France vs Not England - EURO 2016 Quarter Final | ITV

Heartwork

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only team to score against France in open play (so far)

Only team to score twice against France (so far)

Should have had a penalty, ref was a bit of a horror show in the second half (both ways fwiw). This game sure as hell solidified any claim for video reffing. Once we didn't get a corner when we definitely should have, then there was the penalty, then there was a time where the ball went off a French defender, didn't even cross the line and they got a goal kick :D

And to make it very clear before some buffoon makes the claim, nothing the ref did affected the result. Even if we had the penalty we were losing that game, the French were simple better.

As for the "LOOK INGERLUND, IT'S THAT EASY!!"... They don't have half the players required to play the way France did ffs :D

Turned over to watch Top Gear when it got to 3-0...Iceland are an embarrassment. Clap yourselves back on that boat beardmen.

Give over.

Anyway Iceland can go home knowing they did themselves proud and kept attacking until the end. If only they'd tried that approach sooner. They've exposed some of France's defensive frailties though and the Germans will look to exploit that.

Good game that, Iceland, despite conceding five goals put in a decent performance, never let their heads drop and kept attacking when they could.

Griezmann was superb, one goal and two assists from him I think.

Think France will be slight favourites vs Germany on Thursday in the semi final.

Turned over to watch Top Gear when it got to 3-0...Iceland are an embarrassment. Clap yourselves back on that boat beardmen.

The only embarrassment they caused is when they battered England and knocked them out without even breaking sweat.

So which set of PL fans are stealing the Icelandic clap routine & turning it into a cringey mess?

A good deal of them. It's going to be embarrassing. Apparently Motherwell are the team that introduced it to Iceland (playing Stjarnan, who first used it before the NT adopted it). So, they can probably get away with it.

Give over.

Anyway Iceland can go home knowing they did themselves proud and kept attacking until the end. If only they'd tried that approach sooner. They've exposed some of France's defensive frailties though and the Germans will look to exploit that.

It wasn't a serious comment, but I did start watching Top Gear.

Apparently Iceland have been pumping loads into developing youth football down the years so it's always good to see it finally get results. Might see a few scouts from across Europe attending their league's games next season looking to get in early on any rough diamonds that might be breaking out. Would say the same for Wales except very little is being done for actual Welsh clubs.

I would expect scouts from Europe here next season (which is now, really, seeing as how ours is a summer league) based mostly on the fact that they already come watch our games. Oh and based on the fact we are sending kids abroad already by the dozens when they are 14-15, I'd say they are well underway with the diamond prospecting

I would expect scouts from Europe here next season (which is now, really, seeing as how ours is a summer league) based mostly on the fact that they already come watch our games. Oh and based on the fact we are sending kids abroad already by the dozens when they are 14-15, I'd say they are well underway with the diamond prospecting

Speaking of Iceland talents, how good is Jonatan Ingi Jonsson? :)

I have no idea who the hell that is :D

Apparently (supposedly) highly-rated Icelandic attacker who players for AZ. Plays for Iceland National -U17.

Read somewhere about a month ago that his mother is Belgian and therefor Belgium is interested in having him as well. Trained with our national -U17 2 months ago.

Truthfully first thing I heard about him as well.

Archived