FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

Champions at last! Season 2019/20 the year I finally win the league.

January saw Lamela, loftus-cheek and celjkovic leave the club and we brought in regen defensive midfielder, Alan Ramsden, from Chelsea.

The title win was made even sweeter, as it was Arsenal that we got there ahead of. The highlight of the season was Giminez scoring a last minute winner against them. A goal that proved to be absolutely huge by the end of the season. I also fielded an a English 11, with 7 academy graduates on the final day against Chelsea. Only losing 1-0. Promising for the future.

We didn't do to well in the cups. Going out in the quarters of the Champions league and FA Cup, with an early carling cup exit as well.

Lloris still wants out unfortunately and super Jan will be leaving after 8 years.

Edit: worst thing possible has happened. Tried to sign Bale. He wanted £450k a week. I could only pay £350k. He had none of it, and went and signed for ..... Arsenal. Worst bit is he accepted £350k a week from them

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yeah, who ever said to play Kane as support instead of attack up front, salute!

Scored 5 goals in my past 2 games so yeah thanks for that I'm hoping this good run of form continues and the inevitable contract negotiations will pop up soon :D

Kane on CF (S) anyone? :D

I'm trying to find some articles on the internet about Poch tactics and try to emulate them as good as possible, especially the tight defence.

Is it only me or Toby's a bit underrated in FM?

Try this : http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/tactics-and-analysis/67/post/2700593/mauricio-pochettino-building-tottenham-from-back

Don't think Toby's underrated. He's been excellent for me as I'd expect

Champions at last! Season 2019/20 the year I finally win the league.

January saw Lamela, loftus-cheek and celjkovic leave the club and we brought in regen defensive midfielder, Alan Ramsden, from Chelsea.

The title win was made even sweeter, as it was Arsenal that we got there ahead of. The highlight of the season was Giminez scoring a last minute winner against them. A goal that proved to be absolutely huge by the end of the season. I also fielded an a English 11, with 7 academy graduates on the final day against Chelsea. Only losing 1-0. Promising for the future.

We didn't do to well in the cups. Going out in the quarters of the Champions league and FA Cup, with an early carling cup exit as well.

Lloris still wants out unfortunately and super Jan will be leaving after 8 years.

Edit: worst thing possible has happened. Tried to sign Bale. He wanted £450k a week. I could only pay £350k. He had none of it, and went and signed for ..... Arsenal. Worst bit is he accepted £350k a week from them

Just thought i'd share a screenshot of a certain someone in my current man Utd save

Fx8YbkC.png?1

What the hell... Are you guys using your own tactics or those on the internet?

Knap is a Spurs FM thread legend. For as long as I can remember he's been posting first season title wins with the original squad. His own tactics all the way.

I've finished my first season with Spurs. Decent I shall say, we could have done better, especially in the NLD (1-1 and 0-2 on Emirates) and of course, should have conceded less goals than we did. In EL we were knocked out by Bayern in the Second Round (0-1 and 2-3) as for FA Cup, in the fifth round, by Man City (0-3). We did double over Man Utd (4-0 on Old Trafford and 1-0 on WHL), Liverpool (3-1 on Anfield and 2-0 on WHL), Chelsea (4-2 on Stamford Bridge and 2-1 on WHL) and Man City (2-1 twice).

table.png

Just thought id give you an update, currently midway through my 4th season, loving life and just broken the Arsenal's record of unbeaten games!!

League Table - only half way through but confident of winning my 3rd title on the trot! so hopefully go one better and win the champions league this time!

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2019.59.05_zpsjnefedgr.png

Fixtures - very pleased with my tough christmas period, coming from 2-0 down against Villa, and trailing 1-0 in the 88th minute against Chelsea only to win 2-1 - resulting in me jumping up off the sofa!! The Champions League group was all decided before the last game so i made 11 changes, so not too disappointed with the defeat!

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2020.00.07_zpsf3apxs7s.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2019.59.29_zps4vvy6gq1.png

During the summer I was undecided what to do about spending such big money on Bale, I took the gamble and soo glad i did, he has been brilliant!

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2020.00.20_zps7cluyoxj.png

Looking to strengthen the defence for someone to replace Vert .. anyone had any experience of Alessio Romagnoli? Stones has gone to City, already have Daniele Rugani

Tottenham Hotspur Season Review 2020/21

An incredible season with a bad ending. We won 6 out of the 7 competitions we entered. The only one we didn't win was the Champions League. We reached the final for the 3rd year in a row but lost on penalties to PSG after a 0-0 draw. Everything else was good though:

PL Champions for the 4th time in row.

Community Shield victory over Man City

UEFA Super Cup winners over Man Utd.

Capital One Cup Winners for 3rd year in a row over Villa, 2-0

FA Cup winners 2nd year in a row, over Man City, again (4-0 this year)

World Club Cup winners over Gremio, 3-0

Heres our transfers, no January business again, not needed:

xfers21_zpsxgvpbq05.jpg

Jedvaj was a revelation, Pogba was amazing, the other two incomings are for the future.

The PL table:

PL%2021_zpsrs6wklwb.jpg

Player Stats for the year:

Player%20stats%201%2021_zps5txu0oct.jpg

Player%20stats%202%2021_zpsqp2pixjk.jpg

Lloris played more games this year due to Sirigu's injuries. Was a breakthrough year for young Tom Proctor at AMR as back up to Emobolo. I signed him for £2m from Huddersfield when he was 16.

With Pogba's arrival, Eriksen was moved out to AML and he pretty much carried on where he left off.

Awards:

Embolo took the FWA Footballer of the Year

Pogba was PFA Player of the Year in his first season at Spurs

Dybala was PL Golden Boot, CL Golden Boot and European Top Marksman

As is now standard we dominated the PL Team of the Year and CL Team of the Year

I of course won Manager of the Year again.

Our season review

Season awards

Season injuries

Shirt Sales

Time to see the 'Best XI' since I took over:

Best%20XI%20ever%2021_zpsh1sigb1z.jpg

Not sure why Chadli gets the AML slot ahead of Bale, other than that I can't argue with this right now.

In other news, I've become a Spurs LEGEND! Well happy with that.

Plans for next season, competition wise, retain everything I can and regain the CL.

Personnel wise: CCV will be sold, he's started moaning about playing time and while he's a good back up, thats all he is. Likewise Onomah and Kaz Sterling can leave. I have other HG talent to replace these 3 as back ups now so time to move them on while they have value. Coutinho can go, he's done well but is not the superstar I wanted, plus he's injury prone. Sirigu's contract is up and it's time to let him go.

I'll look to replace Coutinho with Driussi or Draxler, preferably Driussi because he's younger. I'll be looking at a young keeper, maybe Donarumma, to back up and push Lloris for his place. Other than that there won't be many moves as I'm happy with the youngsters I've got to fill out the squad.

COYS

So I've now got 4 potential split saves & I might take a venture elsewhere for a bit. I've got:

Juve summer 2019

Bayern summer 2021

PSG summer 2021

Bayern December 2021 (in 12th place & no win in 6!)

The last Bayern one is really tempting. They've not won the title or anything for that matter in 3 years. Still got some quality but much of it aging. Could be a challenge.

i've just had this guy come thru my youth team, they think he can be one of the best of his generation 4 gold stars and one black

2epzBAf.jpg

might change up my HoYD though, phil cannon is good but i want someone who will find players to suit a 433 and maybe with a better personality as his is only balanced, i've been debating the HSV guy Peters as his is model professional

Edgar555 i'd go with the Bayern challenge as it appears you have bought all of Juve's big players! Would be good to see your progress somehow

I took it on but realised I love my Spurs squad too much. So continued with Spurs for a bit. I will go back to Bayern at some point but for now I'm just gonna see how much I can win with Spurs.

i've just had this guy come thru my youth team, they think he can be one of the best of his generation 4 gold stars and one black

2epzBAf.jpg

might change up my HoYD though, phil cannon is good but i want someone who will find players to suit a 433 and maybe with a better personality as his is only balanced, i've been debating the HSV guy Peters as his is model professional

Bernhard Peters is the best HOYD in the game. Sign him if you can.

Yeah I'm gonna sign him up, normally just go for Phil Cannon because he's cheap and pretty good stats for under 2k a week, ideally I wanted a HoYD with a preferred tactic 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-3-1 and a decent personality, seen a couple that fit the bill but only have fairly determined as a personality which although i'm sure the effect of HoYD on personality isnt that great just more desirable

did try for Bruno Conti but he wasn't having any of it lol, I've found its alot harder to sign Brazilian coaches as on FM15 and editions before used to sign up alot of the scouts and coaches but now they just flat out reject you

Has anyone kept Luke Amos and can they show how he turns out?

To me he looks pretty promising but is only rated a potential 1.5-2.5 stars which makes 0 sense to me... Yeah his mental attributes aren't the best but still?

5v85FDV.png

just won the league first season, had a horrible fixture pile up due to getting to the final of Europa, pretty much all the big clubs were the games I had left to play

won the title on the against none other than arsenal! To be honest we were all over them and they got a penalty against the run of play in 32nd minute, Lloris for the second time this season saved Cazorla's pen and then we went up the other end and got one of the flukiest goals I've ever scored. Lamela on the left wing closed down by Bellerin whips a deep ball in and it goes in off the underside of the bar and into the back of the net straight over Cech's head in the 33rd minute

16tDnfz.jpg

I did think we were gonna mess it up even though we only needed a point in our last 4 games they were matches against Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton & Palace - all were away bar Arsenal at home, especially as I had lost to Liverpool although only 1-0 it could've been more in truth we just couldn't get in the game, glad to get it wrapped up with 2 games spare though

so quick summary, FINALLY finished my 1st season (can only manage a few hrs in the evening & i spend ages just browsing around)

won the league eventually, was looking a bit tough as i had a bit of a crazy fixture pile up like no more than 2/3 days between games from middle of april until may

didn't do too well in the fa cup, tried playing weakened teams and ended up getting a few replays around jan/feb which i really didnt need then against Everton played a strong team and they didnt really turn up

Carling cup weakened team came up against city and they won 3-1

Somehow got the final of the Europa, didnt really plan to and had tricky knockout games vs Marseille, Athletic, Roma, Lazio & then met Wolfsburg in the final and put 3 past them in an easy 3-0 win

dTqJXFx.jpg

Eriksen was my best player by a mile playing as an AP in cm everything from him was just perfect kept the ball, pressed, set up goals, even in 0-0 games he'd end up with a high 8 rating, unbelieveable player made it into the FIFA Pro starting 11 in Jan16

wdCRrp6.jpg

KHgASSX.jpg

not quite sure how Dembele got in there, not cos he was poor im just guessing because Dier although solid as an anchor man didnt get the high ratings consistently?

and yep once i put Kane as a CF on support he was much more effective constantly putting balls inside the fb's for my wingers to run onto and get a crack on goal, big shout to Alli played near enough every match and put in countless top displays alongside Eriksen as BBM

Might try and shift out Vorm, Chadli, Mason & Pritchard this summer, want to bring Veljkovic through as he had a cracking season with promoted Burnley and won Championship player of the month just not sure where i'll be able to fit him in, I struggled to play Bentaleb he got the odd game here and there and was moaning a bit earlier in the season, also wanna try give Winks a few games and maybe Onomah as they have fairly decent stats

PXCZADR.jpg

as you can see from my tfrs below i've got two pretty decent back up keepers, Rajkovic got denied a WP so he spent half a season on loan in bulgaria, hopefully when i appeal it goes through, Donnarumma snapped him up in January for about £6m including add ons and Tielemans was the same low upfront and hes got an add on of 16m for reaching 50 goals something i dont see him achieving anytime soon. Fazio was shipped out at a bit of a loss, like irl he's too slow for my high line press and would be badly exposed vs anyone half decent

DsXdyV4.jpg

not sure where i'm going to start probably a IF for the left hand side been debating Demarai Gray - still @ brum with 5m release or Cristian Pavon @ boca who's slightly more expensive and there's also Embolo as well who I imagine is going to be quite pricey - only got 18m tfr budget so far but looking to sell Chadli for about 14m should help

how much would you take for bentaleb? I'm in Jun16 and man city come in for him i negotiated to 24m upfront, 4.4m over 12mths & 6m after 5 intl games

his stats for last season started 11(21) - bearing in mind 7 of those starts were for Algeria avg rating 7.13

in the lge for me 4(16) no goals or assists avg rating of 7 - do you think that offer from man city is too cheap? he's got two years left on his contract and is worth 22m

Well it's 34.5m all together with 30% profit from next tfr added on

It's a bit like real life tbh alli dembele dier and eriksen are my midfield pairing that switch around plus I have tielemans and ajer and then we have a few of the original youth players I want to try and integrate

Well it's 34.5m all together with 30% profit from next tfr added on

It's a bit like real life tbh alli dembele dier and eriksen are my midfield pairing that switch around plus I have tielemans and ajer and then we have a few of the original youth players I want to try and integrate

Sounds like a good deal

Gonna try get rid of mason but I think that might be a little bit harder, might try and sign Lewis cook as my replacement for nabil and mason as a rotational option and Gotta try ship out Townsend either sign pavon from boca or gray from Birmingham

Matt

well done on a good season.

would you mind posting a screenshot of your tactic and any instructions you used.

i am doing well in my save, and have just moved eriksen into cm as AP/s. Dembele has been a beast alongside him.

Full update to come but 2021/22 was another trophy filled season.

PL won for 5th year in a row. Tied up by game 33.

Capital One Cup won for 4th year in a row.

Did not win the FA Cup though. Went out to the goons in 5th round. I had a 2nd XI playing while they were full strength and it still took them to the last minute to do it. And I had 10 men for 40 minutes.

Made our 4th CL final in a row. And won our 2nd trophy beating Man U 2-0. Beat Madrid 12-2 on aggregate in the semi (8-0 at the Lane).

Tottenham Hotspur Season Review 2021/22

First up our transfers.

Xfers%2022_zpspgnafoo6.jpg

Had to dip into the January window for the first time in a few years. First up Depay was brought in to cover for Eriksen's looooong absence. Knew he'd be cup tied for CL but meant he could take the pressure off the injury prone Driussi. Galloway came in when Jedvaj decided he didn't want to be a rotation player so went to Bayern. Cesar was a bit of an August panic buy after Lloris and Donarumma both got pre season injuries. Turns out Cesar has even more potential than Donarumma but is a couple years younger.

Here's the PL table:

PL%2022_zps92oqsaxa.jpg

Our best season defensively but too many draws for my liking, that was due to a slow start to the season.

In other comps we won the CL & Capital Cup as detailed above.

Here's the player stats:

Stats%2022%201_zpsmvaajbgp.jpg

Stats%2022%202_zpsukxnso1p.jpg

Dybala was obviously outstanding and broke Clive Allen's season goals record. He had an incredible 8 hat tricks. It was our most challenging season injury wise, don't know if this is luck or a result of just relentlessly competing on all fronts, age also comes into it with one or two. Obviously Eriksen is the stand out on that front but plenty others spent considerable amount of time on the sidelines. Kane was another injury victim but he did hit 6 against Basel at New WHL in the CL group stages.

Awards:

Dybala was FWA Footballer of the Year, Golden Boot, CL Golden Boot, Top Marksman in Europe and Best Player in Europe (with Alli and Embolo 2nd and 3rd)

Alli was PFA Player of the Year

Lloris took the Golden Glove

The PL Team of the Year was dominated by our players

Same goes for the CL Team of the Year

Of course I was Manager of the Year for the 5th time running.

Season Awards

Season Review

Season Injuries (top of the list only)

Shirt Sales

Looking ahead to next season; It's probably time to part company with Toby, he's been a rock but mistakes have crept into his game and he's started moaning about game time. Same goes for Seamus Coleman. With Memphis a part of the squad one of my AML's will have to go, it won't be Eriksen, despite reaching 30 he's a club legend. That means it'll be Driussi who's only been with us a season. He's quality but also injury prone.

Here's a look at some of my top youngsters who are starting to contribute:

Cesar

Lawrence Lawson

Leonardo

EDIT: Interesting fact, we haven't lost a home game for over 3.5 years, last one was a 1-0 defeat to Brighton on 12/01/19.

COYS

Just been offered £72m after negotiating for Kane and had an offer for £33m accepted by Man Utd for Martial. Seems like a no brainer to me to make the deals, but I don't want to if Martial isn't very good as a CF and Kane is brilliant. Also, if not Martial, anyone better at that age?

Just been offered £72m after negotiating for Kane and had an offer for £33m accepted by Man Utd for Martial. Seems like a no brainer to me to make the deals, but I don't want to if Martial isn't very good as a CF and Kane is brilliant. Also, if not Martial, anyone better at that age?

Good money for Kane.

Also a good deal for Martial. Other options as teenagers would be Breel Embolo or Gabriel Barbosa. Both are excellent.

Matt

well done on a good season.

would you mind posting a screenshot of your tactic and any instructions you used.

i am doing well in my save, and have just moved eriksen into cm as AP/s. Dembele has been a beast alongside him.

sorry for late reply mate, generally leave the tactic the same although might alter the closing down and maybe drop the defensive line down to normal depending on if there's many through balls going past my defense, or i'll add work into box if crosses aren't working etc

mAsRB71.jpg

OO2oFSU.jpg

notable player instructions; GK - pass it shorter, distribute to fb & roll it out / WB's - stay wider, cross more often / AP - get further fwd, roam from position /

Well just finished 2020/21 season, and won the league on goal difference. Was 2 points behind city but they could only draw the last game whilst we won, and had a superior goal difference. Also won the Europa league, another great season. Also since winning the league twice in a row I am a club icon

sorry for late reply mate, generally leave the tactic the same although might alter the closing down and maybe drop the defensive line down to normal depending on if there's many through balls going past my defense, or i'll add work into box if crosses aren't working etc

notable player instructions; GK - pass it shorter, distribute to fb & roll it out / WB's - stay wider, cross more often / AP - get further fwd, roam from position /

no worries Matt, thanks for that.

its pretty similar to mine but i will try a few of your tweaks.

Yeah I mean tweak the team instructions as and when you're in a match I normally start off with the same TI and depending how we play adjust accordingly I've recently taken eriksen to close down less as I noticed he was ending up all over midfield and he just scored 4 first half goals against Basel so not the best team in the world and I also normally have Dier playing as an anchorman which allows eriksen and alli to push on a bit more knowing that they have cover

Create a lot of chances most games and have a very solid defensive record would prob win by bigger margins but Kane can be quite wasteful

quick question: about to start as spurs..

want to buy chambers from arsenal HOWEVER his stats are better suited for a centre back (low crossing & dribbling) and Dier would be better at right back (good pace & very good crossing)

would these two players be okay at those positions? (chambers dc & dier dr)

how would you play them?

Archived