Strange Brew FM17

Played a bit of the 442 and it's not really well suited for lower leagues. Def line is too high and it's too easy to get a ball past defenders. Also, hard tacking produces way too many cards. Otherwise, it's pretty solid base for building something.

The 4231 BWM BBM is going very well for my Villa side away from home (first season). 4-0 win at Norwich, followed by a 3-0 win at Leeds the highlights. Using it at home too but in the last five games I've won 1-0 twice & drawn the other three 0-0. Rock Solid, but very few chances.

The 4-4-2 is the most solid tactic I have used in FM17 so far, and I have been through a few!

I hate wide midfielders though, it's so hard to find players for the position. I am quite anal and want them to have at least 6/10 bars on the positional rating on the tactics screen!

Will post some screens later. 

It's not easy but try to ignore the positional rating bars as most of the time they don't make a whole lot of sense. I think this is especially the case with strikers. You can have one with 9 or 10/10 as an AF but then just 1 or 2/10 as a CF? Really? It's nonsense. Check a player's attributes to see if he can do the job and almost always they are far more suitable than what those bars suggest.

If the same ME then why are there different tactic files. Can you not just import and change file extension?

Soviet

If interested just trying a tactic with Normal D/line and without hard tackling.

I did some testing a few FMs ago and hard tacking was not a great influence on yellow red cards , so would be interested in your findings if you test tactic. 

wREZOIR.png

Is is quite high to be honest. I suspect it goes down with the skill of players because they become more disciplined, with better positioning etc. But at the same time, setting the tackling to hard seems to be the only way to actually make your players try and get the ball and not just slide next to the opponent, which is the problem of every FM for years now.

I currently play with normal or slightly higher d-line and the tactic works very well in defence. Still struggling A LOT in away games - it's very hard going if I don't use the 4141 Time Wasting (yes, for the whole game), but then I have problems with scoring. All told, I play as Bromley with squad for mid-table but I'm currently safe at the top, so I'm certainly very happy with the tactic.

Very strange thing happened: I got promoted to League 2, become professional and haven't really strengthen my team, but I'm suddenly destroying everyone with 442 BWM BBM. The yellow cards are no longer a problem and I even beat Premier League's Hull and Middlesbrough in league cup. I have no idea what changed lol.

On 14/11/2016 at 12:56, knap said:

If the same ME then why are there different tactic files. Can you not just import and change file extension

Tried changing the file extension but it doesn't work for the iPad. It's a persistent problem that they have never addressed.

could you upload a photo of the team screen so I can recreate the positions and the team instructions screen so I can recreate them please - for the 442 please. 

1 hour ago, knap said:

The tactics are almost the same as last year, so the team screen is in last years thread. Changes BMW to D and a BBM. However, i use  many TIs anf PIs + corner set ups.

Ok thanks. The only thing that is missing is the TI screen.

20 minutes ago, knap said:

Is this the problem with regard to importing tactics?

No. mine is on the iPad version of FMT. Even when I copy the folder into iTunes (as per last versions) it doesn't work. Comes up with an error saying cannot import file. The FMF files don't even show up.

Waiting on a response from bugs forum but last year did it as well and it wasn't sorted out. I imagine it's quite a niche problem with just the iPad users and those who like downloading tactics.

For most like me, it's just easier to recreate them with the right information. Albeit a pain in the bottom. 

On 11/14/2016 at 13:22, Ross Ingersoll said:

all you have to do is right click the file, change name and put tac where fmf is, takes about 10 seconds. ive did it a number of times.just to show you i just did it with the 442

442 Tac File

Working an absolute treat where nothing else worked, I really strugled with lowly Hull until this.

2nd in the league - P17 W9 D7 L1

Archived