FM 17 - Valencia CF

cms186

With two games to go in the third season, having qualified for Champions League, the wage budget has just been set at 1.8M per week and transfer budget at 26.9M euros. Net transfer spend in season 3 was about 30M, so this is the first season where we bought more than we sold. According to my manager's history, I've now sold 47M euros more than I bought. Will give a full season update when this season is finished.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Haiku said:

I was asking for your projected balance over the next three years, net debt and transfer debt values.

Here are screenshots of the current situation. They might change when the season is over, I don't know how correct these projections are. You can spot a difference in transfer budgets already. Hopefully moving to the new stadium will increase the turnover from season 4 onwards. As you can also see, main expenditure is wages, which are up quite a bit from last season. That's something I need to take a look at.

Debt

20170124072836_1.jpg

Projections

20170124072838_1.jpg

Finances

20170124072845_1.jpg

Expenditures

20170124073206_1.jpg

We just finished the third season. First, for transfers we were able to sell some deadwood and kept looking around for good players which didn't break the bank. We had a great player coming in on a Bosman: Oliver from Atletico. For the left back position I wanted someone better than Lato, so a transfer listed Kurzawa came in from PSG. As an extra attacker my scouts proposed Everton from Gremio.

Another favourite player of mine, Ander Herrera was transfer listed, but we didn't have the money needed. So when Spurs came in with a 20M bid for Berahino at deadline day, we accepted, using the funds to get Ander in! Very happy about that.

We did quite alright in the first half of the season, but needed another goal scorer. Luckily, Vietto was listed so he came in in the winter. In this window Garay and Svensson had become unhappy, so we sold them. And in came our biggest signing of the season: Kurt Zouma, a very quick and strong defender. For the future we also signed some young players which were highly rated by my scouts and were cheap.

20170125102548_1.jpg

In the league it all came down to the wire: Atletico, Barcelona and us were separated by a maximum of 3-4 points for most of the second half of the season. Last day of the season Atletico was 1 point in front of us and 2 in front of Barcelona which they had to play. They went 2-0 up but Barca managed to produce a 3-2 win. Coupled with a 4-2 win for us at Villarreal we became La Liga champions! With a points total of 80 however, this championship is probably more down to bad performances from the big two, so I'm not really optimistic about next season.

20170125102611_1.jpg

In the Copa del Rey we needed penalties to defeat Malaga in the finals, so this season brought us a double!

20170125102640_1.jpg

As for finances, sponsorship is increasing... 

20170124203752_1.jpg

So season 1 ended up with us finishing 4th and miraculously passing FFP (no idea how).

But in other news, Gaya had his head turned so I shifted him off to PSG. Any good recommendations of attacking left backs?

Hey Guys,

Started a save as Valencia, just finishing up pre season, results have been good, trying to build a formation, playing 4-3-3 atm. 

Wanted to ask about Perez, Nani and the finances. Have you guys sold both of those players at the start of the season or have you waited until the end of the first season? I'm keen to move them on to lower the wage bill, generate revenue and get expenditure down.

@someoneelse

Just started a new game too.  Now into the first season proper.  Nani cannot be sold as he just joined the club. Perez is a good ball winning midfielder.  Unless you can get big bucks for him and get someone of an equivalent standard,  I suggest keeping him for a season? 

I have several questions for the more experienced players out there:

- What level of football experience do you set your manager profile as? 

- Did you change the captain from Perez to Alves? 

Thanks! 

On 04/02/2017 at 03:46, someoneelse said:

Hey Guys,

Started a save as Valencia, just finishing up pre season, results have been good, trying to build a formation, playing 4-3-3 atm. 

Wanted to ask about Perez, Nani and the finances. Have you guys sold both of those players at the start of the season or have you waited until the end of the first season? I'm keen to move them on to lower the wage bill, generate revenue and get expenditure down.

I kept them both during the first season. If someone comes in for them, sell them of you can to get the wages of the bill. But if you try to move them without any interest from other clubs, you'll probably not get much money for them. If you take Perez for example, who's on 100k/wk, you'll save 5M euros in wages in your first season. If you get another 2 million for him from selling him, there's 7M to acquire a new player, and pay his wages. That's not taking other fees into account. So you'll need a very cheap replacement for him.

In short: sell players for which bids are made, especially if one of the bigger teams come in (I was able to sell Fede Cartabia for a  decent amount) and use that money to strengthen your team in a balanced way. 

Just started a Valencia save to play alongside my Parma one. (Fancied restoring a few fallen giants to their rightful place) . 

Opting to go with the trusty 4-2-3-1 (Alves, Cancelo, Mangala Garay, Gaya, Perez Parejo Villalba, Nani Munir Bakkali). Already stuck abdennour on the transfer list. Attempting to retrain Leto to right back, and promoted Soler to the senior team. Looking at bringing in potentially Fornels and/or Fernandes (Fernandes being the cheaper option). Had a cheeky bid for Kuki accepted too. Only problem with fernandes is he takes up one of the non eu slots :/

@inthisspace

Yeah, I had trouble selling both of of them so took them off the transfer list. Perez is good, and will most likely play, but Nani i have no use for as I want to play with Inside Forwards.

About to finish Pre Season, playing 4-3-3, pretty good results, playing nice football but all that changes when the real season starts. Anyone got any advice on specific instructions for the team to play? Haven't really looked at any apart from play out from the back. Any other hints or tips people have picked up that will be of use, think the only way you can get Valencia back to the top is by getting as much help as you can!

@blue heron

I wish I'd heeded your advice regarding selling players who you receive bids for but I just couldn't bring myself to sell Cancelo (PSG offered 24mil pounds) and ended up rejecting it and promising him he could leave if we didn't qualify for the UCL.

Hi guys!

It is really good to see a Valencia thread like this. I have been a lurker for some time. I decided it was finally time to sort my account out lol. I visited the Mestalla in the summer and fell in love with the club, the ground and the city. I have family that live 40 miles away from Valencia so I feel I have some attachment to the club. I have watched them for the last two seasons whenever I can and it is really disappointing to see such a big team crumbling as they are!

As for FM terms I have attempted about 4 saves with Valencia and I always do pretty poor (sitting around mid-table after 4-5 months) and I either get sacked, or quit the save before I am sacked. I have had relative success on this FM (I got Peterborough promoted, Rayo Vallecano promoted, two solid seasons with Las Palmas taking them to Europa League) but I always struggle with the bigger clubs (most recent save being Norwich, sitting top after 15 games then losing 8 out of 9!?). I'm not sure if it's the expectation I can't handle, when there is a slight dip in form everything just falls apart.

I am going to start another Valencia save later on this afternoon and I have a rough idea on how I want them to play. Are there any major tips for me? I am aware of the money issues etc but I don't feel that will be a problem as I won't last long enough in the job lol. What do you do when results start to become bad in order to keep morale high? I tried team meetings, play interactions on my Norwich save and it didn't help at all. 

I'm only 3 La Liga matches into my Valencia career, so I'm still adjusting to the team myself lol. Although I must say the £700K I spent on Kuki was a worthwile investment , he's bagged 4 goals, 1 assist and 1motm in the 3 league games! Shame I'm struggling to get the wingers and striker to fire at all really. Not only that with Kuki he banged in a hat trick on his return to Malaga in a 6-3 win for me! Malaga are the bain of my life this year.

I don't know if its just me or me and my tactics but I find the centre halves (mainly Mangala and Abdennour) so error prone, along with Alves and Matty Ryan.

EDIT: Brilliant, I've been beyond fair to Cancelo and Montoya, both played 3 games out of the 6 in total we've played and they're both moaning about lack of football?!!! Wish I could fine the pair of them for being so petty ffs

EDIT: Oh good god Gaya's at it too, he's played 3 so has Ruiz. Never knew they were all such drama queens! Ruiz will play next match since he's been the only one not to moan

Would anyone mind sharing their tactics and formation? I've already started poorly in pre season. Starting to think I don't have a clue what I'm doing :onmehead:

EDIT: So I spent an hour sorting the coaching team out from U19's, B team and first team. I feel i have a good all round coaching, scouting and medical team now. I have set training to high to learn my tactic as quick as possible. Havent signed or sold any players yet.

I want to implement a fluid style of play. Dominating the possession (similar to Barcelona) whilst passing the ball around whilst waiting for an opening before attacking. I would like my wing backs to push forward and basically become an extra midfield player with the HB dropping back to play with an aggressive 3 man defence when in attack. With the wide men sitting more central to overload the midfield. I am not sure if I have my forwards roles wrong? I surely have enough playmakers in the middle to play an AF, and maybe change the right sided player to another IF?

20170207190501_1.thumb.jpg.f3087fa045c64247b807e1abf13993b9.jpg

20170207190503_1.thumb.jpg.dba04c5504498e9232d2f85f27391f3f.jpg

I'm not expecting instant results but as you can see via my match stats I have lost 4-0 despite dominating the ball, having more shots. Playing a fairly strong team which is always worrying lol. Are there anything in my tactic that look like they counter act each other? I know what I want from the team, its just getting them to perform in that way in which I struggle.

20170207190158_1.thumb.jpg.305886b4920c0c003032bc70fbfa43f3.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated! (if you want me to upload any other screenshots let me know!)

13 hours ago, ryan91 said:

Would anyone mind sharing their tactics and formation? I've already started poorly in pre season. Starting to think I don't have a clue what I'm doing :onmehead:

<snip>

Take a look at my earlier posts in this thread. I believe I've shared the tactic I've used in my first season. I'll try to give an update of my fourth season which I've just started with. 

Couple of things that I have learned so far having played about 1/3 a season...

The team needs a dedicated striker. Santi Mina, Rodrigo, Nani all cannot seem to play up front on their own.

The defence needs time to gel. Garay and Manlaga are new arrivals. So is Montoya.

The squad turns on you pretty quickly when things go bad. At least that happens for me. I chose only semi-professional footballer as my experience, so maybe that is why?

Diego Alves is injury prone. I may decide to cash in on him if I restart the game.

Fede Catabalia should be sold to raise cash at the start.

So, I finally found some time to write a smal update on season 4. After the third season I had a problem with Parejo: he didn't play good enough to warrant his wages and he was blocking the way for Villalba to grow into the team. So I tried to sell him but only found some smaller teams interested, who all wanted me to chip in on his wages. Finally Norwich was willing to pay a bit of money (7.5 M) to get his wages of my books.

Then another problem: I had too many non-EU players, since I had already bought a Columbian wonderkid (Parra) in the winter and had another Argentian (Ruiz) in sight. So I decided to try and sell Gaston Gil Romero. My squad didn't like it, and I couldn't get the money I wanted. Only 11.25M from Wolfsburg. Finally, Abdennour wanted to leave since he had achieved everything at Valencia. I couldn't convince him to stay and my squad was unhappy with my handling of the situation. Manchester City came in and offered me the measly amount of 2.9M euros. Nobody offered more and I didn't want my squad to get upset even more. So a bad sell from my perspective.

On the upside, I found Chris Smalling transfer listed, so a replacement was found easily. Marcos Llorente came in as replacement for Gil Romero, being much more able as a playmaker. The only other big buy was Jorge Ruiz Diaz, a strong centre forward who should give me another option to the small and quick Vietto.

Transfer dealings

20170210183452_1.thumb.jpg.50bf35a9197db17eb72c0fd6ed43f318.jpg

Fixtures so far

20170209062658_1.thumb.jpg.e77851dac7dd64c0c020d4b38636dd02.jpg

So far the results have been good. Undefeated as of yet, but playing in a very though UCL group. My 4-3-3 is working well, with Llorente playing as a DLP/D, allowing my backs to get forward more often. The outside forwards will play as AP's (especially Oliver is deadly) or Winger if they're far better as crosser of the ball.

I've just started as Valencia, and my god it seems like one hell of a task. I can't get my head around the finances and how they are so bad. Seeing Nani on £180,000 per week was soul destroying, regardless of how well he plays he needs to be gone asap. I've sold Rodrigo for 10m to Arsenal, and hope to flog Cartabia too to raise cash, from what I gather it's important to raise as much cash as possible with the impending FFP! Anyone know if I should reinvest the Rodrigo money or save it in hope it will help me with FFP?

30 minutes ago, Jackstevens911 said:

I've just started as Valencia, and my god it seems like one hell of a task. I can't get my head around the finances and how they are so bad. Seeing Nani on £180,000 per week was soul destroying, regardless of how well he plays he needs to be gone asap. I've sold Rodrigo for 10m to Arsenal, and hope to flog Cartabia too to raise cash, from what I gather it's important to raise as much cash as possible with the impending FFP! Anyone know if I should reinvest the Rodrigo money or save it in hope it will help me with FFP?

I was a bit daft in my first season (but it worked out) I signed Belotti for 15m (lots of installments) and sold Cartabia, then Gaya, Nani, Perez in January. The board injected 35m end of season and we then passed FFP.

After that the finances have been solid (still feel like we're a selling club). Despite signing Alcacer back for 26m (third season) plus another 20-30m on players, I still have 35m to spend with 70m in the bank. But I have bought a couple players Bellotti, Lucas Vazquez who I've sold for huge profit. 

7 hours ago, ryan91 said:

I was a bit daft in my first season (but it worked out) I signed Belotti for 15m (lots of installments) and sold Cartabia, then Gaya, Nani, Perez in January. The board injected 35m end of season and we then passed FFP.

After that the finances have been solid (still feel like we're a selling club). Despite signing Alcacer back for 26m (third season) plus another 20-30m on players, I still have 35m to spend with 70m in the bank. But I have bought a couple players Bellotti, Lucas Vazquez who I've sold for huge profit. 

Belotti is a very good buy. A very good player by himself and someone on who you'll make a very good profit!

So from what I gather the whole passing/not passing FFP first season is a bit of luck? Not sure if i fancy thinning my squad in vain! I was also taking a look at Nani, he's on such a huge wage I feel obliged to try to get the best out of him. I feel as though he is wasted as a winger, and not amazing as in inside forward, has anyone had luck with him playing him upfront? If I can get him to do that and he can score it boots his value and saves me re-investing the money from the player sales in a striker!

1 hour ago, jckstevens said:

So from what I gather the whole passing/not passing FFP first season is a bit of luck? Not sure if i fancy thinning my squad in vain! I was also taking a look at Nani, he's on such a huge wage I feel obliged to try to get the best out of him. I feel as though he is wasted as a winger, and not amazing as in inside forward, has anyone had luck with him playing him upfront? If I can get him to do that and he can score it boots his value and saves me re-investing the money from the player sales in a striker!

I believe there is a maximum amount of money the owner can inject into the club to pass the FFP; somewhere around 25M euros, but I might be wrong.

As for Nani, I've played him as false 9 in my first season in a strike partnership. Nothing spectacular, but better than nothing.

Ok so I'm midway pre-season now, and there has been nothing short on an exodus at the Mestalla. In fear of FFP problems,  I've tried to slash the wage bill as much as possible. Domenech left on loan to Lyon, he's only a backup there but there's little danger it will damage him as a player because he's 25 and still very good even at a young age, at worst he won't progress. I sold Alves for 7m to Marseille, 7m for. 31 year old 50k p/w GK isn't to be sniffed at, and I promoted Sivera who was too good for the Mestalla and will be better served as our backup goalie.

In defence I sold Abdennour for 7m to City, he was on 80k so it was a no brainer. Unfortunely PSG wanted Cancelo so I settled on a 23m deal, 13m over 24 months so should do our finances a world of good.

In midfield im debating selling Parejo who is on 80k aswell but I'm worried it might be too much to take for an already ridiculously thin squad.

Rodrigo left for 9.25m to Arsenal and Cartabia is days away from completing his move to Monaco for 3.5m. A small fee but with 1yr left on his contract there isn't much I could do, lucking I have a 35% sell on for both of them so they could bring some money in in the future. 

Now It's time to re-invest. Worryingly Lato is rejecting contract offers and my initial plan was to train him at RB to give him game time. I need another midfielder and a striker, hopefully chepandeals or loans, I've got the future of the club in mind. Also the transfer fees and wages should cover the 7m a month repayments from Oct-Dec, I'll be crushed if we don't pass FFP, although it might not be worth bothering about it given the lore strength of the squad at the moment!

Hello everyone!! First time poster, long time reader.  Just felt like today is the day I finally setup an account on here.  Hope to become an active member on here now!

Anyway I've started a Valencia save this morning.. Now into September and I have signed Franck Kessie and Andrea Belotti from the Serie A, along with Aritz Elustondo from Sociedad.  Obviously to fund these type of players we had to make a couple of sacrifices.  The first player to leave was Rodrigo,  Spurs came in for him with a bid of 10.75million which I somehow managed to negotiate up to 18.25million!! I was over the moon with that, so off he went to London!!  Abdennour was the other player who we let go, Liverpool this time coming in with a bid of 10.5million.  I didn't even try to negotiate this one as I was just happy to get his wages off the budget, plus 10mil was more than I was expecting anyway.

I guess that's enough rambling... here's my formation and lineup (hope the screenshot worked... that would be embarrassing)

r1iOG7v.png

Edit - Following on from earlier here's a screenshot of the Liga table and fixtures after 10 games

h8HjAio.png

Cj7uIJw.png

Quite inconsistent really.  I'm happy to be sitting 4th, but if we can tighten up at the back I feel as though we could do something special this season.  The tactic is playing some beautiful pass and move, possession football , with a hint of "outscore the opponent" type football (Take the Celta Vigo game for example! 6-5 haha!!)

I've already began planning for the January transfer window with Nani agreeing to join Monaco... I have to chip in 55k p/w of his wages but still, it's better than the 180k he was getting here!! Also Joao Cancelo is attracting a lot of interest so may cash in on him too, if the price is right.

Hello brez.  Thanks for the reply/advice mate, though at the moment I am reluctant to change anything tactically having just beaten Real Madrid 4-1!!!

I will definitely be experimenting with a second, more defensive tactic with your changes in mind though.  Thanks again :)

Hello, hows it going @blue heron ... Belotti has been terrific so far with an average rating of 7.33 along with 12 goals and 5 assists in 17 games!!

As for the raumdeuter.. Santi Mina started brilliantly, but his form dropped a little recently which has led to me using loanee Fabian Orellana in the role.  

I feel you though, real life is cruel sometimes... Which is why I decided to take two weeks off work!! haha

Oh hey @brez22 .. I actually recreated the tactic in slot 2 and included your changes. I've been playing like that for a few games now and it has definitely tightened us up down that right hand flank, as well as bringing out some really impressive performances from Franck Kessie! So thanks for that.

As for the Real Madrid game, impressive is a word you could use I guess haha.  My girlfriend told me to calm down!!  If only she understood -_-

dfanZ8x.png

4 hours ago, DannyFM87 said:

As for the Real Madrid game, impressive is a word you could use I guess haha.  My girlfriend told me to calm down!!  If only she understood -_-

Great result DannyFM87 Vs Madrid! Well played. 5 goals in 22 minutes - Wish i had a ticket.

2 hours ago, blue heron said:

I'm seeing Zaza and Orellana in your screenshot. Are you playing with a data update (and with which one if so)?

Yes I am @blue heron , I'm using the transfer update by Pr0... I hope it isn't against the rules or anything? 

@Saint_Lane I know right haha.  It was a quality game... for me!

Here's the Liga standings currently,

Wc3UUVq.png

Almost forgot to mention, we're on a great run of form at the moment.  I'm absolutely delighted (shocked) with our last 3 games,

1aANHqZ.png

Decided to bring Santi Mina back into the raumdeuter role for the Barca game, and what a decision it was!!  He pretty much ran the game from the first minute on, also grabbing himself 2 goals in the process.

I thought rather than double/triple posting I'll just edit my posts.  I hope nobody minds this.  Anyway, how are your Valencia save going @brez22 @Saint_Lane @blue heron ?

It's January deadline day in my save.  I had around 15million to spend after selling Bakkali, Nani, and Cancelo, but planned on making do with the squad I had for the rest of the season.  That was until (in typical FM style) both Ezequiel Garay and Santi Mina suffered huge injuries!

So that forced my hand really, I needed a centre back and a brand new raumdeuter for as cheap as I could possibly get.  So in came this pair,

aynjuje.png

He was transfer listed at BMG for 5million, we negotiated, and it ended up 2million upfront and 3million over 36 months.  Hopefully it works out for him, and us!

ZvZYnrz.png

I'm really excited about this signing!  A little more expensive at 6.5million from Corinthians, but he's a natural raumdeuter!  Good mental stats, stamina, decent finishing.  Though probably in need of a little rest, having played so many games for Corinthians already this season.  I'm eager to see how he develops with us.

@blue heron haha I am definitely finding that by posting here I'm enjoying the game a lot more, looking at stuff I wouldn't usually look at etc..  Still getting used to the forum and how everything works, but I'm enjoying it for sure.  

With two games to go in la Liga here's how the table looks currently,

La Liga Santander_ Overview Stages-2.png

And here's the most promising youngsters from our intake in March.  A 4 star potential striker, and 5 star Goalkeeper

Claudio Cifuentes_ Overview Attributes.png

Gabi Garrido_ Overview Attributes.png

Devastating!!  Just had this piece of news in,

Daniel Heathcote_  Inbox.png

Not really sure what to do now!!  Was probably a mistake bringing in Kessie and Belotti at the start, but I thought I evened it out with the sale of Cancelo, Nani, and Abdennour? Oh well, you live and you learn..

Just keep on going. Clear out more deadwood and high earners and start giving youth a change. I've been using Soler, Lato and Villalba a lot together with a regen from the academy. And if a top club comes in with a large bid for one of your players, just sell him - even if it's a key player. You'll need to money.

On a sidenote: are you placed in the EL after not making FFP or are you thrown out of all European competitions?

@blue heron We are thrown out of all European competitions :(

Decided to carry on with it, for now.  

Chelsea are coming in for Parejo, so it looks like he'll be leaving for around 30million.  But that doesn't get us back in the Champions League haha

Luckily we have a few decent players coming back from loan deals.. But nothing like the caliber of Fabian Orellana, Simone Zaza, Mario Suarez, Guilherme Siquera, and Eliaquim Mangala who go back to their parent clubs soon.  This will leave us very thin!

@brez22 Yeah I'm not trying to think about it too much.  As long as we keep performing on the pitch it'll hopefully sort itself out.

We controlled Real Madrid and Barcelona in most our games last season, beating Madrid 7-3 over two games in the Copa Del Rey, and 4-1 in La Liga.  Barcelona were trickier to break down, we got thumped at the Nou Camp, but managed a 3-2 victory at home.

If it wasn't for a loss to Atletico Madrid at the end of last season we would of finished 2nd in La Liga.

OKAY!!! So I decided to load a save I had a couple weeks prior to getting banned from Europe... I sold Parejo quickly to Chelsea for 30mil, and now we passed FFP and we're in the Champions League next season!!!  I feel a bit cheap, but I dont think I care haha!!

Anyway, I can't believe all I had to do to qualify for Europe was sell my set-piece king Dani Parejo!!  Here are screenshots of my Champions League group, finances, and transfers in/out ahead of season 2.

UEFA Champions League_ Overview Stages.png

Valencia Club de Futbol_ Finances Summary.png

Valencia Club de Futbol_  Transfer History.png

This weekend I finally had some time to play FM again. A quick update on my fourth season - the first one in Nuevo Mestalla. We're playing the same 4-3-3 tactic as the third season, but the roles of the front three are changed depending on who's playing there (and in relation to each other, e.g. if I don't play Vietto at FC, my AML becomes a IF instead of a AP so there's still enough penetration in the box).

So far the results are quite good. In La Liga, we're currently 7 points clear after 23 matches. But I still have to play Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico away. In the Copa del Rey, we lost against Tenerife in the last 16 (I believe). But I only play reserves here to try and keep them match fit. So I'm not too worried there. In the UCL we navigated a though group, finishing first (above Chelsea) setting up a last 16 tie with PSG. So, that's going to be a very hard battle. They have been stockpiling talent and have just bought Griezman in the winter for around 85M euros. They really are in a different league financially. 

As for transfers, I was hoping to build on youth as I described earlier. My wonderkid striker hasn't been as good as I'd hoped (7 goals in 12(20) matches) but he's just turned 20. A change in tactics, partnering him with another striker might bring out more, but I'm still only playing with this idea in my head. My midfield trio of Llorente, Ander and Klaassen has been very good so far. After injuries to Oliver and Vargas I did found myself to be a bit light on the wings (Santi isn't really doing anything for me) so I went looking around for another player in the winter window. Lucas Moura and Iheanacho were transfer listed, but would cost a lot (40M euros). Memphis Depay was also available, for under 10M euros. Not my most favourite player (a bit low on the mental attributes) but economically the best choice. So we got him in, taking the total of ex-Man Utd players in my squad to three. 

La Liga Table

20170227081548_1.thumb.jpg.e243e44888a5e16383b60fb1d334f0f8.jpg

Tactic (and preferred 11)

20170227081634_1.thumb.jpg.0bde51e3bdc958198f5b6db8f0600f31.jpg

@blue heron  Can't wait to move into the Nuevo Mestalla in my game!! Are you noticing an increase in revenue? How are your finances now in season 4?

@brez22 I'm still hopeful of a tycoon takeover in my save!!  Some good transfer business aswell mate, especially Januzaj!  How is Naby Keita doing for you?

Into February season 2 in my game.  Signed Pau Lopez and Federico Dimarco in January for some more depth in the GK and LB positions.

We finished third in our Champions League group (Arsenal, Celtic, AC Milan) so we are placed into the Europa League knockout round against Inter.

Real Madrid are flying this season and look unstoppable, twelve points ahead in the Liga!  But it's VERY tight between the rest of us fighting for the Champions League places.

La Liga Santander_ Overview Stages.png

Just started a save with Valencia with the winter update since last year i had some fun with them (winning all in 4/5 seasons, plus producing 1 world class playmaker from the academy), and because all of us know the deep financial problems that they're into.

First objetive, control the FFP requirements for the european competitions. 

Well, that being said, i started by looking at the salaries... and what the ****? Nani earning 900k a month?? Enzo and Abdennour on a 400k/month?? Financially traumatic this first looks... Let's get some of them off, and start scouting for some young prospects.

I'll be posting updates soon!

Started a save with Valencia a few days ago. Managed to pass FFP by selling Mina (Southampton 18m), Nani (Man. City 10m, yeah, maybe a small transfer fee but that was 210k per week of my wb), Negredo (Middlsbrough 6.5m), Bakkali (PSG 8m) and Diego Alves (Liverpool 27m). Was worried about that last one but Ryan rised to the occasion. Finished 4th in La Liga, got knocked out of Copa del Rey by Bilbao in quarter final. At the start of second season i was forced to sell Pareho to Monaco for 42m. But after all those sold players+TV money, got a decent transfer kitty to rebuild squad. In attack, we brought Muniain (Bosman), Ben Yedder (Sevilla, 1.2m, transfer listed) and Vincent Aboubakar (Porto, 6m, transfer listed). Midfield is now run by Witsel (Zenit, Bosman), Matic (Chelsea, 10m, transfer listed) and Asensio (Real Madrid, 30m, 10 up top, rest on 48 months). It was expensive transfer but well worth since he's tearing Primera apart. In defense, got Diego Llorente (Real, Bosman) and some swedish regen from Brondby. PSG activated Montoya's clause, didn't had much time to find good replacement so got Gelson Fernandes from Benfica on loan. Last transfer, sold Garay (was injured for 5 months, attributes drastically went down) to Sporting for 5m and got Jones of ManU for 4.5 (transfer listed). If i managed to keep him healty, he'll be great addition.

We didn't got into CL, had to play Inter Milano in play off and lost in extra times after stupid mistake by Garay. One of the reasons why i sold him. Was so pissed at him. But now going nicely in EL, first in group. #1 in Primera too, 2 points off Barca and Real. Finances great right now, 100m in green but they're for sure going down quickly. Still so much debt to repay.

On 05/03/2017 at 19:58, brez22 said:

I've managed top 4 in my first full season with Valencia. Timo Werner the hero scoring 34 goals in 35 games. A number of hat tricks. Just unbelievable. Hoping for a good budget for our first season back in the CL and the new stadium to make a real title challenge.

Everyone else sells him but Aymen Abdennour has averaged 7.44 for me, been excellent.

I wanted to keep him too since he was the bedrock of my defense. But after Man City came in for him at the end of season 2, he threw a fit and spread a lot of unhappiness in my team. So I had to make a painful decision. Didn't get much money for him either (3M euros).

Archived