40 Percent Profit

8 hours ago, charlesington said:

I have always done this when selling players

I'm talking about when buying players. Every club on every player is now asking for an unmoveable 40 percent clause which can only be negotiated down to 30 percent. This is with every player I try to sign

Since new patch I too have noticed the non negotiable 40% of profit from next sale becoming a common part of negotiation. I walk away from deal then start again with new offer to try and avoid it. Never came across it before latest patch.

7 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Since new patch I too have noticed the non negotiable 40% of profit from next sale becoming a common part of negotiation. I walk away from deal then start again with new offer to try and avoid it. Never came across it before latest patch.

I've tried that by cancelling my offer, but as soon as I bid again a day or so later it still appears

7 hours ago, charlesington said:

what i mean is that surely its good business sense when selling a player to put in this clause, its common place in real life. Im not convinced its a bug, i think it is realistic.

it's not realistic though because every club on every player asks for 40 percent instantly which can only be reduced to 30.

Firstly not all clubs would ask for this, and secondly if they did it should be removable / able to negotiate lower than 30

Just now, oulzac said:

It isn't always 40%, and its been there long before the patch. Its been a constant thing since the game was released.

Since the new patch its 40% for myself, every player every club

Before the patch it was rare this would be included, and if it was it would be a much lower percentage that could be removed/negotiated

Maybe its how we make offers? I always low ball first. And the response is always 20-40%, then I remove it. Then they add it back. Then I remove it. Then they add it back with a yellow lock at 25-40. I usually end up having every transaction, sell or buy at 20%-25% in the final negotiation.

When I make an offer I have started to always add the sell on-clause and then selecting "remove and exclude" before submitting the first bid. That way I don't have to deal with it. The clubs don't ask for much more.

16 hours ago, eple said:

When I make an offer I have started to always add the sell on-clause and then selecting "remove and exclude" before submitting the first bid. That way I don't have to deal with it. The clubs don't ask for much more.

excellent work around for the time being. I'd just accepted it and now have about 5 new signings all with that clause :( 

3 hours ago, xtradj said:

Any news on a fix?

Reading Ben's comments based on the examples provided it doesn't look like there's much to fix, the AI is now being more protective of its young prospects & if they do sell are looking to retain some level of futuire income, all sensible additions & in keeping with real life behaviour.

The other thing to remember is the option to buy out the clause before it's activated which can often be beneficial. A notable real-life case here is Gareth Bale - there was initially a clause in his transfer from Southampton to Tottenham where they'd get 25% of any future fee, which would turn out to be worth £21.5M. However, when they hit financial issues, Spurs were able to buy the clause out for £2m plus Tommy Forecast. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Archived