition.

CD HB LIB CD

So far results have been encouraging, except for a set of matches where many first team players returned from injury at the same time causing the team not the gel.

What exactly does the "Brings ball out of defense" PPM do? Does the player seek to dribble and bring the ball out at his feet, or move forward to help the ball be worked upfield via short passing?

My guess is the former, but I definitely want to be careful because while I love a CB dribbling forward to take available space, I don't want him taking anyone on!

Hopefully this PPM can rectify past troubles I've had getting CBs to carry the ball past the halfway line when there is nobody around. For example, I'm picturing that it would be great for the wide CB's in Conte's Chelsea to help them come forward and support the attack when not pressured as they do so well. 

26 minutes ago, acmilano112000 said:

What exactly does the "Brings ball out of defense" PPM do? Does the player seek to dribble and bring the ball out at his feet, or move forward to help the ball be worked upfield via short passing?

My guess is the former, but I definitely want to be careful because while I love a CB dribbling forward to take available space, I don't want him taking anyone on!

Hopefully this PPM can rectify past troubles I've had getting CBs to carry the ball past the halfway line when there is nobody around. For example, I'm picturing that it would be great for the wide CB's in Conte's Chelsea to help them come forward and support the attack when not pressured as they do so well. 

It seems to work in the former sense, although my experience may be skewed by Laporte having the "Runs With Ball Through Center" and "Tries to Play Way Out of Trouble" PPMs as well. 3 dribbles made and 10 mistakes in 7 games in all competitions thus far but he's been really useful at breaking up potential counter attacks by being so far forward.

GK
                           Kepa Arrizabalaga
                                       Libero/A
                                Aymeric Laporte
            CD/C                                    CD/C
        Mikel San Jose             Xabi Etxeita/Yeray
  WB/S                             DM/D                             IWB/S
Mikel Balenziaga   Ander Iturraspe              Inigo Lekue
                                        B2B/S
                           Ander Herrera/Benat
  IF/S                                                                             W/S
Iker Muniain/Sabin Merino         Markel Susaeta/Inaki Williams
                                         CF/S
                             Artur Aduriz/Raul Garcia

11 hours ago, acmilano112000 said:

Sorry to ask, but where can u see this PPM? cant find it under training and google also is not helping.

• 2 months later...

I really want to try a Libero tactic, alongside my main carrer with my local side. I’m gonna try with Man City and I’m trying to create my own take on fluid positional play. Here’s the original idea:

GK-D: Ederson

LIB-S: Laporte

BPD-D: Stones

BPD-D: Ottamendi (sorry I butchered that name)

RPM-S: Fred

RPM-S: Fernandiniho

IW-A: Bernardo Silva

BBM-S: I dunno my short term memory is crap

IW-A: Sané

ENG-A: De Bruyne

CF-A: Jesus 

Mentality: Control

Shape: Very Fluid

TI’s: Higher Tempo, Play Wide, Slightly Higher Defensive Line, Slightly More Closing Down, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Play out of Defence, Pass into Space, Mixed Passing, Be More Expressive, Work Ball into Box, Roam from Positions

any tips. One friendly so far, a 0-0 against Hannover where we struggled to get into the game, by that I mean control it and create any good chances.

Archived