[FM17][SKIN] Football Manager 2017 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

This may be an easy one for a lot of skinners, but how do I change the colour of the save game graphic? I have included a pic below, but I am wanting to change the colour of the progress bar and also the paper.png that is above and below the progress bar.

589b523fecb71_ScreenShot2017-02-08at17_12_22.thumb.png.103c57da01a1c7d0517cb68b6f6338a5.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

This may be an easy one for a lot of skinners, but how do I change the colour of the save game graphic? I have included a pic below, but I am wanting to change the colour of the progress bar and also the paper.png that is above and below the progress bar.

589b523fecb71_ScreenShot2017-02-08at17_12_22.thumb.png.103c57da01a1c7d0517cb68b6f6338a5.png

They are controlled by these values declared in the settings file:

<colour name="progress_empty" red="20" green="20" blue="20"/>
<colour name="progress_full" red="53" green="178" blue="196"/>
<colour name="processing_box_background" value="teal 900"/>

57 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

They are controlled by these values declared in the settings file:

<colour name="progress_empty" red="20" green="20" blue="20"/>
<colour name="progress_full" red="53" green="178" blue="196"/>
<colour name="processing_box_background" value="teal 900"/>

Thanks Michael, I'll have a play around with those and see what I can change them to

I was wondering if (see picture below) the text marked red can also be removed so one only sees the buttons on the far left of the screen. I've seen some screenshots of people not having the descriptions next to the buttons, but within my game currently they only remove when I make the screen smaller (which of course I do not want). Thanks for your input!

Naamloos.png

36 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

There is an icon only sidebar setting in the preferences, in-game. 

Well, then mine was a stupid question! :idiot:

Another question then, just for the sake of it... I currently have the size of text and images at 85%. Could this be adjusted to even less?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 12:52, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can also just take the 'manager profile panel preferences' xml from the panels folder of FM16 and place it in the panels/human folder for your FM17 skin and it will re-add that box to the preferences screen.

As its a quick change here is the file; fm17managerpic.zip

Just unzip that and place the human folder in the panels folder for the base skin you are using, then reload the skin and go to the Preferences -> Interface Screen and the option to assign a manager picture should be back.

That should work for both full mode and touch skins, though I've only checked that it puts an image on the manager profile screen, I haven't tested it to see if it replaces the manager image elsewhere or if it causes any issues in other places.

I used this and it worked fine on the 17.2 version but doesn't work with 17.3 winter update. Any reason for this

1 hour ago, ryan045 said:

I used this and it worked fine on the 17.2 version but doesn't work with 17.3 winter update. Any reason for this

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

Yes please I got the same problem.

ts been patched out, you'll have to wait for the skin makers to see IF a workaround can be found again... 

• 2 weeks later...

How can i edit the opacity of the floating match panels (widgets)?

I tried my luck in photoshop with pretty much all black png files but it didn't change the above. Do i have to edit an xml?

I've had a search around the forum and can't find an answer for this so not sure if anyone can assist however, does anyone know if it's possible to edit the size of the facepack image on the 'news' screen? I'm using the dark base skin, realise I may have to create a new panel and fiddle around with the values a little bit. 

LZzwR8H.png

The image on that panel is generated dynamically by the game depending on what item is shown, it should be possible to resize it but you would need to edit the xml files found in the panels/dynamic_images folder, there is a different file for each combination that can be displayed.

Then in each of those xml files that calls a player face locate the line that looks like this:

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="log1" image_alignment="bottom" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" wants_mouse_events="false"/>

And adding a height="X" and width="X" (might only need one as the as the other commands will tell it to keep its shape) bit to it should work, replacing the X with the values you want so it should look something like this:

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="log1" image_alignment="bottom" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" width="X" height="X" wants_mouse_events="false"/>

Many thanks Michael, really appreciate the help :thup:

Another quick Q. In previous versions a custom skin would show the stadiums of the team in question (Everton in the above example), would this be possible in this years version? I've tried copying a few panels across from FM16 with no luck. 

(The stadiums are downloaded from the FMC mini stadium superpack).

Cheers Michael, massive help as always. I've found the Vitrex skin which has these panels in allowing the stadiums to show. 

The two panels that help with the showing of the stadium are 'competition news image panel' and 'competition news panel'. The first screenshot below is with the 'competition news image panel' only but doesn't seem to show the stadiums on some of the news items (e.g. the main ones on the screen). When I put the 'competition news panel' in the panels folder and reload the skin, it does show the stadium on all the news items but messes around with the layout of the screen. I guess there'll be a certain part of that .xml which controls the stadiums shown behind the main news stories allowing me to delete the rest out so that the news screen configures correctly. Do you know which parts I would need to delete out/save? If not, no problems. 

Screen 1 with just 'competition news image panel' included in the skin

GA9yW7w.png

Screen 2 with both panels included in the skin

Fz1lSo8.png

Competition news panel

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/news/paper"/>

<boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />

<!-- IMPORTANT Need to keep this synced up with number of panels or we won't fill them all, we use this to minimise the amount of data the panel needs to request -->
  <integer id="number_of_stories_to_request" value="75" />
  <boolean id="show_daily_news_request" value="true"/>
  <boolean id="show_related_news" value="true" />

<!-- Note that the id is important so that the league selector panels have their popups display correctly -->
  <container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" id="Pnlf" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0">

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="600" priority="1">
      <widget class="formatted_label" id="none" multiline="true" alignment="centre_x, top" font="fonts/letterpressed" size="xxlarge" hidden="true">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="10" />

<!-- Choose string based on object type -->
        <list id="format">
          <record value="3">
            <translation id="format" translation_id="395482" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this club.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />
          </record>
          <record value="5">
            <translation id="format" translation_id="395484" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this continent.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />
          </record>
          <record value="9">
            <translation id="format" translation_id="395485" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this nation.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />
          </record>
          <record value="25">
            <translation id="format" translation_id="395483" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this competition.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />
          </record>
          <record default_value="true">
            <translation id="format" translation_id="388376" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display.[COMMENT:FMC competition news; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user in the currently selected category]" />
          </record>
        </list>
      </widget>

<container class="scrolling_box">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="40" />

<container class="bordered_box" index="0" file="none" appearance="boxes/newspaper/paper">
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Top story panel + related items -->
          <container class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none">
            <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="18" gap="0" />
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="18" gap="0" />
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="18" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Top story panel -->
            <container height="300" class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none">
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 500" offset="0" gap="10" />
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Content -->
              <container>
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" offset="12" gap="6" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container>
                  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="8" gap="4" />
                  <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="18" />
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Headline -->
                <widget class="text" id="titl" size="22" auto_size="vertical" colour="black"  />

<container />
                </container>
                <!-- Full news text -->
                <widget class="text" id="news" font="fonts/inbox_body" colour="black" />
              </container>
              <!-- News image -->
              <container>
                <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="competition_news_image_panel" id="impl" alignment="top" height="250" />
              </container>
            </container>

<!-- Related news -->
            <container>
              <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="8" />
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container>
                <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="0" height="50">
                  <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0" />
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Story title -->
                  <widget class="text" id="titl" size="7" font="title" style="bold" multiline="true" colour="white" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" />
                </container>
              </container>

<container>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="1" height="50">

<!-- Story title -->
                  <widget class="text" id="titl" size="7" font="title" style="bold" multiline="true" colour="white" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" />
                </container>
              </container>

<container>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="0" height="50">

<!-- Story title -->
                </container>
              </container>

<container>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="1" height="50">

<!-- Story title -->
                </container>
              </container>

<container>

<!-- Story title -->
                </container>
              </container>

</container>
          </container>

<container>
            <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="0" />
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container height="220">
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,2,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="1"/>

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/vertical/line" width="2"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="2"/>
            </container>

<container height="220">
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,2,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="3"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="4"/>
            </container>

<container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="5"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="6"/>
            </container>

<container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="7"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="8"/>
            </container>

<container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="9"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="10"/>
            </container>

<container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="11"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="12"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="13"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="14"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="15"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="16"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="17"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="18"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="18"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="19"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="20"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="21"/>
            </container>
            <container height="220">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="22"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="23"/>
            </container>
          </container>
        </container>
      </container>
    </container>

<container class="competition_news_side_panel" id="side" default_width="290" priority="2" />

<container class="bordered_box" id="sid2" appearance="boxes/bordered/news/paper4" minimum_width="365" priority="3">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="titled_box">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="395260" type="use" value="Leagues in Focus[COMMENT: FR 11005; title for panel showing overview of leagues from across the game]" />

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" id="ocmp" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0" mode="distribute_equally">
          <container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif1" index="0" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="1" late_loading="true" />
          <container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif2" index="1" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="2" late_loading="true" />
          <container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif3" index="4" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="3" late_loading="true" />
          <container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif4" index="4" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="4" late_loading="true" />
        </container>

<widget class="competition_stage_panel" file="none" id="cosg">
          <boolean id="overview_version" value="true" />
          <container id="stse">

<!-- bottom row of the stage panel is used to store cup draw buttons -->
            <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" />

<!-- No game panel-->
            <container id="nots" hidden="true">
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" />
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<!--spacer-->
              <container height="10" />

<widget class="text" id="nost" alignment="centre" spec="text,large" style="semi_bold, embossed" auto_size="vertical" />
            </container>

<!-- group box for stage to go into -->
            <container id="stgb">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" />

<!--league stage panel-->
              <widget class="league_stage_panel" id="lspn" hidden="true" view="oovr" league_table_heading_length="0"/>

<!--cup stage_panel-->
              <widget class="cup_stage_panel" file="cup overview stage" id="cstp" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />

<!--group stage scrolling box (to be filled in code)-->
              <widget class="scrolling_box" id="gscb" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />
            </container>

<container>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,extend" offset="0" />
              <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" />

<!-- The exceptions so point deductions in the league etc-->
              <widget class="table" layout="-1" id="exta" stretch_to_fit_rows="true" row_height="15" hidden="true" mode="fill_rows" />

</container>

</container>
        </widget>

</container>
    </container>

</container>
</panel>

On 12/26/2016 at 01:52, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can also just take the 'manager profile panel preferences' xml from the panels folder of FM16 and place it in the panels/human folder for your FM17 skin and it will re-add that box to the preferences screen.

As its a quick change here is the file; fm17managerpic.zip

Just unzip that and place the human folder in the panels folder for the base skin you are using, then reload the skin and go to the Preferences -> Interface Screen and the option to assign a manager picture should be back.

That should work for both full mode and touch skins, though I've only checked that it puts an image on the manager profile screen, I haven't tested it to see if it replaces the manager image elsewhere or if it causes any issues in other places.

this is a great thread many thanks:thup:

for some reason I cannot get this to work for me 

9672ee800e430b1e14b514c239d2448c.jpg
https://gyazo.com/9672ee800e430b1e14b514c239d2448c

dbd37b43fe0487c13a72eec25e76373e.png
https://gyazo.com/dbd37b43fe0487c13a72eec25e76373e

the human file did exist in that skin and it had a xml file named add manager in it

please can you assist

cheers

there is a new version of skin out will try now

On 14/03/2017 at 20:49, Ryan377 said:

Cheers Michael, massive help as always. I've found the Vitrex skin which has these panels in allowing the stadiums to show. 

The two panels that help with the showing of the stadium are 'competition news image panel' and 'competition news panel'. The first screenshot below is with the 'competition news image panel' only but doesn't seem to show the stadiums on some of the news items (e.g. the main ones on the screen). When I put the 'competition news panel' in the panels folder and reload the skin, it does show the stadium on all the news items but messes around with the layout of the screen. I guess there'll be a certain part of that .xml which controls the stadiums shown behind the main news stories allowing me to delete the rest out so that the news screen configures correctly. Do you know which parts I would need to delete out/save? If not, no problems. 

Screen 1 with just 'competition news image panel' included in the skin

Try replacing this code from the default 'competition new panel' xml file:

<!-- Dynamic news image -->
                                <container id="dynI" width="400">
                                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />
                                    <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
                                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" />
                                </container>

With this code from the Vitrex skin as it looks like that is what is grabbing the stadium backgrounds instead of the dynamic backgrounds:

<!-- News image -->
              <container width="400">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="competition_news_image_panel" id="impl" alignment="top" height="250" />
              </container>

You might need to mess around with the height and width values and the alignment to get it to fit correctly.

5 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

this is a great thread many thanks:thup:

for some reason I cannot get this to work for me 

the human file did exist in that skin and it had a xml file named add manager in it

please can you assist

cheers

there is a new version of skin out will try now

The Manager Picture was disabled by SI in patch 17.3 and at the moment there is no way (and not likely to be) any way to get it back.

mihael I have an issue with my eyesight and have to use the old zoom 125% feature now this causes problems as with some custom skins a lot of the panels get messed up what would you recommend as the best option for me 

currently I use TCS version 1.1(there is a V.3 out but using on zoom is a mess)

thanks in advance

22 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Try replacing this code from the default 'competition new panel' xml file:

<!-- Dynamic news image -->
                                <container id="dynI" width="400">
                                </container>

With this code from the Vitrex skin as it looks like that is what is grabbing the stadium backgrounds instead of the dynamic backgrounds:

<!-- News image -->
              <container width="400">

</container>

You might need to mess around with the height and width values and the alignment to get it to fit correctly.

Cheers for all the help Michael. I tried this and also messed around with some of the numbers as well but was unable to correct it so that the panels beneath would show properly, I imagine this is then a conflict with another panel. I'm sure I can live without it though as I'm quite stumped now! Many thanks again for the help. 

4o0jyGi.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 15.3.2017 at 23:22, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The Manager Picture was disabled by SI in patch 17.3 and at the moment there is no way (and not likely to be) any way to get it back.

Is there a reason why it was removed?

It was removed because it was an oversight that adding the files from a previous version re-enabled it, however for why the feature was fully removed from the game I have no idea. (there should be a couple of other threads in the other parts of the forum about the issue, but I don't know if a reason was given in any of them).

40 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It was removed because it was an oversight that adding the files from a previous version re-enabled it, however for why the feature was fully removed from the game I have no idea. (there should be a couple of other threads in the other parts of the forum about the issue, but I don't know if a reason was given in any of them).

That's unfortunate. Still looking for answers for why it was fully removed from the game though. Thanks for the response.

• 3 weeks later...

really cant understand this thing!!

to Edit the Fonts

"The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font."

dunno which files should i change, where to find it...can you guys point me?

17 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

really cant understand this thing!!

to Edit the Fonts

"The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font."

dunno which files should i change, where to find it...can you guys point me?

It depends on what you want to do have a look at this guide for more information: https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/index-guides/fm2105-skinning-guide-part-1-the-basics/football-manager-2015-skinning-guide-part-2-changing-the-font-settings (the guide on the forum seems to have been deleted for some reason) - you can skip the bits about copying over the files as I have already done that bit for you with the base skin.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It depends on what you want to do have a look at this guide for more information: https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/index-guides/fm2105-skinning-guide-part-1-the-basics/football-manager-2015-skinning-guide-part-2-changing-the-font-settings (the guide on the forum seems to have been deleted for some reason) - you can skip the bits about copying over the files as I have already done that bit for you with the base skin.

OMG, it worked Michael!!!!!

really thanksssssss!!!!
since i play FM, i always tried and didnt worked!!!, but now...YESSSS!!!!!!

This is quite a quick easy one, but what graphic controls this menu? I am wanting to change the colour of it but not sure where the graphic is located. I have highlighted it with the red box in the pic below.

compressed.thumb.png.e4b21e78dbdc86631701ec89d5b75458.png

@Alexpuk2002 By Default it is controlled by the 'standard_button' variable declared in the settings file, however that also controls the colour of the various buttons.

If you only want to change the dropdown menu colours (don't think you can just change the FM menu dropdown on its own, or at least you cannot do easily) then you need to edit the 'box' xml file found in this location for your skin: \graphics\menus\standard (if it's not present you'll have to extract it from the skins.fmf file and it is found inside the fm-widgets skin, or you can just paste the below code into a new xml file and call it box and save it in the above location):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE propertylist SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/sios/properties.dtd">

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
    <!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
    <!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
    <record id="image_borders" left="10" right="10" top="4" bottom="7"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
    <!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
    <record id="image_slices" left="8" right="8" top="8" bottom="10"/>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="standard_button"/>
    <colour id="green_replacement" name="standard_button_shadow"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="standard_button_border"/>

</properties>

And then just change the values I have highlighted to the colours you want - first one is for the main colour of the button, the second one you can leave, whilst the third one is for the border - you can either assign them to an existing colour name or you can create your own and then declare the RGB values in the settings file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

when i try to use some custom font with 2017 white base skin, the font in Social Media session gets black, making the text so hard to read...

can i fix that??

Text on the Social Media page should be black in the Light Skin, you got a screenshot of the screen you mean?

10 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

20171209164725_1.jpg

How have you replaced the fonts - did you just rename your new font to ProximaNova to replace the original font or did you edit the xml files in the fonts folder - if you replaced the font did you also replace the two bold fonts as well as it looks like that could be the generic font used when the game cannot find your font file, the bold fonts should be called ProximaNova-Sbold and ProximaNova-Bold. If you edited the xml files make sure you didn't accidentally remove or edit any of the text colour lines.

On 09/12/2017 at 17:06, michaeltmurrayuk said:

How have you replaced the fonts - did you just rename your new font to ProximaNova to replace the original font or did you edit the xml files in the fonts folder - if you replaced the font did you also replace the two bold fonts as well as it looks like that could be the generic font used when the game cannot find your font file, the bold fonts should be called ProximaNova-Sbold and ProximaNova-Bold. If you edited the xml files make sure you didn't accidentally remove or edit any of the text colour lines.

yeah, just replaced the fonts, and it seems ok...but the Social Media still with black font...something i can do to fix??

• 6 months later...

Hi, hopefully this wouldn't be considered as necro posting. I've been using the Base Light Skin and was wondering if it's possible to edit the colour values for the In-Match, Role Instructions and Player Attributes panels. The colour have been clashing especially for the instructions and I would love to lighten it up a bit.

FM17.png

3 hours ago, Defforce said:

Hi, hopefully this wouldn't be considered as necro posting. I've been using the Base Light Skin and was wondering if it's possible to edit the colour values for the In-Match, Role Instructions and Player Attributes panels. The colour have been clashing especially for the instructions and I would love to lighten it up a bit.

FM17.png

If you want to change it generally (including none match screens) then you should just need to locate these variables in the settings xml file found in settings folder;

preselected instruction
selected instruction

And change the colours to something more readable.

If you just want to recolour it on the match screens then you'll need to edit the position instructions panel match and position instructions panel overview match xml files found in the panels/tactics folder though you'll need to extract those files from the game files (instructions here) In those files locate these lines near the top;

<colour id="selected_colour" name="selected instruction" />
  <colour id="preselected_colour" name="
preselected instruction" />

And change the name part to point to a different colour that is more readable.

Archived