FM Genie Scout 2009?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasnt said directly but given that there is a patch due on release date, he will probably weant to get that as well as the full game before releasing the program-obviously all the web work has been done and all that is needed now is to check the database. my guess woild be late next week.

FranzT, do you have a direct line of communication to Genie, If so could you get a rough idea of how long till its out because its a totally essential tool as far as im concerned, Maybe you could put yourself forward as Genies PR advisor since he dosen't seem to be very good at it.

In truth I have been his messenger in this forum for a couple of years but he tells me little more than he does to you. Clearly he has done a lot of work with the program interface, prior to the game release but it will require some more work once the game and patch is relased. I would guess around the end of this week for the release

In truth I have been his messenger in this forum for a couple of years but he tells me little more than he does to you. Clearly he has done a lot of work with the program interface, prior to the game release but it will require some more work once the game and patch is relased. I would guess around the end of this week for the release

You mean this sunday or next week ?

Seriously man, the games only been out for a few days and the demo has only been around for a few weeks, it'll get released you just need to learn some patients.

If you believe that it is so easy to make a program like Genie Scout, then do it yourself, eh? I'm sure he COULD release something right now, but then he'd have to just listen to everybody complaining that it's buggy was released too quickly.

That, and I'm pretty sure it was released last year...I used it on many occasions, in fact.

You mean this sunday or next week ?

As I said it is only a guess but it ususlly takes about a week after the release of the game to finalise the program ,so the guess is the end of this week- but dont shout at me if it is wrong because I know no more than you guys.

If he doesn't complete the new version and make it available for download this evening, at the very latest, then I will be left with no choice to find out where he lives, track him down and knock on his front door with much controlled anger.

And when he opens the door, I will turn my hand into a fist and shake it vigorously in his direction as I turn red with rage, and then slowly turn around shaking my head in disgust.

Then I will find a corner, sit down and very slowly rock back and forth whilst foaming at the mouth, repeating the word 'Genie' over and over and over again.

If that doesn't get the message through to him then the man obviously has a heart of darkness.

If he doesn't complete the new version and make it available for download this evening, at the very latest, then I will be left with no choice to find out where he lives, track him down and knock on his front door with much controlled anger.

And when he opens the door, I will turn my hand into a fist and shake it vigorously in his direction as I turn red with rage, and then slowly turn around shaking my head in disgust.

Then I will find a corner, sit down and very slowly rock back and forth whilst foaming at the mouth, repeating the word 'Genie' over and over and over again.

If that doesn't get the message through to him then the man obviously has a heart of darkness.

Don't forget the part where you catch the bus to the airport and the plane to the Ukraine :D

Post of the day. Especially: "very slowly rock back and forth whilst foaming at the mouth, repeating the word 'Genie' over and over and over again."

LOL... nice. maybe we should do this in a group. that might get the message through.

Stop playing world of warcraft

http://www.genie.fm/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=5.130

today post from genie... "life is very unpredictable" one day you are ok, next day someone knock your front door and...

Genie has advised of the languages that will be available on the first relase of Scout 09. They are:

• Chinese Simple
  • English
  • French
  • Italian
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Ukrainian

The following languages will be available in later additions of the program:

• Czech
  • Chinese Traditional
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • German
  • Hebrew
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Lithuanian
  • Norwegian
  • Polish
  • Turkish

No indication of release date but at least there is communication- be patient.

There's been an update on Genie's site over night. If anyone here can help then please do so, lets get this up and running

Localization of the FM Genie Scout 2009

Written by Eugene Tarabanovsky

Thursday, 20 November 2008

Good evening!

I'm glad to inform you, that there is a great progress in FM Genie Scout 2009 development made. But still I have a lot of work to do in order that first version came out fully functional. While I'm preparing the first release, I want suggest you to take part in translation of the scout into your native language.

In previous version of the scout there were next languages: Chinese Simple, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian. These languages must be updated by their authors to ver. 2.0. Phrases that were changed or must be added you can find there. The current version of language files with new phrases you can download from here.

Still absent such languages as Czech, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Turkish... So if you feeling strength to make translation, all information how to do it you can find in the 1-st post of this topic.

Thank you for support and patience!

Archived