Tips on finding players outside of 'player search'

So I play without attribute masking (I know this is unrealistic etc.) and I wondered if anyone has advice on finding players outside of the 'all known players' list.

For example, if you are a second tier team you might work your way through the first tier reserve squads for a youngster on loan or a transfer listed veteran.

These methods tend to be labour intensive but I'd like more ideas on good places to look.

There are many ways to find players and I certainly don't know them all. But some help:

-You can check the player stats in different 2nd tier leagues
-You can create a view that includes "Minimum Fee Release Clauses", "Transfer Status", "Loan Status" and other transfer or contract related columns and you can apply that to every team you are viewing. That way it's somewhat easier to "grab" players.
-You can check the "Morale". Players with "Abysmal" tend to be transfer listed and easier to unsettle.

That was quick but that's on the top of my head right now.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess what I'm getting at is the 'known players' list is restricted to how good my 'knowledge' is.

Yet because I play without attribute masking, as a lower league English team with limited 'knowledge' I could click on the South Korean league (for example) and manually trawl through players.

The known player list is limited by the knowledge at your club, if you want to find the unknown stars then squad trawling is your only option.

8 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Hire scouts to improve world knowledge

thats what i do, even if they have garbage stats, knowledge of places say like Cambodia would boost my African knowledge. I would then scout those players by a better scout.

1 hour ago, craigd84 said:

thats what i do, even if they have garbage stats, knowledge of places say like Cambodia would boost my African knowledge. I would then scout those players by a better scout.

Except the Cambodian scout would be unlikely to expand your African knowledge as he is from Asia :brock: nevertheless hiring foreign scouts help knowledge a lot. Don't forget your coaches do help with the overall knowledge a bit as well.

Another way to look for good prospects is to go to the league pages and find players with goals/assists/average rating etc. Those players might not fit your tactics but I find avg rating a good way to identify consistent players esp. defensive side.

Scout, scout, and scout some more. This is by far the best way to find players if you do not want to trawl through squads (and want to keep some realism to boot). It gives you a list at a glance of players who should be good enough to play for you, this is how I find 90% of the players I will buy. Normally I will check the scout reports and summarily ignore the star rating (to some degree anyway). Check out their stats, see how they fit within my squad as there are some things I will always look for in players I sign. 

Another way to save trawling is to go look at which players are doing well statistically within a league. Look at the highest average rating, the goal scoring records, or whatever stat you like the most. It can also be worthwhile checking out teams that are overperforming to see if there are a couple of unknown players who are key to that success.

- The world/transfers screen has useful, worldwide lists like "Released Players" and "Youth Intake"

- You can speed the player analysis up by creating a special screen showing "all attributes", showing all the attributes you care about, so you can quickly skim for players with high values (and other relevant criteria)

A few things I do... 

1- look at the transfer rumours page and see who my competitors are being linked with as sometimes you can find gems you've never heard of. 

2- look through the squads of some slightly lower level national teams. If I'm a lower level prem team for instance I'll have a nose through the Scandinavian teams, some eastern European teams etc. 

Archived