Is it worth buying 16?

What positive things have you noticed in it?

As i said, a lot of QoL updates. The board now sometimes comes to me and ask if i want to invest money in x. I can say no, the club would be better of to invest in y,z,a or b. This wasn't possible before afaik. Lots of these small things that put together create a nice impression.

Well, don't buy it for the "design-your-own touchline manager" feature, but yeah, buy it. I've spent 2x-3x more on Steam games I've never even installed, and I know I'll log between 1k-2k hours on this edition.

Completely forgot about the existence of the demo haha. Can't believe that. Anyway it's downloading now so I should be sorted and this will help me decide. I've got 15 but 16 looks completely better and the players will be better updated. Plus, I'm not patient enough to wait until November haha

In your position right now and after me playing 16, I would say is there going to be much of a big diff from 16 to 17. If not then probably good to time to buy. It's got great new features in it but to be honest with you and SI there game still hasn't been tweaked to many fans expectations when they rolled out the patch. The patch didn't include some major fixes that most of us fans were hoping to be included.

It's been my second season working real hard with SI and posting all found faults with the match engine via ftp. It's the second season straight season where I believe i've been let down in this department. Look it's a great game it's very challenging and fun to play make no doubt about it. The realistic side of it is do SI have a large staff pool to fix all these problems in a short time. This pattern is continuously being noticed as the seasons go by, can they afford to get more stuff in ? who knows. Do i like to spend my full amount of money season in season out not getting a fully fixed game ? no. I love the game but every time i have to re-roll a game back to a previous save due to some issues not being fixed does raise concern.

good luck

I've got 15. Haven't played 16 at all. Are the injuries and press conference updates any good? Is it worth buying for £15?

If you already own 15, then there is absolutely no point whatsoever in buying 16. The stadium expansion bug in FM16 makes LLM saves impossible unless you pay extra for the editor, virtually every goal is identical (cross to the far post and tapped in) and the add/remove leagues feature is broken. Don't waste your money.

I would wait until May next year and see how good 17 is.

Archived