FM15 - Selling players - Any tips

I don't generally struggle to sell players but a trick i like to sometimes use is to offer them to clubs on loan for 1 month then attach a slightly higher transfer fee than what they are worth. May not be the quickest route but i've had success with it before.

I think top clubs struggle to sell players due to the contracts the players are on. The clubs that would buy them aren't interested cos they can't afford their wages.

I understand that may be the case and to be fair the players I am trying to get rid of are on a good wage but I can't even get rid of them on loan with 0% wage contribution - that doesn't seem realistic to me as I believe there would be at least 1 championship club that would take the players for essentially free

In recent years i've always worked out that by having a lot of leagues in the background on view-only, doesn;t slow the game down and allows a lot more transfer movements. However in this game it is just awful, it's like going back 5 years, I can't sell anything regardless of what I offer them out for, offered Obertan for £2m, had interested clubs and no bids, now offering him for £200k and still no bids and now no interest.

I don't get what is happening, I just can't offload anyone, i'd love some tips or some feedback.

It would be nice to receive a few more offers from clubs when we actively try to get rid of them. Even if they sensed our desperation and made really really low offers to try to pick themselves up a bargain, it would be better than complete disinterest in a player who would be decent and affordable for a lot of teams.

There was a bug of sorts that you offer players out on loan and then when the offer comes in negotiate a transfer price. Sometimes it would fail on agreeing wages with the player but it's worked for certain players in the game before. In FM14 this was my constant getting rid of Torres tactic.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience so far is that whenever one of my players has that Wnt sign, I am able to sell them immediately for reasonable prices. I haven't tried to force an unwanted player out yet (haven't played the game long enough), but I think it makes sense that nobody else is interested in buying an overpaid players' contract. However, if you offer them out on loan, especially with 0% contribution requested, tons of clubs should be interested.

My experience so far is that whenever one of my players has that Wnt sign, I am able to sell them immediately for reasonable prices. I haven't tried to force an unwanted player out yet (haven't played the game long enough), but I think it makes sense that nobody else is interested in buying an overpaid players' contract. If you offer them out on loan, especially with 0% contribution requested, tons of clubs should be interested.

Yeah you would of thought so but I can't even get rid of players on loan with 0% wage contribution.

I dunno with this one. Sometimes it seems daft that nobody wants one of my alright players for pittance. It might be a wages thing. Look at Bassong at Norwich in real life. Loaned out to Watford because Norwich couldn't find a buyer willing to put up with his attitude and his wages. Despite them drawbacks, there's a good quality defender in there if he's managed properly.

The bit i find annoying is when a team declares interest in the players and then doesn't want to actually put a bid in.

To be fair it is the only thing I am not liking about the new version, well that and the time it takes to complete a season - but that could be down to my laptop!!
this game is great started going off it till yesterday brought the editor for 3.99 .when I have been seeing wanted ,they still don't go ,as im in trouble with Liverpool.due to high wages sterling is now 27 and wants 225grand real Madrid wanted him but never seem to put a decent bid in ,to liven my game up I transfere him there and put the extra money in from the editer works a treat.

cant believe it has to be raised again and again since 2013 .so how come you have not tested yourself.

They have. It could be related to something you're doing or your leagues loaded. It be an issue that could be improved. If you're having issues, please report it.

Each case will be slightly different which is why I always ask to see a copy of the save to establish what is happening.

As an example we've had complaints about problems selling players in the past & when we get the save it turns out there has been over £80m worth of players sold in a single season with just the dross being left unsold, the problem then isn't one of not being able to sell players but more a case of not being able to sell rubbish players who are on too much money which isn't an issue..

I understand that if there are players that are good players for the championship for example but have too high wages for clubs in that division then that would put off bids for them.

If that was the case then I just wish it would say that, maybe it could say something like "Although many clubs are interested in Andy Reid none of them can afford his wages at this time"

The thing is I cant even loan these players out for free with 0% wage contribution.

just release them if you cant sell them. i am very ruthless and very firm with my suqads, root out a couple of bad apples if they complain, one warning and then transfer list and the rest go quiet pretty quickly after that. give them an inch and theyll take a mile !

In that scenario it is likely that the player isn't interested in a loan move so AI clubs do not even bother to make an offer.

Ha that makes sense, just wish the application would tell you these things, if it actually popped up on the screen and said so I can get my head around it. When there is no feedback at allthen it is frustrating to say the least.

Maybe in this case it could say "Kelvin Wilson does not want to leave to play on loan in the championship as he wants to play at the highest level and fight for his place"

Then you could have the option to speak to him and tell him to fight or there is no place in the squad for him.

Loving the game by the way, I just wish it would give some feedback on transfers/loans.

• 1 month later...

I find sometimes if I can't get rid of someone for even £0, I'll add them to deals when buying another player. Sometimes it can even help with the deal, other times it's sometimes worth just adding them on top of the full deal for free. I've even added 2/3 to a deal once!

All depends how much you're struggling to get rid of them!

Also change their status to 'unwanted' and drop them to the reserves or U18s. Teams can be put off by their current status. Plus the player may feel forced out of the club and aim to leave himself anyway.

Usually I'll try to loan them out with their wages being paid, either until I can find a buyer or until their contract expires.

Another tip is a mutual termination. If accepted, it usually only costs half their wage of the contract left to run.

One thing to bear in mind, which has been half alluded to, is that the size of your database can affect transfers.

Say for example you only have five leagues loaded but a database size of 50,000 players.....well, there are way more players than squad spaces, and the large number of players available on a free because of this will usually mean that a player of equivalent or better quality than the one you're trying to sell is available on a free, and possibly with lower wage demands because they just want to get signed up to a club.

It's not definitely going be the case for everyone that it's affecting but it's definitely worth looking at.

This is from FM legend RAIKAN (now "retired"):

Always load up several nations, not just England, France etc! If you do this then always load up Russia and Ukraine as playable, especially if you are managing in Italy, France, Germany, England or Spain! Ukrainian and Russian teams tend to make a lot of big money offers.

Then do this:

1) On the first day of your save, go into staff responsibilities (personal assistant) and put asking price to 200%

2) On the first day of a transfer window offer out all the players you don't need or want! Remember though, not all clubs will want your rejects! Keep on offering them out, someone will come in with an offer!

(if you cannot sell a player, play the player in games, hopefully he will perform, then this will make him more marketable to sell, no one wants to buy some player who rots away in reserves for twice his value or even at his current value)

3) Each time you offer out players wait for a day. If clubs don't offer, lower the price gradually, 500k a time (depending on the players value). You may also try and offer £0 upfront and the full amount over 48 months, but in my experience its not necessary as if you properly do the previous step (needs a lot of patience I know) it usually works.

Archived